[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, maggiee said:

I like IkSun, but I don't think she likes JunWan as a man. I think she likes him as an Oppa, like her Oppa, Ikjun. And like some of you, I don't see this couple will last. As Ikjun said before, JunWan relationship was never longer than 3 months. And I don't see JunWan treats her differently than his ex girlfriends. I mean, if he really likes her in a serious way, he should take more time to make her see his feeling. But maybe it will not happen for JunWan character hehe. 

And as JungWon said, he is been single for too long. haish.

I have same thinking with you while at this time, Ik Sun may have no special feeling to Jun Wan except the brotherhood. And I'm curious about her answer to his dating proposal. I dont thinks that she denies him directly or gives him a positive answer, maybe she ask him to give her more time to think about that??? (In the preview, I saw that Jun Wan, he's impatient to wait a phone call/msg and curious about Ik Sun's feeling toward Dr Chi Hong??)

But Jun Wan, I think he's serious for this relationship even that he took not much time to express his feeling to her. Why? Because he is a tsundere, the Thanos of cardiothoracic dept famous for his rudeness, I mean, he talk exactly what he thought even it's rude without caring others' feeling. So it's not much strange while he confessed his feeling so fast. Further, Ik Sun is different from his previous one, no? She's healthy and discipline and goofy :)) a kind of person who can cheer up his boring life. And I think that's reason why he was much impressive on her and started to pay attention on her. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, standingtallyy said:

As long as our loveable and goofy Dr Ikjung likes her and wants her around in and out of the theatre (OR) I’m cool with that...who knows she might be his end game and not her crush PS Dr. AJW...

This is something that I appreciate from the show too. I honestly would like to see how Jungwon - Dr Jang story line will eventually unfold, but I'm currently enjoying the surgeon - resident dynamics between Ikjun and Dr Jang. For instance, in the latest episode, after completing the first surgery, he acknowledge everyone's effort and mentioned "Gyeoul-ah, you've worked hard" right before going out of the operation theater. I feel like the show purposely (or not) wanted to show the contrast on how he's being treated by Ikjun and Jungwon. And I remember in her character description, it was stated that she hopes to be called "Gyeoul-ah" by Jungwon too. Not sure if Jungwon is ever gonna call her that, but at least we know Ikjun will always got her back haha. As for now, I don't see Ikjun - Dr Jang going the romantic route, but I am enjoying their scenes together. I appreciate how Ikjun always sees the good in her and how she's more comfortable and expressive around him (in contrast to how stiff and awkward she is around Jungwon).

As for Jungwon, I believe he has his own reasons on why he's acting that way towards Dr. Jang, but I am lazy to speculate why and I think they will all be revealed later in the show. It just doesn't make sense to me for Jungwon to be acting so cold towards her for no clear reason. I'm just going to wait for the writer/PD to unveil all that to us later in the show :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Another thread explaining why Jungwon didn’t compliment Gyeoul for chasing after the abusive father. 

I want things between her and Jungwon to work out, but as a doctor, grand gestures don’t mean much if it’s not done efficiently. It may seem impressive to the audience, but from another doctor’s perspective it’d be different.

She also tends to doze off when she’s being instructed to do something. I just remember the case with the mom & her kid (the one where she got scolded by Jungwon for her behavior towards the mom) from Episode 2, she seemed a bit distracted when Dr. Bong was talking to her.

HP Ep. 5 fanart! :wub:

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

P.s Should change title Hospital Playlist to Hospital Ship :joy:

Wasn't there already a drama called Hospital ship? It had Ha Ji won and some cute kpop guy as the lead if I remember correctly. LOL. But yeah that title suits this show better. 

• LOL 6

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

9. Lee Ik Jun/ Jang Gyeo ul

i vote for this! :D haha i find that they click very well.. although Ik Jun clicks with almost everyone but, with Dr Jang are like besties.. thats outside of the 5 musketeers league..

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I’m team mom , This one shipping I want to sink 100 % :joy:

i was laughing out loud at this too!! his reply.. his mom’s reaction.. and Director Joo :lol: actually i think he is waiting for ......

Spoiler

Dr Yoon.. lol oops, thats Romantic Doctor haha :phew:

1 hour ago, Senri said:

(In the preview, I saw that Jun Wan, he's impatient to wait a phone call/msg and curious about Ik Sun's feeling toward Dr Chi Hong??)

oh ya! i almost forgot Ik Sun and Chi Hong knew each other in the military.. and she tried to touch up a little before he came by to visit that time when she was warded for some injury right? hmm..

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Senri said:

I have same thinking with you while at this time, Ik Sun may have no special feeling to Jun Wan except the brotherhood. And I'm curious about her answer to his dating proposal. I dont thinks that she denies him directly or gives him a positive answer, maybe she ask him to give her more time to think about that??? (In the preview, I saw that Jun Wan, he's impatient to wait a phone call/msg and curious about Ik Sun's feeling toward Dr Chi Hong??)

But Jun Wan, I think he's serious for this relationship even that he took not much time to express his feeling to her. Why? Because he is a tsundere, the Thanos of cardiothoracic dept famous for his rudeness, I mean, he talk exactly what he thought even it's rude without caring others' feeling. So it's not much strange while he confessed his feeling so fast. Further, Ik Sun is different from his previous one, no? She's healthy and discipline and goofy :)) a kind of person who can cheer up his boring life. And I think that's reason why he was much impressive on her and started to pay attention on her. 

That is why I said "But maybe it will not happen for JunWan character hehe."

I need to see more to be sure about this couple. I can see that Ahn Chi Hong is a real good candidate for Iksun too. He knows her best, as Ahn Chihong said in the preview (if the preview doesn't fool me again or if the subtitles is right haha).

