[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, dairymilks said:

Based on the descriptions, we get a closer look at their dynamics and personalities. Like how Junwan and Ikjun described each other as idiots, or how Seokhyung just described everyone as his friends.

Jun Wan and Ik Jun discribing each other as idiots made me laugh. That it telling me that they are very close and know each other very well.  They make me laugh so much on the drama as well. :lol:

406590_277830_3523.jpg

http://www.intronews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=406590

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snowlou said:

Thanks for answering my questions :)!

I thought JWan attending the wedding couldn't be just for food either (and plus he had to wear that dreadful silver suit that looked too big for him :D). But I found it wasn't clear as to why that action was considered caring (don't think he was invited - ohhh...then he would be a wedding crasher LOL).

So the new shoes were from Capt An. And so SHwa finally changed her 10-year-old shoes (which she was unwilling to do beforehand) into the new shoes. Maybe...maybe..there is some stories behind the old shoes and the giver..as you said.

Hopefully some ppl here with medical background can give some more insights into the thumbs checking routine. It's just interesting as I could only spot JWan doing it but not the others like SHwa or IJ. I wonder whether that 'routine' has something to do with cardio thoracic side of thing.

Is it just me or do you guys can't tell that SongHwa has used the new shoes too? Because I didn't see that they showed the new shoes already worn by SongHwa.  #CMIIW

I like the interaction of Ikjun and Jungwan. They call each other as "idiot" hahaha. And Jungwon is the richest hahaha.

Tomorrow is Thursday, so yeaay. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ibelieveee said:

I'm intrigued too. JMD didn't just refer to Ik Jun as a "friend" to Song Hwa. She used "절친" instead. Best friend? Hmm. JJS considered Song Hwa as Ik Jun's mental & emotional anchor. Hmm. We haven't seen or heard a lot from these two, really. I want to get know the core 5 a little bit more. I feel like the PD's still keeping a lot from us. :)

I'm very much intrigued too. I thought the "best friend" of song hwa suits Jun wan more than Ik Jun. Song hwa and Jun wan are the ones always seen together. I would expect Ik Jun to be described as a "cool person" or something like that by song hwa. LOL. I want Song hwa and IK Jun's relationship to be explored more. There is definitely something more there than it meets the eyes. Can't wait for the next eps. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, maggiee said:

Is it just me or do you guys can't tell that SongHwa has used the new shoes too? Because I didn't see that they showed the new shoes already worn by SongHwa.  #CMIIW

I can't either - and honestly at first I thought Capt An was referring to the 10-year-old shoes:sweatingbullets:

:rolleyes:wishing whatever some ppl here said are true - that there might be 'something' between SHwa and IJ based on how they described each other :w00t: (I'll need to learn how to quote multiple sources in one post)

28 minutes ago, snowlou said:

I can't either - and honestly at first I thought Capt An was referring to the 10-year-old shoes:sweatingbullets:

:rolleyes:wishing whatever some ppl here said are true - that there might be 'something' between SHwa and IJ based on how they described each other :w00t: (I'll need to learn how to quote multiple sources in one post)

At the end of ep 3 when Captain Ahn came to the camp site, the shoes she had looked new. But we didn't see the sight of her shoes in the 4th ep. That's also because we didn't see much of song hwa in 4th ep actually except for the church dance scene. Hahaha. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kokodus said:

@dairymilks

This is probably what the cast thinks... hahahaha. actually it's quiet confusing..... @im0202 Can you translate this please? 

Hahaha I’m actually in the midst of subbing this interview... There’re so many lines in this video so it’s tiring to time all the lines:sweatingbullets: 

I’ll be uploading the video tomorrow morning!

In the meantime to answer @dairymilks and @kokodus, I think they’re answering from their characters’ PoV because on the video it is captioned for example “What is JunWan to SongHwa?” Then she answers “Someone who speaks bluntly”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:21 PM, ck1Oz said:

@Day I haven't paid much attention to see who has blamed her aka Dr Jang  I am speaking generally now. This is a hospital drama.

A child who comes in from a fall especially an unwitnessed fall gets something called  a head to toe examination. If it's a bad fall then there is something called a primary survey before it.

Anyway a head to toe is literally a head to toe. Are you ok? Does your head hurt? Then examine the part. A child is usually an unrealiable historian especially if you're inexperienced in assessment. An unwitnessed fall from a child with a right arm pain ( distracting injury ) and chest pain ( palpated ) but not exposed is a bad medical examination. And emergency doctors- not her obviously- but anyone dealing with paediatric patients always have to exclude non- accidental injuries. If you think everyone thinks all parents or carers are " safe and innocent" they haven't been working long enough.

