Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

Because shipping is all I can do   

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which three pairings would you most like to see?

• Kim Jun wan/ Chae Song Hwa
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/Chae Song hwa
    • Lee Ik Jun /Chae Song hwa
    • Ahn Jeong won/ Chae song hwa
    • Yang Seok hyeong/Chae song hwa
    • Kim Jun wan/Lee Ik sun
    • Ahn Jeong Won/Jang Gyeo Wool (Dr. Maggot)
    • Ahn Jeong won/Bae Jun hee (ER resident)
    • Ahn Jeong Won/The Lord ( LOLOL)
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Jang Gyeo ul
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Go Ara
    • Yang Seok Hyeong/ Chu Min ha (Obgyn resident)
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/ Lee Ik sun
    • Chairman Ju Jung Su/ Madam Rosa
    • Lee Woo Joo(Uju)/ Mo Ne

Hong-Do & Yoon-Bok Relay Cam feat. Jung Kyung-Ho (subbed)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi all. It feels so nice to find a good drama that can push me to come back and post on soompi. 

I thought i was minority when i ship Ik Jun with Gyeo Wool. I vote for them in the poll. From the moment IJ tried to get her sympathy to help him with the surgery, i ship them, then when i found out GW liked JW, i said, oh well, anything best for the girl, but i still cheer on IJ and GW and get easily excited even at their smallest moments. Like one of the posters above said, it's mostly IJ who supports GW when she's in hard time, and he's the one who compliments her effort of delivering the liver on time safely. But then the behind videos of the winter garden came out and i'm torn.

Romance is never the main charm of this drama, it's the heart, the sincerity, and the friendship that make people stay. Romance does make it more fun though. With that being said i have no problem with whatever the final results of the pairings will be

I like how the last episode highlight the difficulties and challenges faced by the doctors, especially the residents. Those who have experienced working in any field will understand the struggles. Trying to separate your own personal problem and still be professional like Jae Hak, dealing with unresponsible colleague that only adding your already many tasks like Min Ah. This one hits way too close to home for me, i recall my own experience when i see it, just like Min Ah said, "is she the only one having hard time?". And also dealing with backlash even when you're doing the right thing like Gyeo Wool. Though i admit she can use better way to say it to the patient. But at that moment with that kind of patient i do think he will only shut up with that kind of remarks GW make. 

There are so many relatable moments in this episode. Like how the pregnant woman gets so irritating when she instructs MA to turn off the monitor and check on her more frequently instead. In MA pov, it's so annoying, like do you think i have nothing to do besides taking care of you, i have been in night shifts with overload work and many patients to take care of these days! But she just smiled awkwardly which is a VERY right and wise and mature thing to do. But then when you see the pregnant woman pov, you can understand that behaviour, she feels anxious seeing that monitor, she's had a hard time dealing with the pain and worry about her baby's safety. And when she thank MA at the end, it's just so heartwarming but heartbreaking at the same time. 

Last thing is how IJ considerately suggest the depressed family to move to bigger hospital room with more patients. It's huge action that can only be thought by sincerely caring doctor. He understands right away the nature of that household and know exactly that what they need is companion of others who share the same or similar situations. And it really does help them get through it.

Gosh i'm blabbering too much. It just shows how much i love this show. I'm actually not a fan of shows with lots of seasons under it. It just consumes way too much time and most of the times instead of getting better, the show quality downgrades each time it gets extended. But i'm willing to follow the writer and the pd faithfully for the time being.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@nrllee i don't see/feel any romantic inkling towards those scenes as well, they are cute, you will love to see them on screen beckering and taking care of each other but there's something missing, what Ikjun and Shwa have is a type of love or close relationship that is non-romantic. 

• Like 5

You know, I was with Min-ah today when she cried when Seok Hyeong said that the baby is alive and that she did a good job. It was so heartbreakingly beautiful that she was able to save not only one life but two. Min-ah moved me this episode, and I loved it.

