[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Just finished the latest ep. The friendship is awesome and the best parts of the drama for me. I love watching each character as individuals (this includes the nurses, residents, and interns) and as friends or colleagues with one another. It’s interesting the different relationships and dynamics they have with one another. 

I try not to read too much into things. For me personally it ruins the drama when I do this. I get angry because I feel doped that things didn’t turn out as I thought. As if I was deceived by the writers/PD when in reality I allowed my POV to skew the story/narrative being told and as DJ Khaled says “played yourself.” I did this heavily with Reply ‘88 (but not ‘97, ‘94, or Prison Playbook) and the heartbreak of Jungpal taught me a huge lesson. I now let a sneeze be a sneeze and a hug, a hug because the story will eventually let me know so go with the flow and accept what it’s telling me. With that said: 

I have never wanted to see a character’s date get rejected so bad. Reject her Jeong-won. Break my Dr. Jang’s heart (it’s only temporary). Wouldn’t it be best if Jeong-won DOES reject Dr. Jang? Signifying that for him, Dr. Jang is not like all the other staff? She’s someone he can’t be alone with to just eat a meal or watch a movie because it would mean something/be more than just that? ‬He can’t be alone with her because of the feels. She’s not like the nurses or Dr. Bae, she’s different. I am #teamrejection please and thank you. Reject her. REJECTION!! In a battle with God we got to play the long game. SPARTANS!! Lol. 

Also drama as much as I love her, please give my Dr. Jang more development/something to do other than be a potential love interest. Display her work and skills like you did in episode 2. I feel like all we see now are her quirks (she wears the same outfits, she enjoys her food, she had a blunt straight faced nature?she’s a BTS fan) and her standing around. Can we see her general surgeon skills please and thank you. I want to see her examining patients, researching and detailing the best plan for treatment, perform a surgery, post-op follow up/check in; something, anything! Give Dr. Jang something more than being in a love triangle with God! Show me her sleepless nights. Her missed lunches. I want to see her office/messy desk again. Can we get a peek into her home? Give me her general surgeon bamf! Balance out her crushing/love triangle with god, with her being a component GS that all doctors want to work with. With her right now I feel there’s a lot of being told these things but not enough being shown/seeing it. I blame the potential love interest aspect for that. If I had to choose between that (Dr. Jang/Jeong-won) or having a fully rounded, component, and well developed character; give me development/good character writer. 

Other than the above the drama is pretty good (I’d be a liar if I didn’t say I’m bored the first 30 minutes or do of each ep. IMHO they need to shorten the length of episodes. There is so much filler the first 30-45 minutes.Much of it comes to mean something/lead to storyline, but the way it’s handled at times feels disjointed to me and long winded). I loved seeing the mother poor the bathroom water on that trash and refusing a divorce because of the brazen gall of the pond scums they are. A part of me wants her to let it go but a bigger part wants her to let them suffer in shame while she lives her life carefree and unbothered. 

• Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

why this feels like a slap to all of us who keep comparing HP to reply series? Hahahahahaha

.. I never watch it replay 1988 , I never compared , so this don’t count right :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Jun wan oppa! I wanna know about your long story why you were exempted.  Let's eat jajangmyeon,ok??? :wub:

And Shin pd, you are an ace player of this field!!!  Keep roiling and trolling man!!! 

Uju!!!!I am ujuholic. No matter how selfish Ik jun's wife was,  she really gives Ik jun the whole universe through this wonderful boy. Priority matters. In every relations and uju proved it today!        

• Like 3
  • Love 1

20200424-014904.gif

This is so freaking relatable :P You're working your a** off while someone's slacking. Not that Eun Won was slacking but she was taking her damn time. Hahaha And what did the nurse mean by the bear and the fox? Who's the fox? 

20200424-015310.gif

I've never been so disappointed to see Jung Kyung Ho in my life :huh: Sorry. Both Gyeoul and I wanted Jeongwon lol :D I can't believe I just said that.