Now that's why Dr Jang is a bad doctor. No one orders a chest x-ray without looking, auscultating and palpating. Basic, basic assessment. More focused examination in the context of unwitnessed fall, chest pain especially lower chest region- should exclude liver injuries.

That is Dr Romantic 2 level. Then there is the usual Kdrama level- no one ever strips the patients. Never. Lol. This was easy compared to what I have been reading all week about something else.

That's why Dr Jang was negligent. No one does a secondary survey especially with chest pain without exposure. Put that on with lack of empathy it compounds the problem. And actually for a surgical trainee she is not aggressive enough. Surgeons are arrogant about their skills normally. General surgeons are to a certain extent but you hardly ever get a quiet general surgeon. You won't survive and will be eaten alive.

And also she is not a junior resident and should know better. Since she would be teaching juniors. Her speed walking, working etc is slow. Picking maggots? Pfft. It's not as they wouldn't have read about it. And oh yes just for reference- submerge the whole leg in a bucket of water and the maggots will float off. Then get to actually examining the leg. Have I grossed you guys out? Sorry.

Even interns- well real life ones not Kdrama ones- would have done better than Dr Jang. I mean the majority of new interns. Definitely not Kdrama interns. Hahaha. 

Bye guys. I just came for spoilers. Going back to my sci fiction book now. @Day sorry. I am a hard taskmaster and don't take sloppiness well.

I agree with you. Surgery is not for faint hearted or slow poke people. My sister is a surgeon, and she told us from the very beginning how it is a warzone for them especially for female surgeons (In real life there is really discrimination for female surgeons, that’s why mostly men are surgeons) You have to be tough to be in the surgery department. That’s why I wasn’t impressed with Dr. Jang’s performance as a doctor as well, her representation is just to out of reality for me (I get that it’s a drama) but anyways hopefully her character would grow.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Hahaha I’m actually in the midst of subbing this interview... There’re so many lines in this video so it’s tiring to time all the lines:sweatingbullets: 

I’ll be uploading the video tomorrow morning!

In the meantime to answer @dairymilks and @kokodus, I think they’re answering from their characters’ PoV because on the video it is captioned for example “What is JunWan to SongHwa?” Then she answers “Someone who speaks bluntly”

Take your time @im0202. It looked like Ik Jun let out a spoiler in the beginning and everyone was trying to shush him. Hahaha. This gang is so funny and adorable. 

About the character posters, even if they answered as their character, I don't know whether i should take it seriously. LOL. By the looks of it, they are fooling around, with Ikjun and Jun wan calling each other idiots and Seok hyung giving the same answer for everyone "friend".... Hahahaha. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Take your time @im0202. It looked like Ik Jun let out a spoiler in the beginning and everyone was trying to shush him. Hahaha. This gang is so funny and adorable. 

About the character posters, even if they answered as their character, I don't know whether i should take it seriously. LOL. By the looks of it, they are fooling around, with Ikjun and Jun wan calling each other idiots and Seok hyung giving the same answer for everyone "friend".... Hahahaha. 

Hahaha I actually don't see it as JJS was gonna give a spoiler... More like he was shooting his mouth about maybe giving 'live' performances and the rest of them probably don't wanna be dragged into it :joy:

I agree I think they were just fooling around a bit with their answers, though most were quite in character! Especially KDM's 'FRIEND x4' answers (I can imagine his character SH talking like that - emotionless but witty) and the 'idiot' answers by JJS and JKH. The real/character lines are quite blurred with these two LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hi all! I finished binge watching the 4 episodes. Love the drama and unknowingly I actually went back to rewatch some scenes as I read recaps and seemed to have missed some details.

I read that many here are speculating love lines between SH with one of the guys. As for me, let there be no love lines at all, ever, between her and any of the 4 guys. It is just going to disrupt the gang dynamics. I really enjoyed their decades friendship and hope they will remain so for more decades to come. There are plenty other men and women out there for them to choose from. Anyway, I am totally fine if there is no romance in this drama and that it's just about their friendships, but hey, how boring life will be without some romantic love, right? :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Hahaha I actually don't see it as JJS was gonna give a spoiler... More like he was shooting his mouth about maybe giving 'live' performances and the rest of them probably don't wanna be dragged into it :joy:

I agree I think they were just fooling around a bit with their answers, though most were quite in character! Especially KDM's 'FRIEND x4' answers (I can imagine his character SH talking like that - emotionless but witty) and the 'idiot' answers by JJS and JKH. The real/character lines are quite blurred with these two LOL.

