[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

35 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

I think that's actually what we are doing here, chingu, provide as many as possibilities.

35 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

There is no obligation that we have to hold on to one opinion. People see things from different perspectives. And that should be fine :) 

Don't get me wrong. I m not saying that we can't differ in opinions. Of course we can. I am mature enough to understand that. All I m saying is that u guys made the turn from  "Song Hwa possible crush was Ik Jun" to "Song Hwa possible crush is JeongWon " quite all of a sudden after watching ep 6 , where technically you guys should have stick to your first option & be happy that all of yours guess was correct instead you guys came up with an altogether different scenario, almost taking a 360 degree turn. If you guys had made this statement of "JeongWon being possible SongHwa first love" before EP 6 I would not be amazed. But now I am, & I repeat I m just amazed that I expressed, Not mad or anything. So no hard feelings.:heart:

• Love 3

10 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

@Kaizen68 You saw that coming good for you(you found the subtle clues, but I unfortunately couldn't do:sweatingbullets:). But this thought never occurred to me that the crush could be the other way around . So the surprise hit me very hard. And it  caught me off guard. But as I stated earlier I don't care with whom Ik Jun ends up. So him liking Song Hwa don't bothers me , it is THE WAY how it was shown ALL OF A SUDDEN ,that bothers me. But JJS brilliant romantic acting towards Song Hwa will eventually make me enjoy their love line , I m sure about that.

I prepared for any scenario since Jun Wan visit Ik Sun's military base. It hitted me so hard because I shipped him with Song Hwa. But yeah, with the revelation, at least we know that JJS's skill and charm will be well used in this drama.

15 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

You used my gif, I was more than happy to be helpful to you, you now can make your own gif , i noticed that too & I am happy for u to be able to do that. It is so much fun when we use a gif to prove our point of discussion. You was curious about my opinion , thank you very much for that, to be honest I also look forward to your comments, especially after the revelation , I thought about your reaction, that you would be quite happy about this development:love:.

Yes, thanks for the gif, chingu. I was thinking about his expression, but I considered it unimportant because I don't remember if anyone mentioned that expression before, until you posted the gif. It was that actually came across to me because Ik Jun was so breathtakingly handsome too in that scene. But at the same time, it seemed that he also hid something that might make me hurt. 

Actually I have a mixed feeling about this development. I like it because the story-line is good and unexpected. I don't like it because I know Ik Jun Song Hwa won't be together anytime soon (waiting for seven days is already killing me, I can't imagine waiting for another season in a year or two). Even though I knew this is the risk since I'm already on board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

But at the same time, it seemed that he also hid something that might make me hurt. 

O yeah, now I think back about this scene:smirk: , why he was so curious about the reason? when apparently he knew SeokHyong was rejected, then SeokHyong must had told him the reason for rejection.

• Like 2

Hi there 친구들 :)

It is quite a long time since my last comment in this forum since W - 2 Worlds (oh my dear Hyo-joo :heart: ) and it is very nice seeing all you guys actively discussing about this wonderful drama.

May be I am simple-minded or maybe because I didn't watch any of the Reply series, I believe in what I saw about the possible love-lines.

It will be a big shock to me if the PD directs the first-love of Songhwa to any other than IK Jun in my opinion. The way she look at him, the way she smile when talking with him or when hearing people discussing about him truly shows the girl in love or the girl who proud-at-that-boy-who-is-my-wonderful-guy. Haha from my point of view everything is clear and I don't have any feeling for the Songhwa-crush-for-Jeong-Woo theory, actually : ))

Don't you think that we are digging and thinking to deep about all the possibly couple theories? Just like "hey she reveal more information to Jeong Woo (6 month re-check) then she must like him more than the others" is a bit over-thinking or over-digging in my opinion because in my point of view this is just a casual conversation with my dear friends : ))

I will not watch any of this PD's drama in the future if he reveals anything other than the current set up (IJ-SW, JW-IS, Jeong-Woo - Dr. J, SK-MH or no romance at all): )) you PD-nim can't play with our poor heart this way. haha

A little bit off topic but reading you guys theories reminding me so much about the funny-cute-little-war across the fandom for the ship "Luffy-Nami or Sanji-Nami" from One Piece : )) Just one event and we shippers can direct it to 2 totally opposite way to support our ship and even there, there is a lot of fan support the no-romance between members theory haha just like here we also still fine if the five remain best friends forever : ))

Spoiler

93013713_2520395068201777_84150705046914

• Like 3
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

Don't get me wrong. I m not saying that we can't differ in opinions. Of course we can.

Ohh, sorry about that, chingu. I read the post exactly after you said you don't happy with the revelation and red angry emoji :lol: I thought you still angry with the show or something.

11 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

O yeah, now I think back about this scene:smirk: , why he was so curious about the reason? when apparently he knew SeokHyong was rejected, then SeokHyong must had told him the reason for rejection.

