[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

@Ameera Ali What's with Dr. Jang everybody seems wants to work with her, she must be very good in everything because all department asking her to be in their team specially IL JUN :) ?

15872226951587222682.gif

She special , I loved they treat her like a princess even when she get sick all professors keep sending messages & comes to checks on her . She most be respect by them , either way is refreshing to see a woman been treated in a good way by other fellow male doctors. 

• Like 6
  • Love 6

ezgif-3-27607e3afaea.gif

Dr Jang Gyeo Wool ~ Ahn Jung won 
Dr Ahn Chi Yong  ~ Chae Song Hwa

Dr Chu Min Ha ~ Yang Suk Hyung

Dr Do Je Hak ~ Kim Jun Wan

Lee Ik sun got Zero  interested 

So far from THE FAB 5  Only 4 got intrigued customer about them from THE SALON  gathering , but here LIS working on it :joy:

# Will Zoo band fan  join the salon gathering :phew:
15872274521587227445.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Hi new here. I started watching this drama and after 2 episodes decided that am not going to ship anyone as I enjoyed the friendship more. (Like that was possible)But last episode changed me. I now believe its ik joon and swang hwa couple is the one they intended from the beginning. I mean the whole gang formed because of them. They met before they were friends. I think for this couple the attraction was instantaneous and they never really confessed. With everyone else maybe they developed a crush on her later but she was their friend first. With ik joon it started out as a crush that turned into love I think they are now friends because of timing and they want to be in each others life in any way possible. 

Rewatching the series after last episode made me realize it was obvious from the start.  All their previous band scenes in flashback they only have eyes for each other. And the canon song was basically them falling in love. Like in that whole sequence where he teaches her they seem oblivious to others. I dint think of it before. But after the last episode it was obvious. 

Also this writer has a thing for geniuses getting the girl. Trash Oppa was a genius who was bad at cleaning so is taek a genius who was socially awkward. Now ik joon is a genius who does not have a flaw but he kind of is weird with his cycling and other stuff. They emphasized he being top of everything multiple times. Usually that guy gets the girl. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

@Ketu R I didn't think of the genius gets the girl until you said it. Wow! And I agree with you completely. Same with you, I have stopped the shipping although I have to say, at first I was partial to Yoo Yeon Seok's character getting the main girl this time but after a few episodes that ship will not be sailing.

This drama is different mainly because the main characters are in their 40s already. And the fact that these 5 are still actively part in each others' lives, it is just something wonderful to see. With the Reply series it was always about the girl's choice. And if Song-hwa is happy being single, I will cheer for her. If she gets together with Ik-joon and cute U-ju, I'll be happy for her too.

But truth be told, I live for Director Joo and Jeong Rosa scenes. Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Ketu R said:

Also this writer has a thing for geniuses getting the girl. Trash Oppa was a genius who was bad at cleaning so is taek a genius who was socially awkward. Now ik joon is a genius who does not have a flaw but he kind of is weird with his cycling and other stuff. They emphasized he being top of everything multiple times. Usually that guy gets the girl. 

Ooo That's a very good point. Ik Joon indeed is a genius. But Song hwa herself is also kind of a wonder woman. In all the Reply series, the girls were all pretty dumb. LOL. So it was like dumb girls falling for geniuses. We will see how the dynamic will change here. In a way she is dumb too, she is tone deaf, right?!?! Hahahaha. And, yes, as you said the signs were all there from the beginning. I love they way she looked at him during the canon practise scene. That will be the defining moment in their relationship. But it's too early to come to a conclusion, so I'm just going to wait and see how everything unfolds. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Ooo That's a very good point. Ik Joon indeed is a genius. But Song hwa herself is also kind of a wonder woman. In all the Reply series, the girls were all pretty dumb. LOL. So it was like dumb girls falling for geniuses. We will see how the dynamic will change here. In a way she is dumb too, she is tone deaf, right?!?! Hahahaha. And, yes, as you said the signs were all there from the beginning. I love they way she looked at him during the canon practise scene. That will be the defining moment in their relationship. But it's too early to come to a conclusion, so I'm just going to wait and see how everything unfolds. 

