Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

Because shipping is all I can do   

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which three pairings would you most like to see?

• Kim Jun wan/ Chae Song Hwa
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/Chae Song hwa
    • Lee Ik Jun /Chae Song hwa
    • Ahn Jeong won/ Chae song hwa
    • Yang Seok hyeong/Chae song hwa
    • Kim Jun wan/Lee Ik sun
    • Ahn Jeong Won/Jang Gyeo Wool (Dr. Maggot)
    • Ahn Jeong won/Bae Jun hee (ER resident)
    • Ahn Jeong Won/The Lord ( LOLOL)
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Jang Gyeo ul
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Go Ara
    • Yang Seok Hyeong/ Chu Min ha (Obgyn resident)
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/ Lee Ik sun
    • Chairman Ju Jung Su/ Madam Rosa
    • Lee Woo Joo(Uju)/ Mo Ne

When asked about their colour coordinated outfits, they likened it to ice cream flavours!  :lol:

Tomorrow!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

On 3/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, alleram95 said:

They have similar initial if we want to shorten their name. Unless I know about their last name, I have to this to differentiate them. Any idea how to differentiate their initial?

Think what you are doing is good.  Otherwise,  JWan, JWon.... :D

From previews, totally love JJS character!  He seems fun, anyone would find it easy to connect to, esp patients.  The best doctors often are not the smartest but those with good bedside manners and able to relate to patients.  It helps when you have high EQ.  You get your points across better, patients bond with you quicker, they would listen and act on your advice.  One can never underestimate importance of humor and people skills in any profession.  I want to hang around him!

Didn’t YYS finish a musical last year?  I know some of these guys can sing.  Can I request a soundtrack from the cast?  After all, we are looking at playlist.  Maybe a song to a theme each episode? :D

• Like 5
  • Love 4

56 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I know some of these guys can sing.  

They all can. Not sure about Kim DaeMyung though?  The other 4 can definitely sing. All bar one has been in musical theater. Should be sweet. I think JJS can play the guitar. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Premiere Watch:

by stroopwafel

Hospital Playlist

premwatch_memorist3.jpeg

Time slot: Thursday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Medical, human
Episode count: 12 episodes

Reasons to watch: Hospital Playlist (previously known as Smart Doctor Living) features a star creative team, the writer and director duo behind the Answer Me series, and a strong ensemble cast. Jo Jung-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Dae-myung play a group of doctors who first became friends during medical school. Now on the cusp of turning 40, they all happen to end up working at the same hospital together. Though they’re at different places in their lives now compared to when they were students, their friendship and devotion to their calling haven’t wavered. They’re just five ordinary people who happen to do extraordinary work in their daily lives. Writer Lee Woo-jung and PD Shin Won-ho do such an incredible job making the ordinary riveting, so I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/premiere-watch-memorist-hospital-playlist-kingdom-2/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

[...]Didn’t YYS finish a musical last year?  I know some of these guys can sing.  [...]

Sorry for cutting your post, mianhaeyo. :smile:

I went to YYS musical last Jan. I am really impressed by his vocal. I think it gets better from his stage performance during JYP Party People. 

Waah, can't wait for tomorrow episode! Let's rejoice on Friday morning! :D

• Like 5
  • Love 2

JJS and YYS are musical while JKH has sang several OST of his drama! JJS and JKH knows how to play guitar while YYS plays piano. can they do a trio for OST please? 

See you all tomorrow! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

This interview is subbed & they are so cute . I am looking forward to their chemistry! 

subbed too ! Asking you to watch tomorrow 

Third trailer with subs ! 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 03. 12. 2:46 AM

Yoo Yeon Seok calls viewers to watch "Hospital Playlist" ahead of episode 1 broadcast

E4F34747-30F5-4566-AD87-9D201663D2F8.jpg

Actor Yoo Yeon Seok urged the audience to watch the drama "Hospital Playlist".

On March 12, the management company King Kong by Starship announced photos of Yoo Yeon Seok - the actor who played character Jung Won in the special Thursday drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN). These are photos of the actor calling for audience attention before the first episode airs.

In the photos, Yoo Yeon Seok attracted all eyes with his warm visual and vibrant smile in a dashing black coat. He is holding the script of "Hospital Playlist" while striking the "fighting" pose for his drama. Particularly, Yoo Yeon Seok also shows an intimate friendship with his co-star Jung Kyung Ho when standing by and holding his shoulder. This has heightened viewers' attention to the "chemistry between the true friends" in the drama

"Hospital Playlist" is a TV series revolving around 20-year-old soul mates who can understand each other through looking at the others' eyes and the people who are going through normal but special days in a hospital, the miniature version of life, where the birth and death of many lives are witnessed. The drama is arousing many expectations from the audience because this is the next collaboration work of screenwriter Lee Woo Jung and director Shin Won Ho after the series "Reply" (tvN) and "Prison Playbook" (tvN).

