Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

Because shipping is all I can do   

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which three pairings would you most like to see?

• Kim Jun wan/ Chae Song Hwa
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/Chae Song hwa
    • Lee Ik Jun /Chae Song hwa
    • Ahn Jeong won/ Chae song hwa
    • Yang Seok hyeong/Chae song hwa
    • Kim Jun wan/Lee Ik sun
    • Ahn Jeong Won/Jang Gyeo Wool (Dr. Maggot)
    • Ahn Jeong won/Bae Jun hee (ER resident)
    • Ahn Jeong Won/The Lord ( LOLOL)
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Jang Gyeo ul
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Go Ara
    • Yang Seok Hyeong/ Chu Min ha (Obgyn resident)
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/ Lee Ik sun
    • Chairman Ju Jung Su/ Madam Rosa
    • Lee Woo Joo(Uju)/ Mo Ne

I am excited to watch this drama but I understand why they will pospone filming. I wonder if there will be a delay in the premiere or they filmed enough to be on schredules.  Stay healthy everybody.

• Like 4

Smart Doctor Living releases new teaser featuring main cast

by tineybeanie

wisedoctort1.jpg

Long-anticipated hospital drama Smart Doctor Living has released its second teaser, featuring the tight-knit quintet of doctors that comprise our main characters, Jo Jung-seok (Nokdu Flower), Kim Dae-myung (The Sound of Your Heart), Jung Kyung-ho (When the Devil Calls Your Name), Yoo Yeon-seok (Mr. Sunshine), and Jeon Mi-do (Mother)

The drama tells the story of the quotidien ongoings at the hospital where life’s most extreme moments from birth to death happen. These five friends from medical school work together, laugh together and cry together as they mature through their shared unique experiences.

In the recently released 15-second teaser, Jeon Mi-do narrates as Yoo Yeon-seok scrubs in for surgery: “Brace yourself. The work is tiring but you get used to it after a while. But our work, it’s not the type of work we should get used to… is it?”

Frantic scenes of Jung Kyung-ho running through the hospital halls and Kim Dae-myung stifling his sobs can be seen. The teaser ends with Jo Jung-seok at his desk saying, “Let’s save another precious human life today.”

The writer and director duo behind the Answer Me series, Lee Woo-jung and Shin Won-ho respectively, are reuniting for this drama. With the title of the drama being similar to PD Shin Won-ho’s previous drama, Smart Prison Living, I can’t help but wonder if the two will be related in some way.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/smart-doctor-living-releases-new-teaser-featuring-main-cast/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Hospital Playlist + Episode 0.  We may have to ask @stroppyse help in getting the gist of this interview.   Whatever you can summarize, we appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TvNterview engsubbed version for us int'l folks! :blush:

Their chemistry is super adorable! They were already teasing each other since last Dec, some first episodes filming I guess. Our male leads have always been so noisy lol, but they always tried to get JMD involved. :heart:

Also, I think their personality here seems exactly like their character lol. JJS the so-called cool guy, YYS was sweet yet sensitive, JKH the cranky one, KDM the timid cutie, and JMD was shy but has that strong presence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Next week is the premiere. Finally! I can`t wait for this drama to start. I haven`t been so excited for a drama to start since a long time.

20200305145038_1432735_1199_855.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Another short teaser before the first episode this upcoming Thursday

(Hard Sub)

Man: I think I don't live my life to the fullest
IJ: I don't know if what I will say can comfort you but... 
Caption: For enduring it well up until now, a small comfort for you
SgH: But I believe in you. I guess there must be a reason why you did that
JnW: Up until now he has endured it well
JgW: It must be hard for you. Thank you for enduring it well
SkH: This time, let's protect the baby well
Man2: Thank you for giving me this opportunity
JnW: You exceeded my expectations
JgW: It must be hard on you
Woman1: It's alright
Man3: Fighting (Good luck/Let's gather strength)
Man4: Yes (Thank you)
SgH: Yes, I'll do my best
SkH: You will become a good doctor

Note:

SgH referring to Song Hwa (Jeon Mi Do)

SkH referring to Seok Hyeong (Kim Dae Myung)

JnW referring to Joon Wan (Jung Kyung Ho)

JgW refering to Jung Won (Yoo Yeon Seok)

Joon Wan and Jung Won ; Song Hwa and Seok 

They have similar initial if we want to shorten their name. Unless I know about their last name, I have to this to differentiate them. Any idea how to differentiate their initial?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Watch: Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Jo Jung Suk, And Jeon Mi Do Help Each Other Through Dark Times In “Hospital Playlist” Teaser

Mar 8, 2020
by S. Park
653db17e3661472bbb737ac088ad6ba3.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Hospital Playlist” has released a new preview!

