[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay I watched the first 2 episodes and this is such a weird tone for a weekend drama. it was like the PD couldn't decide if he wanted melo or the usual cheerful weekend vibe and so you have this weird mashup between the two sisters segments. 

On 10/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, marrez1 said:

I dread the coming love story between KCA and the  lead male

yup, I definitely don't want chung ah and soldier boy to get together because that's just awful awful awful twist of fate. this isn't one of those "lets forgive each other" because no matter what, at the end of the day, they will be haunted by the weight of that boy's death. so any romance is a bad, bad, bad idea.

haven't watched this week's episode but I had a different take from the rest of the thread. didn't really feel like chung ah was innocent and had no role in the suicide. people's perspective would heavily be influenced by the laws in your country as well as how suicide is viewed and the roles other people play in such scenarios. so, they had made plans to do a suicide pact together. it was not like she had dissuaded him to make a different choice. he basically decided to do it alone leaving her but whether she was completely innocent is debatable. maybe 50-60% innocent only? could also understand the mom's panicked reactions. even if the law found her innocent, society wouldn't necessarily. the label and humiliation would be hard to take...

so was looking forward to this drama based on the posters and synopsis thinking it was a light usual weekend drama. instead this feels way, way, way way too heavy for me to watch. I watch dramas to relax at the moment and so dropping the drama.

A few thoughts

Once again, we have a drama addressing the issue of suicide in SK and how often the families look at it from a selfish point of view. It really bothered me when CA's mom showed up and kept saying she had to lie about JK because "his mother" would not be able to handle the fact that he committed suicide. I kept thinking what about your daughter? She is in this situation right now because she wanted to commit suicide. Unfortunately, she ended up being left alone and having to deal with JK's death and last words. Also, how would CA's mom know what JK's mom would feel or think? 

Furthermore, CA, as a kid still in high school should not have been expected to carry a lie of this magnitude all the while dealing with the fact that she tried to kill herself. I was so bothered by her mother's quick thinking to discard evidence of the planned suicide and then taking JK's phone and even forcing CA to call it in. I kept wondering when she was going to ask her child why she wanted to kill herself, but she never did. The truth will inevitably come out. I keep thinking of the lady that checked them into the room. All of the people that probably saw them at that train stop. For all we know, someone saw him walking into that water alone. The truth re: his suicide is going to come to light and mommy dearest will have to come to terms with it.

As far as the older sister, I am not bothered by her desire to marry well. Look at her parents. Her father sits around at home all day doing absolutely nothing but being gross and then ordering her mother around like she is the help. She is deathly afraid of ending up like her mother. She is probably traumatized by it. All the mother does is passive aggressively curse the father in her head or takes it out on CA. This is survival for the older sister. She is probably thinking even if the marriage doesn't work out, she can get a decent settlement and live her life on her terms. To her, anything is better than living in poverty with a man that cannot take care of her or support her like her mother.

20 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

A few thoughts

Once again, we have a drama addressing the issue of suicide in SK and how often the families look at it from a selfish point of view. It really bothered me when CA's mom showed up and kept saying she had to lie about JK because "his mother" would not be able to handle the fact that he committed suicide. I kept thinking what about your daughter? She is in this situation right now because she wanted to commit suicide. Unfortunately, she ended up being left alone and having to deal with JK's death and last words. Also, how would CA's mom know what JK's mom would feel or think? 

The way I see it, when CA’s mum told her to consider how JK’s mother would not be able to handle his suicide, I don’t think she was genuinely concerned about his mum. It didn’t even matter if his mum really felt that way or not. At that point in time, she was concerned only for her daughter to not be implicated by the “suicide” and because CA appeared to be uncomfortable with lying, she had to find a way to convince her to go along with her story, and thus she came up with that “concern” as a reason to convince CA, because if CA believes it would make things better for his mum, she might at least go along with the story.

If she didn’t appear to care about why her daughter was contemplating suicide at that point in time, that’s likely because her maternal protective instinct was at work then. Her utmost priority is to ensure her daughter is safe and that she escapes unscathed from this whole episode. At that point in time, survival comes first and her daughter needs her help. She has to take charge and act in whatever way to save her daughter from the “mess” and that’s not the time to be asking why she was contemplating suicide, because she was obviously not thinking about it anymore, at least not at that point in time. Asking for the reason is not going to solve anything. They needed to think and act fast, not waste time on the “non-urgent” stuff.

One of the cast members has left the drama.  The person who was orginally cast to play the youngest sister has left the show and been replaced by a new actress. I don't think the person has even appeared yet in the drama since we are still focused on the past, and the youngest sister is still like 10 years old.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358407wpp/clcs-eunbin-steps-down-from-kbs-drama-beautiful-love-wonderful-life

@triplem Thanks for the recap:wub:.

