[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

20 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Why continue working with her then?

He has to. Their work intersects a lot.  She’s the only GS resident. GS is all encompassing.  They get called up for a lot of cases because surgery is required (ER) which is not specifically bone related or neurological or cardiothoracic.  That’s why Bae had to call her in for the child in the first instance as standby in Ep1/2(?).  Remember they called her for support in ER and then the double upped and called Andrea as well (hence Bae apologized to Andrea for his call in which she thought was unnecessary).  And I guess she scrubbed in for the baby with gastroschisis as well because it’s soft tissue surgery and gut related.  As GS resident she has to deal with the adult donor (her specialty) and Andrea deals with the child side of things.  That’s why he was waiting for her call in the end of the episode 6.  Everything was going fine (everything checked out).  She probably scrubbed in with one of the GS professors to remove the donor liver?  Until she (residents do the ringing and paper work) rang Andrea to give him the bad news, the liver was too thick for the baby.  Andrea was ready to receive the liver to transplant into the baby.

But yes we will have to agree to disagree on this matter. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

yup. Bingo.  Which is why if you look at the poll, barely anyone believes he will end up a priest. :lol: 

Only a mind-reader can tell if he is serious about becoming a priest.

But based on his DNA or family history, there is a very good chance he will....unless perhaps  Song hwa finds a way to stop him....as he seems to be the best fit... still pure and clean.  The other guys are experienced romantics....so Jeong-Won is not a bad choice....a dark horse.

Just a purist POV.  :w00t: 

• Like 2

Go Ara Shares Thoughts And Photos From Cameo Appearance In “Hospital Playlist”

Apr 19, 2020
by S. Park
ce193534c9264e16b4168d085267cfeb.jpeg?s=

Go Ara had a blast on the set of “Hospital Playlist”!

On April 17, the actress shared photos of her posing with cast members of the tvN drama including Kim Kap Soo, Kim Hae Sook, Kim Dae Myung, Jo Jung Suk, as well as producing director (PD) Shin Won Ho.

PD Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung of “Hospital Playlist” are the same creators behind the popular drama “Reply 1994” where Go Ara played lead Sung Na Jung. In “Hospital Playlist,” Go Ara made a cameo appearance as Jo Jung Suk’s ex-girlfriend and top actress Go Ara.

She wrote, “A fun set. Good luck ‘Hospital Playlist.’ The director offered me an appearance and I filmed with excitement and gratitude. Thank you to the director for the appearance offer. Filming was so much fun and I think it’ll be another valuable memory. Also, thank you to viewers who welcomed my special appearance in ‘Hospital Playlist’ and remembered Na Jung from ‘Reply 1994.’ I’ll continue to tune in as a fan of director Shin Won Ho and writer Lee Woo Jung, and an avid watcher of ‘Hospital Playlist.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395151wpp/go-ara-shares-thoughts-and-photos-from-cameo-appearance-in-hospital-playlist

Go Ara Stunning in Pink for cameo in Wise Doctor Life in Reunion with Answer Me 1994 PD Shin Won Ho

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/04/18/go-ara-stunning-in-pink-for-cameo-in-wise-doctor-life-in-reunion-with-answer-me-1994-pd-shin-won-ho/

@40somethingahjumma

I am fond with Dr.Maggot too.I wish I was fond at the same level with Dr.SeongHwa too but ......a heart is a heart and we can not choose which one we like and which we just ....accept;)

Not liking someone does not mean we dislike him though.

I have to say I was surprised when I read somewhere that Dr.Maggot ( who became my favorite character in this drama) is the actress who played in "Confessions" .I did not like Yuri from Confessions ,I found her annoying , did not even recognize the actress and here I am now eating my own words.:vicx:

You never know chingus.

Because something starts in a certain way does not mean will stay for ever the same.

Life and dramas especially dramas with 3 seasons are very unpredictable.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, maggiee said:

I am with you about this interpretation. 

Maybe there are to much interpretation about how JeongWon secretly cares for Dr. Jang but I don't think it is true. 

JeongWon will really care to take care of his people, but the fact that he was doing nothing when she chased the man made me think that he didn't really feel he needs to. Even his face somehow looked angry when he told dr. Jang to prepare the surgery. He didn't thank her or ask about her condition. He told Dr. Jang to called the security but she didn't do that and take action on her own. It is not how you take order from your senior. Above all, you make yourself in danger. I think it is in JeongWon's mind.