Hahahahaha why Jo jung seok is so much like his character Ik Jun. Always the first one to say yes to a performance. Actually yes now that he has put this idea into my mind, I would very much like to see a live performance of the Mi do and Parasol band. Where can I book the tickets? 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Actually yes now that he has put this idea into my mind, I would very much like to see a live performance of the Mi do and Parasol band. Where can I book the tickets? 

JJS feels like a 90% Ik-Jun lol. He really gives off a class clown vibe. I’ve been watching him on variety shows and he’s so funny without trying too hard. JKH also does quite a bit of grumbling/whining in interviews and behind the scenes which is similar to his character in the drama too. I think only JMD is quite different with her character.

I wouldn’t mind a live performance too!! That would be really cool.

As for the tickets, gotta wait till the virus goes away:bawling:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, snowlou said:

Questions: (apologise first if they're already answered in previous posts)

1. Why would JWan went to his patient's daughter's wedding? Did the show try to portray that he was caring or he really went there just for food? I couldn't remember the details but all I could remember ..the daughter said that he went there just to have dinner.

3. From medical point of view, what's the significance of checking the two thumbs before surgery? JWan did this before his surgery and I'm interested in knowing why :D

Not in cardiothoracic surgery field, this is my educated guess :D

1) It's a common gesture by physicians to attend their patients' milestone, significant events, weddings, funeral etc...  In this case, JWan attended the patient's dtr wedding in place of the man since he scheduled the emergency surgery forcing him to miss the event.  He's a tough cookie with a softie heart.

2) I believe JWan was checking for perfusion of the fingers to see the patency of the radial artery which is a major artery in the forearm, supplying blood to the hand and arm.  Usually in coronary artery bypass where the coronary blood vessel is obstructed, surgeons make a stent (attaching another artery around the clot) to restore blood flow.  Think of it as taking a detour on the surface street when there is an accident on the highway.  Often surgeons use saphenous veins from the legs or internal thoracic artery to make this bridge.  Radial artery on the arm is the third back up.  JWan was checking to see if the patient's radial artery is good by seeing if his thumbs are fully profused. 

• Insightful 1

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/kim-hee-ae-the-world-of-the-married-tops-content-power-index/

Weekly Content Power Index

By Lilly | April 8, 2020

Content Power Index for March 30 to April 5

1. jTBC’s The World Of The Married (332.2 points)

2. tvN’s Thursday Special Hospital Playlist (264.4 points)

3. MBC’s Radio Star (230.7 points)

4. MBC’s I Live Alone (227.5 points)

5. SBS’ Running Man (226.3 points)

6. KBS 2 TV’s The Return of Superman (223.7 points)
7. KBS 2 TV’s weekend drama Once Again (218.1 points)

8. MBC drama Find Me In Your Memory (216.6 points)

9.  jTBC’s variety program Knowing Brothers (216.3 points)

10. TV Chosun show Call Center Of Love (216.2 points).

The Content Power Index is a model jointly  developed by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea which measures the content impact of television programs across various channels on the basis of consumer behaviour.

Source: Star 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

Hahahahaha why Jo jung seok is so much like his character Ik Jun. Always the first one to say yes to a performance. Actually yes now that he has put this idea into my mind, I would very much like to see a live performance of the Mi do and Parasol band. Where can I book the tickets? 

:rolleyes:what an awesome idea! It's just like F4 (from Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden). They formed that singing group since the 4 of them starred in the drama together. @im0202Maybe Mi Do Parasol can do online performance for now..so no need tickets and no need to be afraid of this covid thing :D

7 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Not in cardiothoracic surgery field, this is my educated guess :D

1) It's a common gesture by physicians to attend their patients' milestone, significant events, weddings, funeral etc...  In this case, JWan attended the patient's dtr wedding in place of the man since he scheduled the emergency surgery forcing him to miss the event.  He's a tough cookie with a softie heart.

2) I believe JWan was checking for perfusion of the fingers to see the patency of the radial artery which is a major artery in the forearm, supplying blood to the hand and arm.  Usually in coronary artery bypass where the coronary blood vessel is obstructed, surgeons make a stent (attaching another artery around the clot) to restore blood flow.  Think of it as taking a detour on the surface street when there is an accident on the highway.  Often surgeons use saphenous veins from the legs or internal thoracic artery to make this bridge.  Radial artery on the arm is the third back up.  JWan was checking to see if the patient's radial artery is good by seeing if his thumbs are fully profused. 

