[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@greenwatch08 i'm replying to some of your posts, but lazy to quote them all

1) i'm not sure if SA qualifies an important witness to murder incident. My understanding is the court knows the GW's vehicle was used, no further testification needed for it. The reason GW is out of jail is because JDH twisted the fact and said someone else used the car. This part, both SA and PSR can have an intuition that GW was the actual driver, but they were not in the position to testify as a witness to this fact. 

2) The incident when PSR almost killed JW, she was an important witness. She could have mentioned in court "i saw PSR hitting JW because JW killed his dad". And the court would still dismiss the fact that JW was the murderer. Her only duty was to describe what she witnessed in her own eyes on PSR's assault; her statement of his motive would not lead the court to indict JW. And while we are at it, the scholarship was to reward her for saving JW (even though it was not her main intention) and not to get her testify against PSR. With or without the reward, myself would speak the truth of what happened.

3) I agree with you that they delay too long before they can 'qualify' be together. SA asked PSR why he didn't ask her out.. he said let's focus on career first.. she didn't contest.. i was like.. you guys are just leaving opportunity after opportunity behind.. if the revenge takes decades, would you only be together during menopausal years..

4) It doesn't make sense from a 3rd person that a romantic feeling can last so long without much 'maintenance' or creating new memories together. I agree so much with YS that "feelings can change based on situations", unless there is a very strong foundation to shield from changes. But SA and PSR doesn't date and they are not building that kind of foundation and closeness.. Love is an ongoing forward looking process and the foundation cannot only depend on their history.. heck, they can't even argue like a normal couple without thinking about history.. so IMO, as much as i like to see them together because they are very visually compatible, I can't see them end up together at this point of the story, because i think love is about choice, priority and effort.. and when i mean effort it's the normal day to day couple effort, not "i gona make u jobless" effort.. And both of them made that choice. With or without YS in the picture, they still lack that ongoing foundation. What a waste, when i recall SA once had the reflexes to stand in between PSR and the cop when he was about to fire a bullet..

5) I don't read too much on the part SA saying she doesn't like poor guy in her teens, it seems like a banter and the reply by SR "now my goal is to get rich" seems cool to me. It doesn't directly imply she likes rich guys. She actually prefers that she is rich herself. Because her core personality is she doesn't like to give or receive help (like PSR described). That's why she wasn't into blind dates etc. 

6) i also agree YS and PSR makes great business partners along with the whole Danbam crew. To me the best business partners are the ones you can call names, fly papers/stationeries across the board room, swear curse shout scream etc.. but at the end of everybody are all good again with no hard feelings.. Bottom line is to care and love at least as much as you being nasty at work

7) I am not normalizing YiSeo's behaviour through point 6, but does anybody remember she came from the US with a more direct culture, i think we can cut her some slack.. she is overall a very direct person, she can take remarks as much as she can give which is kinda fair. I'm talking about her general attitude and blunt honest interpretation of the world around her, i don't excuse the incidents like asking GS to leave.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Whisper2

Okay that makes more sense but I wonder why SRY went to the former cop place to tell him to testify? Was it is to testify because the cop knew of the falsified evidence? It would be hard thing to prove. 

I mean the webtoon writer is the show writer too so anything could happen at this point. It's been pretty unpredictable. I take it as in when she said she like rich guys(she obviously dont but is directly referring to SRY himself), SRY took that as maybe he needs to be financially successful so he can be of worth/sort of like when a guy wants to impress a girl. She even invited him to her place for the night but he said he wouldn't, he's not rich yet. I feel SRY is taking that

statement at face value lol. But now, not anymore?Just like when JDH says tigers dont roar so he ends up looking at a video of a tiger roaring even though he knows that tigers roar lol. 

