[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

All the mothers are like all of you here wanting Song Hwa on your ship :lol:...which mother wouldn't , after all Song Hwa is wonderful.  Plus she is the only girl ...what the mothers need to realise is that there are many fishes out there in the sea. 

By the way the poll officially closed with a record of 218 participants. In all honesty I was hesitant to put up one  ...no mod enjoys going through shipping wars -_-...but I am grateful to you all here for being civil and having fun , and understanding that we're in this drama for the long haul ...things like life can change , nothing is set in stone....so take heart if your ship is drowning or is still stuck at the harbour, who knows what happens in the next 2 seasons.  Winks  at @Lawyerh

Meanwhile our Wintergarden ship may have found the perfect theme song ...:w00t:

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Yeah this was adorable. But they should really stop giving us scenes like this. Me and @Lawyerh are really trying hard to abandon this ship. LOL. This kinda makes it more harder 

It is clear there is such a chemistry between songhwa and Junwan it is enormous, even when Junwan speaks to her, there is a such passion which emerges from him it shows that he likes her very much, but like you, I abandoned this ship

and for IkJun - songhwa I'm just waiting for the last episode of this season to give me a notice lol

Jeongwon is really very cute, well-mannered and all, how songhwa can she navigate around her beautiful  best friends without cracking?:blush::glasses:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

i love how the writer give all the character to shine..and i love shin pd director style..

after geul wol left, jeong won kinda space out before being called by ik jun and ik jun ask why he make that expression and he laugh awkwardly..then later, the scene show ik jun talking and back of him we can see little bit of jeong won spacing out 

we know jeong won emotional totally up and down when it come to his patients 

but now he the patient (he cant denied at the age of early 40’s his heart cant help to wories to miss someone yet he know he had a goal life times which is to became priest where he being hold for years) 

regarding how people said that ik sun and jung hwan kinda weird as no back storie,for me i not agree..cause they at age end of 30’ and early 40’ and both have many experience with relationships..compare to jeong won and geul wol..jung wan and ik sun can start relationships anytime even if they just meet as long they know they like that person...and i like how they kinda compare that

• Like 9
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I bet the Handsome guy is probably her Brother or cousins or something. 

I think that is the guy that Min Ha set up for Jang to have a date with. She told her that he will pick her up at the exit and with a black car. But it is strange that the guy wasn’t even smiling. I expected the person to come down and open the door for her, for JWon to see. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

Hey Guys, just wanted to drop in to say that this drama is my weekly dose of near perfect entertainment. The past few months of real life for the world have been gloomy but reel world has managed to give us some back to back good watches with Hospital Playlist being one of them! Yay it finally made me re-register to Soompi.

This drama makes me so many feel so many contradictory emotions in just one episode, i feel happy and laugh one minute and end up crying a few minutes later, I'm swooning over the ships one minute and right after consumed by how heartwarming and platonic the friendship is between these 5 friends! And I not only love our 5 friends but the supporting casts as well, the residents, nurses, OG friends, patients and their stories which I think elevates the episodes to so much more.

friendships and all the characters is primarily what keeps this show on my favorite list! But I even think that a little shipping won't harm much! ;p ( or it may, looking at the writer-pd's previous track record, I'm anticipating to be heartbroken over lost loves, lost chances and missed timings once again, I'm going to go in fully prepared this time!!)

If lovelines are concerned- my assumption is for characters is;

Jun Wan - Ik Sun seem a canon ship and would be so, though we might see the relationship being tumultuous over seasons. But their scenes currently are so heart fluttering. I think we need more such guys in dramaland who are THIS smooth with their lady!!

Winter Garden- Damn they are living to their "winter" ship name! They're such a slow burn couple and I have a feeling the PD-writer are going to milk this couple until the end, seeing how they're kind of popular amongst the fans. This pair currently has my interest in them piqued at highest. Though I'm not able to pinpoint exact reason for it, but i think part of it is because of Gyeo Ul's innocent/persistent crush or is it because Jeong Won's inaccessible emotions/feelings (if any) towards the cold & awkward Resident. But i think that's the charm of this couple, i just don't know what's going so i can interpret his actions the way it suits my narrative. Like sometimes I think him being distant and cold around her is probably because he is unsure how to navigate conversations around her since they seem quite awkward around each other, other times I think he does like her but not sure how to act around those feelings or may be doesnt want to act around them because of his priestly aspirations. Nonetheless super super curious to see how this unfolds!

As for Ik Jun and Song Hwa - i think it's going to be a triangle with Chi Hong in the picture and thus i am going to keep a 10 meter distance from this triangular loveline. Though i want to know which of the two men are going to get JungPal-ed this season. My gut is leaning towards ACH for this series.( logic being - R88 had emphasized on lost chances and missed timing , but HP episodes have been emphasizing on Second chances for people, thus IJ being SHwa partner deduction)

Looking forward to watch this weeks episode and then comment further about it!!

