Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

6 hours ago, marrez1 said:

maybe for the new family  ( Moon Tae Rang and his siblings ) the mother was one of the people that JH's brother killed in the car accident

Now that you mentioned it, it sounds possible, because I remember one of the names JG mentioned to CA had Moon as the last name (or did my memory fail me?), and kdramas love such "connections"...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

After watching with subs , some things I should highlight

Seol Ah is desperately wanting to carry DJ’s son so that it will secure her place . I think she & DJ are not intimate , so she’s resorting to artificial insemination What DJ really wants from SA is her love , he has her physically but not her heart . So his affair with his secretary is likely a consequence of his needs ( not necessarily physical) not being fulfilled. 

From Joon Hwi ‘s conversation with his mum, you can tell the brother’s letter had a great impact on how he’s been living his life. Seems like he did not pursue a career in law & now he just builds a wall around himself to cope with his brother’s suicide. Funnily it’s Chung Ah who’s  coping much better & it’s made her stronger and more determined. I cannot wait for further development between the two . 

stills for tonight 

Spoiler

Preview

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

@triplem, I was actually surprised by DJ. He knew how mercenary SA was before he married her but it seemed that he was hoping that she would learn to love him. Under the circumstances, I like him more than her. He seems love starved but extremely patient with her. I think that’s what surprises me most about him. It’s painfully obvious that she only does her duty as his wife but she doesn’t love him and he admitted as much. I’m actually hoping that he will eventually divorce her and find someone who cares about him and not just his money. I also hope the writer doesn’t turn him into huge jerk. 

I’m hoping that CA finally passes her exam this year. ^_^ Fighting!

• Like 3
  • Love 4

At the end scene today, what did the doctor say about JW that the mother and wife were so shocked? How about the secretary?

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@triplem, I was actually surprised by DJ. He knew how mercenary SA was before he married her but it seemed that he was hoping that she would learn to love him. Under the circumstances, I like him more than her. He seems love starved but extremely patient with her. I think that’s what surprises me most about him. It’s painfully obvious that she only does her duty as his wife but she doesn’t love him and he admitted as much. I’m actually hoping that he will eventually divorce her and find someone who cares about him and not just his money. I also hope the writer doesn’t turn him into huge jerk. 

We must stop finding excuses to cheating, he had only not to marry her. It's a shame

And the writers who said that would be stories different from other drama ? So SA will get in a relationship with the woman's brother who wants to steal her husband, is it really original? I wonder if it's me or so it happens so much in Korea:joy::bawling:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, marrez1 said:

We must stop finding excuses to cheating, he had only not to marry her. It's a shame

And the writers who said that would be stories different from other drama ? So SA will get in a relationship with the woman's brother who wants to steal her husband, is it really original? I wonder if it's me or so it happens so much in Korea:joy::bawling:

Where did I make excuse for cheating? -_- I clearly said I hope he divorces his mercenary wife and finds somebody who cares for him.

Quite frankly, while watching the episodes yesterday I was wistful that he and his wife could work out their issues but it is painfully clear SA has absolutely no interest in the man except as her meal ticket for a lifetime of luxury. Even worse, she wants to bring an innocent child into the mix when, IMO, a stable, loving and healthy relationship between parents provides the best home for a child. 

I don’t agree with the Moon sister going after DJ. I feel embarrassed for her brother and father having to face this development.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Is it me, or all of the family drama as of late have pathetic-weakling men as the head of the house hold (I'm referring to Cheong Ah's dad). The nine year time jump was too much.  I think I will hold off watching this drama for awhile.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

I think the  plot's the same as other dramas of this type. The lives of the main cast will be intertwined. But I'll continue to watch for Kim Jae-Young and Seol In-A.

Although the MIL is annoying with here hysterics, you can see that she truly loves her son. SA on the other hand does not even shed a single tear, which is why her MIL despises her. She only likes herself and the money that came with the man she married. I mean, she could have enjoyed the wealth and the other trimmings without being a b*****. She doesn't have any love cells in her entire body. Imagine even asking her god to kill the two comatose patients!

