[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I really get your point. You are analyzing the drama from a realistic point of view. You see that in real life, if the husband is a cheater, he shouldn't get a second chance. And also, if we take away the comedy, we would find a situation where the husband insists on having his wife back, regardless her opinion. I have to agree with you about his being clingy. I think the writer originally wanted to have the TR/SA romance develop, but because of the direction things took (I mean OMS' popularity), she changed the script. Anyway, just remember that this is just drama, so things are not always logical. I hope my answer is objective :) 

As a licensed marriage and family therapist that has helped several couples heal from infidelity, just know that I believe that your core beliefs regarding second chances are respectfully,  not realistic and inaccurate on every level. If a married couple wants to work through adultery then in many cases they can. There are a lot of factors that are considered regarding reconciliation. In most cases, cheating is done for different reasons, but emotional cheating it's often the worst. Rigid people are the most unforgiving people in humanity, and are often  the ones that want forgiveness for themselves. There are some couples that are damaged Beyond repair. But yes forgiveness is essential for any marriage to work whether there is adultery in it or not.

Comedy or no comedy, this couple ended in a non-traditional way and was divorced against her husband's will while he was in a coma. They never had an opportunity to work on their marriage because there was always one partner that never gave her complete self. There was a mother-in-law who continued tbreaking up her son's marriage. His wife was a rotten person even before they married. And he was a cute, but spoiled brat  before they married. He loved his wife in spite of her nastiness. And I have watched dramas from this writer. She has no problems with marriages reconciling after adultery. Everyone has a realistic point of view in their own mind, but take it for someone who does this for a living for several years, cheating couples reconcile, bitter unhealed people remain that way until they check into reality.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ktcjdrama

Thank you for the papago translation.  Sometimes with internet translations, I feel like the translation is too literal so I was curious to read the interpretation from a live fluent speaker. 

@nohamahamoud2002 thank you! I do prefer to hear/listen to the the words versus reading the words. My challenge is more in the vocabulary.  As it is easy to read korean but my level is at a  very basic conversational level of korean and so I lack the knowledge of harder vocabulary words.

@stroppyse

Thank you for translating that korean comment for me.

Not really sure why people leave negative comments if they don't like a certain drama. When I have read other korean comments about blwl on youtube's blwl kbs drama pages, it's usually similar to the comments that are written in English about the relationships of the different characters  like loving CA and JH together or who SA would end up with or finding out the truth about JG but this one seemed like it was specifically about the drama itself.

I think blwl is a great drama and has a really great deeper message and I am glad that kbs drama made it. 

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

As a licensed marriage and family therapist that has helped several couples heal from infidelity, just know that I believe that your core beliefs regarding second chances are respectfully,  not realistic and inaccurate on every level.

If a married couple wants to work through adultery then in many cases they can. There are a lot of factors that are considered regarding reconciliation. In most cases, cheating is done for different reasons, but emotional cheating it's often the worst. Rigid people are the most unforgiving people in humanity, and are often  the ones that want forgiveness for themselves. There are some couples that are damaged Beyond repair. But yes forgiveness is essential for any marriage to work whether there is adultery in it or not.

I think @Songbae was referring to JW not discussing cheating with SA. She said they should discuss the matter. And I was always neutral regarding JW, neither for nor against. 

As for second chances, it depends on the person. For example in toxic relationships, it is better to end them. A famous type is narcissism codependence relationships. (I don't mean JW). As a family therapist, I am sure you came across that type of people. I also think both xx and the judge can be classified as toxic people who harmed their sons.

If you follow my posts in other threads you will know that I was always defending the less popular characters that were disliked by most viewers and I voted for their deserving second chances. I argued about God's forgiveness and that if a sinner repents, he/she deserves a second chance. So you should not have judged me so harshly based on one post :(

21 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think @Songbae was referring to JW not discussing cheating. She said they should discuss the matter.

