[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

@nrllee I think it will be too boring if two people just click on everything. It would be really exciting and swoonworthy if, you know, ik Jun gives up his city life  to go and live in the country side for song hwa. I want to see a couple who overcome their differences and meet in the middle because their love is strong and letting go is not an option for them. Maybe I'm wrong, since she is already in her 40s, song hwa might just want a calm and comfortable life without much drama. Who knows what the writer has in store for us. I'm team song hwa anyways. Lol. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Ketu R said:

Am I the only one who believes there is going to be no red herring. I think all loveliness are pretty much well set up.

Ik sun- J wan- This is pretty much a done deal. 

Ik Jun- Swang hwa- It is obvious. 

After watching todays show even I am thinking the same.  They were so blatant today with Ik Jun and Song Hwa. I had dejavu of reply 88 watching their scenes . First scene had SH ready for wedding . They showed her changing shoes probably indicating moving on. When IJ asked about the dinner in the evening her choice of words was when father Anh calls we have to go. The next shot was them sitting facing each other .She was bandaging his fingers  and there were flowers visible in the background.

Second scene was them having dinner which was supposed to be treat given by dr Anh. They were on same side while other three facing them.She was laughing happily at Ik Joon’s jokes which others were finding lame. Third was him walking on her while she was changing and she helped him wash his face. All their scenes were so domesticated.

I was always wondering what is the connection with mafia game and the show because pd seems to talk abt it a lot. I guess the clue was in the game. In the first game chosen one was Madam Rosa . Second game chosen one was director Joo. His name in the show almost sounds like Jo jung seok. The pair they always show after these two is Ik Joon and Song Hwa. 

I am also thinking the pairs are probably very much set. This is anyway not a romance drama so it does make sense to not give importance to unnecessary twists about lovelines. Probably for same reason the makers are saying this is not reply 88.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

.  That’s why pay attention to meal times and details.  Because PD has already said that’s where all the hidden relationships will play out.  

Ohhh trust me, I do pay way more attention to the meal times. That's where my Jun wan-songhwa ship radar is turned on in each ep. LOL. 

@dairymilks I'm kinda worried about that last line saying "the time is running out" It feels omnious. We already saw him rubbing his forehead couple of times in this ep. Hmmm. The writers are not that cruel to throw a terminal illness for one of the main character, right?  We have two more seasons coming anyway. Sigh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4

12 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I think it will be too boring if two people just click on everything. It would be really exciting and swoonworthy if, you know, ik Jun gives up his city life  to go and live in the country side for song hwa. I want to see a couple who overcome their differences and meet in the middle because their love is strong and letting go is not an option for them.

That’s what a lot of young people think - that love is all about overcoming differences and opposites attract. Yes I am old.  My children are at the age where they can get married.  But speaking from experience, the relationships that last would be ones with similar mindsets and values.  Take a look at IJ and his wife.  They were different as night and day.  IJ adores UJu.  His wife prioritises career over family. Why didn’t their relationship work?  If it is true that opposites attract like you say, why did they end up divorcing?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

@Doremi The parallelisms as well! Last time we had Ikjoon talking about flowers then there was Jongsu identifying them in Rosa’s porch. This ep, the two men are bruised and were being nagged at by the women. A bit of a reach but really, it’s odd that their scenes are kinda similar. 

@kokodus Omg wait. Didn’t he say his head felt like it was about to crack in episode 1? What if he was already exhibiting symptoms at the time?? Then Songhwa proceeded to say, “...then you’ll die.” :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 2

Holy crap the MV and the ost really... they really play with all of our feelings 

The voice is just too good and i couldnt wait to add it into my playlist.

Its alright for with my tears to take the #1 from aloha because the song is just that good!!!!

And you know in MV THE MADMAN ACTUALLY INSERT DR JANG ASKING MINHA IN THE EPISODE 7 CUT SCENE THE ONE AFTER SHE GOT SICK AND GOT BED REST AND JEONGWON GIVE HIM MESSAGE. 

They really toying with us for the winter couple ship huh.

Also the memories of ikjunXsonghwa couple....

But seriously what do you guys think if.......

Ik jun end up with dr jang.

Song hwa end up with dr ahn.

