[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

CA's character just frustrates me! It is bubbly but only on the surface. Independent but only on the surface.

I see her differently. since we saw in the early episodes how she was bullied so hard that she even have bruses from it. A family that never noticed her and how her school life was. it was not before her mother got a wake up call finding out her daughter was planing a suicide pact she finally saw her kid and what she had been true at school. She is used not telling her true feelings. I think CA after that did want to move on and seek a happier life as JG said in her letter. She even befriend BR and work hard to finally become police officer. We do see her at work and witness her growth there. remember her first day! But to me being bullied so hard that she have been still do have an affect years later. like she shut down  with judge hong icy words. Her sunny personality is clearly a mask for all the trauma she still struggle with and yes she do have guilt for how she could lett JG walk into the water even though she did her best saving him. Also how she lied about JG saving her. 

Beside all this I think she have nice quality too. She care for other people. like how she handle the people the meet at work. How she helped BR when he got framed. How she could see JH real character. I mean she can sees people and want to help them. 

Regarding her not saying anything about her being suspicious about Judge hongs involvement with SW and also how she got that strong feeling about JG. I think she do not want to belive it. I mean she have got to know Judge hong and also JG. So she also want to be sure it is right what she is thinking before saying anything. But that latest file she got from Dad moon I think she knows it is like a pandora box waiting to be opened. She knows it is gonna be hurtful for JH and she maybe scared how it is gonna affect him. Let see what she do when she had time to read it and proses it. Even she said that secret get reviled anyway so better being hones. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I haven't watched the episode. Could you give me some timing info on the scene in question, regarding XX trying to hide CA's info?

Ep 76 11:51-12:02

XX ordering HR to get fact check the comments on an article.  

Thank you.  

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I think that based on what JH had told CA regarding how he's harmed Kang Shi Wol and Park Kkeut Soon, and then finding out the accident in question was SW being accused of a hit and run that resulted in the vehicular manslaughter of PKS and thus going to jail, and then seeing that the Judge was the only witness to the accident, not to mention secretly sponsoring SW for all that time, yes, it's an educated guess, but CA can be pretty sure that the Judge did something shady. However, given that she has no concrete evidence regarding what the Judge actually did, she would be reluctant to voice her guesses. Especially since she's a police officer and shouldn't go about accusing anyone of anything without a concrete theory and evidence to support it.

I don't think CA is playing noble idiot. I think she's doing her job, but also not willing to put her guesses out there so that others could make assumptions and possibly act rashly.

I also think CA still has a lot of sympathy for the Judge. When all is said and done, and regardless of the circumstances that drove him to it, JG committed suicide, and his mother who loved him is a pitiable person. I don't think that CA is afraid of the Judge at all. She feels pity and sympathy for the Judge.

Your comments make a lot of sense. But I absolutely hate that CA feels so much sympathy for the judge.  If she only heard how the judge talked to her own mother!  And this judge didn't just cover up what her son did but framed SW for it.  Her son blamed himself as he thinks one of the 3 people he 'swallowed' is his mum.  When actually it is the mum who is the one who swallowed 3 people!

She jolly well is aware of it after she read JG's letter to JH.  But the way she self-righteously lashed out at CA and her mother was totally disgusting.  I hope to see the judge and her stupid sister get trampled on  - the way they so easily trample on people who displease them.  But I know it won't happen.  Only the good are trampled on.  in kdramas, the villains will always be shown forgiveness and mercy!   

5 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

@corey CA's character just frustrates me! It is bubbly but only on the surface. Independent but only on the surface. Quick to forgive but ridden by guilt, some because of her own actions and most of it for weird reasons.

They made her into a police personnel but instead of showing more character growth through some professional activity, we only see a docile side of her which just doesnt want to see the truth. Doesnt speak up, doesnt make a stance (mostly), doesnt push her family members to betterment. She doesnt try to find out about whats up in her sisters' lives but everyone feels it is their right to interfere in hers.

Absolutely concur with your opinion about CA including that of JH. Both are selfish & weak in their own ways, self interest first - their love for each other takes priority over family. Both unable to solve crimes esp CA who is a police officer, they rather focused on making love advances. CA doesnt deserve to be good officer although she is good in communication to console but her mind cannot focus, blinded by love. JH is no better, his actions are too crazy, his lover comes first over his mother cos no matter how bad his mother is, still his flesh & blood, he can have one mother but he can change wife many times, love can change too  - due to change of heart when they meet another to cheat their spouses.  I find it annoying that they had time to be engaging in kissing & hugging while others are frustrated & depressed over solving problems.  Another annoying couple is JW/SA, both divorced still playing childish games when it's a one sided love.   Anyway, this is a KOrean drama, they are acting according to the scripts hence blame the script writer with this type of weird unbecoming behaviours.  