P.S. - I love love love their band performances!! <3

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

My heart breaks for these residents.. especially dr.Chu Min Ha :bawling:

And thank you so much, Seokhyungah, for taking care of her...

I think, these are the most beautiful words ever said in today’s episode

B984F50E-D0E3-421D-ADC7-EC1AB78DA06F.jpg

.. for people who’ve been so tired and almost give up..it means a lot 

Even i felt comforted as well

• Like 10
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, im0202 said:

Well Dad Ik-Jun needs to play Cupid now for WinterGarden!!! I am placing all my hopes on him:D

Episode 9 preview giving me a bit of hope... look at Jeongwon’s reaction!! Haven’t scrutinised the preview yet but maybe there’s hope for IkSong lol

Yesss! I want Ik-jun to play a slightly more active role in bringing our Winter couple together!! I honestly think after today's episode that Jeongwon needs a little nudge in the right direction (Towards Dr. Jang I mean) and if someone can do that then we all know its Ik-Jun. But I have to say I like the cold shoulder Dr. Jang gave towards the end to JW, she has this no nonsense attitude which I find very attractive. The preview seems promising for our Winter couple- fingers crossed chingus.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 5

1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

i watch the raw video seems that Jwon omma so disappointed at him what is the mom saying to him?

During this episode, it is near to her 70th birthday.

He is discussing with her, he will send her for a holiday, throw a birthday party for her, and make some filial plans.

He forgot his phone and left the office, she received a call from the priest association that Jwon's application is successful.

She is very angry and told him, "I don't need you to make any birthday plan. Just stay by my side and not be a priest. It's ok if you don't visit me or call me regularly, I just want a normal son who has a normal life." Something like that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, loveiskim said:

My heart breaks for these residents.. especially dr.Chu Min Ha :bawling:

And thank you so much, Seokhyungah, for taking care of her...

I think, these are the most beautiful words ever said in today’s episode

.. for people who’ve been so tired and almost give up..it means a lot 

Even i felt comforted as well

I totally agree with you. 

I feel comforted as well. 

A lot of times, we did what we are expected of. And because it is expected, we don't receive praises for it. 

Being a responsible person is that you just do what you are responsible of as a duty, so often you don't think of getting thanks for what you are expected to do. 

So yes, receive acknowledgement and thanks like this, sometimes is all it needs for tiny tiny push to continue onward :) 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

For some reason, the IS-Jwon couple isn’t doing anything for me.

I agree, JKH is what brought me into the show. And from the first episode onwards I was shipping Jwon with Shwa. But then Captain Ahn happened and i was so onboard with him and Shwa. And ever since Jwon showed that he was interested in IS I felt like something was missing between them. Maybe it’s because it happened too soon between them and we didn’t see them all flustered around each other in the start. So maybe that’s why I’m not that interested in their story.

The couple that’s capturing my heart and soul right now is the winter garden couple. I have so much high hopes for these two. For real, the slow burn is so much. I have always been on the winning side in all of Shin Won Ho’s dramas (Yoon Jae and Shi Won in Reply 1997, Na Jeung and Trash oppa in Reply 1994 and Taek and Deuk Sun in Reply 1988) so I’m telling you, I’m so right this time too. Winter Garden couple is happening and if it doesn’t, I will do ten rounds in the girl’s playground nekkid- 

aNYWAY,

Boy, this doc is super handsome :wub:

photo470749.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Wayment!!! I thought the preview was trolling us, but it does seem like Ikjoon and Songhwa went out together. Songhwa had an emergency call from Yulje so Ikjoon drove her there (white car)? Notice how Ikjoon is wearing the same outfit when he was with Jungwon.

The first half was so hilarious especially Ikjoon and Songhwa’s scenes. The mojito-Maldives joke really worked on me, as well as when Ikjoon asked Seokhyung to adopt him because samedt. But Chu Minha’s arc had me bawling, I could just feel how exhausted she was about everything, then came Do Jaeyoung’s case. What Seokhyung said about responsibility > brains resonated with me, as a mediocre student-adult who does her best to be competent. Dr. Eunwon seems really suspicious btw.

The residents today all had to deal with quitting in this episode. Jang Gyeoul with her one-sided crush, Chu Minha’s resignation due to fatigue, and Do Jaehak’s resignation because of his personal problems. 

This is why Dramafever/Viki subs are so much better. The mojito-Maldives joke originated from Lee Byunghun’s character in Inside Men, where he also had a dismembered hand. https://m-en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20161010005800315

qbt29MT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Demetan Croaker tells the story of a poor frog named Dematan who befriends a popular, sweet frog named Ranatan. Cute!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

I love Juwan much. Tsundere characters are my weakness and boy is he the most perfect kind. Although he allows himself he come off as cold or indifferent (I think he just has strict professional lines he does not want to cross. He also doesn’t want to get too emotional about work least he gets drained or emotions lead his decision making), he cates about his patients and co-workers so much. I loved that he asked for the heart so they could research and potentially save other children. What he did for his resident was huge and is something he would have done for anyone because he knew what was being requested wasn’t fair tho the doctor or situation. LOVE HIM. 