Seok hyung with dr min ha

Junghwan with ik sun

And lastly jeong won..... with dr bae?? Feels like leftover tho but his priest wish will be shutdown as fast as his heart broke seing jang goes with other man from her mother. 

It is really a high possibilty but ofcourse i know everyone would like

JeongwonXjang

And

IkjunxSonghwa

Me too included. 

Right now the director tease us with more and more of winter couple because they knew that this couple is the most popular one. And possibly the hardest to happen yet.

One want to be a priest and act like buddha and kind to everyone ( except junwan haha )

One is a controversial figure that many didnt like at first ( until now too maybe? ) mostly about her job at taking care of the patient. And also her bluntness.

Its like two worlds colide and now after the burn after 5 episode? It now part aways from each other but you know the farther two of them away the stronger the support for it to comeback together.

If u watch the MV of OST 8 you can see that most of the scene is...... Winter couple scene ( yeah some is ikjun songhwa but mostly winter couple ) this song is like the cherry on top for yesterday episode ending. 

But step aside because the two world will reunite soon. Maybe not as fast but it will

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Seok Hyung and Min Ha's part was an absolute highlight for me......I can see Min Ha's respect and admiration for Seok Hyung growing past this and also that Seok Hyung seems more relaxed around her. The way he mentors her is amazing which raises problem....its never a good idea to get feelings mixed up with mentor ship, it is common in hospital setup in real life and in reel life but its also ethically grey area. I can see these two growing closer now for 100% now. Jun Wan seems sure about Ik Sun but Ik Sun has a painful break up......I hope they can survive it......also can't wait for Ik Jun's reaction. Jun Wan is also climbing the administrative ladder so it will be interesting going forward.

2 hours ago, maggiee said:

PS: Maybe tomorrow I will jump in SeokHyeong and MinHa ship. I can't wait to see more of them, now that SeokHyeong call MinHa comfortably. yeay.

After yesterday's episode I have jumped in the SH-MH ship! They are good for each other, both professionally and personally. We saw how profession wise they understand and support each other well, I predict with SH's mom in hospital we are going to see how even on a personal front these two are perfect. I think MH is going to play an important role in comforting SH (or maybe not who knows with this drama). And once this ship sails I believe Ik Jun and Seong Hwa will also start moving.

Also the scene where she admitted to him how she had been cursing him to herself throughout the day was just so adorable! Now we know how she and Dr Jang are good buddies- both are very straightforward and wear their heart on their sleeves. MH also proved to be a caring friend today by encouraging Dr Jang to move on and setting her up with a good looking chap. Anyone else who found that guy good looking (the one who picked Dr Jang)? He had such intense eyes!! I'd like to see more of him with Dr. Jang with Andrea hovering around. We need more of those dazed expressions that Andrea had today when Dr Jang left.

Also when Ik Jun and gang picked up Andrea towards the end, Ik Jun asked him if he say an angel. I just wanted to shout YESSS he saw his sweet angel Dr Jang leaving!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 4

i saw in mydramalist website no pictures yet for the extension character for season 2 so there is a possibility that some of the character wont be there anymore... please writernim don't break our "WINTER GARDEN" we want mini wintergarden running around :blush:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, nrllee said:

That’s what a lot of young people think - that love is all about overcoming differences and opposites attract. Yes I am old.  My children are at the age where they can get married.  But speaking from experience, the relationships that last would be ones with similar mindsets and values.  Take a look at IJ and his wife.  They were different as night and day.  IJ adores UJu.  His wife prioritises career over family. Why didn’t their relationship work?  If it is true that opposites attract like you say, why did they end up divorcing?

You are playing the age card with me because you know how old I am. LOL. But even if I'm a 40 years old ahjumma, what I want from my dramas won't change. Real life is boring and monotonous as it is, i want my dramas to be more exciting and give me all feels. 

IJ divorced his wife because he doesn't love her and clearly she didn't either as she cheated on him. Simple. He loves song hwa and his wife loved IkJun's friend. LOL. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Hi Guys, I'm noob in this forum..

Just saw this video on YouTube.. 

This video show how lonely Ik-Jun is on this drama.. He always try make himself as clown in this drama, when he's the one who really need someone to comfort him.. He always alone when he try to solve his problem.. So that's why I think he really need someone who can comfort him too.. Maybe that scene with Song-Hwa try to tell us, Song-Hwa who can help to comfort Ik-Jun..

