[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

@Anjalifairy I think I will listen it at least hundred times;)))

Park Seojoon was expelled from school in the first broadcast of 'Itaewon Class'

202002010000245889451_20200201000400_01_20200201000406763.jpg

Park Seojoon was expelled from school in the first broadcast of 'Itaewon Class'

Screenshot_20200201-053625_Chrome.jpg

Netizen comments :

(+1551,-39) Today, Son Hyunjoo and Park Seojoon's acting are crazy.

(+789,-28) Wow. Son Hyunjoo is a very special appearance, but his acting 

(+641,-53) Wow, this is crazy. All the actors and actresses in the story are crazy. Wow, it's thrilling.

(+398,-45) Park Seojoon's acting is like what he says and I will expects tomorrow.

(+153,-3) Son Hyunjoo is so good at acting even though he's a special actor that he'll raise the quality of the drama. When it was at the signal, I thought it would be great if he appeared in it

(+152,-24) Park Seojoon is really good at acting. ...

credit: storykpop

I saw a lot of comments praising son/father duo's acting, which made me happy;)

• Awesome 4

@Anjalifairy I hope people would give this characters a chance :love: 
I also now understand why Oh Sooah will be they way she is... I wonder if that “I borrowed from you, uncle. I will return everything in triple amount” part would be brought back again. 

I was so wrong about Kim Feel part, that I’m embarrassed :joy:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

The real fun begin next week i guess.

This week episode is all about the background for PSR revenge. 

I love the chemistry between psj and kwon na ra damn i wish they are the main lead..... why you go to evil side na ra yaaaa... 

But cant wait PSJ with KDM next week!

• Like 5

Wow what a show. I thought it will be another comedy but so much thriller and dark. It has hooked me in and cant wait for next week. This is going to be sure shot blockbuster because it makes you wait for next week episode. Nara's character turned out to be backstabber. I hope  she improves her acting skills.

Park seo joon amazing as usual. From wwwmks where he played narcissistic boss greatly. Here he is playing this role perfectly for revenge

Plus people who have seen the webtoon, pls put spoilers in big tags

• Like 4

Gosh, the rollercoaster of emotions didn't stop at the end of episode 1. The restraint SR had once SA made him realize that his dad would not have wanted him to ruin his life by avenging his death was another great scene. It's refreshing to see PSJ in such an emotional and dramatic role. Am enjoying the narration of his inner thoughts as well. It's touching how he keeps his dad alive that way - through what his had had taught him and how he wanted his son to be "different" from him.

As predicted, YJM is the perfect CEO Jang. While on his high horse, he's completely lost his sense of right and wrong. It's no wonder the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Their conscience is the polar opposite of SR and his dad. I assume it's written that way on purpose. Would hope that what CEO Jang said to SR about sticking to one's belief system when gaining nothing is stubborn and foolish is ultimately proven wrong. The fire that he's fueling inside SR makes things quite entertaining and leaves one rooting for SR to get his revenge the honorable way. Seeing him establishing his store is a marvelous first step.

P.S. I am curious about what role (if any) the gangster boss SR befriended in jail will play in the story.

P.S.S. It appears SA has some guilt over SR. Their relationship should be interesting as it unravels especially when Kim Da Mi enters the story.

• Like 5

I didn’t read the webtoon but have to pop in and say the first 2 episodes were amazing!

The stark contrast which both men fathered their sons, in their formative teenage years, were both inspiring and tragic.  I don’t know how adult Geun-Won will turn out, I can guess not so good :D I feel so much for him in the barn before he pass the chicken test.  Great acting so far by everyone, esp Yoo Jae Myung, Park Seo Joon and in that scene, Ahn Bo Hyun!

I have to let this simmer before commenting more.  Great start for the drama.

• Like 4

I have watched Episode 1, and boy! I am hooked!

Can we just pause for a moment and talk about  how beautifully every scene was directed?! Especially when Sae Roy's dad got hit by Geun-won's car. It was so sophisticated and spontaneous, it's hard to imagine how they have come up with that scene!

And when Sae Roy was hitting Geun Won? Like he's so ready to kill someone because his dad was killed? PSH's acting there is just so good, I have repeated that scene a couple of times!

You see, I always wait for the ratings to come up before I watch a drama. But I have been reading the Manhwa for quite a long time, and that it stars PSH and KDM, which is why I watched the series on its first episode! All of the scenes are beautifully-directed, and the acting is crazy-good! And yes! I am now saying this on a series' first episode! I did not regret watching it right away, and I just wish each week only has two days - 금토!:lol:

Speaking of ratings:

Episode 01 : 4.98% (1.282 Million Viewers)
Episode 02 : 5.33% (1.371 Million Viewers)

• Like 5

20 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I saw a lot of comments praising son/father duo's acting, which made me happy;)

Happy to know that people enjoyed and said nice things about this father and son's part as much as we did. Still can't get over the fact SHJ makes PSR's dad role much more cheerful and warmer. I like it so much ^_^

18 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

I was so wrong about Kim Feel part, that I’m embarrassed :joy:

Please don't be :joy:

11 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

The real fun begin next week i guess.

This week episode is all about the background for PSR revenge. 

I love the chemistry between psj and kwon na ra damn i wish they are the main lead..... why you go to evil side na ra yaaaa... 

But cant wait PSJ with KDM next week!