As for second chances, it depends on the person. For example in toxic relationships, it is better to end them. A famous type is narcissism codependance relationships. I don't mean JW at all. As a family therapist, I am sure you came across that type of people. I also think both xx and the judge can be classified as toxic people who harmed their sons.

If you follow my posts in other threads you will know that I was always defending the less popular characters that were disliked by most viewers and I voted for their deserving second chances. I argued about God's forgiveness and that if a sinner respents, he/she deserves a second chance. So you should not have judged me so harshly based on one post :(

I did not judge you, but I judge the post and the characters because I do not know what's in your heart and I'm not going to pretend that I know what's in your heart.. I will say that is not unrealistic for a couple to reconcile after cheating and there are a lot of factors that goes into it.  I have more couples right now that I wish cheating were there problems so they can move on, but the four horsemen of apocalypse are the main problems which are criticism, contempt, stonewalling, and defensiveness. A lot of those things are learned based on how people were raised and how they were internalised what they saw.  Other major destruction of marriage, outside of gottman theory which is not the only theory that makes sense, is the push-pull and the pursue-Run, emotional cutoff, high level of anxiety, the escape goat, the bully, Etc. Every relationship has some form or needs some form of dependency with balance because commitment is the essence of being dependent on one another. Over dependency, which is often found in relationships that have had a lot of abuse or substance use which is indeed toxic. I think it's better if the whole family gets healing independently and together. 

Spoiler

When it comes to personality disorders, the DSM needs a complete restructuring and the more and more new or DSM comes out, the left scientific they become and the more they hide their evidence for removing and adding categories. There was one academic paper on the DSM-5 that was very critical and they have never allowed anyone to evaluate their work study group research because the work groups research was not valid. Science should be objective which is why the World Health Organization is struggling now because they no longer use objective and valid criteria to add or remove categories. All American Medical association's with the exception of two have gone philosophical and political because many people look at them as experts in their field instead of the content and competence of what they're saying.

Believe it or not, I wish they would just give Jin U a new woman that would love him and he would love her because Seol Ah needs to find her self worth.

@foreverempress I think the cheating was not discussed in detail so I am not a judge of the whole thing. We knew JW's reasons but things didn't change because SA doesn't discuss things with JW. Also she doesn't understand him, so somehow I feel there is something missing. I really don't know enough about marriage problems to form an idea. I was just replying to some points raised by @Songbae 

Anyway since the point I had in mind regarding personality disorders is irrelevant I sent you a private message. I hope you read it.

Thanks @stroppyse as always.  Most of the time while watching the drama with sub, I will always remember the context of the conversation and I love the dialogue between SW and CA that  you just translated. SW is an interesting character and the words he uses does make him sound witty most of the time.  Till then...

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think @Songbae was referring to JW not discussing cheating with SA. She said they should discuss the matter. And I was always neutral regarding JW, neither for nor against. 

As for second chances, it depends on the person. For example in toxic relationships, it is better to end them. A famous type is narcissism codependence relationships. (I don't mean JW). As a family therapist, I am sure you came across that type of people. I also think both xx and the judge can be classified as toxic people who harmed their sons.

If you follow my posts in other threads you will know that I was always defending the less popular characters that were disliked by most viewers and I voted for their deserving second chances. I argued about God's forgiveness and that if a sinner repents, he/she deserves a second chance. So you should not have judged me so harshly based on one post :(

Thanks

3 hours ago, foreverempress said:

As a licensed marriage and family therapist that has helped several couples heal from infidelity, just know that I believe that your core beliefs regarding second chances are respectfully,  not realistic and inaccurate on every level. If a married couple wants to work through adultery then in many cases they can. There are a lot of factors that are considered regarding reconciliation. In most cases, cheating is done for different reasons, but emotional cheating it's often the worst. Rigid people are the most unforgiving people in humanity, and are often  the ones that want forgiveness for themselves. There are some couples that are damaged Beyond repair. But yes forgiveness is essential for any marriage to work whether there is adultery in it or not.