Theres no initiation between the two even though its obviously clear they like eachother. But romatically from up to the story in episode 8 standpoint, I'm not so sure. The thing is I'm not a fan of "childhood friends

/teen crush to lovers later on as adult" trope lol. I strongly definitely agree with your point at #4. One thing about relationship is about building, specifically bond/memories. SRY & SA have history but throughout the show, they havent neccesarily created

any new memories with eachother or built upon that, as you mentioned there has to be effort. Love doesnt come easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@greenwatch08 the cop is not a witness, he cannot testify on the incident. But he can turn himself in for wrongful and bad faith investigation (they indict the wrong guy on purpose), which is why he is worried because he can end up in jail. The result of him turning himself in is probably reopening of the murder case, but is still insufficient to charge JW. It is still possible that the wrongfully charged person (the key witness to testify on a sacrificial lamb transaction) does not want to cooperate during the re-investigation of case.

There could also be a chain of investigations and scandals that follow (corruption and bribery within the police force, reputational impact on Jangga etc). This will be a good time for PSR to strike.

It will be a long way but i really want to see JW and JDH pay their dues.

• Like 2

I think this drama is more about SY struggle to do his revenge to Jangga and less about love triangle. 

His relationship with both SA and YS, is more like partner(?). But I'm still open to any (maybe) love story in the upcoming episode, haha.

I love YS's characteerrr! She is so strong, independent, strong-willed, tho she's rebel and sometimes too blunt it hurts other but she knows what she's doing and want to reach in life. Moreover, i like her ombre hair a lot :wub:

For SA, I understand if she chooses to continue to work at Jangga. She has great carreer there and she needs money for life too. But I hope she will help SY more to grow his business later. She starts to look disagree with JDH decisions lately and I hope she will choose to work in SY business later, she will be a great help for him :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@Whisper2

Yes not testify. I meant, yes he can turn himself in because he knows about the falsified evidence & wrongful investigation. I completely forgot that the sh^tty cops/JDH indicting an innocent person. Btw, I dont remember, did the wrongly accused person ever went to prison. My memories is faltering lol. So they basically they screw 3 people lives in the process.

I'm curious how SRY is going strike against JDH. Everywhere SRY goes, he just cant catch a break. JDH/J Co. are just buying people out, it so annoying lol. I hope that the former cop will help them maybe somewhere in the future. I cant wait for JGW to end up in prison, even JDH. It's going to be tough to go after a billion dollar corp/CEO but I'm rooting for SRY to get his justice.  Btw, if people knew about the situation, wouldnt that make them as some sort of an accessory of the crime, even if they directly themselves was not at the crime scene/commit it. (Not an accomplice though, which is different). 

• Like 1

@greenwatch08 he didn't only knew about the falsified evidence and wrongful investigation, he also partaked in it even though not as mastermind. He was no mere bystander because he was the Detective in charge, he had choices, he chose to terminate the case.

He didn't just just letting things happen and chose to kept quiet. He took part to execute the order and wrongful indiction is pretty darn serious.

I know it sucks for him to be trapped in such situation. Prosecutors, judge, or police are generally held to a higher standard of ethics due to their heavy responsibility to protect justice. They don't have much leeway to make "life choices" because every critical information withheld, every investigation undone, is an injustice to the victim and the family. Cop ajusshi can't run away because he broke that public trust. He had the authority and resources to access to evidence that PSR and SA didn't have.. 

He also chose promotion and money in return for termimation of the case. This can lead to a separate charge not  limited to the police force but may also involve Korean ACRC. I hope the bribery scandals can get back at JDH.

• Like 4

@Whisper2

I meant the person who was wrongly indicted, just to claify. 

But yes, the cop/dad screwed himself over the moment he terminated the case. I know he has a daughter to take care of but he has to own up to the consequences. I understand there is a higher power but what's the point of being a cop when you just end up taking hush money/living your life with no dignity. It wasnt just him, the whole damn police department, the higher ups who covered it up too. It really sucks because his daughter looks up to her dad so much & wants to be one. I hope in the future he will do something about it. I know that not everyone can be like SRY but I'm just happy that SRY is a man of his principles & doesn't let corruption sway him. 