20200424-015730.gif

Poor Dr. Bong! They're just too mean :lol: I seriously want this group to start hanging out for real. Come on be best friends!!! And Jae Hak was the only one not interested in the fab5's love stories. He's so precious.

Spoiler

20200424-022255.gif

Awwwwww!!! You gotta love this man. I seriously warmed up to him in this episode. He's like one of my fave residents now (but I love all residents) Chi Hong Fighting!!!

Spoiler

20200424-022714.gif

This broke my heart. I know he will eventually talk about his divorce but the dialogue was so heartbreaking. I wasn't ready for it. :tears: It must have been so hard to talk about it and open yourself up to a total stranger. 

Spoiler

20200424-020319.gif

20200424-023938.gif

Am I the only one who ships these two? This is my real OTP! :D Step aside IkSun!!! 

Spoiler

20200424-020942.gif

20200424-023133.gif

He innocently said yes to Dr. Bae's invitation, without batting an eyelash. But with Gyeoul he was clearly shocked and taken aback. The contrast is so stricking. My girl finally made a move :wub: but why do I feel like he's going to reject her based on the preview? Urghh previews are tricky tho. I'm so proud of you Gyeoul. But what's the reason behind the contrasting reaction? Does he know of Gyeoul's feelings? He's just so inexperienced in these things that I doubt if he picked it up. I doubt IkJun would ever throw Gyeoul under the bus (he adores her so much). I've been saying this week after week but... Jeongwon what are you hiding?

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

29 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Also drama as much as I love her, please give my Dr. Jang more development/something to do other than be a potential love interest. Display her work and skills like you did in episode

It is a long series....she will definitely get her Crush-Landing-On-You  moment....in order to show and equally highlight JeongWon's romantic development.  But whether she gets a touch-down or not....let us see.

Also, so far he is the only guy in the Fab5 who has no loveline yet... past or present....oh wait, I thought he has remained celibate (virgin) up to this point (40+), which may be true...ie. no date, no girlfriend, no sex, no nothing ...which is rather amazing...given that men think about it 24/7.

;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@Ameera Ali My brain automatically erased the memories of last two eps of R88 to save me from heartache. So I also didn't get that turtle reference until I saw some fanposts about it. But Rest assured, all the R88 meta references in today's ep seemed like it was mocking us for drawing parallels between the two shows. LOL. 

• LOL 6

my favorite mom and dad from r88 made an appearance and i was so happy !!

dr. jang and her crush on jwon is killing me. for real. why did he look so shocked though? MAYBE HE LIKES HER TOO?? there’s something, he’s hiding something.

ahhhh songhwa, why are you so nice to capt ahn. no surprise he keeps falling for her. she’s so nice. i loved capt ahn’s side story today. he’s always nice and is a straight A student. he’s one of my favorite residents.

but hands down my favorite doctor-resident relationship is jwan and jaehak. they are HILARIOUS. i LOVE jaehak. HAHAHAAH laughed so much because of him. oh also we didn’t see his wife. is it gonna be another r88, r94 or r97 cameo? 

don’t tell me i’m the only one who expected taek or deoksun to come?

• Like 10
  • Love 2

GOD i'm still not over my heartbreak from r88 and dr. jang's crush is making me feel like i'm going through it all again.I'm so stressed about it that i can't even completely enjoy the show.

My love-hate relationship with this writer is the strongest feeling i have in my entire kdrama history. maybe i should stop watching it like how i stopped watching r94 due to chilbong's one sided love and continue it after hearing jung won fell for my dr. jang. But i love it so much i can't drop it.May god helps my stupid heart

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Well I'm not really a Jeong Won - Jang shipper but I wanna say something to most of you who are stressed that Jeong Won would reject Jang's offer for eating out together:

