[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

yup..i agreee with everyone

Min Ah was definitely the best of ep8

i didnt really like her in the earlier eps & thought she was a troublemaker, liked to badmouthing people behind their backs

but as the story progress, i find her more likeable...dare to gossip right in front of the subject (Chilhong, NS Resident) :joy:

and ep8 proves she's indeed a great person & a good doctor

i keep replay the scene when she sit & talk with SeokHyung in the office

it was straightforward & heartwaring

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Wow.

As exciting as this shipping talks might be to most people, and I admit it’s kinda fun, what I really like to watch in the series is actually the day to day lives of doctors and patients in the hospital. How they handle the issues therein. Their bedside manner. Character growth as doctors and residents.

And my vote goes to Minha and SeokHyung this week. I love seeing how she took up the job and get it done - and how SeokHyung actually saw that. My two other votes will be for Ik Jun (he actually backed up Dr Maggot) and Jung Wan (wow, he got a good story arc this week). And of course, my new favourite person, Jung Rosa!

I’m not a fan of Dr Maggot - sure she’s frank, but I don’t like her bedside manner as a resident. I don’t see much character growth unfortunately in this episode as a doctor. Too bad she’s being written more as having this unrequited love over Jeong Won. That being said, it’s a 3-season drama and we have a really unpredictable PD and writer so God knows what will they do!

During R88, ppl were so hung up over shipping DS/Jungpal and seemed to put the actual storyline about the parents, the friendship and the neighbourhood as secondary, whilst for me, it was those nostalgic moments that I was going after. 

Anyway, I’m just gonna continue watching the show as a viewer and keep the shipping business at bay. Because it’s the hospital dynamics that I’m looking at more. And the friendship of the Fab Five. I’ll be happy with whatever pairing the PD and writer choose to have in the end, because in the end, it is their story to be told. 

Happy watching!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@JJS's Fan-atics 

@LovelyLady

i know this will be coming, it always some of people who somehow start the ship war..that also a reason why i cant watch reply 1988 live (i finish it after few months the drama ends) (i start by reading forum/comment before watching clip and drama thus it effect me) but here i mistakenly tough hospital playlist was like the kingdom on netflix were it upload full episode at once as there new they start shoot from few back then..before realize it just netflix cover and i already watch up to episode 3 (hahahaha) 

but im glad this time writer and pd not starting love line from the start even tough lots of people hate or dont like geul wol character..i respect their opinions cause sometimes i not like female lead character too...but too make it look like geul wol like a loser who shouldn’t be love by perfect man jeong won...it does make me sad, as i see geul wol as a charming and lot character development can be see in the future..

and now its ik jun turn..i dont understand why....like i being mention i dont mind who the end game and i open to any small probability hits given by the pd and writer...but to denied one of character as he not good enough(i will be sad if i was the writer)

as i mention, since the writer and pd always show such details, little hits and clues...the always find the way to make end game make a lovely couple...

even seok hyung can be they end game as he had crush on song hwa and if the writer and pd want it, they can make pov of song hwa how she start to take care of him etc..

it nice to see certain fresh idea hits like coffee,flower, their name literally..that what make it more fun..even i cant help felt the heart break if my ship not the end game...but i will focus on other factor or element on this drama like work,people etc

and i know we had all that sure feeling? even right now i cant help think about winter couple...i know he will reject her, and it goods if she react cooly and it his turn to get his world mess up from a girl but if he had show no reaction im also good as at least she able to move on faster as this is not drama where girl had crush and try to get the boy and if she dont get the boy other cant too...but then like how some shiper had their focus on certain..i cant help to felt bad about his expressions...he not even make a voice when she said bye but only look at the guy and the car even geul wol cooly close ghe door (kinda hard for me) and he start to space out till he get call..then in the car..compare to when last episode where they tease jung hwa, i can see his dazed out looking at window before we can see more clearly and he even smile like sad boy....it could be he thinking about how to make his mom agree with his decisions..it could be he think about his patients but i just help to hope he think about geul wol..that why like i said it all about point of view of the character 

if the writer do not tell about it, all the assumptions only became rumors...