So, until now, I didn't think they will end up together. 

I agree that Jeong Won doesn't have any particular/romantic/special feelings yet for Dr. Jang. But I am questioning why Jeong Won didn't say anything to dr. Jang after she chased the abusive dad. Let say he's angry, why he didn't give her advice or lessons?  Again, I believe he's more likely to disagree with her dangerous action. But isn't it unprofessional if Jeong Won left her just like that while he looks so mad? And what if dr. Jang doing that kind of action again? I am somewhat confused.

If there will be a romantic relationship between them, I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Jeong Won himself has so many agendas. He wants to quit as a doctor, and he wants to pursue his dream of becoming a priest. And it doesn't feel right to sacrifice your own dreams because someone who likes you. And this opinion has nothing to do with dr. Jang's personality. I love her anyway as she's relatable to many people.

It just I believe Jeong Won must be sure and be established first with his career choice as a doctor before finally build any romantic relationship with another doctor. Therefore I see, this couple will not be sailing anytime soon.  Besides, this is a drama with multiple seasons. And we still a halfway in the first season.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, yookitube said:

Only a mind-reader can tell if he is serious about becoming a priest.

But based on his DNA or family history, there is a very good chance he will....unless perhaps

Song hwa finds a way to stop him....as he seems to be the best fit... still being pure and clean.  The other guys are experienced romantics....so Jeong-Won is not a bad choice....a dark horse.

Just a purist POV.  :w00t: 

But this was supposed to be a joke. An entire family of priests and nuns... that hardly ever happens. It has nothing to do with DNA. It's not the same thing as having a whole family of doctors or lawyers or musicians. You're talking about a whole generation of men and women who aren't reproducing after themselves. ;) There's no one to carry on the family bloodline much less take on the family business. That is such an un-Korean thing to do. This is why his friends think he is nuts. He is the only one left who can potentially have a family. 

Well... I think you can tell if someone is serious about something without having to read their minds. There are things that they do and say that give it away. As a teacher, I can easily tell if any of my students are serious by how much effort they give to something. Every parent knows this too.

My view is that Jeong-won only wants to be a priest because all his other siblings have taken vows of celibacy. ;) He's the youngest of 5 children. He doesn't want to be left out of what the others are doing. As long as we're not told otherwise, I'm sticking to this theory. :P To me the priesthood is not an occupation, it's a vocation. Not everybody is suited to it just because they want it. Aside from going through theological training, there's also the practical side of things and the interviews. I don't see him do any kind of volunteer work outside of the hospital within the Catholic system. In Protestant churches, people who aspire to be in the ministry have to be already actively involved in their local church in some capacity. So none of this priest wannabe thing computes with me. To me it's a crutch he pulls out when he's upset. :P

44 minutes ago, nrllee said:

He has to. Their work intersects a lot.  She’s the only GS resident. GS is all encompassing.  

But yes we will have to agree to disagree on this matter. :lol:

Sure. But there's still nothing in the scenes that they share demonstrates dislike on his end. He is absolutely civil. He's not holding his nose in their interactions. Whatever dislike he had for her, he got over that in Episode 2. It's clear as day to me.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

25 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Sure. But there's still nothing in the scenes that they share demonstrates dislike on his end. He is absolutely civil. He's not holding his nose in their interactions. Whatever dislike he had for her, he got over that in Episode 2. It's clear as day to me.

Yes I agree with this. I don't think he dislikes her now. I don't think he has the ability to dislike anyone. Haha. But there are also no evidence of him liking her that way. I have said this multiple times, but I think he treats her like he would treat any other resident under him. That's why I'm hesitating about jumping onto this ship. There are no signs from him. Maybe there are, because they have the most votes, but I can't see it. LOL. 

This writer is like the puppet master, she is pulling the strings and we are dancing accordingly. I totally shipped Jun wan and Song hwa initially but it went nowhere, no I'm into Ik Jun and Song hwa, but I can feel the writer's evil smile from above, she is just going to suddenly change course and say that it was Jeong won and Song hwa all along. LOL. I'm prepared for everything. I have learned my lesson from R88. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

After ep 6 aired, I check tvn site for the character descriptions, and so far there is no update about the 5 main characters or the supporting characters (Captain Ahn, Lee Ik Sun, Dr Jang Gyeo Wool, Dr Chu Min Ha, and Dr Do Jae Hak) I have translated before.

