[Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀

larus

The love wrectangle and the kiss prediction  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Seol Ah end up with ?

• Tae Rang ! The poster says it all . TR is a complete sweetheart, he made her a better person and the feelings are mutual.
    • Jin Woo ! 10 years of marriage , deep remorse & repentance, 200% effort . Deep down SA just needed to realise she loves him too.
    • Men ? Who needs them ? She should just focus on her career... ( please don't kill me dear male viewers :D)
    • Let's not waste their chemistry - I think Jin Woo and Tae Rang should be the end game.
  2. 2. How many more kisses will we get from Jun Hwi and Chung Ah?

• This is a family drama...so we will be lucky to get one more...
    • What ?! With their chemistry , there would be at least two more.
    • The power of positive thinking - one every weekend! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 10:55 AM

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

or the Video & true of once in kdrama & dad done right thing  

I was quite surprised TBH. I thought they might drag that bit out , but I am glad this whole Baek Rim being made the scapegoat angle is wrapped up. I am not 100 % sure if the cop dad gave the chip with the video to JH or JH just took it because it was not explicitly shown.  The 5th video  shows JH looking at the chip before contacting CA. Last (6th) video, he had impeccable timing :w00t: of calling the aunt just as she was bulldozing SA & CA around. 

Spoiler

@hell59 I don't use Viki where I stay as it is not available . Try writing to them here and see if they can help you 

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hell59, perhaps look on the drama show comments page to see if others are experiencing problems with Viki. I watch this show on Kocowa so I don’t know about any issues on Viki with this drama.

@triplem, many thanks for today’s recap. They’re always like an appetizer for me. As always I’m really invested in the development between Joon Hwi and Chung Ah. I’m very happy to hear that Baek Rim can finally begin to move on from the accident. JH might have been initially standoffish but I love that he stands for what is true and right. I’m also glad that he’s slowly warming up to CA :wub: and now there seems to be some improvement with his mom. :wub:

As to the bully, if a confrontation or resolution is still needed, I hope CA will be the one to stand up for herself. When she needed help from the people in her family, they failed her terribly. Yes, even after it was revealed, they didn’t do a thing so hopefully this time it’s Chung Ah who will bring a conclusion to this.

Major correction - CA did delete the video when Double x asked her too but only because JH told her he had the accident footage & will take care of it . 
JH ask the aunt what she’d do . And he told the aunt he isn’t going to take over Jin Woo’s place , so she can be assured. But she said he was truly sincere he should leave . He says he will after he finds someone . ( nooooo , I want him to take over the family business) .  So I Guess it’s a compromise of sorts , BR won’t get blamed  ( earlier according to SA , BR had said he was willing to settle if he was not the one to blame) . Aunt quickly just got reporters to write that JW got into an accident. She wanted the focus to be on his condition rather then on how the accident happened. 

8 hours ago, triplem said:

I was quite surprised TBH. I thought they might drag that bit out , but I am glad this whole Baek Rim being made the scapegoat angle is wrapped up. I am not 100 % sure if the cop dad gave the chip with the video to JH or JH just took it because it was not explicitly shown.  The 5th video  shows JH looking at the chip before contacting CA. Last (6th) video, he had impeccable timing :w00t: of calling the aunt just as she was bulldozing SA & CA around. 

Reveal hidden contents

@hell59 I don't use Viki where I stay as it is not available . Try writing to them here and see if they can help you 

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us

Thank you!

8 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@hell59, perhaps look on the drama show comments page to see if others are experiencing problems with Viki. I watch this show on Kocowa so I don’t know about any issues on Viki with this drama.

@triplem, many thanks for today’s recap. They’re always like an appetizer for me. As always I’m really invested in the development between Joon Hwi and Chung Ah. I’m very happy to hear that Baek Rim can finally begin to move on from the accident. JH might have been initially standoffish but I love that he stands for what is true and right. I’m also glad that he’s slowly warming up to CA :wub: and now there seems to be some improvement with his mom. :wub:

As to the bully, if a confrontation or resolution is still needed, I hope CA will be the one to stand up for herself. When she needed help from the people in her family, they failed her terribly. Yes, even after it was revealed, they didn’t do a thing so hopefully this time it’s Chung Ah who will bring a conclusion to this.

