[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)

All chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!

We have chosen three sageuks:

1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

2) Empress Ki (with Ji Chang Wook)

3) The Moon Embracing the Sun (with Kim Soo Hyun)

All three dramas were big hits back in the day, some even achieving over 40% viewership ratings!

You can join one of the re-watch parties or all of them! It doesn't matter if you have already seen the drama or it's your first time. Everyone is welcome to join!

:piggydance:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon & @Lmangla

• Awesome 1

I am watching hospital playlist casting series on Na PD channel. It's nice to find that my mere speculations about several things turn out to be true. What I find funny and fascinating are that those clips provide proven receipts on how Shinlee planned their story. On their previous reply series, with their signature husband hunt, there were always rumors circulating that Shinlee changed the plot to cater certain fandom. But nope, not this time. Having youtube channel as a platform to explain things are so beneficial, so us as a viewer can really learn the true process of how the story were planned and how Shinlee original vision were.

On other note: props to SHB, she played GU to the tee. She was ment to be missunderstood by certain people. If I remember the amount of hate GU received here and on twitter, than her acting was on point.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hospital Playlist Special Throwback Scenes ep 7

When a moment of judgement comes like a tide, ask Jung Moon Sung

Quick Summary (rough trans)

- Shin and JMS talked about their previous project together (Prison Playbook). They talked that at that time they couldn't enjoy or get closer because JMS joined the drama in the middle of airing and his character at that time was quite heavy and dark and felt like an outcast. JMS's character had to cry in front of many people (in front of his brother, to the mother of his brother's friend and in front of his friend). This time, he will play a bright kind of character, Do Jae Hak.

- June 13 2019. 1st meeting with JMS. During PP, JMS was quite busy juggling between the shooting schedule and his own performance and Shin couldn't build a closer relationship with him. Shin told him how he had this perceptive about JMS because of his previous character in PP. But when he talked with YYS and when JMS's name is mentioned, YYS said JMS is a funny man and JMS admitted it. Shin asked about what kind of person JMS is. JMS says that he enjoys everything when he works or having fun. He'd make many jokes because he dislikes awkward atmosphere. He himself thinks that he is a funny person. In PP, he joined late and couldn't mix with the casts that well. He's not overboard with his actions, but people can feel his funny side when they're talking with him.

- Shin asks JMS what his dating style. JMS says when he was younger, he didn't really know love so he would refer to dramas, movies and especially songs.  He would feel connection with the lyrics and learned about love through it. He likes to make people laugh.

- JMS has done lots of play and musicals for the last 13 years with varieties of characters, from human to not human (like a dog) and robot (the one he did with JMD Maybe Happy Ending).  He can almost make every character he plays to match with him and make it alive. 

- JMS auditioned for IJ's line (conversation with JGW) and JWan's line. (I really enjoy this part a lot). After finishing his lines, Shin said now he now about JMS better and no longer misunderstood him.

- September 3 2019. 2nd Meeting with JMS. Both the production and JMS hard to meet because of JMS's packed schedule. Shin explained about Do Jae Hak character to JMS. He wants JMS to design the character Do Jae Hak as he see it fits. DJH is a resident who only has one age different with the professor who is in charge of him (JWan) because he entered the medical school quite late if compared with others. JH is a hardworking doctor but always get scolded, but he is still a bright person. Later JH personal life will have it appearances in the drama. 

- JMS then did his lines while conversing with the twins. (We can see how he styled the character JH to his own). 

- Shin said many people said good things about JMS and he himself can feel that JMS is a great person and fits with what he looks for. They sealed the deal and welcome JMS as Do Jae Hak.

- They talk about his relationship with the main 5. He is close with all of them. He has done a project with JJS and YYS (Musical Hedwig), appeared in 2 dramas with JKH (Cruel City and Prison Playbook), close with JMD (done several projects with her, the most memorable one musical Maybe Happy Ending) and knew KDM because they often meet at the subway and taking the same line. JMD especially says to Shin that she really likes acting with JMS. (Then we're shown the cut clips of JMS self cam. He 'disturbed' JMD who wanted to rest before her scenes and jokes with her.) Shin said JKH will play JWan, DJH's professor and he couldn't wait to see their chemistry. (We saw how JMS and JKH rehearsing their lines)

- Shin shares his worries whether the season 1 will be successful or not. He wishes at the very least, the show can lasts to season 2. JMS said he will do his best to help them and would even 'risk' his life to do it.