For those who is curious and have yet to see the translation and didn't know where to find it, you can check this post I put under spoiler (Please note that I'm not fluent in both language, so I might have made mistakes)

Spoiler

So to fill the waiting time until Thursday comes, I take the chance to translate 3 people of supporting characters that have become my favorites and whenever they appeared would make me smile: Lee Woo Jo (or can also be read as U Ju, though I preferred to call his name as WJ); Madam Jung Ro Sa; President Joo Jong Soo (or can also be read as Ju Jong Su).

Lee Woo Jo (Male/ Ik Jun's son/ 5 years old)

Spoiler

Ik Jun's only son. 
Just like the meaning of his name (a universe), he conveys good energy with a wide open heart. 
He's only 5 years old (Korean age, 4 years old in international age), but to him Dad is a person who can break promise all the time. 
When Dad asked to give 'a kiss' he has to be ready to give it. 
Despite all of that he is a smart son who realized that his Dad is someone who loves him the most more than anyone else.

He spends more time with Aunt Wang than his father but he never complained.
His favorite food is the rice noodle he eats with his dad.
His favorite song is the lullaby sung by his dad.
His favorite smell is the smell of disinfectant from his father's clothes.

In between of his thoughts about his father, the girl who sits beside him at the daycare keeps appearing in his mind.
"Daddy, is this what you call a first love?"

Jung Ro Sa (Female/ Jung Won's mother/ 70 years old)

Spoiler

The wife of late Chairman Ahn Byung Woo. As a devout Catholic, when in other house there is no priests or nuns, in this family they have four people!
Among of her five children, her youngest, Jung Won, is the only one who protects the lonely mother. 

In 70 years of her life, she has faced the ups and downs more than a dozen times like others but she is still optimistic and mischievous. 
That's why there are always many people around her and in every meeting there is a lot of excitement.
She has been friends with Joo Jong Soo who is the same age with her and grew up together in the same neighborhood since they were young. 
Since their elementary school days and up until now, whenever they meet they would 'growl' and always at each other's throat (constantly arguing) but if they didn't meet then she will get curious about him and without him, she would feel bored.

He is the best friend of 60 years, the only one in her life.

Joo Jong Soo (Male/ President of Yulje Foundation/ 70 years old)

Spoiler

He has been with Yulje Group for 30 years. It's not an exaggeration to say that he is part of Yulje's history.
He always looks as the quite type with facial expressions that others can't tell what he is thinking about. He always being misunderstood as an ambitious person.

But who knows what is his inner feelings?
He is already 70 years old and now for him an honor or a signboard are just bothersome.
He just wants to help Yulje, where he has lived his whole life, and leads it on the right path.

He just wants to live quietly in the countryside with his wife while looking at flowers... 
But his sick wife never woke up and he is burdened with the late Chaiman Ahn position.
But whenever he meets with his longtime friend Ro Sa, a smile spreads on the face of gloomy Jong Soo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hi! I am a silent lurker here since HP first time aired, but now I can't resist to comment. I have watched all previous this writer's drama, except Prison Playbook (but I think this drama is not counted, because she didn't write it), and I can say it's her habit to do "guessing game" in all of her dramas. Well, you can say that you watch HP because of friendship, but you can't deny that the "unclear loveline" is the most interesting part of this drama. Afterall,  80% discussion of this forum is all about the romance/shipping couple :sweatingbullets:

Anyway I want to give opinion about Jeongwon/Gyeowool.
1. I don't agree if the reason of Jeongwon's cold behaviour to Gyeowool because he irks her. I think it's because he didn't want to give her a false hope. Jeongwon is a very observant person, so I think he realized that Gyeowool has crush on him. But unfortunately, he didn't feel the same way *at least right now* because his mind is full of his dream to be a priest. That's why he keep distance to her. 
Ep 6 shows that only with a smiley message from Jeongwon already made Gyeowool think he likes her, can you imagine if all this time Jeongwon treat Gyeowol like he treats other people (smiling, giving nice gestures), it will make Gyeowol feels her heart fly to the sky :lol: This is why Jeongwon set a boundaries to Gyeowool because purely he didn't want to give false hope of her crush feeling. I think the reason why Jeongwon can maintain his single status till his 40s because he always set boundaries to whomever girl had crush on him. His mind & priorities are always to become a priest, so he never bothered to fall in love, even his character description said he want to be a priest way before than his brothers and sisters, and neither his budding love in 20s or his fame in 30s cannot beat his dream to be a priest.

