[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@Anjalifairy I feel so nostalgic for some reasons after seeing again 1st teaser today. Remember how we 1st saw it? Omg. 

Spoiler

Time flies really fast. They released it on December 23 and now is March 20. 4 month passed :blink: Our 1st ongoing drama with PSJ here on soompi was so much fun :w00t: So anxious, yet so excited too to see last two episodes :lol:

@greenwatch08 In my almost 10 years (I believe) of watching k-dramas I just become a bit picky about what and with whom I watch my dramas;) Itaewon Class is a type of drama that comes in your way just once of two times in a year. When you have everything. From interesting characters to great acting. Be drama good or bad at writing in someone’s eyes those characters and their story still provoke very strong emotions B) It was an interesting journey with full of different emotions. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

@Anjalifairy I feel so nostalgic for some reasons after seeing again 1st teaser today. Remember how we 1st saw it? Omg. 

Reveal hidden contents

Time flies really fast. They released it on December 23 and now is March 20. 4 month passed :blink: Our 1st ongoing drama with PSJ here on soompi was so much fun :w00t: So anxious, yet so excited too to see last two episodes :lol:

@greenwatch08 In my almost 10 years (I believe) of watching k-dramas I just become a bit picky about what and with whom I watch my dramas;) Itaewon Class is a type of drama that comes in your way just once of two times in a year. When you have everything. From interesting characters to great acting. Be writing good or bad in someone’s eyes those characters and their story still provoke very strong emotions B) It was an interesting journey of full of different emotions. 

I also feel very nostalgic, sad and empty thinking this journey is about to end! :(

Such shows rarely come along. It's been years since I have felt so attached to a show. I am usually not a reader here. But IC made me read and even participate a little here! Tho I wish I had started watching it earlier. I had a marathon of 10 Eps. In a way I didn't have to wait it out but it would have been worth waiting and discussing every little detail of the drama. Sigghhh! lol

Not sure when a show like this will come next to get me this glued.

This drama was perfect with acting, OSTs and even the storyline ignoring some mishaps. 

I have truly fallen for the show and PSJ all over again! I loved him last in "She was Pretty", which again wasn't as popular, but PSJ made every little frame of that show worth watching! He is LOVE LOVE LOVE. Also liked him in "Fight my Way" but wasn't as attached even tho a great show. May be I will revisit because PSJ's withdrawal will be too much to handle post IC! :P

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, platinumbeauty said:

I have truly fallen for the show and PSJ all over again! I loved him last in "She was Pretty", which again wasn't as popular, but PSJ made every little frame of that show worth watching! He is LOVE LOVE LOVE. Also liked him in "Fight my Way" but wasn't as attached even tho a great show. May be I will revisit because PSJ's withdrawal will be too much to handle post IC! :P

Same here. I've fallen for Park Seo Joon all overagain. I know he's a good actor but i rarely got attached to his drama like this. **Major withdrawal syndrome alert.**

He was great in Fight My Way and all others too but maybe because I've fallen for Kim Da-mi as well,  that's why I'm so attached to IC sigh~

p/s: i managed to watch The Witch cause I felt bad not knowing Kim Da-mi, then i fell for her more. It's so good. 

Been waiting for IC since the first day PSJ confirmed as a cast. Don't even know what it is about at that time but it's worth the wait. Love the storyline, the character, the cast, their acting even the bts. Waiting for another great drama to come by.

@serenilmauve is right, this kind of drama only comes by once or twice a year. I'm gonna miss IC team so much but I want to know their ending as well. Can't wait for tonight & tomorrow.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, platinumbeauty said:

She was pretty was a big drama and MBC hit (also one of their best performing evening dramas that year). 

And while I understand how some people may not like all of them, but I do like all his dramas equally;)) I enjoy re-watching them sometimes and miss his characters. Because they never fail to entertain, provoke some thoughts (especially FFMY) and his characters trend to be different from each other, so I know that I should enjoy them, while they’re here xD Imo, there is a reason why all of them (dramas) gain big followers number in SK or internationally;)

PSJ shared new (PSR and bts) photos on his IG;))

• Like 4
  • Love 3

29 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

She was pretty was a big drama and MBC hit (also one of their best performing evening dramas that year). 

And while I understand how some people may not like all of them, but I do like all his dramas equally;)) I enjoy re-watching them sometimes and miss his characters. Because they never fail to entertain, provoke some thoughts (especially FFMY) and his characters trend to be different from each other, so I know that I should enjoy them, while they’re here xD Imo, there is a reason why all of them (dramas) gain big followers number in SK or internationally;)

Oh really! Damn I didn't know. Ofc I watched it way after it was aired and many found it overrated so thought probably not as popular. But good to know it was a hit. Even if an alright storyline, I am majorly in love with that show! PSJ as "The Boss" shines bright. That's the only Korean show I have rewatched multiple times lol. Now IC has been added to the list!