Thank you!

@Ameera Ali I laughed my head off when he was so proud of the fact that he was also her 1st love ! 

He didn’t wanna hang up :lol: . Lol! I wonder what else he was hoping to hear 

@celebrianna as much as I hate double X , she did say the truth about JH not being there for his mum the last 9 years . That pricked his conscience and he knew he needed to make up to mum 

So in last night's episodes (29-30), we learn why JH came back to Korea. It is to look for JG's "girlfriend" and find out the reason why JG made the choice to end his life. Because only then can he finally let go.

I wonder if in the next episodes (31-32) JH will finally make the CA-JG connection. @triplem I remember some stills you posted where JH and CA are having some serious conversation. They are wearing the same clothes from their coffee "date." That must be after JH visits CA's house and finds out that SA and CA are sisters.

Now that JH is going to find out that SA and CA are sisters, there is a big possibility for JH to make the connection very soon. In ep23, JH learns from the detective that SA may be related to the girl he is looking for.

Also, in earlier episodes, we're shown hints that JH is starting to connect CA to JG. Towards the end of ep18, when CA called him up, he looked surprised as if he was recognizing some other familiar name.

NrVHiM6.gif

We know that from ep7 (at JG's wake), JH already learned about CA when he saw CA’s name tag among JG’s things.

eC2r3O0.png

Nine years later, he already forgot the name Kim Cheong Ah, so he asked the detective handling JG’s case (ep16). The detective was not sure and gave him possible names only. JH went to CA's high school and checked the yearbook, but since CA dropped out, he couldn’t find her in the list.

When JH was on his way to meet CA at the Han River, he was reciting possible names that sounded like the name in his memory. He ended with Kim Cheong Ah. Later, he asked CA which high school she graduated from (which CA found too odd to answer).

0U3fMJn.gif

Spoiler

Z6Vz8DS.gif

Now that CA has her book back 29 eps later, I'm wondering if the other item she left on the train will have any significance to the story. At first I thought it was a note, but rewatching that scene, it looks something like a lip balm. If that's the case then perhaps I don't have to wonder about it anymore...

Spoiler

nt78lJF.png

@princessaves thanks for connecting the dots . I do think it won’t be long before JH realises that CA is JG’s friend whom he “saved”. Yes that pic I posted ( reposted below in spoiler  ) will happen after the coffee date when he goes look for Yeon Ah to talk to her about the sponsorship. Unlike his mum though , I don’t think he will be able to accept his bro’s death was an accident . I see CA’s sad expression. Gahhh lots of angst ahead . 

Spoiler

What I am very curious about is the timeline . This is 2018 . They will hv to bring it to the present time line of 2019. Will there be a time jump ? 

Stills for tonight 

Food truck support for Yoon Park

Think I’ll be late in recapping tonight as I’ll be out . So hang on 

edit to add - they finally released the full ost . The accompanying MV made me cry a river 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

What I am very curious about is the timeline . This is 2018 . They will hv to bring it to the present time line of 2019. Will there be a time jump ? 

There might be a time jump for the ending. SA will get divorced (or maybe her husband will not wake up anymore). That's enough time for her to move on with her life and perhaps get together with TR? That time jump may also be necessary for Judge Hong and Junhwi to fully heal. Which is also in time for the 10th anniversary of JG's death. By then, JH could have decided to either go back to his law studies, be the CEO of Inter Market, of head the sports department.

Oh my... I cried buckets watching that MV, too. Reminded me of the first three episodes when I couldn't stop crying the whole time.

This episode is full of forward movement and revelation!

omg, CA is so brave told JH about that night and why she did hide the truth about JG.  and he connected the dot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrG2K8XZ9Ag&t=

Also he is going to Spain... double x made a condition for dropping false charge against BR. But I wonder if he really gonna go, or something gonna make him stay. time will tell. But this could be how we gonna get a time skip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebZ9EBWwyBw&t=

SA and TR  grow even more closer. 

SA mother knows about HR.

Jin woo waked up!

