Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

16 minutes ago, Songbae said:

That is just wrong because the writer is glorifying cheating.

I think it was already too late now that JW's scenes with HR were already shot :(

what can we do about it?

I greatly admire your clear cut ideas about right and wrong :thumbsup:

Just curious 

Spoiler

Did you watch A place in the sun?

If so, did you accept the female lead's lying about her son's parentage? For me I always insisted that lying is lying and can never be justified. 

I know it is off topic, but couldn't resist. You can reply in Spoiler too :)

ps, I know you are new to soompi, a spoiler is the "eye" icon to the right 

• Like 6

JH and JW talk about CA and JG. @triplem, here is the first of your requested translations.

JH: Please put out some news articles with these. Just as they are. Since we’ve also gotten promises from the people that Chung Ah has saved, so please arrange for some interviews as well. It’s just that if I meet directly with the reporters, then I have to reveal who I am. Then the interest is going to spread to Mom, and then news articles about Joon Gyeom might burst out as well. So, I hope that hyung will do it for me.
JW: Okay, this is a good idea. I only thought about blocking them (the articles), I didn’t think about this method. (sighs) Ahh, Joon Gyeom. I was the only one who totally had no idea. When did you find out?
JH: After I got out of the military, I had gone to London, and there was a letter there waiting for me. From that kid. Though it wasn’t a letter, it was his last testament.
JW: Does that mean that you knew about it from 10 years ago?!
JH: Yes. More specifically, it was 9 years ago. (me: Since he didn’t get it till he had finished his military service)
JW: You unbelievable dude! How could you have been like that? (meaning how could he have kept it to himself all those years)
JH: I should have known sooner. That morning, Joon Gyeom has sent me a signal. He wanted to play basketball, saying that it was his last wish, saying “There is no tomorrow for us, hyung.” That was his signal, asking me to hold onto him, but I didn’t get it.
JW: I wouldn’t have known either. There isn’t anyone who would have known. No one could have ever even imagined it. Why didn’t you at least tell me? It must have been so hard for you, alone for 9 years.
JH: Because I didn’t know the reason. I still don’t know.
JW: What about Aunt? Aunt doesn’t know the reason that Joon Gyeom killed himself either?
JH: Yes. I don’t think so.

Note JH's eyes and fleeting expression before he says that he doesn't think his mother knows. He's not sure, but doesn't want to voice his suspicions even to JW, or perhaps especially to JW since JW has always liked and admire the Judge. JH doesn't want to sully his mother's name before he's absolutely sure. And, I guess at this point, JH is suspicious, but he's not sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 14

43 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Just curious 

Reveal hidden contents

Did you watch A place in the sun?

If so, did you accept the female lead's lying about her son's parentage? For me I always insisted that lying is lying and can never be justified. 

I know it is off topic, but couldn't resist. You can reply in Spoiler too :)

ps, I know you are new to soompi, a spoiler is the "eye" icon to the right 

I did not. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mizv said:

Noticed JH hairstyle changed...hmmm.

When the character hairstyle changes that means

I think it is necessary for JH to change because he has to confront his mother.

Btw, I definitely would have voted for the actor playing SW for netizens award :)

@Ameera Ali HR's infuriating bout is too much :D

Spoiler

It reminds me of 3abla Kamel and Mai Ezz El Deen :joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

HR and her father

Moon Father: Where have you been?
HR: Don’t bother being interested, since if you found out, you would only slap my cheek, just as you did today.
Father: I have no thoughts of apologizing. If you need to be hit again, then Dad is going to hit you again.
HR: It’s my business, so Dad and Brother should both stop trying to interfere! Please! I’m sick of it. Sick and tired. Whenever I come home, I can’t rest!
Father: School bullying is a crime! And, you’re the perpetrator. Making a criminal pay for her crimes is the work that Dad does. (takes out handcuffs) If my daughter has committed a crime, then of course, I have to be the one to put the handcuffs on. That is the way to protect you, and the way to protect our family. I’m certain of it.
HR: So, right now, are you saying that you’re going to handcuff me?
Father: After hearing why you did it first. What is the reason? What is the reason you harassed Officer Kim? Aren’t you going to speak?! Do I have to put these handcuffs on you?!! (puts them on) Tell me. After I listen, I’ll decide whether to release you or to drag you in.

