[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

2 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I’m glad he didn’t forgive. That’s very much in Park Sae Roy’s character. Forgiving, kind and understanding who show him same thing and ruthless to people who wrong him. Forgiving Jang Don Hee would mean, that old man never face actual consequences of his actions. Park Sae Roy didn’t forgive policeman, that wronged him and demanded him to surrender. I’m not sure why he should act like Ghandy with Chairman. 

Exactly * clapping * @serenilmauve  PSR’s not forgiving JDH was the right choice. JDH needed the same taste of ruthlessness he has always given to all the people he had come across and bullied. JDH had to face consequences because even though he was dying , that did not scare him at all. He was happy because his company, his only love was safe. Once he lost his only love, that is when he finally started regretting his actions. Like his son said “ The Strong bullies the Weak” he knew what he had to do. But PSY wasn’t going to let him walk all over him . 

• Like 6

The last time I posted here I asked if PSJ will end with KDM or KNR bc the trailers didnt give me a straight answer lol. 

But I'm so glad I stuck through and finished this drama. Was rooting for PSJ & KDM from the start. Lol Def. one of my favorites this year so far and probably for the whole year too. 

Question, does anyone know if there will there be a dvd or Blu-ray for Itaewon Class? Preorder?

I know it's on Netflix but usually good dramas come out in dvd. Maybe jtbc doesnt/wont make it?? TIA

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, egv said:

The last time I posted here I asked if PSJ will end with KDM or KNR bc the trailers didnt give me a straight answer lol. 

But I'm so glad I stuck through and finished this drama. Was rooting for PSJ & KDM from the start. Lol Def. one of my favorites this year so far and probably for the whole year too. 

Question, does anyone know if there will there be a dvd or Blu-ray for Itaewon Class? Preorder?

I know it's on Netflix but usually good dramas come out in dvd. Maybe jtbc doesnt/wont make it?? TIA

I would totally buy it. The only thing is that I live in Brazil. Would english subtitles be available? 

• Like 2

I don't really enjoy the 2020 story. It's just too idealistic for a realistic person like me haha. And as a member of Soo Ah team, (I adore her as a realistic mature strong and independent woman who fights for herself). I hate the plot when Royi just suddenly changes his heart towards Yi Seo. 

Even in the end, Soo Ah quits Jangga by herself and destroys Jangga with those documents.

You deserve a better guy, Soo Ah ya! I hope it works well with your new daebak chef. :D

• LOL 1

They indeed extended the episode. And glad to watch everything goes in places and happy ending. I love it! :D

I can't believe that in that critical moment, both YS and GS are cracking me up. Lol. She never fails to be meant at times. Lol. Poor GS for being abandoned while she was running. I'm totally fooled by her plan B. Hahahaha. But don't see as something negative. I don't think it was all bad for leaving him like that. If they both stay then the chances to be saved will much fewer. The point is she helps the rescuer to get to her faster in the end. I love the scene where the cars are facing each other in full speed. And SR didn't hesitate to tell SK to step on the gas and run into their opponent. Love it. They treat us with a little heroic action here. It also gives such kind of good humor. :lol: Things are wrapped all nicely. The writer also didn't forget the bridge scene which we ever seen in the first episode. We got it resumed. 

I never expect for any kisses would be happen and we got some. I like whenever YS asked SR if he likes her and he answered that he loves her. And they hug each other so comfortably and warmtly. Oh gosh.... my heart... my heart... be still please! The awkward moments whenever he shyly admits his feelings or shows his affections are just so Saeroyi-like. And it makes it more romantic. A guy who rarely be romantic. But once he did, he melts the heart. He said that to YS but here I got fluttered and squealing and smiling. Lol

I feel quite satisfied with how JDH lose his company, the one that he cherishes more than his family. It was a great humiliation for him and he deserved it. The actor who plays this character is doing a marvelous job. 

I realized that writer tried his best to give such a nice enclosure to each characters. Something dramas rarely do. GS ya...I know he reaps what he sow but at least he knows his limit. Every decision comes with consequences. And that farewell hug is so bittersweet. He'll grow up more and heal better in the future. Ommo... SA meet her stunning art-like chef?? I'm happy for her. She deserved to be happy after all. (Psst.. we'll see that chef soon in May, lol) Never know that Tony sings well. He improves! I also love the accapella version of the upbeat song which plays along during the date scenes. I like the epilogue! I thought it ended but hey they didn't stop there. 

Last but not least, it all ended nicely. It has given such a great storyline throughout 16 episodes with its flaws and strengths. I think it's okay to say that this drama has given us more than just an entertainment. It indeed shaped some morals to the viewers while taking the journey with all the characters. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@egv same here, I'd also like to know if OSTs are going to come out as well :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. for me all I know is Itaewon Class stint had me going for 3 months, I was happy and excited more delulu lol felt frustrated at some point but overall it became my #1 Drama.. maybe because I've fallen so hard with Ji Yi Seo and Kim Da Mi. Park Seo Joon is already a top tier actor and as expected he was brilliant throughout but (for me) KDM is the masterpiece of the show.. she made JYS my most favorite FL, she's just crazy good. 

