Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019-2020] Love is Beautiful, Life is Wonderful, 사랑은 뷰티풀 인생은 원더풀 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

56 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I was thinking, the younger brother died because of his guilt towards two people, who are they?

Maybe they are two students that died because of his mother's verdict, and he was involved  with them in an accident, so his mother pronounced a wrong verdict to save her son?

He was in a hit and run where he hit two pedestrians and at least one of them died. His mother "the fair judge" covered it up it looks like. That is where his guilt came from.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

He was in a hit and run where he hit two pedestrians and at least one of them died. His mother "the fair judge" covered it up it looks like. That is where his guilt came from.

Thank you. I think I missed that part. It was in the newspaper? 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

the judge's mother is horrile, the loss of a child is absolute horror, but to tell an innocent person like KCA that she should die like her son is unbearable. KCA and her mother knelt down in front of her and asked for forgiveness, but what did she do for the two-person families that her young son knocked down? nothing at all, two other families are upset and in pain, and will not be the truth, but she thinks only of herself.
I suppose her  eldest son ( male lead) who wanted to become a lawyer will probably open the case again after many years

• Like 6
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I was thinking, the younger brother died because of his guilt towards two people, who are they?

Maybe they are two students that died because of his mother's verdict, and he was involved  with them in an accident, so his mother pronounced a wrong verdict to save her son?

That is a possibility. On  Saturday’s eps , there was a flashback to when he confessed to his mum he had hit someone & she told him to go upstairs. She then wiped off the blood on her car . She definitely manipulated the case to save him but what I’m curious is why he has the medical receipt of Park KS ( can’t remember how to spell it )  

As a judge , I am sure she can read Chung Ah’s expression when the latter saw that receipt . I’m sure deep down , she knows her son did not die saving CA . She’s just not wanting to face the truth - she’s actually in my opinion guilty of his suicide . Honestly I hv been angry at her ( even though I can understand her ) but she redeemed herself a bit when CA came to see her at the house , and she told the latter to go on to live a full life for JK’s sake . 

Let  me see all the people I hate  in this drama so far

1. Do Jin’s double X  mum . Gosh what an awful woman . My blood was boiling at her pouring water on CA 

2. Seol Ah - if the writer intends to redeem her personality , she’ll need a complete make over. Instead of being worried about the fact her sis just tried to kill herself , she’s blaming her for ruining her marriage prospects . My god. 

3. The girls’ Father . Useless man . Still stuck on his past laurels & a jobless bum . No wonder the Wife secretly wants to kill him. I would hv given him some poisonous fried chicken :lol:. Honestly which father tells their kid they should hv killed themselves . I cried so much for CA. She deserves better . 

Anyway , I’m just happy to see JH again , I must hv teared up with him here.

But the important thing is now he should be aware that the bro’s death was no accident ( he’ll be an idiot if he isn’t clued in that is was a goodbye suicide note , and I’ll question that Oxford acceptance :ph34r:)  . Will he tell his mum ? 

This to me is Jk’s way of looking out for CA as he promised. Cuz  I’m sure some day down the road , the truth will have to be revealed & I hope JH can clear CA of the unnecessary guilt that’s placed on her. Now I cynically laugh at CA’s mum swallowing the note JK wrote to CA . 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

okay I watched the first 2 episodes and this is such a weird tone for a weekend drama. it was like the PD couldn't decide if he wanted melo or the usual cheerful weekend vibe and so you have this weird mashup between the two sisters segments. 

On 10/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, marrez1 said:

I dread the coming love story between KCA and the  lead male

yup, I definitely don't want chung ah and soldier boy to get together because that's just awful awful awful twist of fate. this isn't one of those "lets forgive each other" because no matter what, at the end of the day, they will be haunted by the weight of that boy's death. so any romance is a bad, bad, bad idea.

haven't watched this week's episode but I had a different take from the rest of the thread. didn't really feel like chung ah was innocent and had no role in the suicide. people's perspective would heavily be influenced by the laws in your country as well as how suicide is viewed and the roles other people play in such scenarios. so, they had made plans to do a suicide pact together. it was not like she had dissuaded him to make a different choice. he basically decided to do it alone leaving her but whether she was completely innocent is debatable. maybe 50-60% innocent only? could also understand the mom's panicked reactions. even if the law found her innocent, society wouldn't necessarily. the label and humiliation would be hard to take...

so was looking forward to this drama based on the posters and synopsis thinking it was a light usual weekend drama. instead this feels way, way, way way too heavy for me to watch. I watch dramas to relax at the moment and so dropping the drama.

• Like 3

A few thoughts

Once again, we have a drama addressing the issue of suicide in SK and how often the families look at it from a selfish point of view. It really bothered me when CA's mom showed up and kept saying she had to lie about JK because "his mother" would not be able to handle the fact that he committed suicide. I kept thinking what about your daughter? She is in this situation right now because she wanted to commit suicide. Unfortunately, she ended up being left alone and having to deal with JK's death and last words. Also, how would CA's mom know what JK's mom would feel or think? 

