[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

Yes, loving all the endings and crying too in certain parts.  I'm going to miss this "weekender couple".. It's not easy but they'll be able to manage it :wub:

(credit to the owner)

plus I'm not going to believe the Poster anymore till the end. :glasses:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. BLWL has finally ended. I'm quite happy with how it wrapped up. We got "I love you" from CA to JH, she kissed him first and they had a good, long kiss. I won't complain much :D

The scene when CA was in JH's room:

Yeah, I had some dirty thoughts :naughty:

For someone who had twice expected JH to kiss her, CA should not be scared of his advances!

I don't remember JH having CA's photo, haha

I thought JH was gonna bring this up: Hey I found this worry doll you gave me when I was packing for London...

A few random thoughts (bear with me, thank you!):

I like JH when he's flustered, angry and jealous!

I love the "we're friends" scene - it's like Yoon Park and Oh Min Suk are being themselves! (I didn't have a good impression of OMS in his past dramas; he's often a jerk, but in here he's really likable)

CA-JH couple is one of the best in Kdramaland! I hope some time, some where, we can have a cameo from both of them as a couple in some other dramas.

It's been wonderful being in this forum! I learnt a lot of stuff too! Special thanks to @triplem for the live recaps, @stroppyse for the translation, @Ameera Ali for the entertaining gifs. Thanks so much to everyone else! Thanks for sharing news, pics, vids, OSTs, IG updates, answering my questions and reacting to my posts! (I feel like I'm giving an acceptance speech, lol)

Seol-Ah narration in the finale episode ~

Back and forth, rugged and bumpy. It may not seem like much, but that's my life.

Maybe I am the one who mistreated my life the most.

I tried hard to become someone, but couldn't.

I gave it all but nothing was accomplished.

Your life might be torn and broken into pieces. But if it's broken you can fix it.

It's your life anyway. Others don't even care about your live.

You lived the first chapter of life with the eyes of the world.

So why don't you live the second chapter with your own eyes?

You don't think it'd change anything?  You think your life would be meaningless forever?

Even if it can't be helped, even if it's meaningless, you can be happy in that life.

You may not be something, but you can be yourself for real.

The second chapter of your life doesn't have to be pretty or cool.

Go for small but certain happiness.

Not just clothes can be mended. Not just shoes can be reformed.

Your life can be mended too. Mend yourself. Fix and reuse your life.

Because you have enough time. I mean, people live to be 100 these days.

And at least for a minute each day, give happiness to your life.

Make today the first day. Start loving your life first before anyone else.

Love yourselves sincerely.

I thought it might have important message, so I typed it out from the English subs. Probably a lot of the nuances is lost in this translation, so if @stroppyse have some spare time, could you maybe please help translate? Time marking is at around 38:30.

21 hours ago, triplem said:

Wahh massive withdrawals already setting in

see the pics ...some hv BTS with CA

Oh yeah, withdrawal symptoms kicking in already :joy:

I enjoy that IG post of JH-CA BTS! It's like some sort of quiz too... I was trying to recall the episode, scene and lines even!

I really enjoy the earlier episodes very much, around up to their freezing first date coz it was mostly about just the two of them (no family intervention yet). And I still find that scene where JH re-grabbed CA's hand for a prolonged handshake and their first time handholding heart fluttering, even more so than the kisses!

What's your favorite scene(s) / lines, my dear friends? :D

6 minutes ago, watzdiz said:

really enjoy the earlier episodes very much, around up to their freezing first date coz it was mostly about just the two of them (no family intervention yet). And I still find that scene where JH re-grabbed CA's hand for a prolonged handshake and their first time handholding heart fluttering, even more so than the kiss

That was also my favourite scene. I even have a gif for it :joy: . I was crying rewatching the last  eps with subs  .  In the end despite me cursing the writer here & there , I am Glad she gave us this OTP

1 hour ago, watzdiz said:

I miss old episodes when JH was a clueless tsundere, and how CA always got him with her spunky, straightforward act.