Comedy or no comedy, this couple ended in a non-traditional way and was divorced against her husband's will while he was in a coma. They never had an opportunity to work on their marriage because there was always one partner that never gave her complete self. There was a mother-in-law who continued tbreaking up her son's marriage. His wife was a rotten person even before they married. And he was a cute, but spoiled brat  before they married. He loved his wife in spite of her nastiness. And I have watched dramas from this writer. She has no problems with marriages reconciling after adultery. Everyone has a realistic point of view in their own mind, but take it for someone who does this for a living for several years, cheating couples reconcile, bitter unhealed people remain that way until they check into reality.

Well good for you. I don't recall saying that she shouldn't forgive him but as long as he keeps on behaving like a psycho then she shouldn't reconcile with him. Simple

bless JW heart he driving some woman crazy :joy:

I still asking myself why someone  leave their home to work as maid in other people ( just to win a man who doesn’t care ) 

5e49c7ebb7424437807260.gif?download

even the maid worried about her job :tounge_wink:

5e49c892efd20323148053.gif?download

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, first things first. I take back an earlier comment I made saying that TR should do something. TR is pretty darn near a saint, as usual, and I think he finally did the most effective thing about it by telling JW.

So do i.  He did the right thing in telling JW.  HR and his mother went too far.

I am waiting for sub to complete before I watch.

Nice wrap of the weekend episode. I actually can Finally live through the week without thinking about this addictive  drama now that it’s definite CA and JH are together.  Things have calmed down finally.  hopefully no more crying :lol: 

It’s great the bullying and suicide are being addressed for resolution in this drama cuz in real life unfortunately this does happen.

It broke my heart to hear HR say she didn’t See herself at fault.  also to hear the wicked witch see nothing wrong with what she did either.  the two of them are a fabricated version of what bully’s think and act like. 

On the sunny :innocent: side up, Didn’t fail to notice that look up and down  JH gave CH while dressed in her uniform Boy Did checked her out.  :wub:  

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@triplem why did I get serious suddenly? SW gifs are better for me lol. After the famous Namjun and Gwanjil discussions I had,I promised myself to stay away from anything serious. :)

It’s fine my dear . It’s great to have open conversations where we see each other’s POV . 

While the characters on this drama are fictional & the intertwining relationships between them is   highly unrealistic & of great makjang proportions :w00t:,   it’s drama after all . We watch because it engages our attention. No one will want to make a drama of my boring straightforward life :lol:. But we also like or feel emotionally invested over some characters more than others perhaps because we identify more with them and  are influenced by our personal biases, values & experiences.  

So I get why some are not in favour of JW’s reconciliation with SA . I on the other hand believe greatly in JW’s redemption arc. The guy is truly sorry & I want him to have proper closure by the end of this drama . The issue for me here isn’t who is the better guy , it’s the fact that SA isn’t particularly interested in either one . Like in CA’s case , i have no doubt that JH has always been the one...but  I’m not sure what is really in SA’s heart . Perhaps given that she’s older & with all her experiences, she’s guarding it very much . 

Thanks @stroppyse . I read with a teary eye the conversation between JW & JH . I cried at the lines where JH says he read the letter a year later after JG’s death . So he’s had to mourn twice . The regret he felt for not having paid attention to his brother’s last words . It’s no wonder that he gave up law , and wondered around aimlessly for years before coming back to Intermarket . The guy had had no one to turn to emotionally till he met CA. I think in the coming episodes it will be CA who has to be the stronger one for JH. Honestly, he’s going to be devastated beyond words once he finds out what led to JG’s death . 

The absurdity of this drama just reached on their new level with the last ep:

First, they have Hae Rang move out & stay at JU's >> like seriously writer?? lmao, apparently for XX whom so uptight in developing one image she find it's better & proper for the mistress to live in their house together, than Seol Ah had a simple meal outside at a simple restaurant backthen, so apparently double XX is just as hypocrite as her sister.

2nd, as if it isn't enough, JU did not learn from HR mistake that moving into someone else's house without their consent is trespassing their privacy & disrespectful to them, yet he did the same thing as HR.

