[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

The two of them were also in this movie, Beasts Clawing at Straws

Gyeoul played secondary role while Chihong played only a minor role

She was in another drama Queen of Mystery ....

in a similar typecast role chasing the male lead, Kwan Sang Woo.

...she may get the male lead this time....if the writer does not bring Taek back.

14 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Ameera Ali What the hell is he doing with her shoes in that second gif? LOL. Ahh the shoe references are killing me. 

wasn’t he the shoes admirer or I am missing something :D

- he may studying them for his spring shopping :phew:

15871413641587141354.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’m scared of the future episodes because this one made me root for Ik-jun and Song-hwa. I just hope that Hospital Playlist won’t play the same frustrating  game they have in Reply 1988, 1994, and 1997. The characters are mature already—no longer in their teens and early 20s. They’ve gone through so much already. I don’t think they would go for the drama

I want to see how an adult relationship develops, or how it will progress in the current possible ships:

1. Long-distance relationship (Ik-sun/Jun-wan)

2. First-timers  (Jeong-won/Gyeo-ul)
- This is especially interesting because it’s gonna be a first time for both of them. It will be nice, cute, and awkward.

3.  Sunbae/hoobae opposites (Seok-hyeong/Min-ha)

- I can’t wait for when Shyeong’s mom would be part of the picture. 

4. Second-time romance, bestfriends to lovers transition + Integration into an already established family (Ik-jun/Song-hwa)

- This would be the most heart-wrenching to watch because it makes you think of all the what ifs and what could’ve beens. I really hope that revealing Ik-jun’s story and untold confession is a sign that this would be different from Reply 1988.

(I’ve rewatched the fourth episode, and I wonder if Song-hwa really didn’t approach Ik-jun after Jun-wan told her. And if Ik-jun’s ex told him something else)

- Also Song-hwa and U-ju together... It’s so cute :)

Captain Ahn/Song-hwa would be a nice sunbae-hoobae relationship as well but the current episodes don’t seem to point to that happening. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

wasn’t he the shoes admirer or I am missing something :D- he may studying them for his spring shopping 

Didn't they reveal that captain Ahn was the one who gave her the shoes? Ofcourse we still don't know where she got the original shoes from that she still used until it wore down completely. 

Maybe Ik Jun is just jealous that Captain Ahn bought her the shoes in that second gif. LOL. He is so cute. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Just now, kokodus said:

Didn't they reveal that captain Ahn was the one who gave her the shoes? Ofcourse we still don't know where she got the original shoes from that she still used until it wore down completely. 

Maybe Ik Jun is just jealous that Captain Ahn bought her the shoes in that second gif. LOL. He is so cute. 

Accordin to the second episode, Song-hwa wears the shoes so often and rarely wears anything else. However, for the past episodes, she seems to be wearing those shoes less and less often...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, midflight said:

However, for the past episodes, she seems to be wearing those shoes less and less often...

Hmmm interesting. I didn't notice that. My take is that she didn't want to lead on Captain Ahn and give him hope. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Woww she totally checked if Ik Jun was there, didn't she?!?! Her eyes darted back to the direction where he was sitting. Wowww amazing. 

ikrrr..

Looking at these small things, i’m actually curious how the PD briefed the actors, did they knew their crush respectively from beginning? did the PD told them like “hey, ikjun, your crush is Songhwa! So act like that but don’t be obvious! We will only reveal that on ep.6!”

lol

• LOL 5

28 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Woww she totally checked if Ik Jun was there, didn't she?!?! Her eyes darted back to the direction where he was sitting. Wowww amazing. 

Damn. This one succeeded in making me think again who Song Hwa’s first crush :huh:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, loveiskim said:

ikrrr..

Looking at these small things, i’m actually curious how the PD briefed the actors, did they knew their crush respectively from beginning? did the PD told them like “hey, ikjun, your crush is Songhwa! So act like that but don’t be obvious! We will only reveal that on ep.6!”

lol

I heard that during R88 none of the cast knew who the endgame was until the 18th ep. The script must be pretty elaborate then detailing each look and smile and other small actions. For hospital playlist though, we have all experienced actors, so I'm guessing that everyone knows who the endgame is. Some of the Jo Jung Seok fans here noted that he was the first to be casted and he was the one who recommended Jeon Mi Do to the script writer and PD. Everything makes sense now. But it's not over yet. They must have planned some more surprises for us in the coming eps. Hehe. 