PR: Hyung, what should we do? Shouldn’t we go in and stop them?
TR: Let it alone. Let Father do as he will.
PR: But what if he really puts the handcuffs on Sister and turns her over to the police?
TR: That won’t happen. He’s doing that so that she’ll admit to it.

HR: Just because, one day I started disliking her. I couldn’t stand her and found her disgusting. I hated her smiling face. Especially, the smell of (fried) chicken on her, I couldn’t bear it.
Father: Why?
HR: From my body, there was a smell of the hospital, but from her body, there was always the smell of chicken. Our mother was dying, but their mother rode a scooter to deliver chickens and quilted sports gear. I worried every day that Mom would die. But, she was always happy as if she didn’t have a care in the world.
Father: That’s why you harassed her? For 2 years even? How did you harass her? Tell me the truth.
HR: Well, I ripped some of her uniforms, threw away her shoes. I snuck up to her to hit her, took her money, doused her with water, commented she should die in the group chat room. Should I go on? Should I continue? Why? Are you embarrassed by me? That Dad’s workplace will find out, are you worried? Everyone tells me to apologize, but then who will apologize to me? The family who originally threw me away? Or the second family who threw me away? Or the third? I was also hit, starved, and tormented, but I’m still just, JUST LIVING.
(Father handcuffs her to him)
HR: What are you doing? Dad, take these off!
Father: Dad is hurting, too! My wrist is thicker, too, so don’t move! You’re hurting, and Dad is hurting, too. Let’s step on the thorns. With Dad, let’s step on the thorns together, Hae Rang. (me: Stepping on thorns is the opposite of walking on a flower path. So, he wants her to take the hard path with him of admitting to her mistakes and taking whatever the consequences may be, as hard as they may be.)
HR: I want to leave this house. I want to live on my own. I want to live without worrying about others!

Btw, with the comment of his wrist is thicker which I had to listen to multiple times to ascertain whether that's what he's saying, he's not making light of the situation. He's saying that it will be as difficult for him as it might be for her, as well as that literally, the handcuffs that he's place on both of their wrists are hurting both of them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 12

JH and CA text

CA Text: In order to make your girlfriend a national hero, you’ve been running around all day and going to a lot of trouble. (me: this is a way of thanking him)
JH: How many hearts are there anyway? One, two, three, four…Seven of them. Why couldn’t she have sent ten?
JH Text: Give me another three hearts. I deserve at least ten hearts. Your boyfriend.
CA: Of course. Of course.
CA Text: Three hearts.
New Text: I’m the one who nursed Grandmother Kkeut Soon. It seems Grandmother is at the Hoje Columbarium. I’m finishing at the hospital around 10 o’clock, so please give me a call then.
Texting Person VO: I remember that a grandson had come to visit. I thought that she had no family, but one day, a boy wearing a school uniform was crying his eyes out by her bed.

I wonder if JH is going to find more clues at PKS's urn? Since JG was the one to take her ashes and place them, he may have left some mementos with her ashes.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 10

Hi @stroppyse- I saw this comment on youtube and wondered if you could translate it for me.  I used google translate but their translation is always a little off to me. Thank you!  Only if you have a chance. Thank you!!  I can tell that this person doesn't like this drama but curious what they wrote other than asking when will it end. 언제 끝나나? 와 지겹고 황당한 이드라마로 주말에 멍때리는 KBS 한심하다 문화대국에서 이수준의 막장드라마가 공중파 간판주말드라마? 대하드라마 다시 안하나?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

Hi @stroppyse- I saw this comment on youtube and wondered if you could translate it for me.  I used google translate but their translation is always a little off to me. Thank you!  Only if you have a chance. Thank you!!  I can tell that this person doesn't like this drama but curious what they wrote other than asking when will it end. 언제 끝나나? 와 지겹고 황당한 이드라마로 주말에 멍때리는 KBS 한심하다 문화대국에서 이수준의 막장드라마가 공중파 간판주말드라마? 대하드라마 다시 안하나?