I am totally on Rosa and Jo Jungsu ship :lol:B)

PS: Junwan is so "rude" but he didn't tell SongHwa that her (ex)boyfriend cheated on her right after he saw it. He said, he can't easily say something like that. I think he can't be "rude" at that fact (like SongHwa said before). 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, maggiee said:

I need to see more to be sure about this couple. I can see that Ahn Chi Hong is a real good candidate for Iksun too. He knows her best, as Ahn Chihong said in the preview (if the preview doesn't fool me again or if the subtitles is right haha).

When Captain Ahn was saying that "she is not ready to date yet", I thought he meant Song hwa. LOL. Was he talking about IK sun? It seems like Ik sun left Jun wan hanging without giving him an answer....LOL. This is good too, oppa will do many swoony things like the hand holding in ep 5 to make her fall for him. I'm looking forward to it. 

• Like 5

Another achievement for today.

Jo Jung Suk OST reach #1 Realtime Ichart ranking for 2 hours ( 16:30 and 17:30 KST ) 

Thats amazing for a Cover song and not your usual ost singer. 

Aloha and jo jung suk voice mesh so well and we got our new chart overlord. Just wait until it climb melon slowly into top 3. The other chart already conquered #1,#1,#2,#4. 

The rise itself for Aloha is already amazing. 

Debut at 15 and slowly but surely climb the chart even with many new releases and now at #7 and doesnt seem to stopping. I predict top 5 melon by the end of the week.

• Love 3
  • Awesome 2

I thought this was going to be a JWan episode but there was so little of him...

Anyhow, I'm surprised to find the actress playing IS is the same who played SMA in VIP. The vibe is so naturally different! Great job!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

How about Audrey Hepburn and the blue tshirt uncle... idk his name :joy: That mafia game hilarious!! They can go double dating & play the game again.

Is he not married?? I don't know anything about him except that he is Jun Wan's teacher. I don't even know his name. LOL. Someone confirm me that he is not married, I'll add him to the list. We don't want to promote any affair relationship. LOLOL. 

Audrey Hepburn is not divorced yet too, but we will assume that eventually she will get divorced atleast by the end of this season. 

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, dairymilks said:

Another thread explaining why Jungwon didn’t compliment Gyeoul for chasing after the abusive father. 

I disagree with the assessment in the IG post and yes I had actually gone to rewatch the scenes. 

Jang was not dazing off when asked to call the police but the corner of her eyes caught sight of the father noticing them talking about calling the police. Somebody has to detain him before the police arrives since he was actively trying to run. It is also not evident, in this case, that Bae was quick-witted to call the police. For all we know, she could’ve been requested to call the police after the chase ensued. There was no pressure/urgency of trying to stop the father from getting away, so of course she could go call the police with ease. 

The abusive father was caught successfully because of teamwork. I don’t expect Jwon to praise Jang, but he could have at least thanked her for going after the escaping father. It was quite unfair he made it a point to appreciate the others but specifically not say anything to Jang. But since no hatred is needed for our saint doctor, some of us suspect there is more to his attitude towards her ;) 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Hello everyone, new to this thread can't help but join everybody analysis love reading them all

this drama is on point to describe daily life in hospital, totally can relate to the story.

I'm agree with no pairing between the five (though at first I'm shipping jongwoon-songhwa or junwan-songhwa), and actually still guessing and surprise with how the story lead us to, so many question but I'll try to be patient leaving to the writer to unfold the story

anyway I have some question, correct me if I'm wrong isn't jongwon actually live with junwan in his apartement? so how come junwan has a room in ikjun house? 

and I think that iksun probably confuse between junwan and dr ahn for now, last episode iksun count how many times junwan came to see her, despite she's being concern about her appearance before dr ahn come to see her? 

can't hardly wait for next eps, a week is abit too long :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, izzri said:

isn't jongwon actually live with junwan in his apartement? so how come junwan has a room in ikjun house? 

Jwan’s place (bathroom) is being renovated. So both of them staying at Ik-jun’s place for the time being. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Jang was not dazing off when asked to call the police but the corner of her eyes caught sight of the father noticing them talking about calling the police. Somebody has to detain him before the police arrives since he was actively trying to run. It is also not evident, in this case, that Bae was quick-witted to call the police. For all we know, she could’ve been requested to call the police after the chase ensued.

The barefoot chase was dangerous, stupid and childish ....more reflective of lack of better  judgement. It could have resulted in more injuries to herself, and others... in a very crowded corridor. It endangered other patients..., a medical no-no.

It was Dr Jang's subtle attempt at getting noticed/attention ...especially by Jeong-Won, who is more concerned at serving people...which easily explains his desire to enter  the priesthood.

Given that....I will eat my shorts if Dr Jang earned Jeong-Won's fancy... by her display of another poor judgement.   ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

hello guys! its so fun to read all of you discuss about this drama.

anyway im curious about relationship between jong wan and songhwa because they never really do 1-1 screen. they only talk each other 1-1 thru phone call in ep 1 when he ask a favor to songhwa. anyway, i wanna ask (i guess miss a thing). what favor he ask to songhwa? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hayley9x said:

hello guys! its so fun to read all of you discuss about this drama.

anyway im curious about relationship between jong wan and songhwa because they never really do 1-1 screen. they only talk each other 1-1 thru phone call in ep 1 when he ask a favor to songhwa. anyway, i wanna ask (i guess miss a thing). what favor he ask to songhwa? 

I think he was going to ask Song hwa to take over the Daddy long legs program because he was going to go and study about priesthood. But then the plan didn't work out because of his father's death. That's my guess....

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2