N if PD try to push Gyo-Eul to Ik-Joon later, I think it'll be no good.. coz Gyo-Eul never seen give comfort to Ik-Joon, when Ik-Joon has a problem.. Always Ik-Joon who comfort Gyo-Eul.. So i think Ik-Joon need someone who can saw his loneliness.. He always hide his feeling n only show his clown side to others..

So we need to think who can comfort Ik-Joon in this drama.. After saw ep 1-8, I only saw Song-Hwa who can do that to him.. other than our cutie U-Ju.. hehehehe

Edited by zonk90
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Wow wow wow...too many theories for the shipping :thumbsup: bravo bravo sistah :grimace: whatever it is, I just accept it :joy:

Because I'm crying with MinAh :cry: 

You go girl! 

Ok why I'm crying, this is just a drama lolol *mco make me like this

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kokodus said:

But even if I'm a 40 years old ahjumma, what I want from my dramas won't change. Real life is boring and monotonous as it is, i want my dramas to be more exciting and give me all feels. 

Good for you.  Just go along for the ride.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Vagabond said:

Am i the only one who's really happy when madame Rosa try to matchmaking Jeong Won and Song Hwa ? 

I prefer Jeong Won and Songhwa rater WinterGarden Couple :')

I love Ik Jun and Song Hwa, but somehow i prefer Jeong Won and Song Hwa for the endgame.

I found this shipping is quite unpopular since a lot of people shipping for WinterGarden Couple.

But at least i am happy because i can write my opinion to this forum.

Let's see what happens next!

TBH Jeong Won and Song Hwa is my dream ship, I was grinning the whole time Rosa mentions her to her son. Given that Song Hwa is the only female lead I believe she'll end up with any of the 4 guy friends but Jun Wan has Ik Sun already and Seok Hyong is getting closer to Min Ha.  that leaves Ik Jun and Jeong Won in the race for Song Hwa's heart whatever I'm open to whom Song Hwa ends up with I've learned my lesson from Reply 1994 I've invested so much emotions with Chilbong and Na Jung I end up brokenhearted. I hope there will be a season end wedding for Jun Wan ang Ik Sun and the fab 5 will sing at the reception that would be glorious. 

• Like 7

Have always been a lurker of this thread but I can’t help but give in and join you guys in your theories HAHA

My number one ship (due to personal biases) is really IJ-SHwa. But for some reason I can feel a good possibility of the direction moving towards IJ-Jang and also the theories about Jeongwon-SHwa kinda made sense, at least from Jeongwon’s side (not totally brushing off Rosa shipping them, his attention and care towards SHwa). Also haven’t really felt any giddy romance from IJ-SHwa after their flashback in ep 6. Their recent interactions were cute but not really romantic.

Also, I agree that PDnim is trying to show parallelism between Rosa-Jongsu and SHwa-IJ (even their names are somewhat similar). Their relationship dynamic is really the same with the females being more motherly looking out for and nagging the guys. From the preview as well Jongsu was diagnosed with early stage depression and it reminded me of IJ always keeping his problems to himself and being alone in his room thinking deeply. Not sure tho about the direction PDnim would like to take this. Will IJ be like Jongsu being happy and carefree on the outside but ended up having depression or will he get enough support to overcome this. Will the younger couple also grow up to being really close friends with separate families or will they be the one to breakout from Rosa’s loveless marriage.

Anyway as for IJ’s loveline, a very important factor to note is that he has Uju. Uju is the world for him and I can see Uju being a big factor in any of his decisions. With that, I can’t really see any of the women characters being able to intergrate effectively into IJ’s family aside from SHwa. Can’t see the other girls being a mother to Uju.

But then there’s the possibility with IJ not having a loveline at all. Which is just sad cuz JJS is really good at romantic characters HAHHAHAHA

Btw, from the part 8 OST MV I think the lovelines were pretty clear. Maybe they won’t trick us this time.

IDK ALL THESE THEORIES ARE CONFUSING ME maybe i should just fo with the flow and enjoy the show. I guess the theories are just helping me cope with the 1 week of waiting. 