Ikr! Even though he pretends didn't know about the rejection. And he was married back then. So no one expected this twist before. But his hurt expression itself was pure and genuine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

@Kaizen68 You saw that coming good for you(you found the subtle clues, but I unfortunately couldn't do:sweatingbullets:). But this thought never occurred to me that the crush could be the other way around . So the surprise hit me very hard. And it  caught me off guard. But as I stated earlier I don't care with whom Ik Jun ends up. So him liking Song Hwa don't bothers me , it is THE WAY how it was shown ALL OF A SUDDEN ,that bothers me.

Hi chingu! You know why they had to show it in episode 6? It's because of Song Hwa's condition. Her condition was meant to stir their emotions. Who will be triggered? Who will worry the most? Will it be a turning point for someone? It's in line with Ik Jun's connection to her. Now, we're aware of their history. Not just the two of them, but the whole squad itself. Bittersweet, right? They showed it on the half of the season to enlighten us what really happened during their orientation. If you'd remember, they used Zoo's "In front of the City Hall at the Subway Station" as background music after taking their first picture together in episode 1. After 5 episodes, the band finally performed the song. Oh, so that's the song! Song Hwa was the most vulnerable in the 6th episode. We were dragged back to the moment when she first met her guy friends. It's all about timing. 

If this was a normal 16-episode/20-episode drama with 2 episodes per week then it's like we're on the 12th episode now. This isn't a Reply series where a Kim Dong Ryul's song is expected to play on the background while flashbacks of the endgame couple are shown in the last episode. Hospital Playlist uses flashback as a guide but the show also encourages us to look forward to the characters' present journey and their future. Now, we may look forward to a new chapter of Ik Jun and Song Hwa's story after the cancer scare. :)

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, nhquan94 said:

I also noticed this while listening to their conversation :P why did she use banmal when this is supposed to be their first meet?

It was university entrance selection. So I think because they automatically know they are in the same age? :huh:

Hq5HTqF.gif

And from Ik Jun's expression. It seemed that he didn't know who's the girl and didn't purposely buy the hairband to give it to her. And if they know each other before, Ik Jun could have been talking to her like he did to Jun Wan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Ahn Jeong won/ Chae song hwa

you mean Ahn Chi Hong? :joy:

ah..seems impossible to choose between those two coffee but, isn’t it too early to give up on my captain now? Hehe

84147053e78728411d378fa1ef3a80eab337e0b7

Also, i love that we discussed all the possibilities here, everyone may have different opinion and prediction and i’d love to hear all of them here!
Let’s don’t give this writer any room to trick us!! Catch them all! Fighting! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

42 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

It was university entrance selection. So I think because they automatically know they are in the same age? :huh:

And from Ik Jun's expression. It seemed that he didn't know who's the girl and didn't purposely buy the hairband to give it to her. And if they know each other before, Ik Jun could have been talking to her like he did to Jun Wan. 

Yup actually for Korean they almost using polite language and need to be allowed to use banmal even same age or not so I feel a bit strange : ))

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 1

@ibelieveee totally get what u said. But my point is IF they just shown us the scene where she told them on dining table & Ik Jun reaction, & when Ik Jun came to get her reports even before her, and had NOT shown us the flashback scene THEN all of us would have considered it as a clue that the crush was mutual or only IK Jun had a crush on Song Hwa. Would not We? And the flash back scene could be shown to us in any coming ep to confirm our speculation that we would have made in ep 6 .But what they did , they THROW the revelation that Ik Jun liked Song Hwa as well in just one episode. They did not build up our speculation about Ik Jun crush on SongHwa through different scenes so It was very sudden for me. And I didn't like it at all. But nevertheless I can watch JJS being romantic to a tree:P:lol: so I will warm up to their couple eventually.

Were the Fab five using banmal during their first meeting in the shed too? Honestly I have been watching kdramas for so many years yet I still can't differentiate between these formal and informal speech. LOL. 

Ok time to dissect the preview. Why do you guys think Ik jun said "It's embarrasing if others find out" and "why is my life so hard"? I assume it's Ik Jun's voice. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

@ibelieveee They did not build up our speculation about Ik Jun crush on SongHwa through different scenes so It was very sudden for me. And I didn't like it at all. But nevertheless I can watch JJS being romantic to a tree:P:lol: so I will warm up to their couple eventually.

They actually did. There are clues & theories going around since episode 1. It just depends where you're looking at or how you look at their scenes. I noticed that there was some spark whenever Ik Jun would interact with Song Hwa, thanks to JJS's acting. The actor's nuances and gestures made me more curious about his connection to her in the past.