Witch's love was great too. Tho didn't feel as attached!

I have seen most of his recent shows too except Hwarang since I am not huge into historicals. Did you like it?!

I haven't seen his old shows before Witch's love, any other worth watching?!

PSJ is definitely my most favorite. He puts his all in the characters. If you watch him off screen he's nothing like his characters. Shows he's a great actor plus his eyes do all the talking lol. Not sure if he's considered a good or decent actor but for me he's one of the best if not the best! Hope for him to choose his next project wisely post IC and SOON! lol

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, platinumbeauty said:

I have seen most of his recent shows too except Hwarang since I am not huge into historicals. Did you like it?!

Spoiler

Another fan of PSJ.  I got to know him through "Kill Me, Heal Me" and has been following him since then and try not to miss the drama he is in.  :blush:   BTW, I even bought the OSTs for She Was Pretty and watched it quite a few times.

Well finally it's D-Day.  It will be quite an emotional one for us and  I will only be able to watch it the next day.  Enjoy...  

• Like 3

@Alice Wonderland

I didn't take the course either. 

Spoiler

Initially i wanted to read an article in hangeul but i was frustrated because i didn't understand a single word. So I tried to learn it from google and finally i was able to master it in a few days :lol:

Haha thank you! Hopefully you will also have the opportunity to improve your Korean skills :D

I don't think it's time for us to expect a preview anymore bcs the broadcast is only a few hours away :lol:

@serenilmauve

Of course i remember! Even before the first teaser, when the filming pics were leaked everywhere, we were already soooo excited. I think we created account here for the same purpose, which is because of this drama :lol: We met in this thread in November, it's like an endless wait to us waiting for the first broadcast. There have been exciting and anxious moments during these 4 months :D And what we were excitedly waiting for finally is about to end T_T

Btw, I have enough free time today. So i tried to do subbing and made a new IG account just to post it (simply bcs i don't wanna use my personal account to post it kkkk).

In case you guys are bored while waiting the new episode, why not to look into this making with subs (only caption subbed) :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

@Anjalifairy don't worry about it. I am in the thick of the whole coronovirus issue so dramas have dropped down my list.

I haven't even watched episode 13. But watched episode 14. I highly doubt I will get to come here and will just watch episode 13 to 16 in one hit. I haven't seen any spoilers. In fact have no clue what special edition chapters are. I still haven't read enough spoilers to know- and don't want to know actually- if he ended up with SY. I was expecting an underdog drama so didn't think too much if he will get a romance in the drama. So the " special edition" spoilers came as a total spoiler for me.

Catch you on another drama. I am too busy trying to wrap my head around the ever changing guidelines and how to work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, platinumbeauty said:

Oh really! Damn I didn't know. Ofc I watched it way after it was aired and many found it overrated so thought probably not as popular. But good to know it was a hit. Even if an alright storyline, I am majorly in love with that show! PSJ as "The Boss" shines bright. That's the only Korean show I have rewatched multiple times lol. Now IC has been added to the list!

Witch's love was great too. Tho didn't feel as attached!

PSJ is definitely my most favorite. He puts his all in the characters. If you watch him off screen he's nothing like his characters. Shows he's a great actor plus his eyes do all the talking lol. Not sure if he's considered a good or decent actor but for me he's one of the best if not the best! Hope for him to choose his next project wisely post IC and SOON! lol

If drama called “overrated” it means it was highly popular during it’s run;)) I think She Was Pretty still a drama that even newcomers watch. It’s a classic in k-drama world for a reason;) And I think the story is great if people would watch it not like “ugly girl turned beautiful”, which was never an idea based on everything that they showed, but as a journey to stop having mindset, that in your life you have a secondary role, while others have main roles, and start seeing value in yourself as a person. 
Also nice to see another Ji Sung Joon supporter B)

I like Hwarang, but it admittedly had it’s own flaws. If not bad styling for main cast members and some plot-line uneven moments, I think it had a lot of good thing going on, but it’s more a dividing type of work. I do re-watch some moments from time to time though. And Hwarang guys had a lot of chemistry between each other. No one they all end up being good friends with PSJ/PHS/V turning into best friends and forming their own squad;)) 

As for his early dramas before he debuted as a male lead, they’re good, but they also morning/family type of dramas. So I’m not sure how much someone would enjoy them. 