I used papago and here it is below:

When does it end? Wow, with this boring and absurd drama on the weekend, KBS is pathetic. In the cultural giant, this level of soap opera is the most popular soap opera on the air? Aren't you going to do a soap opera again?

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

@ktcjdrama and @triplem I am so happy you told us about papago. It is far better than Google. I started using it in addition to naver dictionary. Thank you both :wub: :star: 

@sjlsjl my friend, since you translate by hearing, I suggest you use Google translate audio feature and read the romanisation. The audio feature (a speaker icon) will read the sentence for you :)

• Like 5
  • Love 3

JW wins his way into SA's house. @triplem, I think this is the last of the scenes you wanted translated.

YA: Mom, what happened? Did Brother-in-law sleep at our house last night?
Mother: It just happened that way.
YA: Daebak! Does that mean he slept with Sister?
Mother: Oh, don’t say such useless stuff! Go and put out some side dishes instead.
YA: Wow! What is all this? Are you preparing a feast?
Mother: Kim Yeon Ah!
YA: Oh, I got it. I got it. Mom. Geez.

Father: Let’s eat. Okay?
JW: Yes.
Mother: I haven’t prepared much. But, please eat a lot.
JW: Thank you, Mother.
YA: From my memory, I think this is the first time with a breakfast like this. Right?
Father: The way it originally is, the one who shows the son-in-law love is the mother-in-law.
SA: Dad!
JW: It feels as if Mother has gone to a lot of trouble because of me. I’m sorry.
SA: If you know that Mom went to a lot of trouble, then you should eat quickly and go.
JW: Sister-in-law Chung Ah suffered a lot yesterday, didn’t you?
CA: Yes? Uh, yes.
JW: I did try to block the news articles as much as I could, but I’m sorry. (for not being able to remove them completely)
CA: No. Thank you very much for making the effort.
SA: Why are you talking about that now? Hurry up and eat, then get up.
JW: Father, do you perhaps like janggi? (me: janggi is a board strategy game sometimes called Korean chess)
Father: Janggi? Oh, yes. I do like it, but because I don’t have anyone to play with, I play against the computer every day. Why? Do you also like janggi?
JW: Oh, I totally like to play janggi.
Father: Oh! In that case, after we eat, do you want to play a round with me?
JW: Of course, that would be great. But since we’re playing, how about a bet on the game? The losing person grants the winner a wish.
Father: Okay, cool!
YA: That will be so fun! I want to watch!
SA: Are you crazy right now? What janggi?
Father: Okay, just one game. Granting any wish desired. Right? You can’t change your mind after you lose.
JW: Of course not.

Father: Here, at this point, it’s probably better for you to give up.
JW: Just a second, Father. 1 minute. Just 1 minute.
Father: Ahh, what wish should I ask for? Aigoo, there are so many wishes that I want, it’s a worry.
YA: Dad, ask him to set you up with a Marathon Mart. (me: that’s a convenience store franchise in SK) No. Should we just become a building landlord instead?
Father: Should we?
JW: It’s Father’s turn now.
Father: Okay then. There won’t be a way to… Oh?!
YA: What? What, Dad?
Father: Wait a minute. But, this is supposed to… What is this?
YA: What is that? Did Dad lose?
(SA comes down)
SA: Aren’t you done yet?
JW: We just finished.
YA: Sister, I think Dad lost.
SA: If you’re done, hurry and get up. I have to leave as well.
JW: Father, I can tell you my wish now, right?
Father: Tell me.
JW: For the time being, I want to stay in Father’s house.
Father: What?
SA: What did you say?