Thanks @bedifferent ! So is it like the surgeon will compare his own thumbs' profusion with the patients' to see whether the artery is good to use? Ignore my question if it gets too technical LOL but I'm curious that way:P

@snowlou sorry, i misunderstood your question.  Were you wondering why JWan checks his thumbs with his surgical headlight?

I think he was just checking his light to make sure it illuminates his field correctly.  Like the light is centered and he can control the light to where he needs to be.  Once he suits up, he’s not going to be able to adjust his headset.  BTW, Surgeons have personal preference on the color of the light that illuminates his field.  Some prefer true white LED light as you can see the natural appearance and color of the tissue and organs.  You can see the different tissues better.  JWan probably also adjust the size of the field he wants to direct the light as well as how bright he wants it illuminates.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 04. 08

"The World of the Married'' tops popular TV drama rankings for 2 weeks in a row

"The World of the Married'' has occupied the entire viewership ratings and the hot level of the dramas aired this week.

According to the statistics of Good Data Corporation (the agency analyzing the popularity of programs on TV), the drama "The World of the Married" (JTBC) has occupied the No. 1 position for two weeks in a row on the popular TV drama rankings. This survey is obtained by the analysis of netizens' responses on articles, blogs/online communities, videos, SNS towards 24 TV dramas being broadcast or expected to be aired from March 30 until April 5, 2020.

Spoiler

Centered on Naver Cafe, "The World of the Married" has received great attention and attracted many loyal viewers thanks to the dramatic plot. The actors acting in the drama named themselves in the Top 10 hot topics such as Kim Hee Ae (No. 1), Han So Hee (No. 2), Park Hae Joon (No. 6) and notably, the audience also lavishly praised Kim Hee Ae's acting ability.

On the other hand, with the weekly virality increasing by 26.75%, "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) broke its own record for 2 weeks in a row. Kwak Sun Young received explosive reactions thanks to her genuine acting. Meanwhile, netizens have shown interest in the developments that seem to be revealing the budding love story between Jung Kyung Ho and Kwak Sun Young. Besides, Jo Jung Suk also appeared in 10th place on the popular actor rankings.

Spoiler

After a week off from broadcast, "Hi Bye, Mama!" (tvN) dropped one rank and came in third place with a drop of interest of 28.39% compared to the previous week. The drama's preview video of episode 13 became a hot topic after it was released, but the viewers showed negative reactions to the story revealed in advance. However, character Cha Yu Ri played by Kim Tae Hee received sympathy, along with that, the actress occupied 3rd place on the most popular actor rankings.

5786A303-C720-4737-9E4B-EBB4C9842B54.jpg

CE33D517-FD8C-43B8-B531-BCE923C8E198.jpg

Landing at No. 4 on the drama ranking is "Hyena" (SBS). The film has got an increase of 4.12% in popularity level compared to the previous week. The drama received numerous positive reviews from netizens thanks to the portrayal of a zealous and unique female character. However, a part of viewers still expressed regret because the script lets Joo Ji Hoon's character focus more on romantic details. On the popularity rankings of drama actors, Kim Hye Soo ranked fourth, and Joo Ji Hoon ranked eighth.

5th place belonged to "Find Me in Your Memory" (MBC). The drama broke its own highest score as its popularity increased by 63.19% compared to the previous week. The audience showed interesting compliments to the work such as quick deployment, highly engaging storyline, etc. Besides, Moon Ga Young also received positive reviews such as "Good acting and cute character." Moon Ga Young and Kim Dong Wook took 5th and 7th place, respectively, on the popular actor rankings.

With the popularity level dropping by 5.95% compared to the last week, the drama "A Piece Of Your Mind" (tvN) stayed at No.6. The film continuously received negative reactions from the audience as they mentioned that the viewership ratings prove that it is not as hot as before and the plot isn't touching enough. On the popularity rankings of drama actors, Jung Hae In landed at No. 9.

No.7 to No.10, in turn, went to "When the Weather Is Fine" (JTBC, an increase of 1.91% in popularity level compared to last week), "Once Again" (KBS 2TV, a drop of 6.67% in popularity level compared last week), "365: Repeat the Year" (MBC, a decline of 42.48% in popularity compared last week) and "The King: The Eternal Monarch" (SBS) that is about to go on air. 

Reporter Cho Yeon Gyeong cho.yeongyeong@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 1