And his acting considered good/great in SK;) I mean you see it yourself;)) 

full OST playlist official;)

One hour of being blessed with strong OSTs :wub:

00:00 이찬솔 - Still Fighting It (OST Part.1)

05:13 가호 (Gaho) - 시작 (OST Part.2)

08:34 하현우 - 돌덩이 (OST Part.3)

12:03 Sondia - 우리의 밤 (OST Part.4)

16:40 김우성 (The Rose) - You Make Me Back (OST Part.5)

19:50 김필 - 그때 그 아인 (OST Part.6)

24:34 Sondia - 우린 친구뿐일까 (OST Part.7)

28:21 Sondia - Maybe (OST Part.7)

32:01 윤미래 - Say (OST Part.8)

36:20 VERIVERY (베리베리) - With Us (OST Part.9)

40:35 더 베인 (The VANE) - 직진 (OST Part.10)

43:24 Crush (크러쉬) - 어떤 말도 (OST Part.11)

47:49 V (BTS) (방탄소년단 뷔) - Sweet Night (OST Part.12)

51:19 데이먼 - Brand New Way (OST Part.13)

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Btw, why they don't release that "Park Sung Il and Fraktal - Defense" song? (JYS psycho attitude BGM :lol:). Or is it an existing song? 

They already have the song on Youtube! :/ ... And I love it! <3

25 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

If drama called “overrated” it means it was highly popular during it’s run;)) I think She Was Pretty still a drama that even newcomers watch. It’s a classic in k-drama world for a reason;) And I think the story is great if people would watch it not like “ugly girl turned beautiful”, which was never an idea based on everything that they showed, but as a journey to stop having mindset, that in your life you have a secondary role, while others main roles, and start seeing value in yourself as a person. 
Also nice to see another Ji Sung Joon supporter B)

I like Hwarang, but it admittedly had it’s own flaws. If not bad styling for main cast members and some plot-line uneven moments, I think it had a lot of good thing going on, but it’s more a divide type of work. I do re-watch some moments from time to time though And Hwarang guys had a lot of chemistry between each other. No one they all end up being good friends with PSJ/PHS/V turning into best friends and forming their own squad;)) 

As for his early dramas before he debuted as a male lead, they’re good, but they also morning/family type of dramas. So I’m not sure how much someone would enjoy them. 

And his acting considered good/great in SK;) I mean you see it yourself;)) 

I meant "overrated" as in many watched it but didn't quite like it IYKWIM! Otherwise rating wise it did great. And yup one of my most favorite dramas! Ji Sung Joon's entire journey was exquisite in the show. It was also thanks to "Kill me Heal me" that I discovered the show!

And I agree I don't think it was the matter of "ugly duckling turned beautiful" since JSJ liked her as she was. It was more of her self-worth and her discovery of self-love which was the emphasis along with accepting loved ones as they are! :D Otherwise grooming, make-up and all is very normal these days. People look different inside vs outside lol. Her so called make over seemed normal to me since we all love to look our very best! :)

• Like 3

@Anjalifairy @serenilmauve I did come here to share my excitement about PSJ with someone too :bawling: I’m so glad I met you girls)) Also it’s not the end though, we have our Park Seojoon thread to continue party :joy:

@Anjalifairy Thank you for translation a lot, dear :love:

some possible spoilers and speculation about next episodes:

Spoiler

I noticed that on new stills detective had Jo Yiseo kidnapped photos from hospital. So she will not know what happened to Park Saeroy...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, platinumbeauty said:
Spoiler

I meant "overrated" as in many watched it but didn't quite like it IYKWIM! Otherwise rating wise it did great. And yup one of my most favorite dramas! Ji Sung Joon's entire journey was exquisite in the show. It was also thanks to "Kill me Heal me" that I discovered the show!

And I agree I don't think it was the matter of "ugly duckling turned beautiful" since JSJ liked her as she was. It was more of her self-worth and her discovery of self-love which was the emphasis along with accepting loved ones as they are! :D Otherwise grooming, make-up and all is very normal these days. People look different inside vs outside lol. Her so called make over seemed normal to me since we all love to look our very best! :)

That's only from small vocal minority;)

@Anjalifairy I think because it's not official OST, but more like bonus;)

Thank you for translation;)

• Like 5

I come to like Itaewon Class for one big writing style, that I myself enjoy a lot. In that regard webtoon roots come along. It’s when your plot can be based on real, but reel enough to not be taken too serious, yet characters itself taken very seriously and present a lot of allegories on society. In that regard they remind me old-school American superhero comic books. So Saeroy is a strong-principled and minded hero, while the villain of the story someone who just as strongly opposes his beliefs. And they hate each other only because of their ill-fate but because their view clash. That’s why while Jung Gun Won killed Park Saeroy’s dad and he is doing all that kidnapping action, he is secondary villain, while his dad is ultimate “bad guy” of the story. Overcoming him means overcoming his philosophy. Proving him wrong means proving his ideas wrong. I’m so excited to see the end of their conflict. Ideally Jung-dad should do what he always asked to do Park Saeroy, which means as his resolution he should kneel down in front of our hero.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