OH WELL 4 EPISODES TO GO. Then a whole year of waiting. Hopefully they don’t leave us hanging too much HAHAHAH

Edited by KDramaFan0828
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

Exactly that's what I thought. Lol. He seemed like a puppy too. Lol.

I really love their interaction. Already can imagine they will become a funny family. A cool mom and a goofy dad!

Seriously. No one could really tell how this type of man always ranked first in his faculty. Song hwa was right in episode 3. Ik Jun needs to stop playing and moving around. I can't help but laughing. Make my stomach hurts.

Yup and I also wonder why the PD let this scene happened. Why do IJ need SW to wash his face even when he has UJu at home who can help him with that? Or that not somebody else but must be SW? They should have their intention showing us this way.

SW spends lots of personal interaction with him up to now and even laugh with his jokes when the others feel no fun at all. She knows he is about to touch the kettle without seeing as well as he knows she needs somebody with her in ep 6. He has been seen at her office more often, and based on their conversation then she comes to his often as well...

Plus how she treats UJu as her son.

It is really hard not go on this ship for me. Haha.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

i saw in mydramalist website no pictures yet for the extension character for season 2 so there is a possibility that some of the character wont be there anymore... please writernim don't break our "WINTER GARDEN" we want mini wintergarden running around :blush:

Since Hospital Playlist has been confirmed as a multi season drama,  big chance that there will be changes to the actors. It would be interesting who among the fab five would re-appear in Season 2. JJS, YYS and JKH are in the most in demand list of SK actors.

JJS - I’m looking at the scenario that he has found love again with Song Wah perhaps? or Gyeu-ol (I’m jumping on the bandwagon of a possibility based on the theories I read here. IK Jung do have a soft spot for Gyeo-ul. I did mention this in my earlier post:D). He’ll stay at Yulje. However, he is expecting his first child in real life, so he might take some time off to be with his wife and new baby...or another project could already be on the helm for him.

YYS - I’m looking at the scenario that Jeong Won would go ahead with theology studies in Italy...but at the expense of breaking his Mom’s heart? I don’t see that happening at this stage. Unless, they will ‘kill’ Jung Rosa’s character (she’s another in demand actress too. I’ve seen her in few dramas as leads playing either a mother or a CEO). I’m hoping though that ‘Winter Garden’ will sail. Jeong Won is loveable already. Our Gyeu-ol would learn a lot from him and see a character growth in season 2. Another BUT, he is a busy actor and in demand as well.

JKH - found true love with IK Sun...and eventually got married after overcoming the emotional hurdles faced. Would he stay at Yulje as chief of the Cardiothoracic Surgery department? But Ik Sun is stationed in the country side as army Captain. With two headstrong characters, who will yield? However, he is another in demand actor like JJS and YYS.

JMD - with the current pandemic, chances are - musicals in SK are on hold. So there is a possibility of her coming back in season 2, plus the popularity of this drama it will definitely open new doors for this talented and petite actress in the small screen.

KMD - I didn’t watch Misaeng drama, I read that’s where he was recognised. I did watch a web drama on Netflix as Lee Kwang Soo’s brother (forgot the title). He was really funny there. I like SH character very much. Pretty subdued and brings calm to the riot :). He looks so cuddly like a teddy bear. I anticipate he would still be in season 2, purely for the reason that I don’t really know much about him. Is he a musical actor as well?

I would really like for the 5 supporting actors playing the Residents to be in season 2. I am enjoying them as much as the Fabulous 5. Let doctors Jang Gyeo-ul, Ahn Chi Hong, Chu Minah, Do Jae Hak and Yong Seok Min stay for Season 2 please....

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I am thoroughly enjoying this drama and it has led me to return to soompi to talk about it. 

I love how the drama balances out the professional and human element of the concept. Their friendship and individual personalities made the drama really exciting and addicting. I am also very well invested in winter garden, Ik jun made me laugh out loud a lot since first episode while the others is admirable and made me realise and reflect on how things are simllar to real life events. Jun wan in particular is relatable, its quite easy for subordinate or juniors to misinterpret and have incorrect perception about their leads or seniors - and I guess that is just how people are in life. 