Go- ara in 94 was not really dumb. She was good at studies. Chilbogie was kind of the dull one in studies in that. 

But yeah it could be musical. Ik joon the band leader who can sing and play guitar and swang hwa the tone deaf one. 

Edited by Ketu R
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

She special , I loved they treat her like a princess even when she get sick all professors keep sending messages & comes to checks on her . She most be respect by them , either way is refreshing to see a woman been treated in a good way by other fellow male doctors. 

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Well Dr Jang is the only female resident in GS thus she is a princess

She has many 'fathers' who wanna take care of her

I knowww right??? I think there's something about her skills and personality too that those 'fathers' to care for her so much... cuz if they only care at first just to want her to choose their specialty, then those artificial gestures would have stopped once she chose IkJun's HBP ... but they still continue to send msgs/check up on her when she was in the ER so there must be something special about her for them to want to take care of her like that since her outward appearance and personality are portrayed a little dry, stiff, and rough.. :wub: Mannn the more you guys pick up on these things about Dr. Jang, the more i love her character :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

Just wanted to add that Go Ara's character in Reply 1994, despite her basketball loving goofiness, was an engineering major.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ketu R said:

Go- ara in 94 was not really dumb. She was good at studies. Chilbogie was kind of the dull one in studies in that. 

But yeah it good be musical. Ik joon the band leader who can sing and play guitar and swang hwa the tone deaf one. 

4 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Just wanted to add that Go Ara's character in Reply 1994, despite her basketball loving goofiness, was an engineering major.

I'm so sorry about this. I didn't watch R94, and hence I shouldn't have generalized that all were dumb. I'm scared of watching R94 because I know I will fall for Yoo Yeon seok's character if I watch it, so knowing that he won't get the girl, my motivation to watch that show is significantly reduced. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

Wahhh That's...quite possible tooo. LOL. Maybe the reason he is mad is because he is angry that she doesn't remember him? LOL. How old is Dr. Jang? Min ha mentioned in 6th ep that she is young. Hmmm... Well if this theory doesn't come true, and Jeong won doesn't end up with her, you got your fanfic material right here. LOL. 

Heh... whatever the case may be... (I'm terrible at speculating to be honest)

Whether they have a past, whether she reminds him of someone or whether he realises that she is definitely "his cup of tea", our favourite pediatrician's feelings for Dr Maggot are more complex than we were originally led to believe.

What is also telling (to me) is that in the next episode, Ik-jun and Jun-wan stumble onto a letter of recommendation for his entry into the priesthood. "It's for real this time." Ik-jun says. He's been putting it off for years and now suddenly he's finally taken the plunge. I don't think the timing is purely coincidental.

Then Gyeo Ul calls Ik-jun who goes downstairs to show her the photos of Jeong-won.

Later Jeong-won shows up, interrupts their confab. Asks for a cigarette and she gets up to leave. He says something to Ik-jun "Not with Jang Gyeo Ul of all people. You'd better come to your senses before I beat you up. What are you thinking? You're married."

Why "Not with Jang Gyeo Ul of all people."? Then of course IJ asks JW what he thinks of her and we don't know his answer is. Why is he especially concerned that it's her?

So we have a striking juxtaposition of his application to go into the priesthood and our finding out that GU is crushing on him. Does that suggest some kind of tension?

We assumed of course that GU liked him first... but what if it's the other way around... 

Again... purely speculative.

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

When I think about how even the grumpy professor who complained about the take-away meals desperately wants her on his surgical team, you know that she's doing something very right. She has to be more than hard-working. Clearly she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and she'll do whatever it takes without whining. I imagine her surgical skills will have to be reasonably good as well. 

There are definitely compelling reasons why she is popular in the GS unit. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Why "Not with Jang Gyeo Ul of all people."? Then of course IJ asks JW what he thinks of her and we don't know his answer is. Why is he especially concerned that it's her?

