Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

On 3/24/2020 at 4:06 PM, ende said:

But at least we get a glimpse of how they both can be when they're free from secrets. CA & JH's last scene in the small town is too funny that it's such a great setup for another drama. :D 

I wish we can have one more episode to see their life in the countryside!!! :blush:

On 3/24/2020 at 4:06 PM, ende said:

I've got to thank the writer for giving us some unconventional ways of how these two interact for a long drama. They can be unpredictable so that's something I've enjoyed about them. And because they both have a special connection with JG, that makes them quite formidable partners for each other. 

I always enjoyed the scenes with JH and CA. 

Here is the youtube link for Seo In Ah's BTS clips and goodbye from her OUI agency.  

According to the article about Seol In Ah, it looks like she will be taking a break after BLWL. But if KJY and SIA ever star in another drama, please let me know. :grin:  She really is a captivating actress and hope she gets many more great drama opportunities along with her other acting colleagues!! 

A slideshow of our beautiful couple!! 

What the message in Korean says: 

Our Pretty Jun- Cheong  Couple:
All the staff members and actors worked hard. Thank you for that. From the first to the last, I enjoyed watching the drama, Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life. I am going to miss our Jun- Cheong  couple alot. I hope to meet actor Kim Jae Young and actress Seol In Ah again in a romantic miniseries next time. Let's meet again with a good work and a good role.  

This first link, is a page that has pictures for Seol In Ah.  You can read it in Korean or in English.  It has behind the scenes  BLWL pictures of Seol In Ah as Kim Cheong Ah. 

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27815876&memberNo=16286816

This next link, is a page that has pictures for Kim Jae Young. You can also read it in Korean or English. It has behind the scenes BLWL pictures of Kim Jae Young as Gu Jun Hwi.

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=27811528&memberNo=3247896

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 1:47 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Seol-Ah narration in the finale episode ~

Back and forth, rugged and bumpy. It may not seem like much, but that's my life.

Maybe I am the one who mistreated my life the most.

I tried hard to become someone, but couldn't.

I gave it all but nothing was accomplished.

Your life might be torn and broken into pieces. But if it's broken you can fix it.

It's your life anyway. Others don't even care about your live.

You lived the first chapter of life with the eyes of the world.

So why don't you live the second chapter with your own eyes?

You don't think it'd change anything?  You think your life would be meaningless forever?

Even if it can't be helped, even if it's meaningless, you can be happy in that life.

You may not be something, but you can be yourself for real.

The second chapter of your life doesn't have to be pretty or cool.

Go for small but certain happiness.

Not just clothes can be mended. Not just shoes can be reformed.

Your life can be mended too. Mend yourself. Fix and reuse your life.

Because you have enough time. I mean, people live to be 100 these days.

And at least for a minute each day, give happiness to your life.

Make today the first day. Start loving your life first before anyone else.

Love yourselves sincerely.

I thought it might have important message, so I typed it out from the English subs. Probably a lot of the nuances is lost in this translation, so if @stroppyse have some spare time, could you maybe please help translate? Time marking is at around 38:30.

It's actually a pretty good translation of the SA's VO. I've retranslated it anyway for my curiosity sake. The main difference is that with the lack of the usage of pronouns in the Korean language, I think the "your" and "my" may get a bit confusing for translation purposes, especially since SA references "me" and "my" to make it more personal, even if it's also a commentary for others to take heed. So, here it is with some additional comments from me. Also, paragraph breaks in my translation correlate to where the monologue has extended breaks for some of the scenes. Just realized it doesn't totally match up to the paragraph breaks that @ktcjdrama wrote up, but hope that's still okay.