54 minutes ago, platinumbeauty said:

Yeah but it's not official i think(?) I mean it's not released by Vlending channel just like the other OST ^_^

44 minutes ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

@Anjalifairy @serenilmauve I did come here to share my excitement about PSJ with someone too :bawling: I’m so glad I met you girls)) Also it’s not the end though, we have our Park Seojoon thread to continue party :joy:

@Anjalifairy Thank you for translation a lot, dear :love:

Lol let's meet in Dream movie thread too! :lol:

25 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

@Anjalifairy I think because it's not official OST, but more like bonus;)

Thank you for translation;)

Ah but why tho? I really like the intro like it automatically reminds me of her "뻥이야~ / ppeongiya~" at her unpleasant first meeting with Park Saeroy :lol:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Yeah but it's not official i think(?) I mean it's not released by Vlending channel just like the other OST ^_^

Lol let's meet in Dream movie thread too! :lol:

Ah but why tho? I really like the intro like it automatically reminds me of her "뻥이야~ / ppeongiya~" at her unpleasant first meeting with Park Saeroy :lol:

Indeed :glasses: He will play a football star, I love him in sportsmen roles))) 

I’m also going shamelessly promote Park Seojoon’s thread)) Join us, if you interested)) We spend a lot of time there sharing about him all the possible information and talking about his dramas and roles :blush:

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

I first knew about Park Seo Joon during his Hwarang days and Park Hyung Sik for that matter although I couldn’t finish the drama because the actress playing the FL was just not working out for me but I was glad I watched the drama for a time because I got to discover Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik :wub: :) <3

Then, I watched Fight My Way and enjoyed Park Seo Joon’s acting and his character and I thought FMW was a good drama and it was fun.
But, it is only with the drama Itaewon Class that I’ve seen what Park Seo Joon can do acting wise if given the opportunity to play a larger than life character, and I have to say I was blown away and he truly knocked it out of the park.
Park Seo Joon is Sae Ro Yi in my eyes and I cannot even imagine someone else playing the character or make me fall more in love with the character than if it were someone else other than Park Seo Joon.

To think I was not planning to watch this show and only because I know Park Seo Joon that I decided to check it out as I was in between dramas at that time and I don’t have any other korean dramas in my to watch list.
Much to my surprise and ever increasing obsession, this drama has completely overtaken me and had grab hold of my heart so quickly and so intensely that I suddenly wanted to talk about it with other fans of the show be it in tumblr and even that wasn’t enough for me so I came here to see how other fans feel about this drama and I was so happy people love it. The last time I was here in soompi was such a long time ago when the drama Faith (with Lee Min Ho) was showing... so just imagine that I was truly in desperate need to talk about this show with like minded fans. I rarely encounter this type of drama nowadays which inspires me to write posts and make metas that analyze every single thing about the characters and the story lol.

It has been wonderful. And such a pleasure to read all the metas, analysis, comments and fangirling with you guys,,, I will be saying goodbye to this drama much more aware of a lot of things about the world, about korea in particular, about rare female heroine that subvert types, a hero that inspires me to challenge the status quo and thanks in large part to everyone here and of course the show itself I will leave this show armed with a lot more wisdom than I did before I watched this drama. 
And the greatest gift that I have ever received in this drama is KIM DAMI, who has portrayed my favorite sociopath,Jo Yi Seo, so flawlessly and gave me another all time favorite female heroine in kdrama, by the way my other all time favorite kdrama heroine is Lee Ji An of My Ahjushi...

I am putting out my wish now out there into the cyber world that someday we will see Park Seo Joon and Kim Dami together again in another project whether it be a movie or a drama preferably cause their chemistry is JUST SUBLIME and FEELS SO INTIMATE and REAL. It was because of their chemistry too that has made me so bonkers about this drama lol. So to Seo Joon and Dami, chebal, be open to another partnership pretty please, I mean, even Oh Ji Ho, the actor who wants to try his hand as a director, is also quite interested to offer you both a web drama project, so even he saw how ON FIRE SEO JOON/DAMI CHEMISTRY is. 
I would prefer another drama of course as I need more time with Seo Joon and Dami pairing...

p.s. if anyone is interested here is the link to the interview of Oh Ji Ho also being a STAN of Seo Joon/Dami pairing hehe

http://naver.me/FCGg28cr

• Like 12
  • Awesome 2