Furthermore, CA, as a kid still in high school should not have been expected to carry a lie of this magnitude all the while dealing with the fact that she tried to kill herself. I was so bothered by her mother's quick thinking to discard evidence of the planned suicide and then taking JK's phone and even forcing CA to call it in. I kept wondering when she was going to ask her child why she wanted to kill herself, but she never did. The truth will inevitably come out. I keep thinking of the lady that checked them into the room. All of the people that probably saw them at that train stop. For all we know, someone saw him walking into that water alone. The truth re: his suicide is going to come to light and mommy dearest will have to come to terms with it.

As far as the older sister, I am not bothered by her desire to marry well. Look at her parents. Her father sits around at home all day doing absolutely nothing but being gross and then ordering her mother around like she is the help. She is deathly afraid of ending up like her mother. She is probably traumatized by it. All the mother does is passive aggressively curse the father in her head or takes it out on CA. This is survival for the older sister. She is probably thinking even if the marriage doesn't work out, she can get a decent settlement and live her life on her terms. To her, anything is better than living in poverty with a man that cannot take care of her or support her like her mother.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

A few thoughts

Once again, we have a drama addressing the issue of suicide in SK and how often the families look at it from a selfish point of view. It really bothered me when CA's mom showed up and kept saying she had to lie about JK because "his mother" would not be able to handle the fact that he committed suicide. I kept thinking what about your daughter? She is in this situation right now because she wanted to commit suicide. Unfortunately, she ended up being left alone and having to deal with JK's death and last words. Also, how would CA's mom know what JK's mom would feel or think? 

The way I see it, when CA’s mum told her to consider how JK’s mother would not be able to handle his suicide, I don’t think she was genuinely concerned about his mum. It didn’t even matter if his mum really felt that way or not. At that point in time, she was concerned only for her daughter to not be implicated by the “suicide” and because CA appeared to be uncomfortable with lying, she had to find a way to convince her to go along with her story, and thus she came up with that “concern” as a reason to convince CA, because if CA believes it would make things better for his mum, she might at least go along with the story.

If she didn’t appear to care about why her daughter was contemplating suicide at that point in time, that’s likely because her maternal protective instinct was at work then. Her utmost priority is to ensure her daughter is safe and that she escapes unscathed from this whole episode. At that point in time, survival comes first and her daughter needs her help. She has to take charge and act in whatever way to save her daughter from the “mess” and that’s not the time to be asking why she was contemplating suicide, because she was obviously not thinking about it anymore, at least not at that point in time. Asking for the reason is not going to solve anything. They needed to think and act fast, not waste time on the “non-urgent” stuff.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Fan cam . Last slide can see KJY filming for the upcoming eps 

Spoiler

Posted by SIA 

Yoon Park will finally make his appearance 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the cast members has left the drama.  The person who was orginally cast to play the youngest sister has left the show and been replaced by a new actress. I don't think the person has even appeared yet in the drama since we are still focused on the past, and the youngest sister is still like 10 years old.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358407wpp/clcs-eunbin-steps-down-from-kbs-drama-beautiful-love-wonderful-life

• Like 3

New stills 

They r siblings . She’s Do Jin Woo’s Secretary & he will be interested in Seol Ah

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Checking tonight's cuts. They fast forwarded to 2018. Do Jin and SA are married but she's still as self absorbed as ever , capitalising on her marital status to become a SNS star of sorts . She's constantly taking and uploading pictures of herself exercising etc . CA meanwhile lives at a hostel busy studying for her civil service exam. Looks like she wants to join the police force.  But JK is still close to her heart as she looks at his name tag and greets him and I think it is the thing that keeps her going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRXfWV7X8zE

SA and Yoon Park's character meet at the market where they both are buying flowers. The florists was excited to see it was SA but he was quite oblivious to who she is. She seems very happy with her life 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejy49f9JgR4

CA has a guy bestie called Baek Rim staying in the hostel as well. He helps her gets her groceries  and oh gosh she is one messy girl.  But it seems like he likes her. Her mum is now doing milk delivery and drops by to give them some. Ahh the guy likes her but she has definitely friendzoned him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgp7kY54uU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Paw_LkJ1LM

Mother in law vs daughter in law scene ...lol! no love lost there btwn the two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr5gHHySRLM

Do Jin getting ready for work. It is clear from the conversation that he is still the one that loves her . He tells her so ...she says I know. So I think he just accepts that her heart is not his ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2GqGJL4riM

Do Jin mum is still crazy and shouts at all her domestic help...nothing's changed.  But she does bring up Joon Hwi's name . So JH is back in the picture and is a threat to DJ's position in the company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihYZVdaJxQ

( to be continued)