This would be my fave fluttering moments

Geez, am gonna miss them both! 

6 hours ago, watzdiz said:

thought JH was gonna bring this up: Hey I found this worry doll you gave me when I was packing for London...

Was disappointed the worry doll never came into the final.  I feel the writer went so off base since she quoted Anne Shirley so often in the beginning it would seem more sufficient to at least sign it off with a mention of Anne Shirley.

8 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

plus I'm not going to believe the Poster anymore till the end. :glasses:

:joy:  so so true

It was a nice wrap up ending of the drama though I felt there had been too much crying and dread when OTP broke up then when they reconciled.  

now I have no weekend drama and will definitely sleep in now... :P

For all of us ...SIA agency made my day with releasing some of their BTS

KJY was really shy  in the video above :joy:

Full video on SIA’s agency IG 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, vienvien said:

Can anyone tell me whether papa Moon is awared that the daughter had an affair with a married man. Thank you.

Now that you mentioned it, I don't think he ever found out about the affair...

SIA personally thanked two people in her hand written letter - her on screen mother , Kim Mi Sook & handsome  :P:D  . Eh handsome‘s thank you so generic . What ? :joy: ..... oppa , the girl is practically pouring her heart  here , lol!  Think about it, she’s always the one to give us their  BTS photos  . 

Final Analysis

First of all, sorry I didn't participate much in this thread. Too many personal issues going on during this dramas run to devote as much time as I wanted to this thread. However, I did at least come and peak in once a week or so to see where everyone's thoughts were. I have some final ones:

Great cast and great acting. I think this was Seol In-Ah's breakout performance. I really enjoyed her performance as CA. I said earlier in the thread, only one other acts has made me fall head over heels for their character. I think Seol In-Ah was the second one. She made me want to just scoop CA up and put her in my pocket and love and cherish her. :thumbsup:

I think XX's character could have been written better or maybe it was the actresses performance. I just had a hard time watching a noona act like a 3 year old every week. It got annoying.

Also, I think the story could have been better. I think it got choppy at times. The writer appeared to start down a path and then cut it off. Overall, not a bad drama to spend a couple of hours each weekend with.  Till the next one. Adios.

Thank you @triplem for sharing those bts and thank you statements by our OTP Kim Jae Young and Seol In Ah.:wub:

Seol In Ah is such a joy to watch!:D

Focused onscreen and bubbly off camera. Endless energy even helping the production crew.:lol:

Kim Jae Young is pretty shy/reserved and with Seol In Ah, she will make a nice partner.

Opposite poles attract and they do compliment each other.;)

Alright enough of delulu!:lol:

31 minutes ago, triplem said:

SIA personally thanked two people in her hand written letter - her on screen mother , Kim Mi Sook & handsome  :P:D  . Eh handsome‘s thank you so generic . What ?

..there are a lot of "mirror' scenes and dialogues during the dull drama so - these speeches one are opposite to KBS Awards - -don't you think? ;)

Thnk you for the BTS :)

@YongZura⁷ Thanks for sharing this! I love that SIA shared her farewell through a letter, fitting to how she likes writing her goals, as shown on Happy Together episode that the incomplete casts made an appearance to promote the drama. One of her goals were to act in a weekend drama so BLWL fits that goal. Now I wish the complete main casts will be on a show together again especially because KJY couldn't join them at the time. 

6 hours ago, watzdiz said:

(I feel like I'm giving an acceptance speech, lol)

LOL. I had this thought since the beginning of the day, after watching the last episode...like how do I say my "farewell" to all of you at this board! Too many things and people to thank for...too many thoughts to say...perhaps equally sounding as long as the drama's length. 

With that, I hope I can give my "farewell" to this drama and the board the best way I can. I know I probably will miss a few points here and there because BLWL has given all of us a lot to think about, thank about, laugh about and definitely cry about. Even KJY and SIA weren't spared for the last episode, for their last stretch of work. As casts and crew celebrated, I'm glad they all ended the filming in good spirits and health despite the long journey and challenges. 