It might be a good thing if he rejects her. They clearly said he never say no to anyone who wants to eat with him or go out cuz he is such a nice guy and maybe him saying no to her actually shows that she is different then other people in his heart(may it be a romantic way or not). And he might reject her because he dosen't want a possible relationship to be in the way of him becoming a priest(lol this dude sure loves god) and becuase this is gonna be a long series - who knows maybe in the long run it will go well for this two:D

but idk really, I don't really mind this couple but from the 1st episode I was kinda hoping Jeong Won and Song Hwa would get together idk why I just feel like although we haven't seen any scene of them two alone you can see how much he cares for her in his actions(like in the latest episode he let her seat in the front seat of Jun Wan car because it is less cramped so he literally went out of the car and offered her to take the sit and also when everyone was talking in the resturant about Seok's problem and only Song Hwa didn't day anything he asked for her opinion) anyway yeah idk really but I just like the combination of their personalities, although I certainly wouldn't mind our captain Ahn and Song Hwa getting together cuz he is just the biggest smiley fluff ball of a human and he's really kind and godddd I love guys with pretty smiles I'm hooked lmao.:wub: And I believe his tempermant like Jeong Won would also match her well.

BUT ANYWAY MOVING ON FROM THIS LOL

I just hope for everyone's happiness whoever they end up with that is their life and I will love and embrace it no matter what because who I think is right for a certain character might not be the cup of tea for others which shows how different humans are and how vast our opinions are on different subjects and since I am not one of the characters I think it is not my place to criticize them.

Alsoooo I wanted to point out that a new character is low-key coming up - I don't remember her name but I believe she is a resident or something(the one that looked over captain Ahn's operation and said she was nervous and also switched shifts with him) idk if this is a possible love line for our Chi Hong or just a platonic supporting friendship but whatever that is - I'm all for it.

sorry if this was a bit messy lol I usually don't rewrite my comments or think about them too much so I just wrote what came to mind:D

and now for another week of torture till the next episode guys lmao good luck to all of us:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

the cow was asking oppa out for dinner while our princess was shy , admiring him from far and respecting the kdrama law of the attraction :joy:

Thanks for the nurse for clarifying it to our girl ,  it was 100% charitable thing he do , don’t mean anything, it’s make me more trust he have feeling for dr Jang because he uncomfortable around her because of his feeling :wub:

Spoiler

15876755841587675553.gif

15876758231587675796.gif

15876759121587675905.gif

15876760231587675998.gif

15876761251587676106.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

So doc bae like jwon too? No? She thought she's special but the nurse crush it :joy: He is everyone's favorite :wub::lol: but his heart is belong to the God lol

auwwww my grumpy granny why so cute :blush: 

#happyfastingtomuslimfriends

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, RenRen said:

- I don't remember her name but I believe she is a resident or something(the one that looked over captain Ahn's operation and said she was nervous and also switched shifts with him)

Ah that’s Sun Bin - they are the Fab3 of Dr SHwa’s team — Seok Min, Sun Bin and Chi Yong.

@nurlayla yes Dr. Bae -  from the very beginning has like Dr Buddha/Garden. The classic confident woman. 

Most were shocked of contrasting response of Dr. Garden with Dr Bae and Dr Jang.  I think he was trying to date in groups and alone with opposite sex but he is rather cautious to those whose likely are too serious because he would leave anytime for the seminary. 

I like this episode. Besides the fab 5 frienship, we get to see the residents friendship too. How they cheered up Captain Chi Hong. We finally know why he changed his career. The moment with Songhwa after that was sweet. Ah Song hwa, you are shippable with everyone. Sun Bin was stressed for chi hong and even took his shift. Are we gonna have another ship?

Ik jun opening up to his patient about his divorce and the difficulties ensued. Jun wan and Ik sun are freaking cute.

Min ah and Gyeo wool becoming friends thanks to BTS. Min ah is more than her makeup. She worked hard and is dedicated. Happy for Gyeo wool that Prof Ahn acknowledged her effort when she brought the transplant. She mustered up her courage to ask Jeong won out for a dinner. I feel the rejection coming but at least she tried. It'll be clear and she can bounce back. Maybe then, we can see more of her work as a doctor outside of her crush.