The upcoming drama will tell the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors who became friends in medical school.

The newly released clip begins with glimpses of Jung Kyung Ho, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jeon Mi Do, Kim Dae Myung, and Jo Jung Suk facing difficult moments.

Jung Kyung Ho says in a voice-over, “I think I’m living life in the wrong way,” and Jo Jung Suk tells a group of people, “I don’t know if this will bring you relief, but…” The preview then takes an uplifting turn, with the caption reading, “A bit of comfort for you, who did a good job enduring all this time.”

The preview goes on to show the doctors pulling each other out of dark times with encouraging words. Jeon Mi Do expresses her faith, while Jung Kyung Ho talks about how much someone has endured. Yoo Yeon Seok acknowledges how difficult someone’s journey has been all this time, while Kim Dae Myung conveys confidence in someone else. Jung Kyung Ho praises a colleague, and Jeon Mi Do says with a smile, “It’s okay.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387228wpp/watch-yoo-yeon-seok-jung-kyung-ho-jeon-mi-do-and-jo-jung-suk-help-each-other-through-dark-times-in-hospital-playlist-teaser

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

The preview goes on to show the doctors pulling each other out of dark times with encouraging words. Jeon Mi Do expresses her faith, while Jung Kyung Ho talks about how much someone has endured. Yoo Yeon Seok acknowledges how difficult someone’s journey has been all this time, while Kim Dae Myung conveys confidence in someone else. Jung Kyung Ho praises a colleague, and Jeon Mi Do says with a smile, “It’s okay.”

Ahh...much needed in dire times.  That’s what real friends are for.  

괜찮아 
gwaenchanh-a
  • Like 4

Another teaser subbed by Netflix ..

The main trailer subbed earlier which was posted before

Spoiler

Some cute BTS....the chemistry among them is pretty good

Very cute JJS and JKH :D 

Spoiler

March 9 2020

Trailer #3 for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist”

Hospital_Playlist-lsp1.jpg

New trailer #3 added for tvN drama series “Hospital Playlist” starring Cho Jung-Seok, Kim Dae-Myung, Jung Kyoung-Ho, Yoo Yeon-Seok and Jeon Mi-Do. Caption in the trailer at the 3 second mark states in Korean “Small consolation offer to you, who held out well until now.” Below are photos from the filming set of the drama series.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: “Wise Doctor Life” depicts the stories of doctors, nurses and patients at a hospital. 5 doctors all entered the same medical university in 1999. They are now friends and work together in the same hospital.

“Hospital Playlist” first airs March 12, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/trailer-3-for-tvn-drama-series-hospital-playlist

• Like 4

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200310000896

Star producer of ‘Reply’ series returns with ‘Hospital Playlist’

By Choi Ji-won | March 10, 2020

Cast members of “Hospital Playlist” -- Yoo Yeon-seok (from left), Kim Dae-myung, Jeun Mi-do, Cho Jung-seok and Jung Kyung-ho -- pose during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Cast members of “Hospital Playlist” -- Yoo Yeon-seok (from left), Kim Dae-myung, Jeun Mi-do, Cho Jung-seok and Jung Kyung-ho -- pose during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Maverick producer Shin Won-ho is returning with tvN drama “Hospital Playlist,” set to air Thursdays starting this week.

While most popular South Korean television dramas are aired twice weekly, Shin, the creator of the smash-hit “Reply” series, says it is time for Korean dramas to attempt new formats.

“The drama industry is becoming increasingly competitive, and I’m not sure if all shows would be able to continue like this. We wanted to set a new model,” Shin said during a press conference live-streamed Tuesday.

Writer Lee Woo-jung, who has partnered with Shin on all his previous works for tvN, including the most recent “Prison Playbook,” has once again teamed up with the producer.

Like Shin and Lee’s past shows, “Hospital Playlist” is a witty human drama revolving around a group of close friends, but this time, taking place in a special setting. The drama tells the story of five doctors working in different departments in a hospital. 

“Hospital Playlist” (tvN)
“Hospital Playlist” (tvN)

Producer Shin Won-ho of “Hospital Playlist” speaks during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Producer Shin Won-ho of “Hospital Playlist” speaks during a press conference held on Tuesday. (tvN)

Shin reunited with two actors from his past dramas, Jung Kyung-ho -- who took up the lead role in “Prison Playbook” -- and Yoo Yeon-seok -- who starred in “Reply 1994” in 2013.