In episode 2, the revelation about Ik Jun's marriage was a total shocker. How could we ship him with Song Hwa now?! Other fans thought he was just a single dad. Most of the time, he's busy with Uju. Dr. Ahn also entered the picture. But eventually, the divorce happened. They even brought his ex back. See? There's a build up. I have to admit, Ik Jun's my favorite character. I'm fully aware of his development in the series and I've become so attached to his character since the beginning. :lol:

• Like 3

Why the girl intern called Ik Jun as Dr Romantic. I guess she was referring to the drama Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim. As I did not watch any of the season I don't know what resemblance she noticed , what are the characteristics of Dr Romantic & Ik Jun that matched? 
 I was really waiting for them to meet Ik Jun for I wanted to know how he will treat them & as expected he treated them very well. Unlike others , didn't ask the same questions about family but just asked about music in which young generation is interested. Plus giving them a good advice to not wait in the room, that no other doc gave them.I totally Loved that scene.
Btw the girl intern is really pretty & I especially like her sweet voice, she talks so softly, so smoothly. Can she have a TEEN CRUSH on Lee Ik Jun. The way she smiled & said he is romantic Dr, idk I feel something fishy here.

• Like 1

Hi all. Late joining the party! I was a bit hesitant whether to watch this series or not, coz I am not a fan of Reply 94 & 88 [a minority here, I believe] but only 97. I tried 1 or 2 episodes for both 94 & 88, but simply could not go on... may be becoz the neighborhood relationships are too utopian for my taste, having very bad experience with my own neighbors in real life, that I find the stories not relatable. And I am tired of the scriptwriters repeating the husband guessing game; for me meaningful emotional build-ups are more important than surprises disrupting the logical flow of a story.

Fortunately Hospital Playlist seems much more fluid in storytelling... and with just enough amount of spoilers [but not too much] I am able to grasp the stories of multiple characters, fab5 and also the residents and others, without much difficulty while binge watching the first 6 episodes. I kinda enjoy going with the flow of whether the scriptwriter wants to lead us, with pieces of facts revealing themselves bit by bit, rather than over-analysing things. The characters' dynamics may seem a bit artificial sometimes, not every medical case and joke works for me, but overall the watching experience, and pace, are good so far.

PS. My personal favourite medical drama is Code Blue 1&2. Good ensemble cast, medical cases shaped the growth of characters cohesively, intensive and woah-ing emergency scenes....how about you?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Were the Fab five using banmal during their first meeting in the shed too? Honestly I have been watching kdramas for so many years yet I still can't differentiate between these formal and informal speech. LOL. 

Ok time to dissect the preview. Why do you guys think Ik jun said "It's embarrasing if others find out" and "why is my life so hard"? I assume it's Ik Jun's voice. 

Rewatch Ep 1 then yes, they all use banmal in their first meet talking picture, even Songhwa use banmal with the guys :D

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But I don't have Reply 88 baggage to contend with. I still believe that there's a reason why all these lovelines with residents are being drawn.

I'm not convinced I'm watching a psychological thriller like 365 where I have to pick out the red herrings from we're being shown.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the show ends up being pretty straightforward? That might be the biggest twist of all. :P

Sorry to cut your post above. I know you do not mean "Reply 88 baggage" in any negative way, but I have to admit it hurts a bit to see it used in that context. I have seen all the Reply series and Prison Playbook. Loved Prison Playbook (seen it many times) and out of Reply, '88 will always be held close to my heart. It is true that the "husband-hunting" was the forefront of the story for most of the viewers, but the impression of it as just that is sad to me. It was also a story about the love between family, friends and neighbors. The writer's knack of quirky humor and stirring up nostalgia was also present there too. In terms of romance, it was not just between the young friends. There were also second chances for the elder folks too. Those were all the things I loved about '88.

I agree with you that there is a reason why love lines are being drawn with residents which I appreciate and hope some will manifest, but it also cannot be denied that the writer is also setting up a possibility within the friends based on episode 6. Trickery or not, we really will not know until the end. Like many said, there are three seasons so a lot will happen over the course of the story. I think we should be open to any kind of possibilities in between and at the very end.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 5:22 PM, thanie said:

@hibiscus23, same here.

Hide contents

CLOY, Choco and Itaewon Class ruined me for another kdramas :rolleyes: 

... but I think this drama is worth watching. I won't be closing my door though. Hugs and Kisses. Mwah! 

@thanie it's nice to be here again & seeing some chingoos! am looking f/ward to a couple of kdramas,

Spoiler

one with Song sang heon (spell?) and one with Lee Bo Young this one titled when love blooms.

i guess we'd been busy dealing with this virus that i had to put off some kdramas on hold but after Easter been re-watching some old kdrama dvds fr my collection!

hi to all our chingoos to name a few @Ameera Ali@Lawyerh & not sure if some other chingoos watching this one so I just got stumbled here to reply to thanie!

• Like 1
  • Love 2