Seok Hyeong's mom with the dirty water bucket, but his dad is shameless and trash. I hope she'll found peace and divorce this scumbag.

Poor Jae hak, the scam was forshadowed in the previous episodes, so we saw it coming. I feel bad for him. He was so proud.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

@Ameera Ali I think that what Dr Bong means, he had lots of girl like jeong won but then they kinda disappear(i think that what he try to said) of course there’s lot girl who can had major crush toward jeong won when he so damm handsome and sweet but like it been said the rival is God....

since its had 3 season, im hope the writer wont make jeong won the priest so early (if they want to make it the final path for him) cause i still love to see him in scrub..and im still wonder of he really want to be priest,why he not be the first one cause he said he really want to be even before his brother and sister....

dr jang geul wol totally everywhere...she in ER, in operation, doings round and sometime assist ik jun and jeong won..and we also can see that the 4 potential partner getting more scenes and storie 

-jang geul wol 

-ik sun

-ahn chin hong 

- mi na (i like how reality her duty been potray- cause before this it seems like the writer only highlights she love to makeup) but that reality in oby- where the husband and family keeping asking if their wife is ok and are ready to labour (sometime ot can take up to 48hour before the cervix? to open) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think the reason Jeong Won turned down Gyeo Wool was because other people who admire or try to hit on him can take a casual dinner/movie outing and not make a big deal out of it......she is different, she is pretty straight forward.....there is a chance his carefree casual hanging out with her will cause her to get her hopes up for no reason.......she is different, he notices that...hence he keeps extra distance.....I know its heartbreaking but I just don't see this progressing as long as Jeong Won is completely over his intention of becoming a priest...Also Yoon Bok and Hong Do have twin cousin Monae and Manae.......the same Monae who is Wuju's friend!!!

• Like 3

https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=3_1&area=00&begin_date=20200423

Ratings

In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen  
Nationwide Seoul  
1 March 12, 2020 6.325% 7.113%  
2 March 19, 2020 7.750% 8.507%  
3 March 26, 2020 8.556% 9.313%  
4 April 2, 2020 9.754% 10.932%  
5 April 9, 2020 11.321% 12.655%  
6 April 16, 2020 11.682% 13.783%  
7 April 23, 2020 12.077% 13.864%  
8 April 30, 2020  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think the reason Jeong Won turned down Gyeo Wool was because other people who admire or try to hit on him can take a casual dinner/movie outing and not make a big deal out of it......

It makes me wonder though, did he not have any thought that Dr.Bae might be interested in him too? Thus her asking to eat dinner together and the next is go for movie together? 

No healthy normal guy is that dense about attractions from the opposite sex. If he could sense Jang’s admiration/crush on him, he would be able to sense Bae’s interest in him too. My thought is that, if he doesn’t mind going out with Bae, it could be because he knows and is confident that nothing further will develop. He can handle Bae no problem. But if he go out with Jang, he is not confident he could keep it neutral.... ;) 

• Like 5
  • Love 5

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

No healthy normal guy is that dense about attractions from the opposite sex. If he could sense Jang’s admiration/crush on him, he would be able to sense Bae’s interest in him too. My thought is that, if he doesn’t mind going out with Bae, it could be because he knows and is confident that nothing further will develop. He can handle Bae no problem. But if he go out with Jang, he is not confident he could keep it neutral.... ;) 

Yes, he knows, he wants to be a priest but he is not dense, he knows perfectly well who is like what, wants what......but given his track record, he knew if he went out and had dinner with Dr. Bae.....she will eventually figure out that this is something he does with everyone and not be too heartbroken about it...Gyeo Wool is socially awkward, I think that is why he takes extra precaution not to get her hopes up too much. As cute as Gyeo Wool is as a socially awkward doctor with her crush, I just don't think that Jeong Won and her are compatible...not at the moment anyway

• Like 1