Did Jun-hwi just have two big revelations in a day? Why doesn't mom want him to meet with Cheong-ah? Now that he found out that it's CA that JG was with after all, did he get scared to find out why JG killed himself? What's with this talk of Spain and what will make him stay? Is the time jump really happening this early? Ah, so many questions and we have 68(+) episodes left. Lol

LoL @Ameera Ali You are correct that Double X likes to see everything as a race. I didn’t notice this till you pointed it out. I guess that is a good explanation of her character. Like I said I also wasn’t surprised by her double standards and was even expecting it I was actually wondering how her mind works which you explained perfectly. You are also correct she should just wash her hands from that family and let the mistress try and live her dream job. Pretty sure that even she will be packing her bags shortly since nobody would want a MiL from hell. Actually with her nature I won’t be surprised if she ends up being kicked out of hell since even they wont be able to handle her over there. She can proudly claim that she was the first person to leave hell. The reason why she would probably be making a fuss over there is that she would have been irked that she didn’t get first entrance to hell and that nobody knew that she was supposed to be a VIP over there.

Spoiler

Am really enjoying how the families are slowly starting to reconnect with each other. Way to go sisters and even Dead Beat Dad. Clearly all that housework seems to be helping him become a different person. But other than that the truth is also slowly becoming exposed or people are becoming suspicious. In the last episode the Judge felt that Seol Ah was probably trying to hide something from her but she is still polite enough not to pry into the matter. Though I do feel that she will feel the most betrayed from both sisters when she discovers the truth. She was kind to both of them and took their side when they didn’t have anyone else and they hid the fact that the sisters were related. She might even think that they were making fun of her secretly.

Poor Secretary she is getting beat up by everyone. Karma is slowly catching up to her. Come to think about it do we know for a fact that Dojin was driving the car. The Secretary tells Chef that she was even considering lying to the cops and even claim that she was the one driving so that Dojin wouldn’t get into trouble. Perhaps while talking with him when she was driving he informs her that she is nothing but an itch to scratch which makes her quite mad and tells him that if she can’t have him nobody else can and causes that accident. From what we saw from the black box recording the car deliberately swerved to hit the truck that was parked for some time. It didn’t seem to me like the car was going to fast that it could have skidded and caused an accident like that. Something is up. But it does seem like the Secretary is using it to her advantage. Perhaps she hopes that if the Seol Ah is kicked out of that house then Dojin would be forced to marry her especially if she can get Double X on her side. Unfortunately, she is still an idiot. She can clearly see that nobody is welcoming her from that family. The Aunt is clearly on Seol Ah’s side and her son is probably going to have a similar reaction. This means that only Double X will be supporting her but the moment she loses it she will have nothing. Is it all worth it she should be asking herself?

So it seems like Double X is finally telling her that she will kick out Seol Ah and accept her as a DiL. This means that she will do more bad things to cover up Double X’s crimes and all. Her family really needs to get her under control.

As for Soldier I really hope that he doesn’t heed his Aunt’s advice and decide to leave town till his cousin revives and that will happen after a year. He might need to do that to get over Cheong Ah’s involvement in his brother’s incident and all. We have already seen him try to hid some document from his mother and the way he was acting towards her like trying to do a few of her requests on the weekend seems like he is trying to tie up things for the time being before he leaves as he promised his aunt. But this might be put on hold once he discovers that Cheong Ah was the same girl that knew his brother.

In this episode we also saw that he found out that those two were sisters and he wonders why nobody informed him or rather why Seol Ah has been hiding this fact. It will be interesting as to what Cheong Ah reveals to him I doubt that she will tell him the truth because it is a bit too early for him to discover it until another 15 episodes or so. Plus, she has no real reason to tell him this. To her it doesn’t concern him. As to why he might be angry and she assumes this is that since he works at Inter Market he probably knows the boss and their family (atleast by reputation) so that is why he knows that she is lying but like I said it shouldn’t be any of his concern. If she knows the truth, then she will definitely avoid informing him. I would say that she might think of breaking up with him but since they aren’t a couple yet there is nothing to break up.

