[Movie 2020] Alive, 살아있다

0ly40

Director Of Film “#ALIVE” Praises Yoo Ah In And Park Shin Hye Over Their Performances

Director Of Film “#ALIVE” Praises Yoo Ah In And Park Shin Hye Over Their Performances

Jul 2, 2020
by S. Cho

Director Jo Il Hyung of “#ALIVE” recently thanked the film’s stars Yoo Ah In and Park Shin Hye for their incredible acting and passion.

After premiering on June 24, “#ALIVE” has remained at the top of the box office for seven days straight and recorded over 1 million moviegoers in just five days.

In the film, Yoo Ah In and Park Shin Hye play two survivors who must learn to adapt in their dangerous city as they are trapped at home without access to cellular data, Wi-Fi, texting, or phone calls. Compared to the intense and powerful roles that Yoo Ah In has portrayed in the past, he appears as an average man full of fear in his tense situation. After receiving lots of love for her roles in numerous romantic comedies, Park Shin Hye also presents a new side of her acting as a fearless, determined, and resourceful character.

Jo Il Hyung praised their acting skills, emphasizing in particular “Yoo Ah In’s diverse expression of emotion and Park Shin Hye’s unexpected ability to break out of her typical image.” He explained, “These two aspects played the biggest roles in the basis for their casting.”

He continued, “For Yoo Ah In, I got goosebumps watching the range, flexibility, and depth of his acting in his previous work. Before I met him, I remember watching one of his scenes in ‘The Throne‘ on mute to focus solely on his subtle expressions.”

Regarding Park Shin Hye, the director said, “I thought her infinite potential and unexpectedness fit really well with Yoo Bin,” her character in “#ALIVE.” Jo Il Hyung explained, “I thought that Yoo Bin could really come to life as the role broke her typical image within romantic comedies. Park Shin Hye showcased that potential and depth in this film without a doubt.”

He shared, “Witnessing an identity that only exists on paper become a real person, into someone we know, is a very precious process. Especially with this film, the details that these two actors brought really perfected their characters of Joon Woo and Yoo Bin.”

Jo Il Hyung expanded, “Ah In brought details that made the main character more realistic, allowing him to mesh into the plot well, such as his outfits, tone of voice, gestures, and body language. Although it’s over a short period of time in the film, Park Shin Hye helped effectively demonstrate the growth of her character. In particular, after defensively confining herself, she finds hope watching Joon Woo and gradually transforms to begin actively taking action.”

cr: https://soompi.com/article/1410574wpp/director-of-film-alive-praises-yoo-ah-in-and-park-shin-hye-over-their-performances

• Like 1

Photo shared by 잉터볼 :잉크터진볼펜✍ on July 04, 2020 tagging @hongsick, and @alive_junwoo. No hay ninguna descripción de la foto disponible.

cr: ingterball IG

<#살아있다> 월요일을 맞이하는 여러분의 선택은? 기쁘준우 VS 화났준우
왜 오늘 월요일이지.. :scream:여러분의 선택은?
생존 스릴러 <#살아있다> 의 거침없는 흥행!
#기쁘준우 VS 내일은 화요일   #화났준우

Box Office Rank # 1 (2020.07.03)

On The top with >51,392 audience today
Total 
1,342,492 audience

Imagen

pic cr: @1marisone

Zombie Film ‘#Alive’ Revives Hope For Korea’s Movie Theaters

Joan MacDonaldContributor
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.

Yoo Ah-in stars in the zombie film '#Alive,' which is doing well at the Korean box office.

Yoo Ah-in stars in the zombie film '#Alive,' which is doing well at the Korean box office.

SPACKMAN ENTERTAINMENT

In 2019 South Korea’s total movie admissions reached a record number of 226.68 million tickets sold. The next year was projected to be even better. Then came COVID-19, prompting theatergoers worldwide to stay home and avoid crowds.

Unlike movie theaters in other parts of the world many South Korean cinemas did not shut their doors, even when ticket sales dropped dramatically. Given the low number of tickets sold, several films delayed their opening, while others chose to debut virtually. However, as Korea made progress in containing the spread of COVID-19, a few new films such as Intruder, Innocence, Me and Me and #Alive lined up in-theater release dates. 