The drama was terrific for me, I thought with the story flow and build up.. I was pretty sure that'll come a tad bit short at the end as I'm not really a fan of this Love Triangle that lasts almost forever. At first they convinced me that SRY truly loves OSA in the long run I realized no, that wasn't the case.. he just felt the attraction from the first time feeling admired and that OSA (PNR) is a beauty. Am I saying it's just attraction or puppy love? no, I still consider it as genuine love romantically.. she was his first love that's just how it is, but she wasn't the one, the one that'll made his heart beat like anything before.. the one that he had no idea what and how much it hit him.

One only thing I hate about the show, is that they made me hate OSA in the beginning.. gosh I felt so bad throwing stones from someone who swore to fought injustice by her own method, it wasn't as glorious as SRY but she suffered as much as he does.. she might not be blood related but she was hurt and retaliated like a real daughter. I'm glad how they compensate her lol kidding aside, she deserves to be free and happy like how she wish for SRY, her "daebak" speaks VOLUME we all know she's tellin the freak^n truth.

Also commending they finally gave SK his moment :lol: he gave me almost all the laugh in the show, but his character is truly unique and the most realistic one for me. He is not special nor had an exceptional abilities in the show.. he was simply woken up by SRY's conviction that made him realize to believe in himself that he also deserve and is worthy of a decent life.

Itaewon Class, FIGHTING! Each one of the cast had been stellar that goes for the whole production as well. Manse! 

(P.S. I hope they publish the webtoon in English Subs.. also release blue-ray DVD and OST too ;) *wishful*)

Back to lurking mode, looking forward to the next drama that'll make me come out of the cave again...

• Like 8
  • Love 2

My honest opinion is Park Saeroy and Jo Yiseo just feel more like brother and sister rather than a couple

I can't feel any couple chemistry 

TV Spoiler: Itaewon Class (Finale)

cr. netizenbuzz

Spoiler

Finale 'Itaewon Class' Park Seo Joon, kiss with Dami 'happy filled happy ending'

Source: X Sports News via Nate

1. [+1,516, -107] The drama started out so fun and then ended with something that made me question if it was the same drama at all. The last episode hit peak with how boring it was...

2. [+1,2987, -92] Sigh, what a waste of the acting skills of the cast. What happened with the strong, detailed plot it started with? The drama kept going down the wrong path before it got completely lost in the end.

3. [+778, -148] The webtoon is my most favorite.. and the drama was satisfying enough ㅠㅠㅠㅠ what am I going to look forward to anymore

4. [+143, -7] Sigh... It felt so random how Saeroyi suddenly liked Jo Yi Seo, none of it grabbed my attention... They really feel more like brother and sister than a real relationship. They don't match at all... There wasn't enough development in him falling in love with Yi Seo... sigh...

5. [+113, -13] I watched till the ending for the sake of all the time and effort I invested in it. I think they should hire a professional writer next time. The only thing I gained from watching this was finding out about a new actor named Ahn Bo Hyun.

6. [+101, -14] Park Seo Joon looked totally over it by the second half ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+99, -11] Park Seo Joon and the female lead had such great chemistry together, you could see the flutter in their eyes... but their kiss scene was lacking and the way Park Seo Joon looked at the lead was like whatever...

8. [+89, -8] Why was there nothing exciting about the kiss scene between Saeroyi and Jo Yi Seo? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+79, -0] Park Bogum was so random, his cameo felt too forced

10. [+78, -0] Yoo Jae Myung's acting was the best. I felt so bad.

11. [+71, -2] What I realized... is that the manhwa artist should stick to drawing manhwas... and leave the writing dramas to real writers like Kim Eun Sook..

12. [+65, -12] Such an immature ending...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

This drama started out as 7 and ended up being MEH. A makjang drama in disguise, minus an amnesia plot line. The main couple’s chemistry was nowhere to be found. In the end, SA is the clear winner. :ph34r: Final verdict: 3/10

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thanks to everyone in this thread. Thank you JTBC and production crew for giving us a wonderful drama. Hats off to the subbers who worked tirelessly to help international viewers to understand, enjoy and fully appreciate the characters, the lessons and the artistic value of Itaewon Class. :heart:

• Like 5

for some peculiar and funny reason any negative,that i read comes straight from then revealed oh sooah supporters^_^from people,who cant accept that their beloved”realistic”character,because of her own flaws,spent 15 years doing nothing.she needed to see park saeroy almost die,to actually remember mr.park.winner?i hope so.that she will not waste another 15 years by using a guy to make herself feel better about who she is and what she is doing.i hope she will not waste another 15 years by not helping people around herself,because she is so concerned only about herself and her wellbeing.next time someone deserves better from her.