Confused and haphazard, rough and bumpy, it may not seem like much, but it’s my life.
Perhaps, I’m the one who treated my life the most thoughtlessly.
No matter how fast I ran, not being able to get there; no matter how hard I tried, not being able to make anything happen; it was a life that was broken and torn into pieces.
If it is broken, it can just be fixed.
Anyway, it’s my life that I’m using.
It’s my life that others don’t even glance at.
Since I lived the first chapter of my life as if looking at it with the eyes of the world, for the second chapter, how about living my life looking at it with my own eyes? (me: This line basically is saying that the first time, she tried to live by standards that the world may have set, but she wants to live her second phase by her own standards and pleasing herself.)

So, no matter how much I might do that, it’ll be a life without anything to show for it?
Forever, it may be a life without any meaning to it?
Even if it can’t be seen, even if there’s nothing to show for it, I can still be happy.
Since even if I can’t be something, I can still be a real me. (me: meaning, even if she's not somebody important, successful, etc., she can still be herself)

It doesn’t have to be pretty, or even cool, this second chapter of my life.
Try finding those simple yet definite moments of happiness.
Are clothes the only things that can be mended?
Are shoes the only things that can be reformed?
Lives can be mended as well.
Let me mend it and use it.
Let me mend it and reuse it, my life
Since there is plenty of time remaining.
These are the days when people can live to be 100 years old.
Also, even if it’s only for 1 minute per day, I’ll try to give my life some happiness.
From today is Day 1. I’ll love my life more than myself.  (me: this last line means that she will love her own life and treat it preciously)

I will love myself sincerely.

This is actually a lovely voiceover, and I like that she personalizes it to talking about herself and her own lessons learned about her life and her values. The final line, especially, is a promise to herself to remember to love herself and to be true to herself.

• Love 7
  • Thanks 4

Instagram picture of Jo Yoon Hee- In spoiler

Spoiler

Jo Yoon Hee

Lee Tae Sun was interviewed about his role as Kang Si Wol and what he thought about working with Seol In Nah and Jo Woo Ri. I just translated it from Papago and I edited a little... especially the pronouns, etc.

Lee Tae-sun ,"Seol-in Ah , is an actor younger than me but someone that I can learn from" [EN: Interview 2]

Lee Tae-sun said he learned a lot from Seol In-ah.
Actor Lee Tae-sun, who starred in KBS 2TV's weekend drama "Love is Beautiful Life is Wonderful," delivered his thoughts on working with actors Seol In-ah and Jo Woo Ri, in an interview with Newsen, which took place at a cafe in Gangnam on March 26. Kang Si-wol, who was falsely accused of a hit-and-run crime in "Sapul In-pool," revealed the charm of a tough man, leaving a strong impression on the viewers.
Lee Tae-sun also formed a love triangle with Seol In-ah and Kim Jae-young.   Lee Tae-sun said he dialogued the most with Seol In-a, who he ran into the most.  Lee Tae-sun said, "Like what In-ah said, she is a pure friend.
In-ah is considerate and bright about the other person. It must have been really hard, but she didn't show it. I think she is younger than me but I have a lot to learn from her. She is considerate and good at acting. So I learned a lot, and thank you. She is cool," he said with his thumbs up.

Lee Tae-sun "Seol-in, an actor younger than me but with more things to learn" [EN: Interview 2]
Jo Woo-ri, who portrayed Moon Hae-rang, was later identified as a twin brother and sister. They had a special relationship. Lee Tae-sun said, "Jo Woo Ri is actually  a year older than me ,  so she is actually my Noona or big sister, so  it's cheesy. I was on "Gangnam Beauty" with my big sister or noona, so it was awkward but fun to have her call me big brother. I played a lot of pranks," he said with a smile.
Most of all, "Sapul Inpool" has become an excellent learning place for the still-new Lee Tae-sun, as it was a drama that had a large number of senior actors including Kim Mi-sook, Na Young-hee, Park Young-kyu, Park Hae-mi and Jung Won-joong. Lee Tae-sun, who learned a lot from them, said, "I thought it would be really uncomfortable at first, but it was so nice to be with all the seniors. They took good care of me and taught me a lot of acting. If you're a rookie, you'll have to try it at least once. There's something you learn next to you. I thought they would say, 'Just do it,' because you have experience . Everyone was very passionate. So I started to reflect on myself a lot, and I learned a lot from seeing it over my shoulder. It was a real family-like scene," he said, expressing his gratitude to his seniors.
Meanwhile, Lee Tae-sun,  made his debut in 2016 with SBS' "Tan-da-la," tvN's "Gangnam Beauty," tvN's "Wise Prison Life," tvN's "Hotel Del Luna," KBS 2TV's "Sapul In-pool" and SBS's entertainment show "Handsome Tigers," will take a break for the time being. (Photo = Tree Actors provided)