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

New characters join us here ...breakfast at the Moon's. Dad is a cop. Yoon Park plays Moon Tae Rang. He has a sister Moon Hae Rang and a bro Moon Pa Rang. Seems like a very happy family. No mum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZdYftGMLbA

Omg...so Moon Hae Rang works for Do Jin..so they are both on some company trip together...and in the lift she tells him she loves him..and proceeds to kiss him . He was taken aback but he kissed her back and there you go the 1st scandalous kiss of this weekender :lol:. By the way he and SA don't share a bed. They sleep on separate ones . So this must be all the pent up frustration .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wsd-tfR608&t=51s

Yay!!!! Finally some Joon Hwi scenes. He is prepping for some outdoor event by the Han River  and mum drops by with some coffee. As they chat, they hear siren sounds... from afar on the bridge someone is trying to kill himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu591cOKKC4

Spoiler

But our girl Chung Ah  was holding down the man who was trying to kill himself. Moon dad cop comes to the scene and they save the guy. CA comforts the guy who tried to kill himself . Happy to see her healing and finding new purpose in life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UvE-u4YMo

So Chung Ah has to help her friend and takes his place dressed as a super hero...so this is their (OTP) first interaction. She inhaled helium so that she does not sound like she is a girl  and scares another lady in the toilet..... Lol...poor gal..it was disaster as she fell while doing wall climbing. The kids must be shocked to see their super hero fall 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6G6CUSNjI&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAroNzBas_I

Meanwhile Do Jin and his secretary Moon HR ( yes the one he kissed) got into an accident. SA  rushed to the hospital . Moon HR's bro Moon Tae Rang also did the same. It was pretty serious with both needing surgery immediately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofmLplNRy7s&t=11s

Oh my ...so the surgeries were ok...but anyway the driver brought in two matching luggage bags . One belonging to DJ and one to Moon HR.  Seol Ah finding this weird immediately opened his bag on the spot and found a pair of earrings...hmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovWaFRBRpI&t=25s

OTP meets again... the scene of her scaring a lady in the toilet with the super hero costume got the JH's company into trouble. So JH came to look for Baek Rim which I think was suppose to be the one wearing it. Instead he end up at CA's room...and I think our gal recognises him as Mr Soldier. 

Preview in 2nd slide...looks like BR was involved in the accident as well

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@triplem Thanks for the recap:wub:.

Well, that's one way to find out your husband is cheating on you with his secretary. Poor brother as well. But I wonder, what SA was doing in the hospital in the first place? Was she there for Gyn appointment? Because I saw a pregnant lady sitting on a chair beside the room she came from. But then again, SA can't be pregnant.

Today's episode wasn't as dark and Melo as the previous ones lol. Now, I can watch it lol:mrgreen:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

17 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@triplem Thanks for the recap:wub:.

Well, that's one way to find out your husband is cheating on you with his secretary. Poor brother as well. But I wonder, what SA was doing in the hospital in the first place? Was she there for Gyn appointment? Because I saw a pregnant lady sitting on a chair beside the room she came from. But then again, SA can't be pregnant.

Today's episode wasn't as dark and Melo as the previous ones lol. Now, I can watch it lol:mrgreen:.

yes , the tonne has changed! Seems like we're back to bright lights and a more hopeful tone! 

SA , yes I was also wondering what she was doing at the gynae when she received the call about Do Jin. But i was surprised how quickly an affair was thrown into the picture. This drama is running on steroids. Maybe it is to lay the foundation for Moon TR and SA love line.

edit to add: Ahh another scene of JH...he remembers his bro's last words...KJY's fringe down like that makes me :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

yes , the tonne has changed! Seems like we're back to bright lights and a more hopeful tone! 

SA , yes I was also wondering what she was doing at the gynae when she received the call about Do Jin. But i was surprised how quickly an affair was thrown into the picture. This drama is running on steroids. Maybe it is to lay the foundation for Moon TR and SA love line.

Bright and hopeful, exactly:thumbsup::tongue:. It was too stressful lol:lol:.

This is the first drama that I remember which showed people who are cheating and getting caught by their spouse on the same episode lol. That was way too fast :lol:.

SA can't be pregnant unless she was doing an IVF treatment which I highly doubt it.

Indeed, KJY looking good with his hair down like:phew:.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@triplem, I didn't understand what you said, preview in 2nd slide, BR got involved in the accident as well, who's is BR?

• Like 3

maybe for the new family  ( Moon Tae Rang and his siblings ) the mother was one of the people that JH's brother killed in the car accident

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, hell59 said:

@triplem, I didn't understand what you said, preview in 2nd slide, BR got involved in the accident as well, who's is BR?

Baek Rim . It’s Chung Ah’s guy bestie . I assume she was replacing him when donning the Super hero costume 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

54 minutes ago, triplem said:

Baek Rim . It’s Chung Ah’s guy bestie . I assume she was replacing him when donning the Super hero costume 

Thank you!

• Like 3