Like some of you, I have never been active in discussing for a drama so I'm really thankful that we're all encouraging each other here to share thoughts, ideas and appreciate the translations and creative exploration for the drama throughout the months. (I didn't even count!) 

@triplem @stroppyse @Ameera Ali @sal2 @cococahpi @Roomay_ht @tiMadam @watzdiz @ck1Oz @Rufus @ktcjdrama

Even to those I failed to mention, hope to see all of you again some time...I'm taking a break from long-length kdrama for sure. I'll probably will rewatch BLWL and mainly for an uninterrupted journey of CA & JH featuring his funny cousin JW. Haha. If I do pop up at Soompi forum, it's probably for the upcoming Rugal. Need some action drama next to move on nicely for me.  

Here's some of BLWL scenes/moments I thought about: 

• Wedding OST: Destiny by NIA. Truly fitting of CA & JH's beginning and ending. Let's pretend the drama poster with all the casts, is their wedding scene. 
  • Breakthrough scene: When CA tried saving JG, seeing the reality that hits her hard. This scene, this heavy topic, their decision were the compelling reasons I was sure I will see this through.
  • Worst scene: SA berate her family and specifically CA for ruining her chance to get married to a rich guy then the dad told CA to leave the house, her mum leaving and being quiet about it. This scene being so early in the drama and being so sick to me gotta hit your gut if you're human. 
  • Dating scene: CA & JH at the comic bookstore cafe. Them being funny...in a comic backdrop. Also, I don't even need a date to be there, I just love that place's setup. So fun! (we all know they have the best series of date scenes)
  • Best bedroom: JH's for sure. I love his neat shelving and storage. And he has a mystery door leading to whatever you want it to be. 
  • Worst bedroom: HR's. That step is a hazard. Each time anyone enters that room, I'm looking at their feet. Is that supposed to be her stage to rehearse her evil ideas? 
  • Best guy still: BR! He may not have much scenes as the drama progressed but he was important from the beginning. If he wasn't written to ask CA to cover him for that job, she may not meet JH at the right moment. Let's not forget he literally helped JH to look at CA closely to see her beauty. The rest is history isn't it. 
  • Scenes I wish there were: BR - CA - JH hanging out together. 
  • Scenes I'm glad there wasn't: HR - CA - SW hanging out together. 
  • Best parents: In the near future, CA and JH. 

About the ending:

• I may have miss something. What punishment did the judge actually received?  
  • That scene of Siwol reading English...for a moment I imagined he was the one who'd someday write about these people he met and called his story BLWL and in a way we were all watching his drama. Of course, writer did a nice touch to have a character saying the title when many were debating why on earth is this drama named so. 
  • I didn't expect much, did feel a bit rush to me too but I'm actually ok with it still because as main leads who carried the story along, CA and JH's ending is fitting for them, being funny and loving at the same time.

Lastly, I love the growth of CA and JH, to me above all, they were the pillar for everyone around them to change, for they themselves had to face their fears to see a change. IRL, it is going to be difficult but I would like to think we all might have such a person for each of us for moments we face difficulties. Be it your sibling, cousin, friend, colleague or even stranger. We're never truly alone. I had someone who's already in her 60s and she had to change jobs, she was having a harder time to adjust to it so I ensure she knows I'm cheering for her. I hope that ease her day today. I think that's what beautiful about love and life.

uVFJfLz.png

BfuExfV.png

CA's growth from Episode 4 and her on Episode 50 :)

yM7cXnC.png

C6v1x8P.png

JH's growth from Episode 4 and him on Episode 50 :D

8 hours ago, watzdiz said:

(...)

I really enjoy the earlier episodes very much, around up to their freezing first date coz it was mostly about just the two of them (no family intervention yet). And I still find that scene where JH re-grabbed CA's hand for a prolonged handshake and their first time handholding heart fluttering, even more so than the kisses!