As for the fact that Cheong Ah was ready to delete the audio recording (no video) and thus destroy the evidence she was probably hoping that it wouldn’t matter all that much since she had sent one to Seol Ah as well. So she could have used that later on if Soldier failed. I really hope that they have kept copies of those recordings to use against Double X at some later point. Then again they might think that they don’t need it now since she has been forced to drop the case. But did anybody notice that this team up against her was actually so good that Double X barely held her own. Had Cheong Ah continued to hold her ground she would have to give in. We saw that the moment the two sisters left she nearly lost all the strength in her legs and it was fortunate that there was a seat nearby. If these two sisters continue to team up like that she will have no chance against the Kim family. Infact she might decide to leave town for her own sanity.

Poor little sister found out that her father sold her precious medal. Atleast the dad seemed to apologize for doing so and he gave his reasons of why he didn’t want her to become a tennis player. Hopefully she can prove him wrong. I guess with Soldiers backing her dream may come true so I guess there is that silver lining in all of this. I did find it amusing of how Secretaries Dad tried to defend his daughters actions and of how she must have lied due to pressure from the Senior Management (or Double X) and not done so out of her own violation. Bet he still thinks of her as his little angel and he can’t even dream that she used to be a bully in the past which nearly led another girl to end her life.

Speaking of Cheong Ah I was wondering if anyone noticed the reporter back in the day. This was when Cheong Ah decided to turn herself in before being informed that the Judge asked the case to be shut down. At that time there was a female reporter at the station. My question is that the same reporter that was seen in the last episode as well. The one that had actually written an article on Double X and her abuse of power. Perhaps she will remember Cheong Ah as well. Since she might see her with Soldier she might bring up her showing up at the police station at night and question her infront of Soldier thus allowing them to connect the dots and realize who each other really are.

As I mentioned that I like the fact that the sisters are finally bonding again and each sister is trying to look out for the other. So what is Seol Ah’s reaction going to be like when she discovers how Double X treated Seol Ah at the funeral. Probably this also means that Dojin never revealed this fact to her as well. We saw how she went ballistic towards the bully when she will discover the truth in today’s episode. So what will she be like towards Double X when she learns of her actions. I doubt that she can do anything to her because then Double X will have a reason to kick her out. Unless that is okay with Seol Ah. As for her mother I really wish she beat up Double X as well and not just the Secretary.

Sorry have to rush for the time being so will end this post here. Will be back when I get the time. Take Care All of you and keep posting.

Thanks @sal2 for the recaps .  Yes ,I think there is going to be a time jump where JH goes to Spain .  But good news ...CA passed her exam , she’s going to be a cop @princessaves !
this scene 

. @Bejaffled this show kills me sometimes. They give you sweet moments like this , then they stab you later with some angst :lol:

@Ameera Ali he grabbed her hand back :love:

Basically from what I understand from this scene after coffee , they were saying their goodbyes . She mentioned something about how happy she was that she met soldier ahjussi ( in an earlier cut after he mentioned to stop calling him  ahjussi  , she had to correct herself :lol:...he wants them to be same level like friends ) . He mentioned to that he was leaving , and wish her well as a future cop . They shook hands , then they realised it was quite a long hand shake. She pulled back . He grabbed it back , mention something about what a waste to have to say goodbye to someone so beautiful ( I think so ) ...I melted 

The cut here , he is basically asking her what is it that her sister is hiding that she had to disown her family . And CA told him the truth about her past mistake . my Korean is too limited to fully understand if she mentioned about the suicide pact - but she did mention that she had to hide the truth so as not to affect her sis future & not to hurt JG’s mother & bro ! So JH knew CA Is the girl he has been looking for . So he knows the truth ( bro killed himself ) but CA is not aware that he is the brother 

( you’ll cry here with CA) 

I think there will have to be a time jump for him to heal , go back to law I suppose and for our CA to become a cop 

31 minutes ago, princessaves said:

Did Jun-hwi just have two big revelations in a day? Why doesn't mom want him to meet with Cheong-ah? Now that he found out that it's CA that JG was with after all, did he get scared to find out why JG killed himself? What's with this talk of Spain and what will make him stay? Is the time jump really happening this early? Ah, so many questions and we have 68(+) episodes left. Lol

now that Jin woo is awake and consider it was double x condition for dropping charger for false accusation having him going to Spain. I hope JW gonna clear things up regarding that accident and therefor Jun whi do not need to go. but man have allot on his plait to fix. not gonna be a peaceful recovery for him.  