Yes, Jeong-won rejected Dr. Jang.  I was so happy about that! I don’t care, I don’t care what I know about this team of writer and PD; JEONG-WON LIKES DR. JANG. I’m also happy he got accepted to Italy priesthood training. The fact that he puts off the interview is telling. The fact that he’s been putting it all off (“just one more year”) is knowing. I need him to come to the realization that priesthood isn’t what he truly desires and that the things he believes he can achieve as a priest; he’s already doing so in his role in pediatrics. I don’t want him to come to these decisions/knowledge because of his mom or Dr. Jang, or the squad. I desperately need/want Jeong- won to reflect on himself, his passions, his family, his friends, his career....and come to some realizations of what he wants/doesn’t want and why this may be the case. Do we even know why he wants to be a priest? (Other than it being a family profession lol). 

Please let Seok’s mother be okay. The “adopt us” bit was hilarious (I was cracking up when IK called him “dads” and SK responded with son) but now obviously foreshadowing. I hope she’s okay in the end and no one gets to inherit and 10 story building. Also this is the first ep where I wasn’t bored the first 35 minutes. I like to think it’s because we saw continuation in the opening minuets which I appreciated. 

ETA: I felt so bad for Min-a. She was exhausted and overworked all episode. I’m so glad that Seok acknowledged her hard work and efforts. That he comforted her and gave her a bit of a moral boost. She needed it. I loath the cunning resident who doesn’t do her job and just want to look good to others. How dare she not show up for days, then continue to dump all the work she needs to catch up on, onto Min-a. The nerve to help prepare the OR (a “easy” work that isn’t her duty) when she knows she had an arriving patient and also go home early instead of taking the night shift...puta! 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

, how songhwa can she navigate around her beautiful  best friends without cracking?:blush::glasses:

Ikr?!?! Hahahaha.  I'm so jealous of her. But the boys are also very lucky to have such an amazing woman as their friend. There is a reason why every guy's mother wants her to be their daughter-in-law. LOL. 

@heartoppaya Iksun-Junwan relationship has no push and pull. There is no suspense of what will happen to them in the next ep. They are like a well-oiled machine running smoothly. I think next week we will see some conflict. But no matter what, we know that, they are going to end up together anyways. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, binjinunnie said:

Hmm why do I feel like they’re trying to parallel Seonghwa and Ikjun with Rosa and Mr. Ju? Anyone else?

I think so.  They are even matching them with colors too.  Since there is a color theory going on.

1 hour ago, binjinunnie said:

Rosa is shipping her son with seonghwa. How adorable. I was expecting Jeongwon to deny it like what Seokhyeong did when his mom nagged him about SW: ‘eomma, we’re just friends’ but he didn’t hmmm he just changed the topic 

I was wondering the same thing.  Why did he not say that she was just a friend.  

I also liked how Rosa talked to the priest on the phone.  She was crystal clear to JWon and wonder if she will give her approval after a foursome trip to Jeju?  Or will Jwon change his mind then?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

For some reason, the IS-Jwon couple isn’t doing anything for me.

I agree, JKH is what brought me into the show. And from the first episode onwards I was shipping Jwon with Shwa. But then Captain Ahn happened and i was so onboard with him and Shwa. And ever since Jwon showed that he was interested in IS I felt like something was missing between them. Maybe it’s because it happened too soon between them and we didn’t see them all flustered around each other in the start. So maybe that’s why I’m not that interested in their story.

The couple that’s capturing my heart and soul right now is the winter garden couple. I have so much high hopes for these two. For real, the slow burn is so much. I have always been on the winning side in all of Shin Won Ho’s dramas (Yoon Jae and Shi Won in Reply 1997, Na Jeung and Trash oppa in Reply 1994 and Taek and Deuk Sun in Reply 1988) so I’m telling you, I’m so right this time too. Winter Garden couple is happening and if it doesn’t, I will do ten rounds in the girl’s playground nekkid- 

aNYWAY,

Boy, this doc is super handsome :wub:

About jun wan and ik sun maybe you dont feel anything because you might like the push and will kind of relationship. Personally think they have great chemistry btw them.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

You know how in hospital playlist outfit colors play a role in determining relationships?

Now look at this and tell me who are the only two with matching scrubs color :)))))))

hospital-playlist-tvn-cover-680x384.jpg

I don’t believe the ship will ever be canon, im just being playful XD

Edited by Lalazhiii
  • LOL 6