• Like 3

The "teams" that I'm on are the following:

PSRY x LHJ...the oldest bromance

PSRY x JGS... because JGS needs a healthy adult male role model

MHY x CSK...this particular couple has very cute bantering and good chemistry

OSA x JYS...tbh that scene where JYS says she will destroy OSA and OSA smiles back at her was kinda hot imo lol

irl, i wouldn't be friends with anyone on this show because they all got healing to do, and i'm not about that life of performing free emotional labor. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

i just hope that there will be no fan war in this drama like what happen in extraordinary you.

let support every one of them and had a good discussion about the character.

ofcourse they are not your typical Kdrama leads that so predictable and just a Saint and easy to llike.

this is more like real life experience with real life case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@ari_bian

The one thing I like about JYS is how initiative she is. She's the 'lets ride or die', let's make sh^t happen kind of person. She is really gung-ho about everything & puts foward all her energy to that goal, similar to SRY. That's why the scene when they were on the bridge talking about Danbam's future about making the 'dream' happen when they say let's do it together, it was a nice touch/hinting about their future prospect. 

@greenwatch08

Yes, i love that about her too. I love that she is very decisive. I love that moment when she said "I didn't even need to hesitate". And with no apologies to anyone, she put all her cards in Sae Ro Yi's pot, gambled and took a risk. And she really backed it up with actions too. My favorite moment in this series was episode 8 when Yi Seo and Sae Ro Yi argued about what to do with their situation of having Jangga as their new landlord... i love that when Yi Seo argued with Sae Ro Yi, she was very emotional. I mean they both are. It seems only Sae Ro Yi can pull out those emotions from her. Usually when she is arguing, she would just be matter of fact and quite blunt but not with Sae Ro Yi, she is still blunt but there are also feelings hovering beneath those words... the way Kim Dami and Park Seo Joon acted that scene was just so good, it made me want more of that . 

• Like 3

Itaewon Class 2nd Presscon

February 28, 2pm KST

Attendance : Park Seojun,  Kim Dami, Yoo Jaemyung, Kwon Nara,

live on JTBC Drama Youtube Chanel

@ari_bian Fyi, the scene you mentioned is the best one minute scene of ep 8 which reached 15.4%. I love that scene too. The way they express the dialogue with the right emotions makes their bickering moment feels natural yet intense. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

oh guys dont get me wrong.. im not saying you shouldnt pick sides or shouldnt discuss about SA or YS.. of course you can like SA or YS or hate whoever u want.. what im saying is i jst dont understand why people are focusing too much on team SA vs YS.. there is no SA vs YS here.. the drama is not really about their rivalry... IMO this drama is about Jangga vs Danbam/PSR vs JDH.. the drama is not about romance or love triangle.. yes SR likes SA but other than telling SA how he feels, he doesnt really do anything about it. and SA is very straightforward to SR from the very beginning plus she doesnt even consider YS as her rival.. and YS, i think she hates SA not because SR likes SA, but because she sees her as one of Jangga people who are trying to bring DanBam/SR down (tbh does she truly hate SA?)... so is there really a love triangle or ‘SA-YS rivalry’ at this point? i jst dont see it yet. ofc if SA and YS are actively pursuing SR by competing against each other then i would understand this whole commotion about team SA vs team YS. <ps this is jst my humble opinion..it’s totally fine to disagree with me :)>

but i must say discussing about characters and the story here is fun.. i truly appreciate everyone’s opinion in this thread.. keep it up :blush:

Agree 

IC weight story's is more about DB and J.co competition maybe there a bit revenge factors hence it's not a kind cruel blades bloods likely or more precisely it's about principles and idealistic,  JDH is cold ambitious businessman who's   done a dirty things to achieve her success, he believes in power of money , his autocracy/arrogance made thinks he can buy anything.

Police's , judges,  laws or even someone life. Person who utilize corrupt people's ended up getting trapped by their own "tools "

And PSR who's more beliefs in kindness, character and hadworks ,wanna puts his revenge as tool to showed to JDH asides money there's humanity and caring is above all.

As YS and SA, of course they're in race to win SR hearts, both have their own charm. 

SA is independent unwavering girl, she knew what she wants and how  to aim her own success with or without SR she will find her own path. Seems she's grey but mostly she just care less, told the truth i can't read her since seems she owns the hidden agenda.

