[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

Looks like Inter Market staff do not know who the major shareholder is. I'm just curious that if IM is a public company, names of shareholders shouldn't be kept confidential. Isn't it so in South Korea? In some other dramas, the identity of the major shareholder is always kept a secret and even top management are not privy to this information.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Halo21 said:

It would be sad if this drama end up supporting such selfish men disowning their mothers for their own personal benefit.

I don't think Jin Woo or Jun Hwi would do that.  Even Jun Hwi said that he would stick by his mom no matter what and even Jin Woo said that as well.  In Korean culture, we have to honor our elders and so I think that would be reflected in korean dramas as well.  Even if children fight with parents, I don't think I have ever seen a korean drama where the adult child will completely break off ties with his parents over a relationship.  Parents usually come first... it's too honor them.  If anything, the parents will eventually give in to their kids. Or if the parents really don't approve of the adult child's relationship, then it would be the parents who would probably cut ties. I think if anything through SA's example, the drama has shown that it isn't good to throw away ones family... as SA eventually realized.  @Halo21

7 hours ago, ende said:

I started watching BLWL with the intention to see more of SIA and KJY's work, them together is a bonus. Never did I think as I follow through the drama, some matters do relate for me too in my own life

I never even knew who these two actors were before but now I am a fan. :blush:  I am so surprised as well to find a drama like this that has made me think so much about different life topics but glad to have found a good drama like this that has made an impact on me and I am also glad to have find a forum like this to read and see others viewpoints and insights.  :grin:  @ende

5 hours ago, monalisa said:

In some other dramas, the identity of the major shareholder is always kept a secret and even top management are not privy to this information.

Really, I didn't know that.  But maybe that is true since it didn't seem like anyone knew who Jun Hwi was when he walked into the meeting. His sports marketing team is going to be sooo surprised. :blush: But I think Baek Rim is catching on.  I am surprised he hasn't reached out to Cheong Ah to ask who Jun Hwi is. :grin: . @monalisa

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The most emotional scenes, however, were actually the scenes where CA goes to the Judge and talks about JG, and then when the Judge vsits the columbarium and realizes how deeply affected JG had been, enough to take his own life over it.

This and everything else from your post. I share the same sentiments but you articulated it better than I ever could. :relaxed:

================================

It's been weeks since I'm actually impatient for preview! Is Judge gonna turn herself in? What's her plan? 

But before anything, she better apologize to CA first for being an unreasonable heinous witch to CA, or else I'm gonna rage! 

Sad to see a sad JW. Like other mentioned he have gone true big character growth and really feel remorse for his past action.. He clearly loved feeling family bond with SA family that he miss with his own mom :tears:  

Both cousins have matured true out this drama and become awesome men. I am glad they have each other in the family to relay on. Now time for JW to have his own happiness even if it not with SA. I guess the best he can do is finding peace with himself. 

fkLYMBk.png

Why Leads Need Each Other:

CA needs JH:;)                                                                  

-to fall in love three times

-to be dumped five times

-to rescue Rim

-to rescue KSW

-to make him a person/human

- to treat JH as a charming, lovely puppy

JH needs CA::D

- to be happy with HIS beloved CA protecting her till the end of his last breath.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone had written before -"CA is too sainty". :innocent:

There are  lots of "sainty CAs" on the world and they don't need to be changed, they only need THEIR "loving JHs".

To all "CAs" - never give up - you see, thanks to BLWL, there are possible "JHs"!:wub:

Oooooohhh.... what happened? I was busy trying to concentrate on work. And totally forgotten about Sunday's episodes. The conoravirus has been so hot and happening that I open up Reuters these days first before soompi. 

Weekend dramas are the absolute hotbeds for the 6 degrees of separation thing. Seoul is so big. Yet not big enough apparently. I used to think it was so big that coincidences can't happen. But sometimes it does as everyone seems to know everyone?

92 episodes? It took 92 episodes to end JW. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaassahhhhhhh. Sob, son, sob. All jokes aside it has been a pleasure to watch OMS for so many episodes. I had such fond memories of the TL in Misaeng. We won't know when we will watch him again.

Since I still don't genuinely care about SA I am sad for JW but still haven't worked out my feelings for her. How are we going to resolve TR now?

CA? Sometimes it is good to be just a nice girl. Or rather a nice person. I remember watching that nice drama where it didn't have angst etc etc. The social experiment failed didn't it? The ratings wasn't great. So CA could have been bitchier, more self centred, failed at work, be in debt, be the clueless academically bad female lead. But we have someone who was bullied, was suicidal and quit school who turned around and actually passed her civil exams, got a job and is gainfully employed. Who is actually good at her job. And is not excessively stupid like some female leads are written as. Managed to get her chaebol boyfriend as Kdrama leads do but doesn't have the makeover scene, was actually not too bad during the break up period. And conducted herself with dignity during the public exposure period. Plus the writer even wrote enough to make her character be kind and win awards. 

Come on man? I am older and I am not even sure I am that well liked at work. Not sure if I am or could be that determined. And definitely not as patient as CA. I would have doinked JH if he broke up with me on my birthday. And if I speculate- this is not me- could be vindictive online as I have seen some younger people do.

One has to appreciate just recognising a nice person. Ok a nice character on screen. More noise, more flash, more bItchiness does not = better writing.

Maybe the new to soompi viewer just needs a list of all the " interesting " characters on Kdramas. Interesting Kdramas female leads usually means tears, cancer, death, incurable disease and oh so often dementia and Alzheimer's, being slapped, being in debt, unemployed, divorce is used quite a bit and in laws abuse, being abandoned, being backstabbed, being slapped, have super long time jumps where male leads NEVER contact them,  school drop out, multiple part time jobs, nose bleeds, liver transplant or being a liver donor, be publicly humiliated and good golly oops.... is that interesting?