SA: Dad, you can’t. Even if it was a bet, how could you let him?
Father: Then, what else could I do? We agreed that we would grant any wish, no matter what it was.
Mother: What is Son-in-law Do saying right now? Did you tell him that he could stay in our house for the time being?
Father: It just happened that way. Anyway, it’s not as if he’s a stranger. He’s our ex-son-in-law. And, it’s not as if he’s moving in forever. He’s just staying for the time being. Just for the time being.
SA: Dad, did you lose to him on purpose? Knowing that he would ask for this?
Father: Lose to him on purpose?! Why would I? And, how would I know what Son-in-law Do’s wish was.
Mother: This isn’t something to speak of so lightly. Seol Ah dislikes it so much.
Father: Look, I’ll keep a close eye on him, and then I’ll push him out gently. Also, if you spend time together like this, Seol Ah, you could change your mind. It becomes time where you can properly look into Son-in-law Do’s heart.
Father: Geez

JW: Oh, you said you were going out. Aren’t you late? If you’re going right now, you could go with me.
(at her angry look) Okay, I’ll get going first. (turns back) Oh, this is something I haven’t said in a very long time… Wife, I’ll go and be back from work. (me: it’s a standard parting greeting between couples, obviously)
SA: Aren’t you going to hurry and get going?
JW: I wanted to come home early so I cancelled all late appointments. Do you want me to bring something delicious for you on my way home?

So, in all, this scene does raise concerns in me. Except for SA who continues to resist him, and CA who has been distracted and so not spent as much time with him, the rest of the family is warming up to this new version of JW. And, he's clearly rather loving this experience of being within a caring, loving family, albeit even if he's only partially being tolerated. It's true that JW has managed to regain his father-in-law's affections and even his mother-in-law somewhat, but the important person here is SA. As long as SA continues to not want to be with JW, then he really does need to desist. He's making her uncomfortable in her own house with this move, and that I can't really accept.

Having said that, there are different cultural norms to consider. JW isn't moving into SA's house where she's the only occupant; JW is moving into SA's parents' house with the consent of the nominal owner of that house. SA's father's thoughts on the matter probably reflect a majority of SK citizens' opinions, especially the older, more traditional, more conservative ones. SA's husband has turned over a new leaf and the new awareness and changes seem permanent, he's trying with all of his might to win both her and her family over, he seems to dedicate himself to SA and her happiness, he's strong enough to protect her going forward even if he had not done so in the past, and he's rich enough to take care of her and her family regardless of what happens.

My problem with this though, not being of that generation living within that culture, is that this doesn't allow SA her own agency. If this drama doesn't show SA warming up to JW somehow, of her own volition, and not because she decides to just go along with it for whatever reason, it'll be a major relationship fail. Then again, it doesn't seem as if SA is going to be giving in, so perhaps those folks who voted that SA will end up by herself will be shown to be prescient. I think the loveline with TR seems to be dead.

Or it could end with a time jump of some kind after all, if the drama wants to go that route, where years later, SA has moved out and is living on her own, JH and CA are happily married, JW has finally been dissuaded from pursuing SA. And, SA runs into TR again.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really get your point. You are analyzing the drama from a realistic point of view. You see that in real life, if the husband is a cheater, he shouldn't get a second chance. And also, if we take away the comedy, we would find a situation where the husband insists on having his wife back, regardless her opinion. I have to agree with you about his being clingy. I think the writer originally wanted to have the TR/SA romance develop, but because of the direction things took (I mean OMS' popularity), she changed the script. Anyway, just remember that this is just drama, so things are not always logical. I hope my answer is objective :) 

As a licensed marriage and family therapist that has helped several couples heal from infidelity, just know that I believe that your core beliefs regarding second chances are respectfully,  not realistic and inaccurate on every level. If a married couple wants to work through adultery then in many cases they can. There are a lot of factors that are considered regarding reconciliation. In most cases, cheating is done for different reasons, but emotional cheating it's often the worst. Rigid people are the most unforgiving people in humanity, and are often  the ones that want forgiveness for themselves. There are some couples that are damaged Beyond repair. But yes forgiveness is essential for any marriage to work whether there is adultery in it or not.

Comedy or no comedy, this couple ended in a non-traditional way and was divorced against her husband's will while he was in a coma. They never had an opportunity to work on their marriage because there was always one partner that never gave her complete self. There was a mother-in-law who continued tbreaking up her son's marriage. His wife was a rotten person even before they married. And he was a cute, but spoiled brat  before they married. He loved his wife in spite of her nastiness. And I have watched dramas from this writer. She has no problems with marriages reconciling after adultery. Everyone has a realistic point of view in their own mind, but take it for someone who does this for a living for several years, cheating couples reconcile, bitter unhealed people remain that way until they check into reality.