2. You can argue that Jeongwon start developing a feeling to Gyeowool because of the chocopie scene but I think the purpose of this scene only to show that Jeongwon is a very observant person and a nicest person. He notices that Gyeowool already ate 2 pcs chocopie eagerly (maybe he think she is very hungry or she really loves the chocopie) thus he gives another chocopie. There is no hidden intention in Jeongwon's action, but I can understand Gyeowool's reaction. Afterall, if we like someone, the small gestures from him already made our heart swooning. I think this is why many viewers rooted for Gyeowool because her character and her one side love feels relatable to viewers. 

I don't know how the writer will bring Jeongwon-Gyeowool story, whether they will end up as couple or this will be about a journey of Gyeowool one side love. If they end up as couple, I believe it will not happen in this season. At this state, Gyeowol still has a long journey to win Jeongwon's heart *her rival is God* :sweatingbullets:
But if in the end it's about Gyeowol's one side love story, I believe her character still can shine and have special place in viewer's heart just like Chilbong & Junghwan's story in Answer Me series. 

PS: Talking about Jeongwon's budding love in 20s, I don't think it's Gyeowool because in character description Gyeowool's age is 29 years old, which mean 20 years ago, her age was 9 years old. It will be creepy & out of character if Jeongwon's first love is 9 years old Gyeowool :sweatingbullets:
I will talk about Jeongwon's first love in another post :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

40 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Yes I agree with this. I don't think he dislikes her now. I don't think he has the ability to dislike anyone. Haha. But there are also no evidence of him liking her that way. I have said this multiple times, but I think he treats her like he would treat any other resident under him. That's why I'm hesitating about jumping onto this ship. There are no signs from him. Maybe there are, because they have the most votes, but I can't see it. LOL. 

This writer is like the puppet master, she is pulling the strings and we are dancing accordingly. I totally shipped Jun wan and Song hwa initially but it went nowhere, no I'm into Ik Jun and Song hwa, but I can feel the writer's evil smile from above, she is just going to suddenly change course and say that it was Jeong won and Song hwa all along. LOL. I'm prepared for everything. I have learned my lesson from R88. 

Ikr, we never know what's on the writer's head hahaha..

and yeah me too, learning from Reply 88, it was hurt as hell as I'm team Jung Hwan :sweatingbullets:

"I totally shipped Jun wan and Song hwa initially but it went nowhere" This is so relatable, I found their bond is amazing initially and often bickering but then going nowhere after ep 4-5 lol

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kaizen68 said:

I agree that Jeong Won doesn't have any particular/romantic/special feelings yet for Dr. Jang. But I am questioning why Jeong Won didn't say anything to dr. Jang after she chased the abusive dad. Let say he's angry, why he didn't give her advice or lessons?  Again, I believe he's more likely to disagree with her dangerous action. But isn't it unprofessional if Jeong Won left her just like that while he looks so mad? And what if dr. Jang doing that kind of action again? I am somewhat confused.

If there will be a romantic relationship between them, I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Jeong Won himself has so many agendas. He wants to quit as a doctor, and he wants to pursue his dream of becoming a priest. And it doesn't feel right to sacrifice your own dreams because someone who likes you. And this opinion has nothing to do with dr. Jang's personality. I love her anyway as she's relatable to many people.

It just I believe Jeong Won must be sure and be established first with his career choice as a doctor before finally build any romantic relationship with another doctor. Therefore I see, this couple will not be sailing anytime soon.  Besides, this is a drama with multiple seasons. And we still a halfway in the first season.