The thriller Intruder, released on June 4, saw a promising 289,000 admissions during its first four days. Innocence, released June 10, has since sold over 700,000 tickets, while Me and Me, released June 18, has sold almost 200,000.

#Alive was released on June 24 and within five days surpassed one million ticket sales. The film is doing so well, it has already been seen as a hopeful sign that the industry is poised for a comeback.

As the first film to break the one million ticket sales mark at the Korean box office since

February, #Alive continues to dominate with an average market share of more than 70%. On July 1, the film was released on an average of 1,690 screens. As of that date, according to the Korean Film Council, the film had recorded total ticket admissions of 1,246,507, with gross box office revenue of $8.6 million. 

Park Shin-hye plays a woman terrified of leaving her apartment in '#Alive.'

Park Shin-hye plays a woman terrified of leaving her apartment in '#Alive.'

SPACKMAN ENTERTAINMENT

According to Yonhap News, #Alive reached the one million ticket sales mark faster than two other recent Korean releases, Honest Candidate and The Closet, which were the only films that surpassed one million tickets right before the spread of COVID-19.  Produced by Zip Cinema, a subsidiary of Spackman Entertainment Group, #Alive can be seen not only as a test case for the Korean film market but also hopefully for the global film industry, since it is one of the first commercially successful theatrical movies released amid the pandemic. Zip Cinema has a track record of producing commercially successful theatrical films, having consecutively produced 10 profitable movies since 2009.

Releasing #Alive amid a pandemic was a gamble, but it paid off.

“We believe the successful opening of #Alive demonstrates that demand still exists for theatrical viewing despite the various COVID precautions in place at the theaters,” said Kay Na, president of Spackman Entertainment. “It was a gamble for us to release #Alive in the current environment, but we didn’t want a finished product to go stale while we waited this out. Also, we felt that there was no guarantee that the situation would get any better if we waited longer to release.”

Na admits the film’s box office success may be partly due to the genre. Zombie films are generally more enjoyable to watch in the theatre, with better sound and visual impact, but viewers can also currently relate to a film in which characters face an unexpected and frightening new reality. 

#Alive is a film about a dangerous infection. The film’s main characters, played by Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye, are terrified to discover they the only non-infected humans living in an apartment building that is overwhelmed by zombies. They must survive in any way possible.

“As a film that revolves about isolation, survival, longing to meet others, escape and freedom, it becomes natural for people to closely relate #Alive to the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Na.

An infection that transforms humans into zombies makes the world a terrifying place in '#Alive.'

An infection that transforms humans into zombies makes the world a terrifying place in '#Alive.'

SPACKMAN ENTERTAINMENT

The film’s stars also attract an enthusiastic audience. Yoo and Park are both popular actors, which helped boost the visibility and ratings of the film. Park is well known for her Korean TV drama roles, including You’re Beautiful and Memories of Alhambra, as well as her films The Royal Tailor and Miracle in Cell No. 7. Yoo, who is represented by a Spackman Media Group subsidiary, was the only Asian actor named to The Best Actors of 2018 list compiled by The New York Times NYT. U.S. viewers may know the actor from the films Burning and Default or his TV dramas Secret Affair and Chicago Typewriter.

Although the film raises hopes for an industry revival, a true comeback could take a while and the pandemic has already permanently altered the marketplace.  

“The theatrical film industry globally has been devastated by the pandemic and the financial damage stems from all aspects of a movie project—i.e. production delays, release delays, significantly lower demand for film investments, etc.,” said Na. “This will certainly take many months—if not years—to fully recover.”

Restrictions imposed to halt the spread of COVID-19 are expected to accelerate a more rapid diversification of distribution channels to encourage more digital streaming on OTT or Cable TV platforms, which can reach a wider scope of viewers, especially across geographic borders. Will the popular pastime of going to movie theaters survive the pandemic?

“We believe that the theatrical experience is one of the favorite hobbies of people globally,” said Na. “The theatrical experience will always have a place in the hearts of movie consumers.” 