They had some really good actors/ actresses in this drama.  I feel bad for Yoon Park though. :blush:  Lee Tae Sun was good and maybe a good strategy to bring him in the 2nd half of the drama to keep the viewers attention.  (Although, I didn't like the love triangle.) But Lee Tae Sun shined even more than Yoon Park which is sad since he was even on the poster and everyone thought that he was one of the main characters.   Maybe I will avoid dramas by this particular writer.  I asked on the other thread but any good drama recommendations? 

In spoiler: Youtube clip of Cheong Ah's little sister, Kim Yeon Ah or actress Jo Yoo Jung.  She is giving a tour of the Kim Family home.  

Spoiler

A link for some behind the scene pictures of Kim Yeon Ah or Jo Yoo Jung.  You can have it translated in English as well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

6 hours ago, cococahpi said:

any good drama recommendations?

My favourite of all times (I'm not a seasoned k-drama watcher thou, so chances are you've already seen it:sweatingbullets:. Nevertheless, here goes:

Spoiler

"Just Between Lovers". I find the overall feels a bit similar to "BLWL" plus the main leads have insane chemistry as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@RufusThank you! I will check it out.  

Here are some fan made music videos of CA and JH.  

• Love 6

@cococahpi that house tour is cute. Thanks for sharing. Also, I second @Rufus's rec. I mentioned that drama in the other thread a few times. i havent had this big of a withdrawal since JBL. I think I may just rewatch it.

• Love 4

Does my otp get a happy ending :tears::wub:CA × JH? I see that the show has ended. All I wanted for them was pure happiness. 

Even though I didn't continue with the show or this thread, I was always rooting for the two because they were so cute & I love their relationship so much. Glad to see all the discussion happening. Everyone had fun!

• Love 6

9 hours ago, Rufus said:
15 hours ago, cococahpi said:

any good drama recommendations?

A kind of healing drama + marvelous pictures of nature!!!  - "Forest" with Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah. Short, with a criminal-fire tread, romantic.

• Love 4

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Does my otp get a happy ending :tears::wub:CA × JH? I see that the show has ended. All I wanted for them was pure happiness. 

@greenwatch08 yes, CA and JH have a happy ending.  CA was transferred to the countryside and JH seems to be with her on the weekends as during the week he has to come back to Seoul to work.  They are married though, although they didn't show a wedding .  It was sweet to see CA and JH in the countryside helping people.  The best part was JH is  planting potatoes.  :blush:  He is catching wild boars too but they don't show that part.  Then CA and JH are  lying down and JH is telling her how defeated he feels by the pigs and she says the magic words: I Love You to Jun Hwi. She gives him a little peck and then JH gives her a big passionate kiss!! 

The show ends with CA talking to Jun Gyeom and thanking him for telling her to live and then flower petals fall. 

@PeVe

Thank you for the recommendation!

• Love 4

Today is Friday. Supposedly preview day... :lol:

@cococahpi Thanks for all those nice stuff! I love the house tour! I wish they could do it for the other houses too!