My winter garden. GW is a balance of a naive, no bs, quiet and at times still rather immature woman. I like how she's showing her girly side from wanting to know more about JW and seeing his picture yet not too bothered about pleasing others and always about doing the right thing. Its refreshing to have female characters that are so transfixed and reliant on man that they easily show obvious signs of being heartbroken, getting drunk and calling the man out. Minha is the same, I see her drinking because of work moreso than man. GW maintained a good senior-juniour relationship with IJ partly because of JW and had only decided to finally ask him out because she heard that he went out with others.

I guess this is why I am so into Winter garden - they both were not all that into relationship and in a way showing each other (and me) the subtle signs of their feelings. Aside from some scenes of GW interacting with IJ, hoping for JW to praise and notice her, and obviously crushed after learning more things about JW - I didn't see her stalking him or trying too hard to be obvious about her one-sided crushes or trying to invade JW's space. 

JW in my views has shown a lot of hints of how much his feelings towards her is developing from initially saying she is not her cup of tea - where I think is the beginning of him noticing her, to realising how he may have been wrong about it. I  think there is more to when he actually started noticing her because it felt like it could have been much longer than the incident with the kid's mother. For him to purposely gone over to IK to tell her that GW is "off limits" even before witnessing the maggots situation is very interesting. The maggots is definitely the shift of his thoughts about her. Considering that he is inexperienced about love and didn't seem to be that interested in woman before, I can imagine why some feelings may be new to him so he would rather avoid and hide - it is also possible that for most of his life that's what he has been doing - keeping his feelings under control and not acting on it because of his first love for god. 

He is devoted and also filial son - so I think his wishes to turn into a priest was more because all his siblings have turned into one and he following their footsteps. Being a doctor also means that he was following the footsteps of her father because he sees both being a doctor and priest as providing the service in line with his beliefs. JW needs to now open up and stay true to his feelings so he can start making efforts and more steps towards GW. 

A couple of things I noticed that were clear hints of his potential feelings towards her

1. JW pulling her aside to mentor her in the ER away from others' ears and eyes

2. Actually sharing the thought that she is not his cup of tea. Like JW said he doesn't talk bad about others before . And this also meant that he spent time observing and thinking about GW

3. Purposely looking and going over to IJ to tell him that GW is a no-no, when he really didn't need to 

4. Knowing that Minha is one of close colleagues - at lunch and while waiting at the entrance. 

5. Pretty observant about her being hungry and enjoying the chocopie to even naturally slide over the remaining packets to her 

6. Sending a GWS message to her with a smiley

7. Willing to meet others for movies and lunch/dinner and not worried about leading on the ladies, but not with GW. It doesn't make sense why he need to emphasize about going out in a group with the others except with GW and felt a little uncomfortable with the thought of saying yes to meet GW outside work just with the two of them

8. No praising GW for running after the criminal to me speaks volume of how worried and how much he disagreed with her decision. He didn't express it verbally, but his actions is enough to tell me he is not happy or impressed with it so no praises for her. I dont think GW was trying to impress him by doing so but she knew that by right an abuser will not get away with it. 

9.  No being able to answer IJ about what he thought of GW, but it also seems that he was feeling uncomfortable or finding trouble to openly discuss about it - because by doing so he would be accepting his feelings. If he thought of her as a junior colleague he would have easily answered this question. Why would it be so hard? 

10. When he answered his mom and friends that he has someone he is interested in - partly I feel he was not only refering to God but also a person. 

11. When the supervisors were all talking about GW's incident with drug addict - he was not interested as if it was not a big deal. He was busy but also considering he did not have a strong opinion about it in support or otherwise, makes me think that his initial thoughts about GW being reckless had changed and he knew she would make the right decision about it, though maybe not the best approach. It'd be interesting to see whether this would change in time. 

12. Obviously the small talk at the entrance - when he realised that she is leaving early, also the tone of is curious voice to confirm whether she is meeting minha. Because it seems that he is confident enough that GW doesn't have much social friends.... until he saw the driver and felt all he needed to feel including maybe the thought of losing her.

I am excited for next episode because of the preview because it seemed that IJ has something planned, and maybe he managed to get a confession from JW and so needed to find out if GW is still into him - and then carry out the plan to just get them together "accidentally". Or maybe its just his plan to try and get JW to stop denying and just  realising his feelings towards GW. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1