• Like 9
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 6

30 minutes ago, sjlsjl said:

Here is a quick translation.

When will this end? Wow, boring and absurd, using this drama to bruise the weekend, KBS is pathetic, in a cultural giant of a country is this the level of makjang drama that is being aired as the leading weekend drama? Aren't they going to make another good drama?

edit: Just saw @ktcjdrama's translation from papago. This is pretty similar to my translation. What papago doesn't do sometimes is parse things out quite right, especially if there are typos in what was written in Korean. Also, the term "makjang" which refers to dramas which are extremely unrealistic or unusually emotional and interconnected elements may not be one that is in the lexicon as yet. Anyway, this drama probably does qualify somewhat as makjang in the hyper characters (XX, HR) and the interconnected relationships (all of them in this drama), and the levels of emotions involved.

Edited by stroppyse
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

@ktcjdrama

Thank you for the papago translation.  Sometimes with internet translations, I feel like the translation is too literal so I was curious to read the interpretation from a live fluent speaker. 

@nohamahamoud2002 thank you! I do prefer to hear/listen to the the words versus reading the words. My challenge is more in the vocabulary.  As it is easy to read korean but my level is at a  very basic conversational level of korean and so I lack the knowledge of harder vocabulary words.

@stroppyse

Thank you for translating that korean comment for me.

Not really sure why people leave negative comments if they don't like a certain drama. When I have read other korean comments about blwl on youtube's blwl kbs drama pages, it's usually similar to the comments that are written in English about the relationships of the different characters  like loving CA and JH together or who SA would end up with or finding out the truth about JG but this one seemed like it was specifically about the drama itself.

I think blwl is a great drama and has a really great deeper message and I am glad that kbs drama made it. 

Edited by sjlsjl
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

CA and SA return home to see JH. This is just because I loved this scene.

SA: Oh! Brother-in-law
JH: Sister-in-law
CA: What are you doing here?
JH: Did it go okay?
CA: Yes, but how can you be here instead of at the office? Aren’t you busy? Instead of me, someone else may get fired first. What will we do if we both lose our jobs?
JH: I’m too busy, so I guess I had better just get going, Sister-in-law. It’s regrettable, but if i don’t want to lose my job, I had better get going. I’ll see you next time.
CA: What’s this? Aren’t you even going to greet me before you leave?
JH: It’s been awhile. The formal uniform.

(flashback of JH’s memory)
CA: I’m Officer Kim Chung Ah with the Yeouido Precinct. What is your name, sir? If you refuse to answer, then you’ll have to go to the station with me, sir.
(both laugh)
(end flashback)

JH: Those clothes look good on you. Don’t think about taking it off. (meaning don’t think about quitting being a police officer) (bows and leaves)
SA: He said not to think about taking off those clothes. You heard, right?
(CA nods)

Mother: Oh, you’re here. Are you okay? Did you answer their questions well?
CA: Yes, I did well. And, my precinct caption came as well and supported me.
Mother: That’s a relief. You did well.
SA: But, why was brother-in-law here?
Mother: Oh, the awards of appreciation that Chung Ah had received, he came to get them. He’s going to use them to try to turn public opinion.
SA: What? Oh, that’s right! That could work.

I do rather love this new phase of CA and JH's relationship. I love how CA nags him already like a wife about how they can't both lose their jobs, and feeling free to be pouty at him. And, how JH teases back, ever so gently. Not to mention, how JH is thinking about proactive ways to help CA. Also, I'm not sure that CA appreciates exactly how rich JH is, despite knowing that he's cousins with JW. That's natural, I guess, since JH acted distinctly non-chaebol like by entering into an entry level position, even though he quickly rose to becoming Team Leader from his initial newbie status.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 4

SW and CA. It's really sweet, how relaxed these two friends are, even as I suffer for poor SW's unspoken crush.