so yeah we all had different opinion but to said someone is not good enough is just not my cup of tea is just No No No

Lets respect we are different and we all had reason for its to happen

• Like 14
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Sorary said:

so yeah we all had different opinion but to said someone is not good enough is just not my cup of tea is just No No No

Lets respect we are different and we all had reason for its to happen

Exactly. I am a die hard Ik Jun fan. But not even once I badmouthed either of the 2JWs with respect to shipping Ik Jun to SongHwa. So I expect the same attitude from other people that they would be respectful for other people opinions. Just praise , promote, ship whatever you want to your favourite actor, character or ship But Don't be unrespectful towards others. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

and ahn jeong won totally at character..i means even in drama was described the girl/boy come from middle class and had difficulty to earn money yet they always had different entire even fews bags and shoes 

but here we can see jeong won has repeatedly wearing certain shirt/ clothes

so it liase with the character description where he put part of his money for charity rather spend on himself

and the tedy bear he took(it one or it has fews/kinda a collection) as i see big and small one..its kinda cute 

• Like 9

Wahhhh ep.8 was soo good for me I felt like riding on a roller coaster of emotion lol. Well every ep did but ep.8 was wow-er! This one was our residents', esp DJH and CMH with a bit of JGW. The former two who almost gave up on their doctor life, saved by our two heroes YSH and KJW in a similar yet different way. They acted nonchalant almost indifferent though they actually knew what was going on. But then given their personality, the approach was different. YSH saved CMH through comforting words giving her his trust which she really needed. KJW though sacrificing his freedom to not let DJH got punished without the need to actually confront him which DJH understood anyway, given his Thanos personality lol. Both showed us that everybody should've been given a chance to see the sun after the storm. 

JGW's part was still going around AJW, even when she too faced a problem with her work. LIJ backing her up was so expected of him okay. What was with AJW though? He actually did or talked nothing. If he were dissapointed, why he didn't confront her like in ep.2 or say something when the director called them hmmm...

CSH-LIJ moments were cute af! I couldn't imagine her mothering any of them unless it was LIJ,  their dynamic was so interesting to me. The man was practically LWJ in a bigger appearance haaa. With KJW, she was more like same-aged sibling with their bickering and eating war lol. With YSH who only listen to her, she was more like noona. With AJW though, idk much since we still didn't get their personal interaction yet but so far she side-eyed him with his innocent yet mood breaker talk haha. This just showed how much she meant for them that she could be anyone for all of them and vice versa, regardless who would be her endgame.

Too many questions about AJW otl. Priesthood submission which was progressing, Mama Rosa's rejection, and his real feeling toward JGW especially after seeing him somewhat bothered when she was with another man, now I have question about his health. The headache wasn't new according to the nurse in PICU and how he always looked tired like the bank staff said. Also, when CSH was seen unwell, it turned out she got tumor although thankfully she was fine now. The last part of his character description about "the time's running out" didn't help either huft. But then again as far as I remember, none of the Reply series or Prison Playbook had mainstream melodrama story like illness right, so I really wish writernim has some mercy and keep on this track huhu.

KJW-LIS were fast! They didn't live together for sure but that 2 toothbrushes telling us how much they were progressing haha.

Edited by babyolala
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

I think end game for IJ-SH more make sense than for 2 JW’s if you guys really think their 5 fab friendship more important in this drama..

First, if Junwan will be end game for SH, that’s mean Junwan need break IS's heart first to come to SH.. N IS is IJ’s sister.. do you think their friendship will stay the same after that happen ? I dont think so..

Second, if Jeongwon will be end game for SH, that’s mean IJ will lose all of his chance coz his 2 close friend.. To Seok Hyung n Jeong Won.. Also it’s IJ who try to help Jeong Won-GE become couple n it’ll become failed if Jeongwon-SH will become end game too.. so do you think their friendship will stay the same after that happen ? I dont think so too..