This sentence bothered me too for a moment. I didn't understand what he meant. I get it he thought he was cheating and it's wrong. But what the difference if it's with Gyeo wool or another woman. Can't wait to see more about Jeong-won. 

@kokodusGyeo wool is 29 yo.

• Like 7

I would add on to the Ikjun-Songhwa moments..— he specifically went to the ER at the hospital she worked at to get the helmet removed! He could have went to the one Jeongwan and Junwan but he came there for help. 

Who knows.. Yulje could have been the closest hospital but it’s still cute to think about :)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

But what the difference if it's with Gyeo wool or another woman.

I thought about this too. The way he said it, it’s as if it is okay if it were another woman, but not Jang. Is he being protective of Jang, or he is telling IJ that Jang is off limits?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Fan Account said:

I would add on to the Ikjun-Songhwa moments..— he specifically went to the ER at the hospital she worked at to get the helmet removed! He could have went to the one Jeongwan and Junwan but he came there for help. 

Who knows.. Yulje could have been the closest hospital but it’s still cute to think about :)

Can anyone explain this? Because I thought they are working in the same hospital: Yulje Medical Center. But in the drama, from the conversation in episode 1. Why they differentiate Song Hwa's hospital and Ik Jun's hospital? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

Can anyone explain this? Because I thought they are working in the same hospital: Yulje Medical Center. But in the drama, from the conversation in episode 1. Why they differentiate Song Hwa's hospital and Ik Jun's hospital? 

From my understanding the beginning of the show we have them working at different hospitals.

-jeongwon and junwan— kangwoon medical center

-songhwa— yulje medical center

-seokhyeong— unknown

-ikjun—unknown

Then once Jeongwon took over the VIP ward he recruited everyone to work at Yulje. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought about this too. The way he said it, it’s as if it is okay if it were another woman, but not Jang. Is he being protective of Jang, or he is telling IJ that Jang is off limits?

My interpretation is that because she irks him.  She’s not “his cup of tea” remember?  So no, not because he secretly wants to keep her for himself.  But because he doesn’t think she’s worthy of IJ cheating on.  It’s like him saying, “you can’t be serious.  How could you throw away your marriage for her?”  That’s why he looks exasperated with Jang all the time.  When she took off to chase the man, he looked exasperated when Bong asked him about her shoes.  Notice he didn’t pick them up.  He didn’t bother chasing after her to make sure she was okay.  He only registered concern when Bae mentioned the possibility of a knife.  Just like he registered concern when IJ mentioned she nearly died from her anaphylaxis.  That’s why he gave her (Jang) a warning look when she told him she briefed the mother of the baby who needed a liver transplant.  And she hastily replied, “I wasn’t blunt this time”.  She’s still not on his “nice” list.  She may be doggedly chasing him but I see no movement from his end.  Why did he notice Jang and MinHa were friends?  Because he observes everyone, not because she’s special.  He notices details.  Just like how he picked up that something was “off” with SHwa with the phone call.  He was just making conversation with MinHa when he mentioned Jang (because he knows her).  He hadn’t met MinHa officially before I don’t think?  The other Ob-Gyn resident was the one to sit in with SH on the Surgery Andrea had with Jang.  For the moment, he tolerates her because he has to.  Their surgeries overlap.  Like this one with the liver transplant.  She’s the only GS resident so she’s the one to tell him about the donor liver (adult).  Andrea will be the one doing the surgery on the baby.  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, starwater0 said:

From my understanding the beginning of the show we have them working at different hospitals.

-jeongwon and junwan— kangwoon medical center

-songhwa— yulje medical center

-seokhyeong— unknown

-ikjun—unknown

Then once Jeongwon took over the VIP ward he recruited everyone to work at Yulje. 

oh thanks! I just remembered Jeong Won and Jun Wan worked in kangwoon university medical center. But I didn’t put that into consideration when I first saw Ik Jun.

• Like 2