Likely YS  success to stole SR heart tho,  Seeing how she provoked the ire  of  the DB boss yet SR don't look suitably dejected

Another heartfelt points from thesmartshorthired girl is

She's so determined to protect SR at all costs, she is such  persistence slay fox  B)

exciting waiting eps.9 ,how she will turn the table when she meet an old experience slime fox J.co .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

Thanks for the link. Yes, all the fanart has been super. I have the same sentiments about female characters too though I would love to see some Dambam interaction between JYS & MHY because KDM & LJY are B) *thumbs up*. 

Most definitely. I love SRY as a character. He's one of the reason I stuck with the show in the first place. This is definitely his story so I dont mind that everything (should) revolve around him. One of the most compelling/admirable & a current favorite M/L in any drama in a while. He is like 'top tier' that good lol. Socially aware, openminded, compassionate & knows how to take care of folks. He's a keeper in my book lol. His patience is impeccable. The ENERGY he has. SRY is the kind of person that naturally attracts people. The thing is I like JYS alot too so I tend to ramble away about her. I like SRY & JYS alot together as well, whether it be platonic/romantic. They're great business partners. 

You said it all. I think in the past several years, that I’m watching k-dramas (and just any dramas in general) Park Sae Roy literally one of the few male characters, that I like unconditionally and think that he is not just presented as “a nice guy”, but he is really a good guy to the bone. Even when he got angry and upset, he straight away apologized to Jo Yi Seo for raising his voice. Which is such a rarity nowadays in the media...

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Is it weird that even though we're about to hit the meaty part of SY's revenge plot, I also yearn for it to be over just so I can see him happy and carefree and not weigh down by that anymore? Like all this revenge part is great and satisfying for us to watch (karma feels awesome), but SY is clearly completely weighed down by it and not really enjoying life like he should be. 

Maybe that's why I ship SAxSY, because the last few memories we have of him being carefree and happy had SA in it, from running to the college interview with her to celebrating a meal together with her and Dad, and ofc, the last time we saw him 100% happy and not caring about anything else: the Halloween date. As the episodes go on, I think I've appreciated the Halloween date more and more, because it was the last time we saw both SA and SY just being happy. On that date, we saw two people who like each other just genuinely enjoying their time together and having fun. I just want to see that again from both of them, especially since they've both suffered a lot in their lives.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hi everyone, I am new in this thread!

As a background, I think I have watched almost all drama and movies of PSJ and I enjoyed it very much.

But for Itaewon Class, I skipped it at first because I am not familiar with female actors and also with PSJ's hairstyle! LOL! But people said everything is about timing right?!

And finally this week I try again to watch IC and guess what, I can finished all 8 episodes just in TWO DAYS!

I really love SRY character! And he remind me with Drama My Ahjusshi that I really love the Male lead role character - Park Dong Hoon Ahjusshi.  SRY problem solving method is always beyond our expectation! I I love how he still have the integrity and kindness even though life was very hard to him. How does he fight the bad guys in power in his own way. For me, that kind of person are more attractive than handsome-rich man. So his "weird" hairstyle is not matter anymore for me.

Regarding the female roles, I think both of SA & YS are important for SRY. Both of them have good and bad side for SRY. They give SRY support in different way and also harm him in different way too. That's why I am not really concern about the triangle romance. I just need ending will give us happiness to SRY. He can beat the bad guys! The bad people will be punished for every bad things they did.

FIGHTING SRY! FIGHTING DANBAM! :heart:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

You said it all. I think in the past several years, that I’m watching k-dramas (and just any dramas in general) Park Sae Roy literally one of the few male characters, that I like unconditionally and think that he is not just presented as “a nice guy”, but he is really a good guy to the bone. Even when he got angry and upset, he straight away apologized for Jo Yi Seo for raising her voice. Which is such a rarity nowadays in the media...

Oh i thought he's so cool at that time. I mean, amid of his frustration towards YS, he could still controllably and humbly apologize to her. It shows how mature he is and i feel like he wants to set a good example as the oldest of all. 

