[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Hospital Playlist Special Throwback Episode 11

The first meeting of 99z as known as Dinosaur Ridge (referring to the group chat name that they use in the drama)

Summary of the scenes (while waiting for the sub to be uploaded)

- We've seen that 99z are quite close in the making scenes, laughing together and have fun all the time. But... their first meeting isn't like that...

- JMD arrived first and practicing alone while waiting for others. August 17 2019 was the first script reading between the main characters. YYS soon arrived and they talked about how YYS mentioned her to Shin PD. She was thankful to him because his words played a big part in the production team decided to cast her. YYS said JJS too would do the same.

- Not long, KDM arrived and YYS left for his individual meeting with the production team. He and JMD talked about their experiences practicing with their own musical instruments. Soon, JKH also came to join them. The three of them were quite shy and awkward since it's their first time meeting with each other. Mostly they only talked about small conversation and ended with silence all over again. Several topics that they had small talks about, their dinner plan after the reading rehearsal, their hospital visit experience (to observe and practice), their progress in practicing for the band performance (At this time we're shown each members practicing for song 'Introduce Me to a Good Person), their wishes for the drama to do well and have a good work atmosphere. 

- JKH and KDM have watched JMD's musical performance (JKH Maybe Happy Ending, KDM MD's debut musical Mr. Mouse) 

- At last, JJS came and the atmosphere has turned to become brighter with his cheerful greetings. Soon they start to get ready for the reading rehearsal.

That's how the five of us became friends.

----------

This video is about 26 mins long and have become one of my favorites among the other special episodes that Shin PD has released for the past few months.

:heart4:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks @alleram95 for the summary, cannot wait for the sub. Me too this is my favorite episode :wub: (not just because of lacking 5 moments, but lots of “iksong” crumbs there) 

i can’t help but laugh so hard watching Mido, KDM and JKH in silence for 5 minutes. The whole time i pray for Jungseok to come early and save them or YYS to finish his meeting soon :lol:

and it’s cute when Shin PD compare how good friends are having unexpected meeting between 20s vs 40s, GKP and RHY in R88 vs JJS and KDM. Remember i also cannot stop smile and excited watching their first meeting GKP’s face is turning red when he knew (his good friend) RHY will be his (love) partner. 

Mido once said when they did live band that JJS is real Ikjun when they meeting for the first time, he’s really bring up the mood and so cheerful makes everyone comfortable.

now they’re all really become good friends for real, cannot wait for season 2, hopefully there will be no delay due to this pandemic as some drama has to delay to next year (ex: Love Alarm, etc)

• Like 2

Just noticed Ikjun and Jeongwon eye contact in Eps 3, when Ikjun said he wants to meet Jang Gyeoul. Noticed that Junwan is watching Jeongwon's face closely too. Did he suspect something? Is that why he talked about that affair business out of the blue?

dYfxlhw.gif

And Jeongwon's face afterward..

nSKPzqG.gif

This reminds me of Seokhyeong face in Eps 9, when he heard Minha will eat tteokbokki with Ikjun ;;^^

Cheering for our Gomgom couple too!

Edited by shawolynn
Forgive me.. Since english is not my primary language, I might make mistakes in conveying my thoughts, and may need to edit my post to make my points clearer..
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Random midnight thoughts after watching that last 13 minutes of Eps 12, or to be exact this scene right here:

D0idEQd.jpg

So.. because I'm curious, I googled about reasons why men cups a woman's face while kissing her, and found these (I only copied a few that matched well with our newbie WG):

1. Romantic

The most cause of this act is absolutely because your man is type of romantic person. He wants you only for him self.

This is why he cups your face and feel that he can own you fully without anyone can share it with him. Therefore, if you’re both in a relationship, then this act might be a good sign on he’s romance and way to express it all.

2. Protecting

When a man cups your face while kissing you, it also can mean that he is super protective with you. He wants to make sure that you feel safe while you are close with him.

He also make sure that you are under his reach, in case of anything happen to you. It can said as one of a romantic expression. it also can say as an act to show how much he feel masculine if he able to do this to you. Overall, it means positive.