Jung plays Jun-wan, the competent but cynical cardiothoracic surgeon, while Yoo takes up the role of Jeong-won, a pediatrician who is kind only to his young patients. 

Cho Jung-seok plays Ik-jun, a hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgeon who, according to Cho, is a optimistic but unpredictable character.

Actor Kim Dae-myung, who rose to fame through the 2014 tvN drama “Misaeng,” plays Seok-hyung in the upcoming series, while musical actress Jeun Mi-do makes her small screen debut as the only female among the five friends.

Quoting writer Lee, Shin said the upcoming series may be a Korean version of the US hit sitcom “Friends.” He further hinted that the medical drama may be the first season of a series. 

The 12-episode series will air at 9 p.m. on Thursdays. 

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

More stuff from press con
This is the official IG account set up by tvN for the show 

Photo call

A lot of promos going out for the drama 

Spoiler

This is Reply Series director so I will not allow my heart to be broken for all the twist! Hahahah I’ll just enjoy my three beloved actors Yoo Yeon Seok, Jo Jung Seok and Jung Kyung Ho acting to its finest! They always gives best performances. To the other two lead cast — I will also believe! Wee see you tomorrow :) 

• Like 4

I like their coordinated outfits.  Pastels are the new black. :lol:  Not long to wait now. Hooray, it’s showing up on Netflix for me as screening this Friday (day after) :)

• Like 4

PD Shin Won Ho + Actors of “Hospital Playlist” Talk About Casting, Why The Drama Will Only Air Once A Week, And More

Mar 10, 2020
by S. Cho
6091131d13964db1bb6c4bd69272504f.jpeg?s=

Producing director (PD) Shin Won Ho of “Prison Playbook” and the “Reply” series is returning soon with “Hospital Playlist,” starring Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do.

The drama tells the story of doctors who become friends in medical school and lead seemingly normal yet slightly special lives. On March 10, the above cast and crew of “Hospital Playlist” did a live broadcast of their press conference due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

Jo Jung Suk plays Ik Joon, who perfectly embodies the “work hard, play hard” philosophy. Yoo Yeon Seok plays paediatric surgeon Jung Won, who is an angel to his patients but extremely sensitive with his colleagues. Jung Kyung Ho portrays the perfectionist thoracic surgeon Joon Wan, who is excellent at self-care.

Shin Won Ho explained why “Hospital Playlist” is planned to have multiple seasons. He said, “I wanted to create a drama that didn’t initially have a decided ending or an ending at all. However, the viewers have to give us love for there to be another season. Holding meetings and discussions while leaving the finale open-ended allowed for a lot of new ideas and directions.”

The drama will also only air one episode weekly. Shin Won Ho explained, “To put it simply, we planned it like that so we could survive. The concept of two episodes weekly was effective in the past, but after discussing the competitiveness, skyrocketing production fees, and the changing working environments of dramas, I wondered whether it would be possible. That’s why I considered doing one episode weekly. This is why this drama has to do well, so it can become a new model for the broadcasting industry.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1387568wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-actors-of-hospital-playlist-talk-about-casting-why-the-drama-will-only-air-once-a-week-and-more

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I like their coordinated outfits.  Pastels are the new black. :lol:  Not long to wait now. Hooray, it’s showing up on Netflix for me as screening this Friday (day after) :)

Yes, plus I didn’t know brown can be beautiful except with Yoo Yeon Seok “brother” :) but dang YYS slayed it too! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

When asked about their colour coordinated outfits, they likened it to ice cream flavours!  :lol:

Tomorrow!!

On 3/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, alleram95 said:

They have similar initial if we want to shorten their name. Unless I know about their last name, I have to this to differentiate them. Any idea how to differentiate their initial?

Think what you are doing is good.  Otherwise,  JWan, JWon.... :D

From previews, totally love JJS character!  He seems fun, anyone would find it easy to connect to, esp patients.  The best doctors often are not the smartest but those with good bedside manners and able to relate to patients.  It helps when you have high EQ.  You get your points across better, patients bond with you quicker, they would listen and act on your advice.  One can never underestimate importance of humor and people skills in any profession.  I want to hang around him!

Didn’t YYS finish a musical last year?  I know some of these guys can sing.  Can I request a soundtrack from the cast?  After all, we are looking at playlist.  Maybe a song to a theme each episode? :D

• Like 5
  • Love 3