1 hour ago, wisely1300 said:

Is it weird that even though we're about to hit the meaty part of SY's revenge plot, I also yearn for it to be over just so I can see him happy and carefree and not weigh down by that anymore? Like all this revenge part is great and satisfying for us to watch (karma feels awesome), but SY is clearly completely weighed down by it and not really enjoying life like he should be. 

Maybe that's why I ship SAxSY, because the last few memories we have of him being carefree and happy had SA in it, from running to the college interview with her to celebrating a meal together with her and Dad, and ofc, the last time we saw him 100% happy and not caring about anything else: the Halloween date. As the episodes go on, I think I've appreciated the Halloween date more and more, because it was the last time we saw both SA and SY just being happy. On that date, we saw two people who like each other just genuinely enjoying their time together and having fun. I just want to see that again from both of them, especially since they've both suffered a lot in their lives.

Yes, i admit that episode 1 and 2 are beautiful moments between SR-SA. Of course, halloween moment is also my favorite. It's for the first time after living a hard life, in prison, not having anyone, he enjoyed his freedom and the beauty of outside world with someone he likes. It's so heartwarming to see even now when i watch it again. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Oh i thought he's so cool at that time. I mean, amid of his frustration towards YS, he could still controllably and humbly apologize to her. It shows how mature he is and i feel like he wants to set a good example as the oldest of all. 

Yeap, I don't mind if characters do not apologize right away after their fight and a lot depends on situation and etc., but it just gave Park Sae Roy a little bit that extra maturity and wise vibe. After all he is younger than him and she is his employee. 

btw, on his youtube video channel, during 1st press-con PSJ said, that they already filmed 10 episodes. But we only now seeing actors appearing different. Are we sure we should expect time change ep. 10-11-12, instead of 13-14? But that will be too late, right? 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Yeap, I don't mind if characters do not apologize right away after their fight and a lot depends on situation and etc., but it just gave Park Sae Roy a little bit that extra maturity and wise vibe. After all he is younger than him and she is his employee. 

btw, on his youtube video channel, during 1st press-con PSJ said, that they already filmed 10 episodes. But we only now seeing actors appearing different. Are we sure we should expect time change ep. 10-11-12, instead of 13-14? But that will be too late, right? 

I really have no idea about that. But if we look based on webtoon, the remaining parts before time jump are :

1. SR wanting to register his business license and ask the staffs to give ideas about the corporate's name. 

2. GW trying to persuade YS to join Jangga. But this part is totally different from the drama tho, bcs in ep 8 ending, YS came to Jangga. And judging by her and JDH expressions, they seemed to have agreed on something, even GW himself looked clueless and surprised. While in webtoon, it was GW who came to Danbam to persuade YS in many ways to join Jangga, but of course it didn't work bcs no one is more manipulative than YS :)))

So, what i'm trying to say is, although the storyline in drama will definitely be changed and added, but at least in ep 10 or ep 11 at the latest, time jump should've happened, bcs there're still so much to unfold after the time jump. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anjalifairy said:

I really have no idea about that. But if we look based on webtoon, the remaining parts before time jump are :

1. SR wanting to register his business license and ask the staffs to give ideas about the corporate's name. 

2. GW trying to persuade YS to join Jangga. But this part is totally different from the drama tho, bcs in ep 8 ending, YS came to Jangga. And judging by her and JDH expressions, they seemed to have agreed on something, even GW himself looked clueless and surprised. While in webtoon, it was GW who came to Danbam to persuade YS in many ways to join Jangga, but of course it didn't work bcs no one is more manipulative than YS :)))

So, what i'm trying to say is, although the storyline in drama will definitely be changed and added, but at least in ep 10 or ep 11 at the latest, time jump should've happened, bcs there're still so much to unfold after the time jump. 

Seriously, I hope they're not planning to go further than ep.10 with time change. Because it will be an overkill. Personally I think ep.9 should be the end of current time line, but we will see...

Btw, I like how Park Sae Ro Yi is just too long for all of them to say, so they use either Sae Ro Yi or Ro Yi (especially when Gun Soo calls him Ro Yi hyung;))

• Like 4