6 hours ago, Roomay_ht said:

I miss old episodes when JH was a clueless tsundere, and how CA always got him with her spunky, straightforward act.

(...)

Geez, am gonna miss them both! 

I agree, CA-JH interactions at the beginning - before all the drama started - were very fun to watch. The scene where JH returns CA's book, and they both realise / confirm they'd met 9 years prior, was really nice (those long close ups on their eyes...).

I also loved the scene where CA goes to BR's accident's site, wanting to help but having no idea how, while quoting Anne of Green Gables ("I walked until I reached the corner of the street. I don't know what's around the corner, but I want to believe that the best thing..."), and she sees - of course - JH.

The smile JH needs to turn into a frown to greet CA after waiting for her for (6? 7?) hours when they reconnected after his year in Spain. All other smiles he tried to hide from her at the beginning, all his right eye tics whenever he was annoyed (I wonder, was that JH, or was that KJY?...) - I have way too many favourite moments to list them all:joy:

6 hours ago, mizv said:

I feel the writer went so off base since she quoted Anne Shirley so often in the beginning it would seem more sufficient to at least sign it off with a mention of Anne Shirley.

For ex. instead of the wild boar in the last dialogue?...;)

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Now that you mentioned it, I don't think he ever found out about the affair...

My guess: they either ran out of time to address that, or - having (possibly) changed TR-SA plot line along the way, and thus giving TR less screen time / importance, there was no more need to dig deeper into the issues that prevent him from being together with SA, including his sister's misdeeds. Or maybe they wanted to divert the viewers' attention from that part in order to somehow make HR's redemption possible at the end.

17 hours ago, Rufus said:

What's your favorite scene(s) / lines, my dear friends?

- a good question!

I was concentrated on the art of acting, pictures(=cameramen), the script but not the scenes till the end:)

All scenes with:

- KJY who shows different shadows of JH's  character = the wide range of mimic, move, voice etc. - BRAVO KJY!

- OMS's acting with his second ... revelation - -comism! Bravo OMS!

- SIA with her growing up since the teenager to adult - it is a challenge for the young actress - BRAVO SIA!

- XX = Park Hae Mi with her ADHD acting, almost playing against her personality! BRAVO PHM!

Other actresses and actors created the solid background. Also BRAVO  to all of you!

Scenes

scenography:

- the background:

- the Seoul by night and CA JH walking along the wall in the Naksan park

- the view on the Han river ( + tuna :) ), the dialogue after second kissing scene

- the charming rural. last scenes

- the night meeting with a dropped scarf - CA waited for JH in a pub? but finally it finished in the dark street

pictures - BRAVA Cameramen!:

- all frames yin/yang :) - CA/JH and SA/JU - the frames were really good arranged

Stay healthy dear forum readers and BLWL crazy fans :heart:

P.S.

-

17 hours ago, Rufus said:
19 hours ago, mizv said:

I feel the writer went so off base since she quoted Anne Shirley so often in the beginning it would seem more sufficient to at least sign it off with a mention of Anne Shirley.

For ex. instead of the wild boar in the last dialogue?

..or which volume of Anne Shirley ?:)

It was nice even if I regret not having seen at least one photo of the two wedding dresses, however the ring does not seem to me that of the proposal but the one he had put in the car ... thanks to all the company was nice.
Take care of yourself in these hard times

Ahhhh.... the first week after the drama finishes is so hard. :grin:  But I appreciate that this forum is here to share with others who have enjoyed the drama as well. 

First I wanted to share about what I thought about the final episode. 

Funny scenes: 

1.) Jin Woo telling his mom that he wanted to be a monk and then how he sprinkled water on his mom and said a blessing over her. 

2.) When the sports marketing team finally found out that Jun Hwi is royalty and the largest shareholder. 

3.) Jun Hwi planting potatoes and getting reprimanded by the grandmothers.  

Touching/ heartwarming scenes:

1.) When Hae Rang finally apologized after seeing for herself the actions of those bullying girls and what they did to Song Yi. 