For that 2 case, IJ will be hurt the most.. do you think he will maintain their friendship if all of that happen to him ?

But I still believe all boys from Fab 5 still have a chance become SH first love.. Coz until now, we didnt have scene which tell us blatantly who SH first love.. But dont forget SH already hint us by saying, “Do you think we’re in Reply 88 ? That’s such old trick..” I think that’s mean flashback from their past which will reveal later wont affect much to all fab 5 relationship in the future.. In Reply 88, PD-nim give us so many flashback to show us a prove how DS-Taek will become end game, right ?

So for whoever think friendship more important in this drama, plz think what ship which less hurtful for their fab 5 friendship.. n dont bring down other characters to make your bias character more superior than others.. It’s simple right ? :):)

Edited by zonk90
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sorary said:

and now its ik jun turn..i dont understand why....like i being mention i dont mind who the end game and i open to any small probability hits given by the pd and writer...but to denied one of character as he not good enough(i will be sad if i was the writer)

I was rambling on Twitter because after episode 8, I just took time to read seven pages of Soompi Forum. The discussion was kinda make me shocked because it is Ik Jun's turn to get the bully after Gyeo-ul.

What the heck... OMG... my number one favorite character, funny and smart Ik Jun... seriously... why??

0cz5jsD.gif

I can't relate whatever their reasons are. Even though I saw the shipping war is coming, I hope it will not continue further. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I am here because I wanna mention how handsome Andrea is. LOL.

XfEzmAI.gif

I hope he won't become the victim/involve in another shipping war (after getting chilbong-ed in Reply 1994!). I have a whole separate heart for Yoo Yeon Suk only. And when I heard he was cast in this drama, I hoped he wouldn't involve in any loveline within the group. Thankfully he isn't. Because for me he is 'untouchable'. Just don't mess with my Yoo Yeon suk again, PD-nim. Please protect him, at all cost.

And Chi Hong is so adorable omg. This actor played as Ji Won is Prison Playbook, and he was more handsome there. In HP, he is more cute, maybe because of the outfit and his haircut? LOL. I hope we can get to see more of him in the next episode.

yRmRmAN.gif

Kiyowo~~

• Like 12
  • Love 2

This is random but I really don't like how poor Dr. Jang keeps getting referred to by commenters as Dr. Maggot. No one else gets an unpleasant nickname, can't we call her Dr. Winter?

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Kaizen68 said:

I was rambling on Twitter because after episode 8, I just took time to read seven pages of Soompi Forum. The discussion was kinda make me shocked because it is Ik Jun's turn to get the bully after Gyeo-ul.

I think ya'll are taking this too far. This are fictional characters what do you mean by bullied. I have read each comment of this disscussion ever since it opened and I think I can say with a full heart that no one is bullied here. Some people don't agree with certain characters because of their personality and because of love lines they don't support - so what? Someone can say they dislike for example doctor Jang because her character's personality doesn't sit with them well and that is completly fine. Humans are all different and it is only natural for people to have different opinions.

I don't think I have seen anyone disrespect any character and I think people have every right to express their likes and dislikes regarding this characters because this is all FICTION.

Sorry if this seems too harsh and it is not directed towards you personally but I see this comments starting to pop up about how people "bully" characters and honestly it makes me feel uncomfterble and makes me to not want to comment since I might get backlash one day if I express my honest opinion - we don't all have to like the same things and the same personalities and it is alright to say you disagree but to say bullying... I don't know maybe it's just me being sensitive to this wording but I was honestly sad and hurt when I saw that. It's alright if you like a character it's great but there is a way of disagreeing with people - saying someone "bullies" said character because they express their dislike about her is honestly degrading and hurtful and it shows you can't take criticism well in my opinion.

I really like this disscussion usually but I am considering to stop posting here now. Sorry if this was suddenly a very heavy topic that I brought up to this usually peppy discussion but I was contemplating if I should write this comment for a while and I decided I would now after a lot of thinking so I hope you recieve this with an open heart and try to be more understanding of everyone.