Don't worry guys, winter garden is happening. It’s just taking it’s merry time. Also for some reason I don’t see IS-JWon surviving or IJ-SHwa happening.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@im0202 they officially food shipping couple 

# just go away   :tounge_wink:

So funny and so true....doctors and nurses gets excited when patients farts, poops and pees. Because it means all systems are working . And we talk about them,even on lunch breaks:lol: 

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I don’t know about coffee , their alot of coffee cup set , going around the drama , it didn’t mean a thing to me  :joy: 

I agree. I used to think coffee is a theme, but so much coffee drinking and coffee giving happened between everyone so I don't think it means anything anymore. Coffee, chocolates, egg drop sandwiches are being used way to much in all the eps for us to think it's something special. LOL.

But other than coffee, there are other hints for SHwa-JWon, like how he is able to tell what mood she is in just by talking to her on the phone and as @nrllee pointed out he didn't deny that Song hwa and him are only friends to Rosa, just changed the topic. But the problem with this pairing is that only JWon seems to be caring about her, no signs yet from Song hwa. And we have already toyed around the idea that all four boys may have had a crush on her before. The key thing here is who she had a crush on. Still think it's Ikjun. But ofcourse yes after 20 years she might have moved on, and I also thought she was mothering him during those scenes when she washing his face or tending to his fingers. But then you know what, Taek and deoksun had a similar relationship too. DS always dotes on Taek and called herself noona just like Songhwa did. LOL. 

For now, it's safe to say that Song hwa doesn't seem interested to be in a romantic relationship. So I'm just going to leave her alone. 

I must admit that i was not into Wintergarden until now. Mainly because it looked it was going into the unrequited love category. LOL.  But that last scene in 8th ep made me curious. He kinda spaced out after seeing her getting picked up by another guy. I don't know where it will lead, but it's fun guessing. LOL. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Chu MinHa appreciation post is here

I think I can more relate with how Chu MinHa works. She never talks harshly to her patients, even when they act so annoying. She didn't attack her peers with bad words. She didn.t say anything when the patient thinks MinHa can't pardon the patient chit chating with other resident. She even takes her peer night shift and do all the crazy stuff. She only keeps her anger in her heart, until the nurse lets her pour it out, in a closed room. 

She didn't let her anger drive her to say not appropriate words to the patients and she even more thankful that her patient and the child is saved and alive. 

As much as I don't care about Jang Gyeowol or others fashion style, I don't care about MinHa's make up and fashion as well. Even when people bash her because her green make up, I don't think there is anything wrong with that fashion style. Other than that, I feel that her braveness to put such a make up and fashion style is so rare that I feel proud of her. I wonder how she managed to keep calm when people keep commenting her make up or fashion. She didn't let others tell her how to dress or put make up. 

She takes care of her friends (like when Jang GyeoWol is sick or when she treat SeokHyeong, resident, and the nurse for lunch), she takes care of her boss too (like she gets them coffee, or helping SeokHyeong when he ate), she tries to learn from her mistakes (when she know that SeokHyeong is a good doctor and a good person), and she tries to look things from others point of view.

She is sweet to her patients and never say no when they ask  her to check on them or their family. She manages to smile everytime and let the world notices her by her hardworks not by sweet talks to the boss. 

The way she let her anger out when she drinks, I really can relate to it. I can feel her frustation. Even SeokHyeong knew she gets too much burden on her own (poor SeokHyeong, he is awkward and didn't know how to help or cheer her, but eventually he got her teoppokki. He is afraid MinHa will quit if they lost the patient, oh I am really glad he cares that much for MinHa). And with that much in her shoulder, she didn't get the princess treatment like how things done in GS. And that is more relatable to me in the real work life world.  

Now I know why SongHwa wants her to be her resident. MinHa even knows how to cheer up the mood better. 

Chu MinHa, you go girl! Like SeokHyeong said before, you will be a good doctor :)

PS: Maybe tomorrow I will jump in SeokHyeong and MinHa ship. I can't wait to see more of them, now that SeokHyeong call MinHa comfortably. yeay.