In the drama, Yoo Yeon Seok plays Jung Won - a pediatrician who acts affectionately like an angel with patients but becomes sensitive with fellow friends. The actor promises to bring opposite charms when flexibly changing the emotional state back and forth between tenderness and sensitivity. With experience in the doctor role in previous works such as "General Hospital 2 (MBC)", "Life Is Beautiful" (SBS), "Dr. Romantic" (SBS), Yoo Yeon Seok is raising the public attention to his image in the drama "Hospital Playlist" this time.

"Hospital Playlist" will broadcast the first episode at 9 pm (KST) today (March 12).

Reporter Hong Shin Ik /hong.shinik@joongang.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3
  • Love 3

For Netflix Asia, they have just released eps 1 ( so same day release with Korea.)..off to watch! It is 1 hour and 22 minutes:w00t:

The drama and Dr Song Hwa ( Jeon Mi Do ) are trending on Naver!

There were several previews for eps 2 but this is the complete one :D

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Gosh this one episode a week format is gonna KILL me... Such a great pilot episode that introduced us to the main characters. Got a bit confused with the exposition dump on the hospital/board stuff but other than that, thoroughly enjoyed the rest!

Favourite bits:

Spoiler

When YYS’s character was talking to his priest bro in the chicken shop LOL you could kinda see it coming with the yearly flashbacks but it was still funny to see it unravel.

And the band practice - the guys’ reactions to her singing :lol: Can’t wait to see more of the whole gang together!

I love that there are always so many recurring actors in this director’s works. It’s like a game you can try to identify which character(s) the actor/actress played in his previous works lol.

Curious to see the ratings but seeing the trends posted by @triplem it should be solid:rolleyes:

• Like 11

On 3/11/2020 at 1:07 AM, miracle23 said:

I went to YYS musical last Jan. I am really impressed by his vocal.

Wow, awesome.  Lucky.  No comment on how pretty YYS was there. LOL

Just saw only 1/2 way.  1:22 is the Netflix length, so is def more than 1 hour long.  

Coming off watching Romantic Dr Kim 2, I would say HL is less procedural and more human interest driven.  A good mix of quirky humor and intricately woven character set up so far.  Pacing is really good.  The storytelling here is good.  Reminds me a lot of an old TV series called ER with an ensemble cast.  The writing here def has potential for multiseason format.  

Spoiler

That said, the introduction scene of Seok-Hyeong and Song-Hwa... no no no.  She didn't even break a sweat, didn't smudge her makeup, nor was she short of breath after 2 min of CPR.  Her belt was still perfectly cinched around her jacket :lol: Song-Hwa so far appears perfect visually on screen, that's unreal.  I do love the socially awkward personality that of Seok-Hyeong.  I can understand why he chose to be an OB/GYN.   His love for his mom (mothers in general) is just too much.  HAHAHA.  Well, helicoptering parents. take note.  This is the adult your child would grow into if you don't allow him to be independent and problem solve on his own! :lol:  Not only are his social skills lacking, he has a problem connecting with people outside of his comfort zone.  The ambulance scene got me in stitches. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

That said, the introduction scene of Seok-Hyeong and Song-Hwa... no no no.  She didn't even break a sweat, didn't smudge her makeup, nor was she short of breath after 2 min of CPR.  Her belt was still perfectly cinched around her jacket :lol:

Spoken like one who’s been there done that. :lol: Will try to catch up today some time if I get the chance. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Mannn.. This drama is better than I expected. As expected when you ask Reply's director to helm a medical drama. It becomes soooo nice to watch!

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

I was just dreading that hospital board scene, but it was wayyyy different than I expected. Loved all the plot twists too! And it's just episode 1!!!! And the friendship?? Mannn.. I wished I had a group of friend like that... <3 <3 Because of that, I know that Song Hwa will be just fine even though she got betrayed by her boyfriend. Her 4 besties will definitely be there for her. :) 

Now.... What am I going to do for the next week?!?!?! :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@nrllee Finished the episode while eating lunch!

Very good first episode.  Hilarious! Excellent chemistry among the cast. Like with their previous dramas,  the show runners remind us to take time and leave an open mind when it comes to understanding others. Each person has a back story.  The first episode does its introduction then dives a little into YYS's character, so think this will be the trend.  Episode 2 focuses on Song-Hwan from the preview.

A few thoughts.