3. Serious Relationship

If you both under a middle of awkward situation where no one step further into a clear relationship, this kissing can mean that he wants to be in a serious relationships with you.

Therefore, it might be a sign that this is the right time to declare whether or not both of you include in a relationship. This will be better to discuss together after kissing to make clear about your status.

(Source: https://lovedevani.com/what-does-it-mean-when-he-cups-your-face-while-kissing-you)

While reading the article (especially those 3 points), a line from the classic movie "My Fair Lady" came to mind..

Oh, wouldn't it be loverly? ;;^^

• Love 1

After seeing few casting documentaries on Na PD channel my take are:

1. There will be few new casts for season 2. Seokhyung ex is the next important supporting cast. So gom-gom love triangle will be one of the storyline of this season.

2. Sokcho is in Gangwondo, so I suspect that there will be a brand new neurosergeon team working with Song Hwa's, hence new casts. Her old team in the seoul wont be appearing again.

3. Speaking of Gangwondo, hoping for Ikjun and Iksun parents finally appear. Also Junwan mum. Hoping for a good veteran actors to be casted.

So I don't think they will be 1 year time jump. Just months at best. They featured different hospital (junwan and jeongwon) in season 1, so i don't think it will be hard to feature the story of seokcho branch.

Etiquetar lista de reproducción del hospital 

Revelación

No hablo inglés, así que discúlpeme si la traducción no es correcta: ') 

1. why you decided to see HP?
 I'm a big fan of reply 1988. Then I saw a HP GIF in Tumblr and  the magic happened...

2. favorite character 
Gw. She is a great person. She's a self-confident woman, but not proud; she accepts her mistakes and strives to improve. She is good at her job and she is so innocent and pure. I admire her so much.

3. character you identify with 
Jwan I am a tsundere even though I don't like to accept. what else I can say...?

4. favorite song 
Confession Is Not Flashy because it's the winter garden song ^^

5. Favorite couple of the main cast 
Winter garden (wow surprise).

6.Favorite couple of the secondary cast 
 Ro Sa and Mr. Ju.

7. Which character would you like to play?
Dr. Do, he is great.

8. Favorite micro scene or gesture 
The winter garden kiss is "bad" (YYS is a great actor). JW does not totally kiss GW on her lips. He kisses her on a part of her cheek

9. favorite comic scene 
Aloha, IJ compares vivaldi's music with of the metro station. JWan forgets that IS is leaving.

10. favorite non-romantic duo 
Jwan and Dr Do.

Edited by Eunoiax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tag part 2

11. Favourite phrase
Song Hwa's monologue about the three types of people that exist.

12. scene you cry the most 
All the patient scenes are heartbreaking. This drama is so good. 
~ the mother who loses her bb in the last month and we see the reaction of the other parents. It is a powerful scene.
 The scene when the baby dies and Jwan asks the parents if they can donate the heart.
~ Parents tell their child that they are not ready to see him die

13. would you like to see more cameos ? Who?
Obviously, I wish  to see Sun Woo . But I see it difficult:')

14. unpopular opinion 
I don't sail on the IJ and SW boat. I wanted to see the group of friends as just friends, but the fans are making me change my mind more and more. I'm weak :sweatingbullets:

15. Scene you didn't like ( Not necessarily because you think it's bad )
The elevator scene (SW, IJ and AC) and the car scene (SW and AC). I understand that scene was necessary in the script, but I felt so bad for SW. IJ acted with passive aggressive jealousy marking territory (Not on purpose). Then AC said he would keep the boundaries and then... He did not. I don't hate them  (I love them ). They are human, they are wrong. The drama is great because the characters are very human. But what suffocating scenes!!!!!!!!

16. what song would you like to hear in the S2 ost?
I don't actually listen to Korean music. HP changed that for me, so I'll just take whatever they offer me :heart4:

17. What you don't see in the same way after HP?
My empathy and respect for doctors and family members and patients skyrocketed. Also ^^ is not the same after winter garden.

18. What new character would you like to see in the next season?
I would like a clumsy doctor, But who is very good at operating. I think it would be funny if all the medical staff thought he was a mess with legs, but then he became a very efficient professional in the operating room.