I think it is because he just mad to the point he didn't want to discuss it. He must know that Dr. Jang try to do something good, but it is not the right thing in his opinion. If I'm in his position, I don't think I will yell or try to give her lesson or something too, because sometimes you are angry because something is not as you expected but you didn't do anything as long as there is nothing bad happen. I will just take it to myself. JeongWon is nice to others, he can be petty or rude just to his family or his friends. He won't do that to anyone he is not closed with. 

(And above all, they need to do the surgery. He needs to stay calm. So is Dr. Jang. If he say something bad to her, her focus will be distracted. It is in my opinion.)

It is different when he is angry at her when she talks rude to the child's mom. Someone's heart is hurt, especially it is his patient's family. He can't hold his anger at that time, because it is the right thing to do. 

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But this was supposed to be a joke. An entire family of priests and nuns... that hardly ever happens. It has nothing to do with DNA. It's not the same thing as having a whole family of doctors or lawyers or musicians. You're talking about a whole generation of men and women who aren't reproducing after themselves. ;) There's no one to carry on the family bloodline much less take on the family business. That is such an un-Korean thing to do. This is why his friends think he is nuts. He is the only one left who can potentially have a family.

You may be right.

But looking back...when the chairman died.. Jeong-Won was the only remaining eligible heir or successor. Note, his older siblings were no longer eligible or have forfeited their right to the inheritance.  Surprise surprise Jeong-Won gave up or passed.  I thought he was just too righteous ...no greed in his bones.

However when he expressed his desire (to his mom) to enter the priesthood...that seems to explain it all.....and why he has no interest in acquiring material things or position.  Priesthood requires a "vow of poverty" were they live and die bereft/deprived of any material possession.  So it makes sense.

If this holds, then Dr Jang has no chance.  Perhaps Song Hwa has... since they've known each other like forever, and I am guessing.. she holds a special place in his heart.

• Like 2

I’m also a GW/Dr Maggot fan! There’s something really refreshing about her - she doesn’t care about her appearance, she’s honest with her feelings and she doesn’t try to be something she’s not. She’s pining over JW but she’s so far refrained from dolling up or feigning interests to get closer to him. Even when she made blunt comments about Minha’s makeup, you could see it was coming from a good place.

She has a naivety about her which is also sweet (eg her hopefulness about the text message and her subsequent disappointment). She looks really inexperienced about love and is desperate for reciprocation but she has no idea what she’s doing. 

Do I think JW likes her back? I don’t see active dislike or apathy. He was very upset when he thought she was having an affair with IJ in ep3 even going to the effort of searching for them to voice his objections. When Dr Bong in ep2 asked Dr Bae to call Gyeo-wool to the homeless maggot-ingested guy, JW’s interest was piqued when he heard her name and he followed Dr Bong to the emergency room. There was a close up of GW from JW’s perspective as she was pulling out maggots which stood out to me.

Let’s not forget during the cookie scene in ep4 he gave her side glances at least three times before subtlety passing her snacks (he didn’t look at the obgyn resident or the interns this way). I think JW looked concerned when Dr Bae mentioned that the child abuser dad might have a knife and when IJ mentioned her emergency allergic reaction. 

Also did anyone else notice in ep6 after GW assured JW that she explained Ji-ah’s condition to her parents in detail, he said “go seng hess o yeo” which translates to ‘you tried hard’ - probably the nicest thing he has said to her on camera other than the text message which he would never have sent if there was dislike.

Given his inexperience with women and his desire to be a priest, i think it will take him a long time to realise his feelings, be comfortable with having them and then act. Hopefully IJ will play Cupid to speed this up!

Hope I didn’t ramble too much but I love the discussion in this forum and I wanted to contribute!

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@Arajo81 welcome to uri GyeolWool's fan club ;) hehehehhhhhh LOVE your thoughts!

It's so refreshing to read everyone's interpretation!!! ^_^ Though it'll prolly gonna go back and forth a lot, for now, since the ship seems 'frozen' anyways, many of us can only agree to disagree :rolleyes:

From what I personally see:

Throughout the episodes thus far, after it was revealed that GW's crush is JeongWon, I noticed that many times JeongWon encounters directly or indirectly with GyeolWool somehow---coincidentally running into her at the elevator (although this was IkJun's matchmaking effort :lol:), from start to end of chasing abusive dad, learning about GW in the ER---his reaction scenes were always CUT SHORT... and because it was cut short, to me it shows ambiguity... giving us viewers that 'will he/wont he like her?' Like there may be something more to it... and that something is yet to be revealed... that's one of the reasons i have hopes for this lovely WinterGarden ship :wub: 

And of course that text with the ^^... again, not entirely necessary from him if she really irks him or he dislikes her... so that gives me hopes too.