I was trying out the new drama Find Me In Your Memory, and Jun Hwi's housekeeper is in there!! I could recognize her right away although I can't find the actress' name in BLWL wiki. She looks different too in her wiki page.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@cococahpi Thank you for uploading updates on BLWL's casts interviews. As much as I can't wait to see SIA and KJY's next project...I hope they both get as much rest as possible, just thinking how much they both as leads doing such a touch job to get consistently better at delivering their characters! For the veteran actors, they probably have developed good pacing to deliver their craft for a long drama while SIA is considered an upcoming star so as much as I was cheering for CA, I was also cheering for SIA to do well. As she said, CA's character background is very different hence making the character more complex. As for KJY, this guy was acting in another drama too while filming the start of BLWL so I'm really glad he could dig deep to portray JH's growth in ways that his character became one of the few kdrama male lead characters that's truly memorable. 

Anyway, I usually would go watch something totally opposite in order to move on nicely haha...so I'm going for action-packed Rugal when the time comes. But if I can suggest a few I find really memorable for me (also I'm not a kdrama addict, just very selective) that you can check out:

• Miss Hammurabi (2018) - based on a book written by a real judge. Drama script also written by the same judge so the cases and how they're delivered is excellent, showing the cases from the perspective of a judge. The leads are strong-willed and true to themselves which reminds me of CA and JH too. 
  • Chicago Typewriter (2017) - the drama is set in 1930s and present day. This one is like a masterpiece when I discovered it probably last year and was blown away by the acting of the leads especially Yoo Ah-In, the cinematography, the plot, the costumes, the settings, the characters's relationships. All tied in with the Japanese occupation so this is historical kdrama done well. (Bridal Mask (2012) was pretty good too; also with Japanese occupation plot) 
  • 3 days (2014) - my official first kdrama I ever watched. This one got me guessing what will happen throughout leading me to present day of watching selected kdrama, also it got me fearing for the main lead's life and above all, I find the main lead and the female lead to have a good strong character and worked well together. The main lead is a president's guard while the female lead is a police officer (like CA). 

Hope my recommendation isn't too much but have something to your liking. :)

• Love 3

@cococahpi

Thank you so much. Wow, that's the cutest thing ever lol. JH turned country bumpkin. Cute! :wub::rolleyes::w00t: I love them so much I'm glad they got a happy ending they most definitely deserve! I honestly wished the show was a regular 16 or 24 ep show about CA x JH only lol.

SA & her shenanigans with JW & TR was just too overbearing to continue the show lol. Even the parents were too much lol. I could not stand them.

• Love 5

Your welcome @greenwatch08!  I know I usually skipped SA, JW and TR scenes. =)  

Here is a clip where Jun Hwi is planting potatoes.  :blush:  I know I wish that CA and JH were in a shorter episode drama too and if it was just about them, that would be wonderful!! :blush:

@ende  I will check them out.  Thank you for the recommendations. Yes, I agree, I am sure that it took a lot out of them, both KJY and SIA.   And especially KJY since he also had worked on Secret Boutique.  And SIA since this is her first time as a lead and in such a long drama.  So much pressure for someone so young.  She did a great job.  She was perfect for the role of Kim Cheong Ah and portrayed her so well. And KJY did great as Gu Jun Hwi!  I loved all the actors and actresses of this drama.  This is my first time knowing most of all their names. :grin:  Since I only watch  K-dramas sporadically, I never really bothered to learn the names of the cast.... or if I learned it, I would soon forget once the drama finished.  I will definitely remember everyone from this drama. :blush:

@watzdiz- I will have to check out the drama that you are watching.  I love the housekeeper.  Maybe that is why she wasn't in too many more episodes of BLWL?  I loved her accent. 

Here is a fan made video of the thank you messages from Kim Jae Young , Seol In Ah, Lee Tae Sun and Jo Yoon Hee.

Hope you are all staying safe!!  It feels weird to not be waiting to watch BLWL. :blush: 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Still having a withdrawal after watching the ending. A good ending with a nice tidying up for everyone.