You guys on the thread normally knows I am just taking a richard simmons out of all of this don't you? Since a boring female lead doesn't get the swirling 360 camera panning for the kisses. Or the time jump. Or the wrist grab. Or the lame kisses. Or the sweet talk.

Of course Cheong Ah is not boring. Don't you all love a woman who can stand up for herself and conduct herself with dignity? Look at her father as a shining example. I am happy CA hasn't been written as doing something that betrays her fundamental principles or beliefs. Or has a set of values and morals. 

That's my contribution for this week. Real life idiocy calls me this week so see you on Sunday mornings again.

Lolol. Boring? Hahahaha. I have seen " Interesting" and " lively " heroines before. Half the time it involves a screeching, screaming, childish behaviors female. Thank goodness CA is not like that. I don't have to feel embarrassed liking her character. Meeting a nice person in a Kdrama- notice not a walkover passive like TR- is rare both in a drama and real life. And I mean nice. Not a saint. I don't do saintly smug do gooders well.

Quick comment after watching that episode. One of the best episodes I've seen so far. CA with the judge made me bawl. Such life truths there.

Then even the sad JW scenes made sense. At least I am now satisfied that SA felt something yet it is logical she won't come back because of the mother.

But the last scene, then the lyrics of the songs makes sense. Did you all notice whose faces during the ending scene? Did the PD show it purposely? That is why I say Korean drama song lyrics always tells a story. That really hit home about living with scars.

Ok. Gotta go. Super busy work day ahead. My eyes are all clear now. All the tearing washed out my sleepiness. Lol.

So here's the deal...

JW had to get hurt in order to change what needed to be changed the most. Yes, we have all noticed how HE has become a better person, less arrogant, more compassionate, more loving, etc. But the biggest dysfunction in his life is his mother. The fact that XX was notorious for emotionally abusing employees is unacceptable. People dealt with and tolerated her behavior because she was the boss, but her behavior and the way that she abuses people, even those she claims to like (HR) is just deplorable. This is the one area that JW just flat out ignored. When his mother kicked SA out and made her divorce him while he was in the coma, he did nothing about it, but whine. 

When his mother relentlessly pushed HR on him and even went as far as moving the girl in their house and into his bedroom. He did nothing. He just left. As much as it pained me to see SA say goodbye to him, despite the fact that she clearly has developed feelings for him, I couldn't be totally upset with her. A LOT of her suffering came at the hands of his mother who felt no remorse at abusing her day in and day out for almost 10 years. I think it was in the first couple of episodes where SA tells JW that he should consider getting his mother help for anger management, and he seemed generally surprised by that. His mother's abuse is normalized for him and he may be just now realizing that it isn't normal, nor should it be tolerated.

As far as TR goes, he has already made his choice. He chose his sister. No one is blaming him for that, after all, she is family, but I stopped being invested in he and SA about 40 episodes ago. So, what we have currently is either SA choosing her career and no love life, which she is fine to do, or choosing to reconcile with JW, as long as his mother reforms and changes her ways. In fact, I would love to see her stay at the Kim household for a little while, it worked wonders on her son.

JW can't stay in her house. No 1 there aren't enough toilets. No 2 there won't be any babies; father in law will keep him up all night drinking.

I am not even sure I am making a joke. That is the honest truth. Then he will feel the need to confide in TR. Because he will be frustrated with no time with SA. TR will feel miffed so will make him more alcohol. Therefore even less couple times.

So ain't no JW-SA time. He is the sort of guy that are portrayed chasing his wife round the apartment having  married couple time. I don't do innuendos etc. Just saying JW is a whole heck of a lot in  love with SA. They can't stay with the Kim family.

I know right? I repeated that scene because I laughed so hard. Lol. JW is basically adorable.  I was smirking when I heard that and thought " man your hide is so thick."

Just when he is down he pops right back up. 

One thing for sure whenever the ex- MIL cooked for him. Or when TR cooked for him those two would have been channeling some strong emotions in those dishes.

Really last detour. Time to hit the beep beep work books.

On 3/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, ck1Oz said:

CA? Sometimes it is good to be just a nice girl. Or rather a nice person. I remember watching that nice drama where it didn't have angst etc etc. The social experiment failed didn't it? The ratings wasn't great. So CA could have been bitchier, more self centred, failed at work, be in debt, be the clueless academically bad female lead.

@ck1Oz  I like what you wrote about CA. :blush:   I really like the character of Cheong Ah.  Often times the female leads are weak and frustrating but I never felt that way about CA.  I loved her spunk, her sweetness and her kindness.   But what did you mean by "the social experiment failed that the ratings weren't great? Is that about another drama?  

In the next 8 episodes we will see:

1.) Si Wol finding out the truth of why and who framed him.

2.) Si Wol finding out about what HR did to CA and SA

3.) The sports marketing team  finding out about JH being the largest shareholder.

4.) CA's dad finding out that JH and JW are related. 

5, ) JH knowing that HR was CA's bully. (just added)

6. ) What kind of happy ending will CA, JH, SW, SA, TR and JW get. 

But I am curious in what order and how and who will reveal what. :blush:

1.) I wonder if Si Wol will find what about what HR did to CA and SA before or after he finds out the truth about who and why he was framed.

2.) Also , will the judge tell Si Wol privately or will JH and CA also be there when SW finds out the trut.

3.) I wonder if SW would show mercy to the judge once he finds out what his sister did to CA and SA.

Real Life News: 

So not sure if any had seen the article but this week there was a case of a KBS employee having a positive test for the Coronavirus. But when they tested her other colleagues, they tested negative.   Due to this,  the KBS building was closed and employees had to work from home.  I read it in the International Business Times.   

Hoping that everyone will stay safe and healthy!!!

Archived