56 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

think we're close enough to the end of this drama that they won't tear JH and CA apart at this stage for whatever reason. Both JH and CA know that they love each other, and they also know that the other person loves them as well. They don't have any doubts about that. Rather, once they realized that they loved each other, it's always been more of an issue of whether they can still be together given everything between them and their respective families. We've now watched JH's acknowledgement that being apart is worse than whatever they have to go through to be together, and we now just need CA to realize the same thing. Even with her responding to JH's kiss, however, I'm not sure whether we'll have CA's acceptance that they are better together rather than apart since CA has always liked JH and also wanted his kisses, so that hasn't changed. But whether she's succumbed to the moment for something she wants despite still thinking that they can't be together is what I'm curious about and hope to see a resolution to in next week's episodes

I’m so Glad you brought this up as I think we have a complete role reversal here. In earlier episodes we had JH in constant conflict because of his hidden identity as JG’s brother resulting in the push - pull . But interestingly , he could never really walk away then . It’s the same here now . CA can’t push JH away either but now she’s the one who holds the secret of his mum manipulating the hit & run. I wish she’d let him know what her suspicions are but I know she’d want  to spare JH of heartbreak . 

But what did give me  a lot of comfort is JH’s resolve to take things head on here . I loved it when he gently looked at her & called her name , giving her the courage to not run but face the challenges ahead .  

Honestly, I hv no idea what will happen once JH finds out about his mum’s past actions & her present scheme , but if the writer keeps JH consistent ( which I think she will ) , JH will be able to convince his mum to do the right thing . In my mind , I don’t think Judge Hong is a bad person , but what she’s doing right now is that she is desperately trying to cover the big hole she dug a Long time ago. 

Thank you,  @stroppyse, for the trans clarification and insight!  

18 minutes ago, triplem said:

I’m so Glad you brought this up as I think we have a complete role reversal here. In earlier episodes we had JH in constant conflict because of his hidden identity as JG’s brother resulting in the push - pull . But interestingly , he could never really walk away then . It’s the same here now . CA can’t push JH away either but now she’s the one who holds the secret of his mum manipulating the hit & run.

Also the fact the JH is the one doing most of the talking these days.  Who would have thought!  

JH is being unrealistically perfect in ep 75 and 76. Oh,  to be a kdrama character.  I also hope theres no more pushing and pulling from CA. Please spare us with all the heartaches.  

I was quite disappointed with CA's colleagues, at how they avoided her. Luckily Papa Mun is nice to her! Oh BTW, interesting how he managed to get the case file. I thought the corrupt lawyer had handed it to Judge Hong.

I'm sure some of you noticed it, ep 37 (of 1-hr length episode) has an extended version of the cold-butt lunch scene! (Courtesy of Judge Hong's recall of the scene.) After JH ate the sausage, he had a second round of soup from CA's bowl!

Oh I was lurking at the Oppa Spotlight page -- wow, so many pages now! The part where JH is jogging -- I remember seeing it much earlier on and wonder what purpose it served, haha. I checked it out again, and yup, it's in ep 5 (of 1-hr length episode), around the 5th minute.

Spoiler

Sharp eyes @watzdiz! Thank you .I shall go rewatch :lol:

——-////——-

What I don’t understand is how news of CA’s suicide gets out to reporters . Investigations have not even taken place plus isn’t it weird her name & station is mentioned? So did someone leak this out on purpose? Can’t be XX since she just found out ? Someone internal ? Judge Hong ?

11 hours ago, sal2 said:

I see her differently. since we saw in the early episodes how she was bullied so hard that she even have bruses from it.

Please dont get me wrong, i mean i started seeing the series because of her and how they would deal with her complicated life... but dont you think that the director/writer have made no effort to show her struggles well? Her life stopped for 10 years, should she not have had more screentime with her struggles of getting over the trauma of so many things that happened to her? Bullying leaves so many scars and so does an attempt to kill oneself. The struggles on those two counts make such interesting stories but no we dont have that except hints. 

I think my problem is with the way it has been handled. I expected more :)

3 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Please dont get me wrong, i mean i started seeing the series because of her and how they would deal with her complicated life... but dont you think that the director/writer have made no effort to show her struggles well? Her life stopped for 10 years, should she not have had more screentime with her struggles of getting over the trauma of so many things that happened to her? Bullying leaves so many scars and so does an attempt to kill oneself. The struggles on those two counts make such interesting stories but no we dont have that except hints. 