Sorry to the fans of Jo Yoon-Hee, but I find her 1D. She's only got one expression - angry. We see a few female stars in current dramas right now who have frozen faces such as KSA (Secret Boutique) and LSH (Graceful Family). 

Cheong A's dad is pathetic. Her wife said that he clung to whatever past glory he had until he was 32 and has been a useless man for 38 years. He said he cannot go to work because he's Kim Young-Woong...as in...

But Cheong A has been continuously studying for the exam for 7 years straight. She should have memorized those books by now. She's got a big heart but the size of her brain is something else, hahaha.

Judge Yoo Ra allowed Jin Woo's mom and her son to manage the company, Inter-Market for her. But now she's become greedy and wants her son to have sole control over it, that's why she's jealous and wary of Joon Hwi. On the other hand, Joon Hwi, who's supposed to be abler and more intelligent than Jin Woo, wanted to start from the bottom, joining the company as a coordinator (reminiscent of Mother of Mine).

• Like 6
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I’m hoping that CA finally passes her exam this year. ^_^ Fighting!

Same here. DJ must have thought he could change her - I remember him mentioning that in some earlier eps , he’ll make her fall in love with him . It must be frustrating that it has not happened. But I do like him a bit better then SA . I find SA a very difficult person to have any empathy for - not shocking that she disowned her family to marry him . But she could hv secretly financially supported them if she even had one ounce of concern for them . They will need to do some major character “surgery “ on her before I can even see her pairing up with Yoon Park’s character ( in the character chart they hv a love line ) . I warmed up quickly to him , also the Moon family men. 

11 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

DJW's mom is getting on my nerves. Is she supposed to be funny?  But Kim Seora is a good counterpart to her

Over the episodes I can’t decide if I hate her more or CA’s dad . But last night CA’s dad won my most hated trophy for being a useless jobless parasite for  38 years . The last straw was him berating & putting CA down . At least DJ’s mum loves him . You’re right SA can stand up to her , I cracked up at the part she asked  her MIL to pull her up. 

I enjoyed last night’s episodes . Thought there was good chemistry in the lead’s interactions & some questions answered . I can understand the cynicism and aloofness in Joon Hwi’s responses to the people around him . He’s not been able to accept that JK’s death  was a heroic one - he  has not had closure .  The bro’s letter to him , his mum ‘s reaction to the medical receipt at the funeral cast doubts . I am assuming he was probably just been paralysed by it & finally decided to return to SK to find out the truth . Interesting he tells aunt his decision to not pursue law & come back to the family business is fate . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, chubbz said:

Now that you mentioned it, it sounds possible, because I remember one of the names JG mentioned to CA had Moon as the last name (or did my memory fail me?), and kdramas love such "connections"...

My memory failed me... There was no Moon. One Park and one Kang... but they could be relatives still... Hmm

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, chubbz said:

My memory failed me... There was no Moon. One Park and one Kang... but they could be relatives still... Hmm

If JK killed the mother - she does not need to have a Moon surname. It could be her maiden name.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, triplem said:

If JK killed the mother - she does not need to have a Moon surname. It could be her maiden name.

Yeah, I was thinking mum or Grandma after I realized the surname wasn't Moon...

• Like 4

@triplem, agreed. It seems like wives don’t take the husbands’ surnames in Asian drama which is probably a reflection of the reality in those countries. Only the children bear their father’s surnames.

Anyway, I dislike DJ’s mom, CA’s deadbeat father and Seol Ah.

I don’t dislike DJ’s mom for the grief she gives Seol Ah. The two of them can tear each other apart for all I care. Water finds its own level. I mainly dislike DJ’s mom for her feelings of superiority that leads her to treat others like trash. How dare she try to pin the accident on CA’s friend? Poor guy have enough problems of his own without being falsely accused like that. 

I don’t like CA’s dad especially after he told CA to get out his sight and basically kicked her out of the house back when her bratty elder sister said CA messed up everything for her because DJ proposed to her. Often times these family drama try to act realistic but only to a certain extent. How many grown children in real life wouldn’t write off their dad after he keep saying stuff like that? However, in these family drama, the writer would never dare to have CA write off her dad. I imagine she’ll have to listen to him tell her these things all the time until the drama ends while acting like a good little daughter. Meanwhile, her mother hardly defends her or stands up to her husband. I find it so unrealistic but I see it repeatedly in these weekend family shows.