i do hope though,that oh sooah supporters will”let it go”^_^

jo yiseo and park saeroy had plenty of chemistry.jusy like park seojoon and kim dami one the best acting duo out there.while romance wasn’t the focus of drama,love was.and i never even for a moment doubted,that for park saeroy and jo yiseo,they’re the most important people on this planet.and it didn’t happen sudden.it happened gradually over the years and hours of episodes,where jo yiseo was with park saeroy and always with him.she never left his side.she never made him suffer alone.she never made him feel obligated to return something to her.while park saeroy received it with opening heart and slowly growing affection.love didn’t happen sudden.but realization comes sudden.that’s why it’s called realization^_^

i’m glad,that foundation for love bloomed from meeting a person,seeing how good his is,accepting your heart and wanting to be there for a person and make him happy.and nothing about meeting him/her in the past and in childhood lol 

• Like 12
  • Awesome 5

Itaewon Class is TOP TIER.

Every character in this drama feels so tangible in their motivations, their words and their actions whether they do the right or the wrong thing. And even if some of the characters acted in a way that make me not like their actions or even agree with them, I still understood them and where they are coming from. It’s like every character in the story truly had a choice in whatever actions they make and some of it might be in response to something that was done to them but it was clear that it was still a choice and I like that. Some people might say the writing was not good or lacking in parts but for me it was truly great stuff what writernim did, to create all these characters and through them he made sure he was able to give us so many life truths for us to not just think about but be inspired to make us respond with actions. 
The story ended with our Danbam family truly finally free from the society’s expectations and rules, they are now really free to be themselves, to follow their heart's dreams, to love freely, to be excited about what tomorrow brings and to know that they belong/they have a place in spite of the world around them. 
This story makes me cry but a cathartic kind of cry and I will carry all the characters of the Danbam family and extended family with me in my heart, they will now forever be my companions and friends in this journey called life. Isn’t that what a great story is?

Best of all, to Sae Ro Yi and Yi Seo, my adorably awkward power couple, who you are individually and together has put you in my OTP of all OTPs list. Forever there to remind me how love can truly be EPIC.

To people here who are not satisfied and just plain bitter because your bias did not end up with Sae Ro Yi, what can I say? Different strokes for different folks. Although, imho you missed out on enjoying an EPIC kind of LOVE. 

Thank you to everyone here who loves this show. I will miss this. But who knows, another amazing drama might come along once again and I will again come back to this forum and meet some of you again... If and when that happens, I will greet you with

Annyeong, Chingu! Ready for another amazing ride? from your old Danbam crew  :wub:

Edited by ari_bian
  • Like 16

I wonder why the subbed episode was so slow this morning... was it because subbers were frusturated as well?

I couldnt understand why ep15 was more on SR's near after-life journey;

Ep 16 - i couldnt understand why they had to run in the middle of the road and confessed there and then;

i couldnt understand after the confession; all those changes at with IC taking over Jangga, they havent even hold hands??? ;

Why they sat so far from each other? - too late for social distancing when they have already kissed?;

Didnt look like he was that passionate in love but then again, that's his character since the beginning?

Park Bo Gum's cameo was cute though?

Overall it was ok but i think for me it peak off when IC became so successful after Toni's grandma's investment.

Maybe it shouldnt be a 16 episode drama but a 30 episode drama to show the growth of IC, i dont know.

Regardless, everyone has worked hard :)

SO  too the Samsung ad.. the flip phone!...

and Mercedes is everywhere!

At IC, and  Hyena ? Time to advertise in K dramas, :l

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Hide contents

This drama started out as 7 and ended up being MEH. A makjang drama in disguise, minus an amnesia plot line. The main couple’s chemistry was nowhere to be found. In the end, SA is the clear winner. :ph34r:

I agree with your statement. I had the same opinion :lol:

• Thanks 1

I would've reacted to criticism (which for me would also hold more meaning, if it came from people who actually spend time with us discussing drama and character these two months), but I'm kinda so happy with finale and ratings, that it doesn't really bother. Two months ago I didn't even dream to see this kind of numbers and too so much heated discussions about characters xD Itaewon Class successfully found it's a way in k-drama world to be one of the strongest and memorable entries in cable television;) Yeap, it's kinda one of those "flex" moments from me :lol:

@realistic2280a because he needed to have a closure with his dad, say his goodbye, accept his aching heart and move on with his life. His hear was frozen in that night 15 years ago. After seeing his dad, he allowed himself to move on and look forward instead of his past. 

He wanted to confess to make sure she knows how he feels, if something happens to him (or them). He once almost died without letting her know, that he loves her. 

Because they slowly turning their almost 5 year "formal" relationship into personal. It bond to be awkward and slow.  

It's not like they should now glued to each other 24/7 lol He held her hand. Which is one the occurring theme of this show.

@emollienime you speak one way my mind too. Some people maybe don't want accept or admit it, but depending on who you supported it shapes your perspective;) 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2