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

@triplem I am melting too :wub: , what about cat fight :mrgreen: any one lose there hair or teeth set  :joy: 

Haha . The mum slap Hae Rang hard . What happened was that earlier , her bro Tae Rang gave a resignation letter on her behalf to Double- X and of course Double x went to see HR . She asked her to choose btwn her obeying  brother or  be with her boss / lover JW .  She promised to make HR the wife once she gets SA & JW to divorce . SA mum hears all this and comes into to slap her as per preview . After some Long exchanges , the mum realise about the affair . Think the mum also confronted her about being the one to bully  CA. She really wanted to slap the girl again when she seems so unrepentant, cuz she loves JW or something.  Shortly after when SA arrived at the hospital the mum tells SA to leave this awful ppl . She cannot bear to see her daughter suffer . So SA now knows that mum is aware of the husband affair. 
@nohamahamoud2002So TR went to the chapel to get some rest . He was somewhat expecting ( subconsciously)  to see SA there . I believe he’s already attracted to her . He lays down to rest & SA comes in ( did not see him ) . She prayed & cried out aloud that she was feeling so sorry that her mum had to suffer emotionally like that.  ( hearing about the affair & seeing her dayghter being mistreated) . Then TR walks up to her , says some stuff to encourage her he was about to hold her arm but held back . Then he ask to take her somewhere where she could just forget about all this / free her mind a bit . She did . Even ask should he or she drive . He drove her to a nice place to fish & relax . Taught  her to meditate . Then later after she relaxed & was at ease, he was happy . Then she asked him if he liked her . Lol! He says something like what if it was the case. She was taken aback . He then realised he may hv crossed the line & says quickly he just wants them to be friends. When she hesitated , he was it’s alright then . Immediately , she says yes let’s be friends! :wub:

omg , I think I ship them too . I was so worried if I’d like her , but seeing her change has helped and also because of Tae Rang , that I can see how it is possible. He’s such a sweetheart 

https://youtu.be/fYgBd9ve06E

But  Double x Is trying to get SA to sign the divorce papers just as JW  wakes up ! 

seems like no preview tonight. Think drama will move forward to next phase 

1.jpg

2.jpg

I enjoy impossible love :) 

while they were fishing, I think he offered her friendship and she accepted his offer, mentioning words "chingu, and honja (alone), so I think she feels lonely??)

lol @triplem you are a mind reader, I am just writing the same thing as you :D 

Korean lessons are working lol, I caught the word "choayo = like", honja = alone and chingu :D 

@triplem I cried with CA when she passed the exam. Finally, she's on her way to rebuilding her life...

There's something in me that doesn't want the time jump to happen this early. JH needs to know the circumstances behind his brother's suicide first. I think it's important for the whole truth to come out first, including his mom's role in JG's decision before healing for JH can truly happen. Right now, my guess is that he thinks mom is hiding something about JG.

In ep.18, he overheard mom on the phone asking about some release date, and he took note of this. In ep.8, when JH learned that it was suicide (from JG's letter), he must have thought about that hospital receipt mom was trying to hide. 

Also, just my hunch but in some of his more serious conversations, his words seemed loaded. It's as if he was talking about something more.

JH to CA (eps21-22): "If the truth is distorted, your life gets distorted, too. I just don't like that."

JH to his aunt (eps23-24): "You're covering, concealing, and framing as you want. What do you think Jin-u will say when he wakes up... Will he compliment you? Will he thank you? No. He won't even be able to ask you in case you get hurt. Knowing that it's wrong. Knowing his life and everyone's life are twisted, he will have to act like he doesn't know. Aunt, make it right while you still can."

*JH to dad cop (ep29): "Parents think that they know their children the best, but they know nothing when it comes to their children."

Once JH finds out what mom did to cover up JG’s hit and run, it’s sure going to hurt their relationship. And healing will have to involve forgiving mom.

@yamiyugi, I noticed that same reporter, too. I think she's going to have a big role in uncovering the truth.

Archived