2.) Papa Mun saying that he would adopt Si Wol and Si Wol interacting with his new family.

3.) Seol Ah finally saying I Love You to Jin Woo. 

4.) Jun Hwi standing by his mom's side and telling the reporters that he is her son and Jun Gyeom's brother.  Jun Hwi isn't afraid of criticism from the public. 

5.) Cheong Ah's mom and Jun Hwi/ Jun Gyeom's mom apologizing to each other and finally coming to an understanding of each other.  They both lied to "protect their kids" ... but their lies led to so much heartache. 

6.) Jun Hwi's mom asking Cheong Ah's mom to accept her son and Cheong Ah's mom saying thank you for such a good son, (Jun Hwi.)

7.) When Cheong Ah is sitting outside and is telling Jun Gyeom how happy she is and saying thank you to him for telling her to live and the flower petals that rained down.

8.) Seol Ah's narration 

Cute/ Funny scenes:

1.) The grandmother getting on Cheong Ah's bike telling her that there is a big fight.

2.) The fight between the residents about the card game. 

3.) The man who came to ask where Cheong Ah's husband was and she said that he was planting potatoes. :D

4.) Jun Hwi getting in trouble with the grandmothers for being so frustratingly slow. :blush:

5.) Jun Hwi responding to Cheong Ah when she said that the wild boar is wreaking havoc . And he says, "Again?" (So I guess it happened before.) 

6.) Jun Hwi telling Cheong Ah how he is scared of pigs now and that he can't eat pork .  And telling her how he always feels so defeated by the pigs and seems so down because of his lack of capability and she responds to him in the same way that he responded to her in the dojo.  She finally says the magic words: I LOVE YOU!!

7.) Their Kiss!! They had a peaceful and happy look before their smooch!! :blush:

@watzdiz @Rufus I am not sure who asked but I think the question was asked about our favorite scenes.

I have too many.  I think I love all the scenes with Cheong Ah and Jun Hwi...some have been mentioned and here are some other ones but there are more. =)

A.) The art museum where Jun Hwi was just looking at Cheong Ah. 

B.) When Cheong Ah told Jun Hwi how she was bitten and how JH said that he wanted to see but she told him that it was on her buttocks. :grin:

C.) Jun Hwi buying a car so that Cheong Ah wouldn't be cold. 

D.) When Cheong Ah flipped Jun Hwi over at the hospital.  :blush:

Thank you @ktcjdrama for writing out the words that Seol Ah said.  When I was listening to it and then how KSW was reading the words: Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, I wondered if the final words that Seol Ah gave was kind of the main point of the drama. 

She said that in the 2nd chapter of your life to live not with the world's eyes... how your life can be mended ... to make today the first day... to love your life sincerely.  ( I think Jun Hwi had also told Cheong ah to cherish herself, right?) 

These words are so true.  I don't think anyone's life is perfect.  We have all made mistakes and we all have regrets.  Sometimes our mistakes seem so great that we don't think that anything can change, whether it's ourselves or the situation,  and sometimes we stay in that state of disappointment and regret.  But then as time passes, we have seen how those "mistakes" and "poor choices/ decisions" in our lives,  have helped us to grow and be better people... and even the world around us looks a little bit brighter too.  Then we start to be more grateful and more thankful. And we start to see things in a more lovely and wonderful way.  (Just thinking about my own journey in life) :grin:  

I know that the writer has frustrated many people ... those who were rooting for Tae Rang...those who wondered how Seol Ah could choose Jin Woo over Tae Rang...  I can understand it.  Every time, the writer seemed to be messing with CA and JH, I was not too happy!! But now that I think about it... I think the main focus wasn't on these couples and who would end up with whom.  I think the main purpose was to give a deeper message about life.  I think I remember Kim Jae Young or the director  in the interviews before the drama saying it was a different kind of drama one that was more about healing. 

I hope that the drama  Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life  will have given a lot of encouragement and hope to people.  

Archived