Spoiler
  • Jeong-Won's chaebol family actually kinda shunts power, money and fame.  All 4 siblings gave up earthly possession and desires (except the eldest who can't suppress his love for wine for food!!!).  None wants the fortune and the succession to the company!   HAHAHA.  JW too wants to be a priest but is pressured every year to continue his profession for the family sake.  His oldest brother, whom he confided in, looks forward to the free chicken date every year from his psychological breakdowns.  :lol:
  • I absolutely love that Jeong-Won (aka Andrea ... why the alias even in his family?!) prefers to use his money in anonymity.  With power come responsibilities.  Shrewd that he recognizes where his charity fund can be sourced, better that he helped his friends out financially.  Great that Jung-Wan is still in the dark about the charity entity too.
  • We have a parent in the group: Ik-Jun.  I'm glad our fun character is a father, his son is lucky.  The Darth Vader scene is the best character introduction device ever. LOL
  • Aww at Seok-Hyung's only contract stipulation.  A band.  You can tell his motivations are very personal so he already has the trademarks of an upright physician unfazed by politics and wealth HAHA.  He needs his pose back together again.  LOL at Jung Wan's request for inkpad at the mention of $.  
  • Chairman Ju, the pediatric pt's mom (Yeom Hye-Ran YAY) -  misunderstood by their brusque actions.  It's more than once we can't judge people based on just one interaction or without knowing the burden they carried inside.  Kindness is never overlooked and will be appreciated in due time, at the most unexpected time.
  • Precious are the friendships and relationships we built over the years.  These are the people who really know who we were and understand who we become or what our needs are, even for something as simple as a home cooked meals.

This needs to be 2x week show!

• Like 8
  • Love 4

what every hospital need , star war warrior :joy:

15840504951584050488.gif

Spoiler

15840494581584049448.gif

ezgif-3-fbbb5cf966bb.gif

Spoiler

15840509441584050931.gif

15840510531584051045.gif

ezgif-3-eb31ac26e1f1.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

The rating hit the jackpot!!

PD shin won ho said that he want to be realistic and ask for 4% debut rating.....

They got 6.325% !!!! ( thats higher than CLOY/Hi Bye Mama Debut rating ) 

For a Debut rating thats really high and also not to forget that 1/3 of their run is coming with Mister trot ( which had 34% rating for cable tv ) 

AMAZING START For this amazing drama!!!

Lets go!! 

Ofcourse PD Shin Won Ho love his combination of 5 friends just like Reply series. And considering the ensemble cast and 1 episode per week this would create big hype every week hopefully it can reach double digit soon. 

Right now we got another big breakthrough for another actress. First we got kim da mi hitting bit and now i bet Jeon mi do will also hit big with this drama

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@im0202 Yes drama had a solid premiere rating 

Spoiler

Enjoyed the 1st episode but I hv to say Prison Playbook still has the edge where the storytelling & suspense are concerned. While PD’s trademark twists are still there , I think it was a bit more predictable perhaps because I already expect it to be a twist :lol:! Anyhow this is just the 1st eps & I appreciate that the story focuses a lot more on  the feelings & emotions of medical staff as opposed to being a procedural one . Usually all the medical stuff just flies by me whenever I watch medical dramas .  Also it’s not as heavy as Life , so this is great light watching 

I wasn’t quite expecting Prof Ahn ( YYS ) to be the kind chaebol heir of the hospital who is the figure behind the Daddy Long Legs program. It was hilarious that all his siblings had chosen a life of celibacy & religious calling .I bet older brother (priest)  not only wants him to stay on to continue the father’s legacy but they must also need someone to continue the family line :lol:

Spoiler

Oh the other twist was the fact that Kim Gab Soo’s character, the new Chairman is a good guy -  I was half expecting him to be the bad guy here because he was the main villain in both seasons of Chief of Staff & was excellent as one . 

Some other observations 

1. Jun Ik (JKH ) is the more anal one . Excellent at his job but not a good judge of women . :joy:
2. kim Dae Myung’s Dr Yang is mummy’s boy ! 
3 . Surprised that Jo Jung Suk’s character is a dad . I laughed my head off when he had to wear the head gear to operate . Hope to see more of him in later eps 

Spoiler

4. The rose among the thorns Dr Song Hwa ( JMD) is the anchor of the group .

I know now why they call this hospital playlist - the 5 literally set up a band at Dr Yang’s insistence . And i can imagine every week we’ll be treated or maybe “tortured” with a song !

ahhh wish this wasn’t just once a week 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

That band thing was awesome surprise :wub:

15840573531584057343.gif

15840575331584057519.gif

Spoiler

15840576461584057626.gif

Wembley would be happy to host them :joy:

how many time you can hear burped that on tune  :naughty:

• LOL 9

I wasn’t expecting to laughs at this but is hard not to , they should own church not hospital :mrgreen: - @triplem we could ask them to pray for our ears for the band playlist :phew:

15840622201584062212.gif

ezgif-3-3bbb2f08094e.gif

ezgif-3-d44025ee203a.gif

• LOL 12