Have a lovely day:)

• Like 6
  • Love 2

If this drama is truly about friendship as so many here purport it is, why would a pairing within the 5 mess with it?  True friends wish the best for their friends?  They will sacrifice chances for their own happiness for the sake of their friends?  It’s just a given?  Look at the Reply series?  I can’t vouch for the others but in Reply 1994, the friendship remained yeah?  They still hung out even after Trash married Go Ara’s character?  There was no bitterness or weird vibes, they still talked about old times and reminisced and did life together still their grownup years?  If anything that would be the ultimate type of love and it even trumps romantic love, it’s the sacrificial love that’s other centered?  I think this PD/writer pairing is big on that.  Family, friendship which withstands everything the world throws at them.  I don’t see a shipping war here.  Just differences in opinion.  Just because a particular character is called out for inappropriate behavior does not make him/her any less worthy?  Jang needs a story that will show us character growth apart from her crush.  Even MinHa had that this episode?  Capt Ahn had his time the last episode.  I hope Jang gets hers soon.  And I would agree that SHwa thus far has displayed more motherly characteristics than any other character.  In fact if you watch all her interactions in this episode, she’s acted like a mother to IJ.  She washes his face - vigorously like a mom, not sensually like a lover.  She tells him to be careful with the kettle because it’s hot - he’s a grown man, why would she do that?  She’s bandaged his fingers so it looks like a cartoon character (I think she did this intentionally) and he plays along.  She laughs at his lame jokes (none of the boys do) just like a mother would her child.  So it’s not because he’s less worthy of SHwa that I think this pairing won’t work?  It’s how I read her response to IJ.  She’s treating him like a child, not a man.

As for why Andrea had this strange look on his face when he saw Jang and her blind date?  The blind date was MinHa’s ex colleague who wanted to be set up with a fellow doctor.  That brief interchange of looks - the man actually looked at Andrea and not at Jang when she got in the car.  I think they recognized each other.  Does he have a dodgy past that Andrea knows about?  (Speculation on my part) Jang has low EQ.  She’s not savvy with people like MinHa.  If that blind date is sleazy, Jang will not have the people skills or be street smart enough to pick that up.  She’s a sitting duck.  She won’t see it coming.  I think that’s why he seemed deep in thought.  He’s thinking through his options.  On the one hand he doesn’t want to lead her on (because he’s not that into her), on the other hand, he doesn’t want anything bad to happen to her either (because he is kind).  That’s how I interpreted his weird look.  Purely speculative of course.  Guess we will see how it plays out next week.  I hope nothing bad happens to Jang.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

@RenRen

I am sorry, chingu, for the wording. Since not only about one character, I think people also have a different opinion about the word "bully" itself. Since, as you said, that word is pop out everywhere, and we all KNOW they are only FICTIONAL characters, but we still use it. I don't know how it started and I am not a native speaker, so maybe I have a different opinion with certain people from certain countries.

But for me, when I read here, someone said Ik Jun has a mental problem (e.g., bipolar and ostrich personality) when he is clearly not, I also couldn't stand the comments. But I kept quiet. I think most of us, too, when their favorite characters devalued excessively, would also felt hurt.

It clearly differed when you disagreed with certain personalities. I also disagreed with Ik Jun's personality for being so passive and made him look like he didn't love his wife. I also said that his personality has something to do with the divorce. And I agree that Dr. Jang needs to learn how to not say harsh words, and Min Ha is better than her in managing her reactions in front of the patients (I do agree with that, and I gave a like to that kind of comments). And that's normal.