I'm undoubtedly on Jo Siyeo's side, but couldn't help but smiled seeing these two, Saeroy and Sooah. I was taken aback when she offered him to stay at her place, i was like "nooo, not this soon. Saeroy is an innocent man." :P Turned out Saeroy refused with unexpected answer :joy:

7 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Wow what a show. I thought it will be another comedy but so much thriller and dark. It has hooked me in and cant wait for next week. This is going to be sure shot blockbuster because it makes you wait for next week episode. Nara's character turned out to be backstabber. I hope  she improves her acting skills.

Park seo joon amazing as usual. From wwwmks where he played narcissistic boss greatly. Here he is playing this role perfectly for revenge

Plus people who have seen the webtoon, pls put spoilers in big tags

We're still on serious side of the story until last night's episode as it's still focus on uncovering the painful past of PSR. I think we can expect more comical scenes once the full members of Danbam have appeared.

Oh noted. I should've put a big tag on spoilers before so that everyone aware. My bad. But i'll do my best to not spill any of them anymore so that everyone can enjoy it all. Besides, i enjoy reading people's exciting reviews after watching it, also i'd like to know ppl's theory and analysis for the upcoming episodes. It would be no fun if there's too much spoilers right?  :D

2 hours ago, SaiSai1988 said:

And when Sae Roy was hitting Geun Won? Like he's so ready to kill someone because his dad was killed? PSH's acting there is just so good, I have repeated that scene a couple of times!

Speaking of ratings:

You're not alone. Idk how many times i've repeated that scene, especially when he was crying out despairingly calling her dad, his acting there was so realistic and believable as if i could feel his big lost and despair.

Lol yeah, i wish i could hybernate until friday, live my life on weekend, and then start to hybernate again :lol: I mean i was looking forward to Jo Yiseo's first meeting with Park Saeroy on last night episode though, yet they made me wait until next week instead. 

So, Tony Hong/Hong Suk Chun's cameo role is the owner of the bar. Funny to see him just being himself :lol:

GIF-200202-100430.gif

• Like 6

Love this drama so far, the flow of the story, dialogues and acting - everything is really well done. I love how his character has a long term plan to come back for revenge, unlike other dramas how they would portray the main lead becoming a rich guy from out of nowhere. Can't wait to see what happens next!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SaiSai1988 said:

I have watched Episode 1, and boy! I am hooked!

Can we just pause for a moment and talk about  how beautifully every scene was directed?! Especially when Sae Roy's dad got hit by Geun-won's car. It was so sophisticated and spontaneous, it's hard to imagine how they have come up with that scene!

You see, I always wait for the ratings to come up before I watch a drama. But I have been reading the Manhwa for quite a long time, and that it stars PSH and KDM, which is why I watched the series on its first episode! All of the scenes are beautifully-directed, and the acting is crazy-good! And yes! I am now saying this on a series' first episode! I did not regret watching it right away, and I just wish each week only has two days - 금토!:lol:

Speaking of ratings:

Where did you read the manga? I tried to find it but couldnt find it

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, SaiSai1988 said:

Ah it is also still ep 12.

And thats like maybe will be reach by early of episode 3 ( jo yi seo characther introduction and her crashing with park se royi like in preview ) i always want to know what next after that haha. Guess i need to be patient lol

• Like 4

Park Seojoon has started his own life once again after since he was released from prison in the new episode of 'Itaewon Class'

_fL1Gu3S%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Park Seojoon has started his own life once again after since he was released from prison in the new episode of 'Itaewon Class'

Capture.PNG

Netizen comments :

(+1118,-56) It was so fun.. Park Seojoon why are you so cool?

(+726,-41) Park Seojoon's acting when he's gonna kill him it's so good.

(+415,-18) Webtoons, you've done a good job. Come on, please come quickly next week.

(+306,-15) Crazy, it was so fun. I think next week will be the real start.

(+210,-18) It's fun. It's so fun. Everyone's great at acting and directing.

(+147,-4) Seroyi you must be have a plan right..

(+126,-7) Park Seojoon is good at any role.

credit: storykpop

Park Seo Joon’s New Drama “Itaewon Class” Premieres To Strong Ratings

JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” is off to a promising start!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Itaewon Class” is a new drama starring Park Seo Joon as Park Sae Roy, a passionate entrepreneur who is uncompromising in the face of injustice and corruption. Armed only with his convictions and his anger over the death of his father, Park Sae Roy joins forces with other young people that share his stubbornness and youthful bravado, then chases after his dreams in the narrow streets of Itaewon—while boldly going up against the food industry conglomerate Jang Ga in the process.

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 31 premiere of “Itaewon Class” scored an average viewership rating of 5.0 percent nationwide and 5.3 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area, marking an increase from the series finale of its predecessor “Chocolate” (the drama that previously occupied its time slot).

credit: soompi

“Itaewon Class” And “Queen: Love And War” Viewership Ratings Hit New Personal Bests

After premiering to strong ratings on January 31, Park Seo Joon‘s new drama”Itaewon Class” performed even better with its second episode. JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” scored viewership ratings of 5.3 nationwide and 5.6 in the Seoul metropolitan area.

credit: soompi

• Awesome 5

11 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

So, Tony Hong/Hong Suk Chun's cameo role is the owner of the bar. Funny to see him just being himself :lol:

He updated his IG and I believe said, that Park Sae Roy's struggles reminded him his own struggles in the past. 

I think we will see him more;)))

Spoiler

Netflix banners

2020-02-02-17-30-41.png

I'm pleasantly surprised to see IC being number one out of all yesterdays drama searches on Naver. 

Also during and after broadcast IC webtoon, Kwon Nara, Kim Dami and sometimes PSJ trended too;)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2