19. preferred theory(s) for next season
•The abusive father will return. 
•SH's wife is a good person and they really get along fine.
•SH is sick.
•Winter garden will be a secret relationship (at the beginning). In my mind the scenario is already complete.
Mini fanfic...

Spoiler

* Confession Is Not Flashy is playing. The camera  is moving peacefully and focus two hands touching each other in the GS room. The angle of the camera changes and we can see JW and GW. he leans forward her. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. A step is heard in the hall and the music stops. They look at the door. Dr. Bong comes in quietly and greets them. They separate like bullets to different parts of the room. JW pretends to fix some papers and Gw she looks without seeing her computer. Dr. Bong tells them about something very casual and fun. They pretend to hear what he says, but we all know they're busy trying not to have a cardiac arrest:joy:

20. what you expect or want to see more of in S2?
 I just want to see my babies be happy. But obviously wintergarden. SH being happy, understanding that he deserves to be happy. JWan x IS showing off to everyone. SW and IJ resolve their relationship.

Questions 

Spoiler

1. why you decided to see HP?
2. favorite character 
3. character you identify with 
4. favorite song 
5. Favorite couple of the main cast 
6.Favorite couple of the secondary cast 
7. Which character would you like to play?
8. Preferred micro scene or gesture 
9. favorite comic scene 
10. favorite non-romantic duo 
11. Favourite phrase
12. scene you cry the most 
13. would you like to see more cameos ? Who?
14. unpopular opinion 
15. Scene you didn't like ( Not necessarily because you think it's bad )
16. what song would you like to hear in the S2 ost?
17. What you don't see in the same way after HP?
18. What new character would you like to see in the next season?
19. preferred theory(s) for next season
20. what you expect or want to see more of in S2?

Edited by Eunoiax
  • Like 2

Jo Jung Seok, Seo Ye Ji, Hospital Playlist top the 2020 Korean Brand Award in the Drama category

Best Drama: Hospital Playlist

Actor of the year:Jo Jung Seok

Rookie actress of the year: Jeon Mi Do

OST of the year: Aloha by Jo Jung Seok

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/09/29/jo-jung-seok-seo-ye-ji-and-hospital-playlist-top-the-2020-korean-brand-awards-in-the-drama-category/

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dramageek said:

After seeing few casting documentaries on Na PD channel my take are:

1. There will be few new casts for season 2. Seokhyung ex is the next important supporting cast. So gom-gom love triangle will be one of the storyline of this season.

2. Sokcho is in Gangwondo, so I suspect that there will be a brand new neurosergeon team working with Song Hwa's, hence new casts. Her old team in the seoul wont be appearing again.

3. Speaking of Gangwondo, hoping for Ikjun and Iksun parents finally appear. Also Junwan mum. Hoping for a good veteran actors to be casted.

So I don't think they will be 1 year time jump. Just months at best. They featured different hospital (junwan and jeongwon) in season 1, so i don't think it will be hard to feature the story of seokcho branch.

Point 2 and 3 seem legit

But right now from those video uploaded so far, only Capt Ahn is confirmed that he will not be appearing in Season 2. The video for Seok Min and Sun Bin doesn’t give a single hint yet such as in Capt Ahn’s video there is a clear indication that his character will not be fixed and only appears in Season 1, unless the production team have not sat down with them to do a simple video on their thoughts.

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

• Wiggle 1

If Jeongwon leaving Pink Run marathon foretelling that he would choose doctorhood over priesthood, could Songhwa setting up her tent only to dismantled it later foretelling that she wouldn't be long in Sokcho? 

NqbL6nk.jpg

During Pink Run, Jeongwon is already prepared to run, but he turn around because he has to save a patient. He also prepared to leave for Italy (he already set departure date and resigned), but he didn't because he wants to keep saving his patients. 

Spoiler

qLclH5L.jpg

Songhwa already finished setting up her tent, sit enjoying the view, but only for a while before Dragon called her back to the hospital. She also finished setting up her apartment in Sokcho and started to work there, but perhaps just like before, she would only stay for a while before she go back to Yulje?

Just my random thoughts coz I wish our lacking 5 could get together as often as possible like in S1..

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1