The film’s international distribution will be handled by Lotte Entertainment.

cr: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/07/03/zombie-film-alive-revives-hope-for-koreas-movie-theaters/#5ad4d0796e01

• Like 1

Park Shin Hye Reveals Promise If “#ALIVE” Surpasses 2 Million Moviegoers, Shares Funny Story From Working With Zombie Actors, And More

Park Shin Hye Reveals Promise If “#ALIVE” Surpasses 2 Million Moviegoers, Shares Funny Story From Working With Zombie Actors, And More

Jul 2, 2020
by S. Cho

On July 2, Park Shin Hye appeared as a guest on MBC FM4U’s radio show “Kim Shin Young’s Hope Song at Noon” to talk about her new film “#ALIVE”!

Kim Shin Young congratulated the actress on the success of her film, as “#ALIVE” recently surpassed 1 million moviegoers in only five days. She commented, “In today’s world, 1 million is really 10 million,” referring to the strain that the COVID-19 pandemic placed on the movie industry. Park Shin Hye thanked viewers, saying, “It must have been difficult to decide to go to the movie theaters, so thank you for coming. To be honest, I worried a lot. More than the success of the film, the health of our society is priority. Thank you for watching while following safety policies.”

202007021329006110_2_20200702135622651.jpg

The actress also explained how she picks her projects. She explained, “Rather than ‘It will do well or it won’t,’ I think about, ‘It could be similar to a project I’ve done in the past’ and ‘It’s something I haven’t tried but it could be dangerous to do now.’ As a result, the film I picked this time was ‘#ALIVE.'”

Park Shin Hye revealed that the film’s special makeup artist was the same artist who worked on the hit zombie sageuk series “Kingdom.” She shared a funny story regarding the zombie actors’ detailed makeup, saying, “When you’re filming, there’s obviously time to eat and rest. There was a time I turned around and screamed after forgetting we were all filming together. There were a lot of moments on set where I was surprised and caught off guard.”

Regarding her co-star Yoo Ah In, Park Shin Hye explained that she thought he was the perfect fit for his role even before they began filming. She added, “He’s so good at acting, and he was still so charming after we met in person.”

The actress explained that she is the type to cry easily, to the point where she can’t watch documentaries in the morning or else she’ll cry. She discussed her approach to crying scenes, saying, “I try my best to cry when they’re filming my face. It’s okay the first two times, but it gets a bit exhausting after that.”

For her favorite song at the moment, Park Shin Hye picked Zico‘s “Any Song.” Referring to the “Any Song challenge“, Park Shin Hye also promised to return to the radio show and do Kim Shin Young’s “Gimme Gimme” challenge (the original song is by Kim Shin Young’s singer persona Second Aunt Kim Da Vi) if “#ALIVE” surpasses 2 million moviegoers.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1410580wpp/park-shin-hye-reveals-promise-if-alive-surpasses-2-million-moviegoers-shares-funny-story-from-working-with-zombie-actors-and-more

• Like 1

Imagen

cr: @PamHalp_

<#살아있다> 명장면
띵동! 오늘도 극장에 활기를 불어넣고 있는
<#살아있다> 명장면이 도착했습니다!

#생존스릴러 신드롬을 불러일으키는 기대만발 명장면 확인하고

지금 바로 극장에서 예매하세요
롯데시네마 : https://url.kr/jVgsZf
CGV : https://url.kr/C2tex3
메가박스 : https://bit.ly/2UK23v9

<#Alive> Master Scene
Dongdong! Today, it is revitalizing the theater.
<#Alive> The scene has arrived!

#Check the scenes of the full bloom of expectations that evokes the survival thriller syndrome
Purchase at the theater right now

Imagen

"I never felt alone. I had a lot of friends, people kept coming and going to my house. But now I just need time to be completely alone. I've reduced the numbers of drinking parties and friend meetups down to half than they were used to be." -Yoo Ah In

via @SIKseekers

The survival report video part 1 released

It is a special message delivered directly by Yoo Ah In and Park Shin Hye thanks to the enthusiastic support of the audience for the movie, and a total of three videos will be released in a relay that melts the fresh settings and concepts of #Alive

img.gif

img.gif

cr: @bbeumshinhye @ssinz7_paradise

롯데엔터테인먼트