CA: What is this? Why did you leave work to come here, too? I told you not to come.
SW: You, too? Who else has come by?
CA: I seem to be causing worries for a lot of people.
SW: So, what happened. Were you fired? Did they say they would fire you? Are you they going to discipline you? So, what happened? The result?
CA: I don’t know yet. They said that they’ll release (the result) after some days.
SW: Some days? Why do they have to think about that for days anyway? Those jerks, making one’s liver shrivel (me: a way of saying that one is anxious). Just because they they’re doing it and doing it, it’s not as if they’re taking the liver. (me: SW is making a bit of a pun here. A word for going is “gan” and the word for liver is also “gan”. SW is actually a very witty character, and likes his word play.)
CA: Oh, Kang Shi Wol. It seems that your liver can shrivel as well.
SW: Hey. Do you think that it’s always outside my body or something? (me: Still talking about the liver which is seen as the organ of bravery by Koreans. And, SW is saying that he’s always leading with his liver, meaning he’s fearless.) Sometimes, it has to go in, then come out, then go in, and come out.
CA: I was worried about you. Because you’re always charging in so fearlessly. (and thus getting into trouble)
SW: You shouldn’t just worry about my liver…
SW VO: couldn’t you worry about my heart, too? I’m the one who is going, going, going these days. I’m done for. Darn it.
SW: No, nothing.  
CA VO: I’m worried about you. We don’t have any solid evidence yet. Just your word and my word.
SW: How many people on the disciplinary committee? Just give me their names. Just see if they dare discipline you. I’ll go find each and every one of them, and chew them up into tiny pieces. They don’t care anything about truth, just how things look to people. Those cowards.
(CA sighs)
SW: What? You don’t think I can?
CA: It’s because I think you can. I think you could too much. I’m worried that because of you, I’m going to have to go face another disciplinary committee again. That’s why. Why are you making a bigger fuss about it than me?
SW: What? I can’t make a fuss? I have to have some back as well. (“Back” meaning backing or someone supporting him.) Even if everyone is sneering at me, on my side is the police. You.

SW: Officer Kim, you’re going to be fine. Don’t worry.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

As a licensed marriage and family therapist that has helped several couples heal from infidelity, just know that I believe that your core beliefs regarding second chances are respectfully,  not realistic and inaccurate on every level.

If a married couple wants to work through adultery then in many cases they can. There are a lot of factors that are considered regarding reconciliation. In most cases, cheating is done for different reasons, but emotional cheating it's often the worst. Rigid people are the most unforgiving people in humanity, and are often  the ones that want forgiveness for themselves. There are some couples that are damaged Beyond repair. But yes forgiveness is essential for any marriage to work whether there is adultery in it or not.

I think @Songbae was referring to JW not discussing cheating with SA. She said they should discuss the matter. And I was always neutral regarding JW, neither for nor against. 

As for second chances, it depends on the person. For example in toxic relationships, it is better to end them. A famous type is narcissism codependence relationships. (I don't mean JW). As a family therapist, I am sure you came across that type of people. I also think both xx and the judge can be classified as toxic people who harmed their sons.

If you follow my posts in other threads you will know that I was always defending the less popular characters that were disliked by most viewers and I voted for their deserving second chances. I argued about God's forgiveness and that if a sinner repents, he/she deserves a second chance. So you should not have judged me so harshly based on one post :(

• Like 7

A scene translation with no videos. Just really satisfying for me to watch. JW leaves his house.

From 11:34 on episode 80.

(JW comes home)
HR: You’re home.
JW: What are you doing here at this hour? And, what’s with the apron?
XX: From today, Secretary Moon will be staying at our house.
JW: What?
XX: You don’t need to know the details of how it happened. Let’s just say that it’s because I want to become more comfortable.
JW: Say something that makes sense. What does Mom wanting to be comfortable have to do with Secretary Moon staying in our house? (to HR) Hurry and go home.
XX: Secretary Moon. please go prepare Vice Chairman Do’s bath water.
HR: Yes. (leaves)
JW: Are you really going to be like this? What are you trying to do right now?
XX: What do you mean what I’m trying to do? I told you it’s so that I’ll be more comfortable.
JW: I can’t agree to this, so send Secretary Moon out of here immediately. Otherwise, I’ll leave.
XX: As you wish then.
JW: Mom.
XX: In my house, I want to bring in my person, so I don’t need to get any permission, do I? (walks away)

(in his room)
JW: So, that’s how you want to do it. Okay, let’s see about that.