Even though she's the only GS resident, Pediatric Surgery is NOT the same as GS, so for him to keep having her assist him for the surgery, follow him for ER cases, he must have built some level of trust with her skills, compared to how he thought of her back in episode 1/2.

For episode 6, in the beginning during the Jia baby case where after GW told him she explained it to the family, he only stared at her instead of outright asking her if she was blunt about her explanation or not. To me, that's some progress, and... that gives me hopes that his feelings/view of GW had changed for the better, not necessarily romantic, but definitely more positive. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Cantabile said:

PS: Talking about Jeongwon's budding love in 20s, I don't think it's Gyeowool because in character description Gyeowool's age is 29 years old, which mean 20 years ago, her age was 9 years old. It will be creepy & out of character if Jeongwon's first love is 9 years old Gyeowool :sweatingbullets:
I will talk about Jeongwon's first love in another post :)

The flashback scenes with Kim Je hyeok and Ji ho didn't feel creepy to me in Prison playbook. I don't think they will show 20 years old Jeong won falling for a 9 year old Dr. Jang. It will be more like how affectionate and close he was with her. But I seriously don't think this will happen. Lol. 

@medulalala Join the sunken ship club. Ahhh Jun wan and song hwa ship had so much potential.....sigh. Still I like him with Ik sun. Whatever makes oppa happy....

• LOL 3

Now I want to talk about Jeongwon-Songhwa. It bothers me that until ep 6 there is no 1 to 1 scene of Jeongwon & Songhwa, so we don't know how the dynamic of these two. It seems like the writer intentionally hide their scenes to make another big plot twist. This writer is known to love trolling and make unpredictable plot twist, so I am not surprised if in next episodes there is new ship appear, e.g. Jeongwon-Songhwa. 
I have rewatched ep 6 and re-read character description ans I think the writer put some red-herring in ep 6.

1. Many of us think ep 6 showed about Songhwa-Ikjun first love but I think the highlight of episode is only about Ikjun's first love. Songhwa's first love is still unclear. The writer put the red herring to make viewers believe that Ikjun is also Songhwa's first love. IMO, the red herring is on the flashback:
A) The flashback showed that Ikjun give the scrunchies to Songhwa in their first encounter and this is the moment Ikjun fall in love with Songhwa. And then in the present time show the scene that Songhwa wear the scrunchies when they are playing their band. Many viewers assume this is the same scrunchies that Ikjun gave to Songhwa, which lead to opinion that Songhwa's first love is Ikjun because she still save that scrunchies. 
but I think it's just the red herring from the writer. I watched many times and noticed the size & color are different between Ikjun's past scrunchies and Songhwa's present scrunchies. And there is no way the scrunchies made of rubber can last 20 years. 
b)  The MT flashback showed that Songhwa saw Ikjun & Junwan left the room, and then she start to get her jacket and follow them. I think this is also the red herring because the scene was cut right after Songhwa about to get up from her seat. It didn't show whether she really follow them or she actually did something else. This scene showed to mislead viewers that Songhwa follow her first love *assuming it's Ikjun" out of the room. But if she really followed Ikjun, then the order who arrive at the shed should be:
Ikjun Junwan
Songhwa
Jeongwon Seokhyung

But Songhwa arrived the last, which made another question arrise. Did she really follow Ikjun? Or is this just the misleading scene? I think we will find the answer in next episodes. I have a feeling there will be another MT flashback scene in next episodes which reveal big plot twist.
Until then, I assume Songhwa's first love is still unclear, and I am not ready yet to cheer for Ikjun-Songhwa's loveline. 

2. Now talking about character description:
- Jeongwon: The description said he has a budding love in 20s. 
- Songhwa: Description said she experience her first love in 20 (which I assume until now she can't forget because after that she never had any memorable dating relationship). 
- Seokhyung: Description said Jeongwon is someone who can trigger Seokhyung's jealousy. 