• Like 14
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, tas82 said:

:D nice one @Kaizen68

Felt like something has just awoken. Priesthood definitely ain't getting a new trainee. 

I second the motion :lol: third the motion :blush: forth the motion:kiss_wink:.

Is it possible that Jwon thought thet Ikjun has feeling for Dr. Jang? Coz he often mention her and request for her. Ikjun and Dr. Jang will be a nice couple too but i wont give up on "WINTER GARDEN" too. But i'm not happy with the approval of Priesthood :cry:.  Remember the guy who threaten Jwon the one Dr. Jang run after  what will be his role to the couple?

As for Iksun and Jwan , hope it will be smooth end up getting married so they will be couple in season 2. I can't wait to see the reaction of Ikjun.

• Like 3

OST 8 MV is out:

jnkWPm0.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

What if Ik sun gets pregnant? They seem to be ticking off all the boxes in the checklist one by one in each ep. They met, he asked her out to eat Jajjangmyeon, said he like her, kissed her, slept together. The next obvious step is marriage but since Iksun doesn't seem to be interested in marriage, what if she gets pregnant first. LOL. I also think what they show in the preview shouldn't be trusted. It looked like they both were tense while talking about marriage, but it might have went smoothly too. I hear wedding bells already. LOL. But before that i desperately want to see what Ikjun will do when he hears Jun wan knocked up his sister. LOL. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

SeokHyeong deserve to have someone beside him (Minha) will be a great support). he gone thru alot separation, sister death, mother got stroke, please don't let the mom die. he had enough :cold_sweat:

• Like 10

I looked on "My ......." not sure if Soompi allows us to mention other sites and it says Season 2 it will aired on June 21???

:w00t::crazy:

Is this true?

A whole year to wait ?

Its like GOT  all over again

I thought 2 other K dramas in NF with multiple seasons were only few months apart.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I agree. I used to think coffee is a theme, but so much coffee drinking and coffee giving happened between everyone so I don't think it means anything anymore. Coffee, chocolates, egg drop sandwiches are being used way to much in all the eps for us to think it's something specia

It’s there for sure. But it does need a lot of analysis so most people will just think it’s just product placement.  The egg drop sandwiches are product placement. And so are the chocolates.  Because at the end credits you see all the sponsors and Egg Drop and the chocolate candy are there.  Coffee for it to be PPL, you generally have to show the machine (Nespresso) or the logo.  That’s the beauty of this PD/writer pairing.  If you look hard you will see what they’ve dropped as hints.  The song Aloha...have you seen the original movie?  The girl makes coffee for her man.  And he drinks it.  The only person so far that SHwa has made coffee for and who has drunk it with her has been Andrea (in couple mugs).  And if you want to look at couple outfits, the matching bibs at dinner.  :lol:.  PD has already pointed out that meal times are the times where the hints are the greatest.  Who is the one who always singles out SHwa?  Andrea.  He asks for her opinion when they were chatting about SH’s dad.  He is the one to give her stuff at the first dinner without even being asked to.  The tissue, the pain relief patch.  These are things that point to a meeting of the minds.  Their shared values (both Christian).  Jang is Buddhist.  Jang looks to have moved on.  Good for her.

So hang in there Andrea/SHwa shippers, there are 2 more seasons.  Rosa is on our ship and she’s a formidable woman.  She doesn’t take no for an answer.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

As for IJ and SHwa scenes this episode?  She’s mothering him - cleaning his face like a mother does her child.  Bandaging him so he looks like a frog/lizard. :lol: So nothing romantic is happening in that space.

The one thing that threw me off today was SHwa laughing at IJ jokes.  

• Like 1

I forgot one more thing. Isn't it adorable that 3 professors come into the hospital chief office when the chief calls GW supervisor? The only professor needed is actually the other professor (i dont know his name) who is also the patient's doctor, since he is also from general surgery, he is also GW supervisor. I dont think IJ is needed. But it can be understandable since he is also GS prof and IJ is so famous for being caring. But JW? Even if she is in his department for that particular month, but the incident doesnt happen in his department, so it actually unnecesary for both IJ and JW to be in that place. They could just tell the other prof to defend GW if things turn bad and may affect GW and tell them the results. But they choose to spare their time and be there to hear the result themselves and defend her if things become worse. 