As to Seol Ah, that girl has no soul. Her constant outbursts and tantrums like a mad woman are truly telling. I’m hoping so much that our Moon guy doesn’t end up with her because she’s just a pathetic empty vain individual. I can’t even imagine liking her unless her character undergoes a complete transformation. I think what I dislike about her the most is how utterly selfish she is without even an ounce of gratitude towards her husband for giving her the luxury she wanted or gratitude towards her mother for all the sacrifices she made to raise her.

• Like 6

So started this drama and watched first hour. Dark start to the drama with this two kids having a suicide pact... also covering up the suicide.. really. But CA mother did explain why. seems like suicide is very hard subject to talk about for Korean (kinda glad drama actually talked about this sensitive subject because it is real for many people and needed to be talked about). 

But yah really wish they did say the truth then cover it up... 

CA and JW first meeting  at the train was just funny and sweet. I guess he unknown to them saved her because she clearly got life in her eyes looking at him for a moment :wub:

I really hope despite the dark start we are in for growth and a journey for this characters to find happiness and love (not just romantic but love for themself). At least this is my feelings consider the synopsis and also what is said from the PD :)  I guess we need this dark backstory to understand their struggle and how they gonna overcome their past.  

• Like 6

For some reason I thought SA would sleep with TR to stay pregnant. 

That would secure her place in the family.

I hope that doesnt happen because TR is a good person. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

As to Seol Ah, that girl has no soul. Her constant outbursts and tantrums like a mad woman are truly telling. I’m hoping so much that our Moon guy doesn’t end up with her because she’s just a pathetic empty vain individual. I can’t even imagine liking her unless her character undergoes a complete transformation. I think what I dislike about her the most is how utterly selfish she is without even an ounce of gratitude towards her husband for giving her the luxury she wanted or gratitude towards her mother for all the sacrifices she made to raise her.

As it's a weekend drama, so it'll be a long one. I get the impression that SA's character will be the one who transforms and develops the most. Perhaps, Yoon Park's character will be the match to light the fire to change/mature her to not be a selfish and uncaring towards people. Perhaps he will help SA gain empathy. 

I realize at some point, it will be a love triangle between DJ and the Moon guy. But perhaps once she starts to change, perhaps she will fall in love with her husband or maybe she'll finally realize that her dream of marrying a rich guy without love is not a goal. I felt a bit sorry for DJ as he loves her but she doesn't. Yet, that's no excuse for starting/having an affair. 

• Like 4

Maybe I am just feeling introspective because of the news of Sulli's passing, but let's face it. CA is a victim of bullying at school AND at home. She had physical bruises from her treatment at school. But, she has emotional bruises from her bullying at home. From the first episode, I saw how her mother takes out her frustration with her husband on CA. Then, the dad just constantly looks down on her and dotes on the b*tchy older sister as if to emphasize to CA that she is a loser. Then, her sister lashes out at her at will. CA is in an abyss of constant bullying and her mother had the gall to wonder how she ended up bruised like that. Her father had the nerve to ask why she wanted to kill herself. I just...

I  am glad the writers gave us a time jump because we needed a break from all of the sadness and angst of the first few episodes. I really hope CA gets some sort of reprieve, but unfortunately she is going to suffer because of the choices her mother made to constantly cover up the suicide. I have a few predictions.

1 - SA is going to end up back home living like a regular person. If you want to "marry well" you have to play your position. She isn't being smart about all of this.  Yes, a lot of people have arranged marriages and love may not be present, but she should try harder than she is. I don't dislike DJ, but I feel like him marrying SA is an act of a spoiled rich kid. Him having to have whatever he wants and unfortunately with her, he met his match because she has not fallen for him yet.

2 - CA is going to be a huge help to JW, who seems to have shut down a bit since his brother's passing. His mother should be able to find some redeeming qualities in her because of that as well. I don't think any of them have quite moved on or healed from it, which may help CA in the long run. Surely, the cover up of the suicide is going to come up again and his mother is going to take it out on CA, however, none of that is going to change the fact that she played a role in his suicide. 

• Like 7