I try to connect the dots and my wild guess is that Jeongwon's is Songhwa's first love. Seokhyung is an introvert person and usually this type of personality is more observant especially to the person he likes, so I believe, in the past, sooner he knows/realized that Songhwa loves with Jeongwon. This also explain the character description why Jeongwon can trigger Seokhyung's jealousy. 
And I think this is more logical why Songhwa first love never worked even until 20 years because she knew that Jeongwon's dream to be a priest, she respect his dream and did not pursue her feeling. 

I also noticed Songhwa gave different answer about her biopsy result only to Jeongwon. She only said it's benign to Seokhyung & Junwan, but she gave the details result to Jeongwon and even mention she will need to do another check up in the next 6 months. This makes me a bit suspicious about Jeongwon & Songhwa's dynamic. And because there is no 1 to 1 scene of them so far made my curiosity increases *LOL*

Until now Jeongwon's mind & heart are like a closed book, we don't know why he is so obsessed to become a priest even his 20s budding love cannot beat his dream. So I believe the big plot twist will be in Jeongwon's arc. 

I just want to share this opinion to show there is a possibility of Jeongwon-Songhwa loveline if judging from the writer's previous work. But I am not saying they will surely be the canon OTP in the end. If it is true this drama will have multiple season then there are many possibilities who will end up with whom. Like dr Do's said, the past doesn't matters, the future matters. So whomever Songhwa's or Jeongwon's first love do not truly matter if in the present their hearts choose another person. 
Until then, my kind advice that we have to prepare our heart for the unexpected plot twist B)

Edited by Cantabile
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, Cantabile said:

Until then, my kind advice that we have to prepare our heart for the unexpected plot twist B)

Honestly nothing can surprise me at this point. We have covered all the possibilities here. Hahahaha.  Well I did get surprised with the reveal that Ik jun also had a crush on Song hwa, but from here on I think I won't be surprised with anything. 

But my wishful thinking is for song hwa's crush to be Ik jun. That is the only option where there will be minimal heartbreak. If Jeong won was her crush and if he also reciprocated her feelings at some point and they are going to be the endgame, I can't even imagine how many hearts will break in this thread. Just look at the number of supporters for Dr. Jang and Jeong won in the poll. Hahahaha. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

But my wishful thinking is for song hwa's crush to be Ik jun. That is the only option where there will be minimal heartbreak. If Jeong won was her crush and if he also reciprocated her feelings at some point and they are going to be the endgame, I can't even imagine how many hearts will break in this thread. Just look at the number of supporters for Dr. Jang and Jeong won in the poll. Hahahaha. 

I know, right :lol: At first, I thought the OTP will be Songhwa-Junwan but then the writer surprised me with Junwan-Iksun. After that I also cheer for Songhwa-Ikjun and Jeongwon-Gyeowool, but ep 6 surprised me again about Ikjun's first love to Songhwa. This made me suspicious because their progress is too fast to be canon, which lead to me think there is a possibility about Jeongwon-Songhwa. The writer loves trolling and hurt the viewers heart *side eyeing for Chilbong & Junghwan in reply series* so I already prepare my heart for the worst. I just hope since this drama will have multiple season, they will make a proper ending for whomever the lost ship. Not like throwing some random loveline in the ending *cough chilbong's arc* or made unclear closure for the character *cough Junghwan's arc*. I hope the writer learn from her previous drama and can make a better sattisfying ending for this drama *my wishful list*.

• LOL 1

@Cantabile I was also suspicious about the order of fab five entering that shed. Either she lost them while coming out because it was dark or it has something to do with the camera. Or maybe like you said she didn't follow Ik Jun because she had a crush on him, she just wanted to get out and when she saw two people escaping she just followed them but didn't want to go into a shed with two strangers, but when Jeong won (assuming that she had a crush on him), also went in, she mustered up courage to go in. This is what I can come up with. LOL. There is also a scene in 4th ep during the canon practise scene where Seok hyoeng looked at Song hwa lovingly, if you notice Jeong won was also practising drums in the background. So it could be that he knew her crush was JW and after he overcame her rejection he supported them? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@kokodus I see your shipping is changing course all the time ...what is happening?:joy:

I have been camping alot on this thread of late because the discussions are very entertaining.  Everyone is reading into every single detail to fan their ship ahead..I am impressed!