With JW showing his regrets, repentance & efforts, its only fair he wins SA’s heart again, and she in returns made an effort to work it out living with his immature mother. 

Judge Hong tried to make things right back for what she owes SW, even when it puts her career to the end. But the hardest punishment for her is when she finds out her son choose to die in order to end his guilt & his mother’s wrong doings.

HR finally gets it to her head, that JW never had true feelings for her. From the start she knows abt his feelings for SA but she’s willing to jump into relationship with him because she’s confident she can win his heart. But she was dumped big time even when there’s  no SA in JW’s life. And also she finally see the suffering of being bullied. So its good enough that she gets back to her family.

CA & JG has a cute  ending too. Who would have guessed CA being transferred to the small town would expedite their marriage, since they have to be a weekend couple. LoL. If there’s anything to improve on their ending is I wish they would have a scene of both cousins  as in laws with the Kim sisters together with their whole family. I would be hilarious. But I still like the way it ends.

For those who still craving to watch more of SIA, I would recommend Sunny Again Tomorrow. This is when I become a fan of SIA 

Spoiler

And for anyone who haven’t watch YJH in The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor, should check it out. She acted alongside LDG who eventually becomes her real life husband. 

Spoiler

Both are great dramas 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

KBS World's video.  

I have withdrawals still too of BLWL and Cheong Ah and Jun Hwi!!! 

@wildcherry 

16 hours ago, wildcherry said:

If there’s anything to improve on their ending is I wish they would have a scene of both cousins  as in laws with the Kim sisters together with their whole family. I would be hilarious. But I still like the way it ends.

That would have been fun to see!  Especially since it would have been nice to see Cheong Ah's dad's reaction to them being related. =)  

I saw the drama that Jo Yoon Hee was in but I've never seen Seol In Ah in SIA.  I will have to check it out.  @wildcherry

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Jo Yoon Hee’s character in the Tailor Shop weekend drama made me shed a lot of tears. She was an orphan so even though she used to be close to the male lead’s mother, as soon as he fell for her the mother turned against Jo Yoon Hee’s character. The same overused trope repeats itself in weekend drama with the terrible MIL. 

@cococahpi @wildcherry indeed it would have been nice to see the two sisters and their husbands with the Kim family...particularly the dad. At least it was nice to see them helping out at dad’s new restaurant although Jun Hwi wasn’t there.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

@celebrianna @cococahpi @wildcherry I think if we put JH in the mix, helping out in the restaurant...that'll be so fun! Just put the two cousins together and it'll be a recipe for all sorts of comedy. And put SW helping out in TR's restaurant to give TR more fun too in his working environment. (Yeah I miss these casts already...)

On 3/30/2020 at 3:14 PM, wildcherry said:

For those who still craving to watch more of SIA, I would recommend Sunny Again Tomorrow. This is when I become a fan of SIA 

Same for me and I would also recommend to watch her in Special Labor Inspector Jo. 

As for KJY, I like him in Black, that's where I first discover his work. What caught my attention is because he has a dual role/two perspectives to play his character even though it's considered a small role. And overall Black is an interesting drama, even touches a bit on the Sampoong Deparment Store collapse in SK back in 1995 but mentioned it as Mujin Mall disaster in the drama. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Glad some of yall are keeping this thread alive. I can't remember who started these topics. Sorry I have been speed reading cos life! I think I'm ready to give some post-show thoughts.... sort of. 

Favorite scenes... ok i dunno if yall meant OTP scenes or not so here are my OTP scenes: 

- everything from the ep when CA and JH ran into each other investigating BR's case. 

- when CA and JH remembered each other. how can we forget that hand grab? 

- when CA and JH met again after Spain. 

- book cafe date 

- the breakup scene (the real one, in the car). so heart breaking and they are so good in it. 

- JH encouraging CA to face her colleagues at the restaurant . 

- JH grabbing CA's hands and she did the same before JH said his I love you. 