Even before this happened, we all already agreed to disagree with each other's opinion. And always trying to respect with each other. But scrolling certain characters down in a very hurtful and subjective way, I think that's what we are saying here.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

It’s either Gyeo wool going in serious blind dating with different guys with different cars :joy: or  Lee Ik Jun taking his matchmaking seriously  :wub:

I think they are trying to show the viewers how to practice physical distancing :D 

32ixco6.png

9pIG2TG.png

The ship won't even sailing. Me:

sjkAfDo.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 15

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

In fact if you watch all her interactions in this episode, she’s acted like a mother to IJ.  She washes his face - vigorously like a mom, not sensually like a lover.  She tells him to be careful with the kettle because it’s hot - he’s a grown man, why would she do that?  She’s bandaged his fingers so it looks like a cartoon character (I think she did this intentionally) and he plays along.  She laughs at his lame jokes (none of the boys do) just like a mother would her child.  So it’s not because he’s less worthy of SHwa that I think this pairing won’t work?  It’s how I read her response to IJ.  She’s treating him like a child, not a man.

Totally understand your point of view here, bro. But from my view this is not she treating here like a child not a man, but as a wife treating her chiddish husband that understand each other for a long time. Haha have you seen any mariage couple like this in real life? I saw so many. Usually a woman when become the mother of the child she will become the mother of the husband too, like UJu and Big UJu. Haha.

Wash face, touch hand, caring, bickering, even saw the other changing cloth... this work like a marriage couple. Yah my be this is not your cup of tea and I respect your view.

Another thing I would like to point out since many of us saw the parallel btw Rosa - JS and SW-IJ, I believe the PD want to change it this time since both SW-IJ is single and available now.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

This shipping thing will get out of hand when you all analyse too much and read too much into it.

Honestly I will usually skip all posts that talk about shipping. 

Because SH is the only lady out of the five, everyone is looking for the connection.

With IJ and SH, she need to care for them like a mother/elder sister

With Junwan, both of them are glutton and seem to have the same taste bud. Especially in ep8, when the both of them request of something other than the standard tteokbokki

With Jeongwon, I still cannot see the real interaction between them.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

So about the 'motherly' love that swag hwa shows towards ik jun. I disagree that it shows them as just friends with 2 arguments. Since we have extensively analysed pds characters in past dramas.

Go ara in 94 constantly mothered oppa ordering him to put moisturizer, wiping his nose for him, cleaning up after him. 

Taek was also mothered by hy-ri in 88. She takes care of him brings him food lays out clothes and such. 

So it isnt that mothering someone rules them out if the race. 

Second I disagree its just motherly. Why would they explicitly show him walking in on her dressing ( another call back to 94 where oppa walks in on go ara in her inners) if there was just motherly vibes. 

Also laughing at someones jokes is usually I sign of liking someone. I dont know why everyone chooses to ignore the obvious pointers and only choose the most difficult route. 

Reply 94 was always straightforward. She liked oppa and no one else. Only chilbogue fans said there was a twist in the end which there was not.  88 was a bit convoluted but even then they had signs from 3rd episode and showed the leads together fairly often. But anyway it makes no sense to say just because something was obvious it must not be the pairing. 

At the present moment it makes most sense if the pairings are in the way they are shown. I believe there is no major twists. If they are going to show a triangle it could mean multiple heartbreaks which is not a good thing for the fab 5 friendship in the long run. But hey I could be wrong.

Also a little point about dr. maggot and ik jun that is also something that would be a more akin to a father daughter relationship. Since mothering is mentioned here I wanted to add that point too. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, nhquan94 said:

Totally understand your point of view here, bro.

not a bro. An old Ahjumma. :lol:  but yes I see your point of view too...Bro.  

Let’s see what writer and PD has in store for us for the final reveal.  It’s a guessing game.

• Like 1

Hi just a regular passerby here, love reading all the input. But I’d like to ask (pardon my ignorance) how come no one really talks about Jun Wan’s lack of tact when talking to the patients but yet some of you give Gyeol Ul such a hard time for doing the same thing? Is it because he’s in a senior position and her still only being a resident for a few years (which imo makes her being that way make more sense due to the lack of experience)?

I get it, the way Gyeol Ul approached the first patient definitely warranted a scolding from Jeong Won and I don’t condone that at all but it seems that they both approach informing patients in a pretty similar way (very clinical and explaining all possibilities good or bad, from my perspective that is).Would love your responses on this though, just something I noticed in between discussions. I know close to nothing about medicine so I’d love to hear your takes on this. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3