JU, you can't call it's love if you don't even consider how SA must be feeling disturbed rn with you're moving into her house without her consent.

It's pure obsession 

Writer-nim has broke her own record of the ridiculousness/ makjang level in this drama, I rolled my eyes too much :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, Plummpychan said:

The absurdity of this drama just reached on their new level with the last ep:

@Plummpychan I just saw the episode with subs and I too thought this is pretty unrealistic to have the mistress move in and then the ex husband staying over at his ex-wife's family home.  But then I remembered that the genre of BLWL is also a romantic comedy so I guess it's their way of trying to be super silly!! :grin:

But I wonder if they made it have these really absurd/ over the top elements because there are really heavy themes in the drama itself about bullying, suicide,  parent/ child relationships, adoption, adultery, etc. 

3 hours ago, triplem said:

The regret he felt for not having paid attention to his brother’s last words .

@triplem I am really in awe and still processing how the writer was able to address the issues of bullying and suicide.  JH talking about the regret he felt at not paying attention to his brother's last words is something all friends and family survivors of suicides feel. The death of anyone is tragic but suicide is so tragic as the victims aren't just those who passed away but also those who have survived as they always live in guilt that they could and should have been more aware or done something more.  

4 hours ago, mizv said:

It’s great the bullying and suicide are being addressed for resolution in this drama cuz in real life unfortunately this does happen.

It broke my heart to hear HR say she didn’t See herself at fault.

@mizv  Yes, I am glad that bullying and suicide are being addressed as well.

It was painful and  to hear about all things that Hae Rang had done to Cheong Ah... tearing her uniform, throwing away her shoes, hitting her, throwing water on her and writing on her textbook that she should die.

I actually thought that Hae Rang would redeem herself before all the articles were spread by letting Tae Rang or even Jin Woo know what the aunt was planning to do.  And I really thought maybe knowing that Cheong Ah wanted to commit suicide would change her, but it didn't.  It's disappointing to see that.  It's hard to understand people who willingly choose to bully and hurt others.  Hae Rang showed no remorse when she spoke with her dad and I am not sure if she will ever truly repent for what she did to Cheong Ah or Seol Ah. 

Cheong Ah is the complete opposite of Hae Rang.  With the hurt  and pain that Cheong Ah experienced, she chose to want to help and save others. 

Along with suicide, I think bullying is so common in every culture and society as well.  And now there is internet bullying where people can be slandered for the whole world to see, which is really sad and was evident in what Cheong Ah went through with the articles that were written about her and the comments that people made about her. 

Even though there are some "over -exaggerated" and "way-too- unrealistic" scenarios, I really appreciate the topics of bullying and suicide that are addressed through this drama.  I think maybe the writer knew that that these topics would be very heavy topics to address and maybe that's why they wanted to go the route of the makjang. Either way, whether they are doing it the makjang way or a more realistic way, I am grateful for  this KBS drama. I am glad that the makers of BLWL had the platform of this drama to be able to speak about these two very important topics. 

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I used papago and here it is below:

When does it end? Wow, with this boring and absurd drama on the weekend, KBS is pathetic. In the cultural giant, this level of soap opera is the most popular soap opera on the air? Aren't you going to do a soap opera again?

Haters are confused admirers :P

If she/he hates it so much, why bother watch till this long? Hahaha.

On the more serious note, I guess the person doesn't realize that Korean's soap operas have been making a heap of contribution into the nation becoming one of the cultural giants, just saying.

1 hour ago, Roomay_ht said:

Haters are confused admirers :P

If she/he hates it so much, why bother watch till this long? Hahaha.

On the more serious note, I guess the person doesn't realize that Korean's soap operas have been making a heap of contribution into the nation becoming one of the cultural giants, just saying.

This same sentiment is prevalent on these boards as well. I can't help but giggle at their expense. They pop in every day and remind everyone how horrible the drama is and they are going to drop it but they come EVERY DAY.

Archived