I think my problem is with the way it has been handled. I expected more :)

I see where you come from though. I guess if they had lingered longer on the past episodes we could have seen more on and how she got past this. But when we meet her again she have moved to live alone taking that exam and just living her life. I am ok with how writer handled this since her mother and also JG wanted her to move on and they never talked about it since. So CA never dealt with it and just wanted to forget it. I think stuff like this always become in the background after years as the person tray to move on. It was not before she told JH about her trauma she started to open those wound again as she wanted to tell someone. It just now we see the after affect on CA and she slowly dealing with it. like telling her story to Moon dad. We even got to see HR reaction to hearing about CA suicide attempt. So I do think we gonna see how CA gonna heal from this as she have to face it a last time. At least she have JH bay her side that gives her that support she need. Often with this type of traume some people do not have a mental reaction before years after as something trigger them. 

40 minutes ago, corey said:

And if she knows the truth, or at least strongly suspects, can she really feel pit and sympathy for the judge? Someone who in cold blood framed an orphan for the hit and run, ostensibly to protect her child? I say ostensibly, because can we be really sure that it was just to protect JG? How much of her actions were to protect herself - her position as a judge - and the company?

And also - I really, really hate her attitute. She seems like a smart woman, so she must have probably figured out from the beginning that her son commited suicide. So, to treat CA the way she treated her, she must be in massive denial. I mean, astronomical. No self -reflection whatsoever. For me, it is difficult to feel pity for such a person.

I think that if Judge Hong had done what she did with the hit-and-run for JG's future in her mind first and foremost, she would have had a serious mental breakdown once it was confirmed that JG committed suicide, and - she would start blaming herself for contributing to his death. She chose to get rid of her son's photos and blame whomever else she could instead - that's more than just being in denial. As long as JG was remembered as a hero, the Judge kept him on the altar; the moment his memory begins to threaten her position and reputation, she decides - all of a sudden - to forget abt him bc "it's too painful". Not very motherly, is it? No wonder JH doesn't buy this sudden change in his mum's attitude.

The last straw - for me - was when the Judge, furious that JH dared to stand his ground by meeting CA against her will, yelled that he should go back to wanting to spend his life alone. Would a loving mother say such a thing?

Judge H's position is obviously more important to her than: 1. integrity (that she is, as a judge, famous for, paradoxically), 2. her younger son's memory and thus - understanding the whole truth behind his untimely death, 3. her only remaining son's happiness.

I'm back from being drunk from the last scene. 

Question: 

Does CA know JH is poking his nose in SWs case as well?  

I feel like she still wont share the sealed file with him even if she knows hes helping (or whatever u wanna call it) cos if her hinge is right, that's gonna hurt JH. She cares about everyones feelings but hers. 

So me as an audience will be all frustrated again. Back to square one. 

Thanks, @watzdiz for pinpointing the JH running moment. I didnt really watch the early eps. 

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

also think CA still has a lot of sympathy for the Judge. When all is said and done, and regardless of the circumstances that drove him to it, JG committed suicide, and his mother who loved him is a pitiable person. I don't think that CA is afraid of the Judge at all. She feels pity and sympathy for the Judge.

15 hours ago, sal2 said:

But that latest file she got from Dad moon I think she knows it is like a pandora box waiting to be opened. She knows it is gonna be hurtful for JH and she maybe scared how it is gonna affect him. Let see what she do when she had time to read it and proses it. Even she said that secret get reviled anyway so better being hones. 

In the beginning she unknowing told JH that she never wanted JH and his mom to know the truth about JG death.  Despite everything that she had gone through for an decade, CA still thinks this way.  Keeping the Pandora box closed between both JH and the Judge is her way of protecting them emotionally. Since  CA had the opportunity to develop a bond with the Judge previously it does make sense she is very cautiousness.  And I do agree  of her feeling emotionally connected because of that bond. On top of that she know JH is going to be so hurt with this truth.  Someone she has come to cherish. The girl has so much on her plate right now pulling her in  emotionally in many directions.  In real life  this girl would be running up her therapy  counseling bill. (but we soompi's are doing the counseling discussion here in lieu for her :D for free so that  okay we got the bill) 

2 hours ago, sal2 said:

So CA never dealt with it and just wanted to forget it. I think stuff like this always become in the background after years as the person tray to move on. It was not before she told JH about her trauma she started to open those wound again as she wanted to tell someone. It just now we see the after affect on CA and she slowly dealing with it. like telling her story to Moon dad. We even got to see HR reaction to hearing about CA suicide attempt. So I do think we gonna see how CA gonna heal from this as she have to face it a last time. At least she have JH bay her side that gives her that support she need. Often with this type of traume some people do not have a mental reaction before years after as something trigger them.