@Kaizen68 Ikr?!? Now I'm even doubting Jeong won to be her first crush. This writer is giving me trust issues. Lol. Maybe the answer is simple and we are just breaking our heads over nothing at all. For now I'm rooting for Ik Jun, the fact that he came to the hospital after pulling an all nighter speaks a lot about where his priorities are. I don't want him to get heartbroken, he is the cheerful one in the group, if he goes down the entire group dynamic will change. I want him to be happy. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I wouldn't say the ship has sunk... I would say that the ship is still at port and they're still loading the equipment and setting up the rigging. ;)

And yes, he certainly did a couple of unnecessary things. He didn't have to ask... and he didn't have to text. Afterall Ik-jun stressed that she was getting better.

If this ship never sails... you and I should be writing fanfics... Social isolation and travel bans should be in place for a while.

I'm happy to collaborate too.

OoooOOoO I'm very down for fanfics lol even when they ended up as a ship, more happy/go-lucky follow-up fanfics should do it too ^_^ Off topic but I've been obsessed with reading so many of fanfics of the Chinese Drama Under the Power lately lol so I'd love to collab for a fanfic when there's a chance!!! hehehh

Back to JunWan being a potential as SongHwa's crush back then, I could see it now.... After a rewatch of episode 6, this scene caught my attention again:

Screen-Shot-2020-04-17-at-12-02-01-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-04-17-at-12-02-15-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-04-17-at-12-02-08-PM.pn

'Wait, you knew' could imply about him knowing who's the crush that made her reject SeokHyeong... could be just about him knowing SeokHyeong crushing on her... who knows :rolleyes: and if Ik Jun was her crush back then, she wouldn't be able to ask him about it so comfortably... So I can see the potential now!! But then during all the flashbacks, I still couldnt pick up on where her attention was on JunWan though...

I forgot to mention about the character development of our cutie pie SeokHyeong for this episode from the last episode. It was such a heartwarming character development from him :wub: He seems more...

• content, heartful 
  • letting go of the hatred of his dad and the mistress and openly talking about it with others where before others may have to tiptoe such topics around him,
  • actually willing to mingle/eat together with his staff (opposed to him eating alone, playing along in previous episodes),
  • very empathetic and gentle with his patients (I know he's been good at his job, but he's also shown to become more and more gentle with his patients too; could be what made Min-Ha slowly falling so hard for him),
  • interacting/talking more within the OT5 - that savage burn of describing how JunWan and IkJun used to look like :lol:
  • smiling much more!! and actually paying attention to people around him

SOOOO heartwarming and adorable to witness <3 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

9 hours ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

OoooOOoO I'm very down for fanfics lol even when they ended up as a ship, more happy/go-lucky follow-up fanfics should do it too ^_^ Off topic but I've been obsessed with reading so many of fanfics of the Chinese Drama Under the Power lately lol so I'd love to collab for a fanfic when there's a chance!!! hehehh

Back to JunWan being a potential as SongHwa's crush back then, I could see it now.... After a rewatch of episode 6, this scene caught my attention again:

'Wait, you knew' could imply about him knowing who's the crush that made her reject SeokHyeong... could be just about him knowing SeokHyeong crushing on her... who knows :rolleyes: and if Ik Jun was her crush back then, she wouldn't be able to ask him about it so comfortably... So I can see the potential now!! But then during all the flashbacks, I still couldnt pick up on where her attention was on JunWan though...

A bit of mental gymnastics to derive that that scene had anything to do with Jun-Wan in any context.

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • LOL 2

G3n4tuT.jpguy1jTSF.jpg

Cr: screencaps from estelle-sim (tumblr) gifset.

Jeong won is warm with everyone except Gyeo wool. In this scene, he's talking to Min Ah, whom he never met kindly with a smile. So the writers want me to believe that his behaviour towards Dr Jang means absolutely nothing. Why show us his subtle reactions like here but also in episode 5, where he looks worried. Anyway, for now, I'm gonna take Min Ah's advice and say there is nothing. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Appreciation post for Seokhyeong here :wub:

I believe he started to like Song Hwa later than Ik Jun, but this shy and quiet boy managed to take courage and confessed to Song Hwa first!

ezgif-4-91b36e667ca6.gif

You did well, Seokhyeong-ah :wub: And you stare at her like that even after being rejected? :”) 

ezgif-4-c997a9cc0cd8.gif

i also curious about this, in the Funeral, both Shwa & Shyeong said the reason she rejected him was because She liked someone else. But why that statement actually didn’t shown in the flashback?

ezgif-4-7c83266bf163.gif

haha yeah, watching this drama make me questioning all things. Even a cat passing by could prolly make me suspicious :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1