This is the second time that the professors show their affections to GW. There must be reason to it. More than just the fact that she's the only resident among the 13 prof at GS department. And i hope we get to see it later. Just like we see Min Ha shines in this episode.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Just now, kokodus said:

What if Ik sun gets pregnant? They seem to be ticking off all the boxes in the checklist one by one in each ep. They met, he asked her out to eat Jajjangmyeon, said he like her, kissed her, slept together. The next obvious step is marriage but since Iksun doesn't seem to be interested in marriage, what if she gets pregnant first. LOL. I also think what they show in the preview shouldn't be trusted. It looked like they both were tense while talking about marriage, but it might have went smoothly too. I hear wedding bells already. LOL. But before that i desperately want to see what Ikjun will do when he hears Jun wan knocked up his sister. LOL. 

I hope the writernim will not separate the couple Iksun had made Jwan a better man isn't :blush:. Its the first time he get serious in love.  Maybe Iksun has bad/tragic experience from past relationship thats why she is hesistant of accepting Jwan affection first (remember what Dr. Ahn said to Ikjun) But writernim don't to this to us. We are gladly sacrificing Madam Rosa and Jong so Couple :mrgreen:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, nrllee said:

.  The only person so far that SHwa has made coffee for and who has drunk it with her has been Andrea (in couple mugs).  

That is not true actually. Jun wan had coffee in her room in the early eps and in the last ep after the egg cracking fight, she asked Jun wan whether he is not staying for coffee. So it is clear that she makes coffee for everyone who comes into her room. LOLOL. 

24 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Who is the one who always singles out SHwa?  Andrea.  He asks for her opinion when they were chatting about SH’s dad.  He is the one to give her stuff at the first dinner without even being asked to.  The tissue, the pain relief patch.  

Yesh these are all true. I acknowledge it. But you do see the pattern here, right?!? He is the one doing things for her, there are absolutely no signs from her. She even refused to give him bread. Hahahahahaha. And don't throw religion at me. I will be extremely mad if they pair up two people just because they are both Christians or Buddhists or whatever. LOL. 

• Like 10
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

I looked on "My ......." not sure if Soompi allows us to mention other sites and it says Season 2 it will aired on June 21???

:w00t::crazy:

Is this true?

A whole year to wait ?

Its like GOT  all over again

I thought 2 other K dramas in NF with multiple seasons were only few months apart.

Next year June 21? ohh there will be time lapse. Uju will be big boy by then, Jwan and Iksun 2 kids. Winter Mother preggy with winter garden Children :mrgreen:  Seohyong and Minha about to get married. Ikjun and Shwa still best of friends or Dr. Ahn still pursuing Shwa. The twin getting to be a doctor.

• LOL 4

Am I the only one who believes there is going to be no red herring. I think all loveliness are pretty much well set up.

Ik sun- J wan- This is pretty much a done deal. They have had the most progress and to break them up would just be cruel now.

Andrea- Dr maggot- Way too much emphasis has been given to her feelings and one sided crush. I just think he likes her too but is conflicted about priesthood.Also Andrea's headache this episode is that some sort of foreshadowing. God I hope not.

Min ha- Suk Kyung- This ep really moved their relationship forward. And he needs someone by his side during his mother's illness. 

Ik Jun- Swang hwa- It is obvious. I don't know how people think this is not the intended pairing. They share the most heart fluttery romantic scenes together. They have chemistry and both of them seem to have unrequited feelings for years. Their timing was off before and now is their time. I dont think the writer would leave ik jun and swang hwa single after making their characters almost too perfect. Heartbreak for either of them would not be a good thing. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

If IJ and SW is the end-game now we obviously know that she will have 2 son - UJu and big UJu :lol:

Love their interaction this ep and awaiting for the driving in the rain next week.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1