Well, that's one way to find out your husband is cheating on you with his secretary. Poor brother as well. But I wonder, what SA was doing in the hospital in the first place? Was she there for Gyn appointment? Because I saw a pregnant lady sitting on a chair beside the room she came from. But then again, SA can't be pregnant.

Today's episode wasn't as dark and Melo as the previous ones lol. Now, I can watch it lol:mrgreen:.

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

yes , the tonne has changed! Seems like we're back to bright lights and a more hopeful tone! 

SA , yes I was also wondering what she was doing at the gynae when she received the call about Do Jin. But i was surprised how quickly an affair was thrown into the picture. This drama is running on steroids. Maybe it is to lay the foundation for Moon TR and SA love line.

Bright and hopeful, exactly:thumbsup::tongue:. It was too stressful lol:lol:.

This is the first drama that I remember which showed people who are cheating and getting caught by their spouse on the same episode lol. That was way too fast :lol:.

SA can't be pregnant unless she was doing an IVF treatment which I highly doubt it.

Indeed, KJY looking good with his hair down like:phew:.

6 hours ago, marrez1 said:

maybe for the new family  ( Moon Tae Rang and his siblings ) the mother was one of the people that JH's brother killed in the car accident

Now that you mentioned it, it sounds possible, because I remember one of the names JG mentioned to CA had Moon as the last name (or did my memory fail me?), and kdramas love such "connections"...

@triplem, I was actually surprised by DJ. He knew how mercenary SA was before he married her but it seemed that he was hoping that she would learn to love him. Under the circumstances, I like him more than her. He seems love starved but extremely patient with her. I think that’s what surprises me most about him. It’s painfully obvious that she only does her duty as his wife but she doesn’t love him and he admitted as much. I’m actually hoping that he will eventually divorce her and find someone who cares about him and not just his money. I also hope the writer doesn’t turn him into huge jerk. 

I’m hoping that CA finally passes her exam this year. ^_^ Fighting!

46 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@triplem, I was actually surprised by DJ. He knew how mercenary SA was before he married her but it seemed that he was hoping that she would learn to love him. Under the circumstances, I like him more than her. He seems love starved but extremely patient with her. I think that’s what surprises me most about him. It’s painfully obvious that she only does her duty as his wife but she doesn’t love him and he admitted as much. I’m actually hoping that he will eventually divorce her and find someone who cares about him and not just his money. I also hope the writer doesn’t turn him into huge jerk. 

We must stop finding excuses to cheating, he had only not to marry her. It's a shame

And the writers who said that would be stories different from other drama ? So SA will get in a relationship with the woman's brother who wants to steal her husband, is it really original? I wonder if it's me or so it happens so much in Korea:joy::bawling:

1 minute ago, marrez1 said:

We must stop finding excuses to cheating, he had only not to marry her. It's a shame

And the writers who said that would be stories different from other drama ? So SA will get in a relationship with the woman's brother who wants to steal her husband, is it really original? I wonder if it's me or so it happens so much in Korea:joy::bawling:

Where did I make excuse for cheating? -_- I clearly said I hope he divorces his mercenary wife and finds somebody who cares for him.

Quite frankly, while watching the episodes yesterday I was wistful that he and his wife could work out their issues but it is painfully clear SA has absolutely no interest in the man except as her meal ticket for a lifetime of luxury. Even worse, she wants to bring an innocent child into the mix when, IMO, a stable, loving and healthy relationship between parents provides the best home for a child. 

I don’t agree with the Moon sister going after DJ. I feel embarrassed for her brother and father having to face this development.

I think the  plot's the same as other dramas of this type. The lives of the main cast will be intertwined. But I'll continue to watch for Kim Jae-Young and Seol In-A.

Although the MIL is annoying with here hysterics, you can see that she truly loves her son. SA on the other hand does not even shed a single tear, which is why her MIL despises her. She only likes herself and the money that came with the man she married. I mean, she could have enjoyed the wealth and the other trimmings without being a b*****. She doesn't have any love cells in her entire body. Imagine even asking her god to kill the two comatose patients!

Sorry to the fans of Jo Yoon-Hee, but I find her 1D. She's only got one expression - angry. We see a few female stars in current dramas right now who have frozen faces such as KSA (Secret Boutique) and LSH (Graceful Family). 

Cheong A's dad is pathetic. Her wife said that he clung to whatever past glory he had until he was 32 and has been a useless man for 38 years. He said he cannot go to work because he's Kim Young-Woong...as in...

But Cheong A has been continuously studying for the exam for 7 years straight. She should have memorized those books by now. She's got a big heart but the size of her brain is something else, hahaha.

Judge Yoo Ra allowed Jin Woo's mom and her son to manage the company, Inter-Market for her. But now she's become greedy and wants her son to have sole control over it, that's why she's jealous and wary of Joon Hwi. On the other hand, Joon Hwi, who's supposed to be abler and more intelligent than Jin Woo, wanted to start from the bottom, joining the company as a coordinator (reminiscent of Mother of Mine).

Archived