(downstairs, JW with luggage)
HR: Jin Woo-sshi!
XX: Hey, what are you doing? Where do you think you’re going, carrying that?
JW: It’s not my house, so leaving on my own feet, I don’t need get any permission either.
XX: Are you crazy? Where are you saying you’re going?
JW: A little while ago, Mom clearly said this “As you wish then.”
XX: You. If you leave like this, then you won’t be able to return home. I’m not joking. You’ll have to give up your Vice Chairmanship immediately as well.
JW: As you wish then. (to HR) Take care of the Chairwoman well, Secretary Moon. (to XX) Bye. (leaves)
XX: Hey! Hey! Hey! Oh, really, that, that thing!

I suppose XX has been so outrageous and JW has been so indulgent about her over the years, that XX herself can no longer see how completely off the charts outrageous she is. I mean, inviting her son's mistress to live in their home, and then ordering her to draw up his bath water. LOL. As if he were some school child still who would give in after some sulking maybe. I was happy to see JW be fed up and call her bluff.

XX assumes that JW will go to a hotel where he'll be too uncomfortable, so he'll come home. However, JW ends up at SA's parents' house instead. He eventually explains having left home, and SA tells JW to go to a hotel, but JW says he did, but there were all sorts of strange noises coming from the bathroom. SA scoffs at that, but her father says that they should be able to let him sleep at their house for one night since it wasn't that long ago that they were asking him for his help with CA's problems.

SA shows some concern for JW's welfare, asking whether his electric blanket was working well since their house was an older house and thus drafty. JW says that SA showing him concerns causes him to get thrilled, but SA just tells JW that she hopes he'll be gone when she awakes. Of course, that didn't happen, since JW was there for breakfast.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 8

21 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think @Songbae was referring to JW not discussing cheating. She said they should discuss the matter.

As for second chances, it depends on the person. For example in toxic relationships, it is better to end them. A famous type is narcissism codependance relationships. I don't mean JW at all. As a family therapist, I am sure you came across that type of people. I also think both xx and the judge can be classified as toxic people who harmed their sons.

If you follow my posts in other threads you will know that I was always defending the less popular characters that were disliked by most viewers and I voted for their deserving second chances. I argued about God's forgiveness and that if a sinner respents, he/she deserves a second chance. So you should not have judged me so harshly based on one post :(

I did not judge you, but I judge the post and the characters because I do not know what's in your heart and I'm not going to pretend that I know what's in your heart.. I will say that is not unrealistic for a couple to reconcile after cheating and there are a lot of factors that goes into it.  I have more couples right now that I wish cheating were there problems so they can move on, but the four horsemen of apocalypse are the main problems which are criticism, contempt, stonewalling, and defensiveness. A lot of those things are learned based on how people were raised and how they were internalised what they saw.  Other major destruction of marriage, outside of gottman theory which is not the only theory that makes sense, is the push-pull and the pursue-Run, emotional cutoff, high level of anxiety, the escape goat, the bully, Etc. Every relationship has some form or needs some form of dependency with balance because commitment is the essence of being dependent on one another. Over dependency, which is often found in relationships that have had a lot of abuse or substance use which is indeed toxic. I think it's better if the whole family gets healing independently and together. 

Spoiler

When it comes to personality disorders, the DSM needs a complete restructuring and the more and more new or DSM comes out, the left scientific they become and the more they hide their evidence for removing and adding categories. There was one academic paper on the DSM-5 that was very critical and they have never allowed anyone to evaluate their work study group research because the work groups research was not valid. Science should be objective which is why the World Health Organization is struggling now because they no longer use objective and valid criteria to add or remove categories. All American Medical association's with the exception of two have gone philosophical and political because many people look at them as experts in their field instead of the content and competence of what they're saying.

Believe it or not, I wish they would just give Jin U a new woman that would love him and he would love her because Seol Ah needs to find her self worth.

• Like 6
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1