- the charnel house scene

- JH's third proposal

Favorite scenes of other characters:

- pretty much all of JW and JH's scenes with just the two of them. 

- Every time JH handles his aunt

- each time when TR and JW were flirting with each other

- anytime anyone makes XX throws a fit 

I am also unsure of what Judge's punishment was. Just losing her reputation? The ultimate disgrace for her? Whatever, by the end, I really didn't care anymore. I just wanted all JH/CA scenes. 

To be honest, the ending of this show (last 2 eps) was a rush. I reallllly don't care about HR but I guess she owed CA and us an apology still. But I would love it if they ended it there. I don't need to see the Moon family welcoming her back. I still feel bad that SW is related to her! So are we assuming SW's name got cleared and no longer has the criminal label? Of all the people on this show, he deserves happiness the most, I say this as a CA/JH stan. 

Last but definitely not least, hope everyone has a BR in your lives. What a great friend! 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

On 3/30/2020 at 6:52 PM, celebrianna said:

Jo Yoon Hee’s character in the Tailor Shop weekend drama made me shed a lot of tears.

That was a sweet drama.  I was rooting for Jo Yoon Hee but my other favorite characters was the wife with the chicken restaurant and her husband and the musician.  They were so funny! 

14 hours ago, ende said:

I think if we put JH in the mix, helping out in the restaurant...that'll be so fun! Just put the two cousins together and it'll be a recipe for all sorts of comedy. And put SW helping out in TR's restaurant to give TR more fun too in his working environment. (Yeah I miss these casts already...)

@celebrianna @ende  Yes, that would have been fun to have Jun Hwi helping out in the restaurant too.  I wish we could have had 1 more episode to see more of the interaction between the dad, jun hwi and jin woo.  :blush:  And I always wanted to see SW helping out at TR's restaurant too!!  

I've grown to love this cast and miss them too!!! 

14 hours ago, ende said:

Same for me and I would also recommend to watch her in Special Labor Inspector Jo. 

As for KJY, I like him in Black, that's where I first discover his work. What caught my attention is because he has a dual role/two perspectives to play his character even though it's considered a small role.

I saw only a few scenes here and there of Special Labor Inspector Jo and I thought it was really fun.  I never got to finish it but I think I will check it out again. I remember the episode where SIA is in it but I didn't realize that she was SIA.  She looks so different. 

I just saw Money and Derailed as I wanted to see KJY in other roles.  But I will check out Black too.  I am currently trying to watch Secret Boutique as well.  But with Black, since he has a minor role do you remember around what episodes he may show up.  I'm a little scared that the drama has a  grim reaper. :grimace::blush:   @ende

1 hour ago, lalalaelala said:

I am also unsure of what Judge's punishment was. Just losing her reputation? The ultimate disgrace for her? Whatever, by the end, I really didn't care anymore. I just wanted all JH/CA scenes. 

i don't think they ever made it clear.... what the judge's punishment was and even if SW's name got cleared or not.   And all the scenes you mentioned, I loved too!!!  

And Baek Rim- He is the best.  He's actually a really good singer in real life.  I will include some posts of his singing. :blush:

Hope everyone is staying safe!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

@lalalaelala, personally I wanted the judge to serve time but once they mentioned that the statutes of limitations had expired, I pretty much knew she would not be punished except that she lost her chance to be Chief Justice and she lost her position as judge. Although I liked her in the first half of the show, I think I reached my limit when she actually called CA a hypocrite. It was like the pot calling the kettle black. Anyway, for JH’s sake, I guess I’m okay with him finally getting past this scandal. 

@cococahpi, regarding the Tailor Shop drama, I did like the fried chicken couple as well. About Jo Yoon Hee, although I like the actress for some reason I don’t really like her accent/diction. :sweatingbullets: KJY was also in 100 Days My Prince. I didn’t realize it was him until I started watching Secret Boutique. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3