I do see HR being an important healing resolution for CA.  HR's character has been lingering around annoying all these episodes.  But her connection to everyone else in this drama  makes it ending up being an important final key?  

42 minutes ago, lalalaelala said:

Does CA know JH is poking his nose in SWs case as well?  

I don't think so.  He is being "man ego" about it.  Trying to deal with it so CA doesnt

Instagram Updates:

Officer Kim Cheong Ah dancing.  :blush:   I think Seorina wrote , " Everyone says, It's a different day." (based on limited Korean and google translate.) ;)

Seol In Ah eating with an oppa/ big brother. I think seorina wrote, "Props should be eaten and that she is eating with a big brother." (based on limited korean and google translate.) ;)

@watzdizThat was  disappointing the way that the officers were excluding her.  The officers still looked really annoyed when JH and CA approached their table at lunch.  Just being jerks!  But Papa Mun is really nice!  I wonder if the case file that he gave to Cheong Ah is a different one than the one that the lawyer gave to the Judge.  I wonder if the detective that was in the questioning room with the judge had his own copy of the same files? 

@triplem

I love that Jun Hwi called her name too!!! :blush: And I think he will help his mom to do the right thing as well.

@lalalaelala I like that Jun Hwi is talking more now too!!! 

22 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

I think my problem is with the way it has been handled. I expected more

I understand.  But, I think similar to @sal2 I think CA hadn't fully dealt with the bullying and the suicide attempt.   Cheong Ah is very cheerful and positive but that might have been more of a coping mechanism to hide what she was really feeling inside about herself.

I think bullying and all the after effects that it causes of low self esteem, feelings of failure, the mindset that she was in, to want to commit suicide; I think all those things take such a long time to heal from.  What she went through was traumatic with being bullied for 2 years but she also experienced the trauma of seeing her friend JG pass away and trying to save him.   I think because it is a longer running drama, the writer and director had to write her story in such a way that the viewers would see CA's journey towards healing and so her story or journey of healing had to be unpacked in a subtle way.  I think that the start of her journey towards healing started when she told JH about her suicide pact... and now that she has finally said that she feels like a failure and feels like she will always fail... I think she's just getting closer and closer to finding healing and restoration.  No one wants to admit that they are a failure but that is such a raw emotion that I feel like really had to come out onto the surface for CA because she needed to find healing from that lie and burden that she has been living with all these years.    Yes, it took awhile  and though the drama isn't over yet, I think viewers will see a stronger and more confident Cheong Ah.  Although, I don't think she will have been totally healed from the trauma of what she experienced, but I think with JH's help she is on her way towards healing. 

@sal2 @sjlsjl Thank you for putting some thoughts of trauma graciously, to put a light onto CA as a character and also something that happens in real life. Often it's easy to be put off by characters when they fail to learn, in this case, CA but I find her character quite close to what in reality a person would go through from traumatic experiences. There's just different level of tolerance, patience or intervention that people around someone like her could cope with. Most of them are also in fear to face the truth yet they paint a different story to her so with this imbalance, I understand why she is who she is today. What she portray on the surface is justified so far because of the kind of people that surrounds her especially now. In this case, I would say her family is the main cluster of people who played a huge role. If she had lived on her own (perhaps she did get better when she was staying alone and was close to BR) till now, whether she ended up with JH or not, she could have handled some situations differently. It'll be interesting to see how the writer will show us CA's journey to healing right about this time which can bring about the people around her, especially her family, to start taking the step to face the fear as well. 

15 hours ago, watzdiz said:

In my opinion, CA's source of strength (and healing) before she met JH for the second time was Jun Gyum, Baek Rim and Anne of Green Gables! :D

True! Poor BR , completely sidelined .. he has more scenes with JH than with her  . :lol: I miss the JG magical moments. It always came to her when she was at her lowest . How I see it is that Jun Hwi  is JG’s way of keeping his promise to always look out for her . Also ,  I do appreciate that JH knows the book as much as she does - he understands her mindset & the dreamer in her .  (  I wonder what happened to the worry doll . ) 

I was just rewatching on Kocowa of their 1st encounter & look at how far they have come ...

Spoiler

By the way ,  this Kocowa cut gives a very good close up of the kiss  ( and their skin:D) & they magnified the ending scene . They truly participated in the session . Winks . Also KJY’s veiny hands . ....

Spoiler

Archived