That's how Jung Moon Sung became Do Jae Hak

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hospital Playlist Special Throwback Episode 8. Eun Jin-a, you will become a good Min Ha

- April 24 2019, first meeting with Ahn Eun Jin. Shin PD read aloud her profile. She's born in 1991 and graduated from Korea National University (acting major). Shin PD saw AEJ when he's watching My Fellow Citizen (KBS,2019) and felt familiar about her and thought that she's quite good. Shin PD and his staff have seen her before for her performance in Judo Boy. AEJ debuted in 2012  and has been active in theater (play and musical) for about 7 years before debut in TV. Her height is 168 cm. 

- Shin PD asked if she's a bright person and AEJ confirmed it. Shin found her specialty that she has written is unique which is singing/dancing/doing sports. Based on that he thinks AEJ is a bright and cheerful person. AEJ used to be in a soccer team during her elementary days and also played badminton for her role in Judo Boys. Shin asked if she learned to dance and AEJ explained she dances freely because she has lots of energy. While she's on break, she found it hard to keep it in and dancing is her way to release the excess energy.

- AEJ did an audition by playing Ji Ho, a character from Prison Playbook. (During one scene, AEJ walked away while saying her lines. In the script it was written about what Ji Ho has to do but it was the first time for anyone who rehearsed the line and really acting the gestures like AEJ did. The caption showed that Shin PD is impressed and she passed for the bright character. Then moved to an emotional scenes where Ji Ho has to visit Jae Hyuk who was serving his sentence inside the prison. She nailed it too. We're shown the close up version of Chu Min Ha for emotional acting with Seok Hyung.)

- Shin PD asked if AEJ has aegyo (can act cute). She shared her difficulties for her playing her role in My Fellow Citizen because it's so contrast with her real personality who likes to have fun and chatty. Shin PD asked again if she can act cute or not. She said it's embarrassing for herself to say that she can act cute. Shin PD fishes some answers "how about with your boyfriend?" "Oh yeah, I do act cute often." "How about with your parents?" "Sometimes, when I'm feeling happy. I do act cute a lot except when I am working."

- September 18 2019, second meeting with AEJ. It's been 5 months since their last meeting. He has been thinking a lot and heard she was casted in another drama so at first he wanted to give up due the schedule conflicts. But, just in case Shin PD hold the second meeting to hear from AEJ side and if she agreed, they can adjust the filming to match with her schedule. The production team wanted her to play as Chu Min Ha. 

That's how Ahn Eun Jin who is like Chu Min Ha became Chu Min Ha who's like Ahn Eun Jin.

Bonus, piano practice by Kim Dae Myung for playing Introduce me to a good person

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crystalclear89 said:

Ahn Chihong will not be in season 2 

Since I didn't much understand Korean and need to wait for the engsub, but why he didn't participate in Season 2? Clash with another project or what? Even I ship Iksong but it doesn't mean Ahn Chihong should leave. It's not like people doesn't like Ahn Chihong or what :bawling:

• Sad 1

Shin PD already mention from the beginning that Chihong is the character that have unrequited love to Prof Chae Songhwa and only appear in season 1. 
Omooo i also sad to know this. Me too ship Iksong so hard but Chihong is one of good character almost like a main character in HP, everyone is rooting for his development in season 2 and somehow hoping that he could get his endgame with new girl :sad1:

now i start thinking, will they do time jump when season 2 start ? 
Chihong supposed to be a chief of resident NS for one year and after that he can go for fellowship, if he’s gone means that one year already passed, right ? 

Maybe we can still get to see Ahn Chihong by the beginning of Season 2 for enclosure. It's just weird if he just gone without reason. Well somehow Writer Lee loves to left the story untold.

14 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

So I suppose the character is a catalyst for IkSong relationship.

In S2, someone will replace Ahn as the catalyst. So a doctor from Sokcho or someone SH got to know at Sokcho?

Ikr. He is the reason why Ikjun finally dare to move :tears:

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Crystalclear89 said:

Ahn Chihong will not be in season 2 :(

Oh noo, Ahn Chihong! I genuinely felt so sad when I read about this, too. I was looking forward to see Ahn Chihong's development and more of Kim Junhan on my screen :tears:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ryanallright said:

So I suppose the character is a catalyst for IkSong relationship.

In S2, someone will replace Ahn as the catalyst. So a doctor from Sokcho or someone SH got to know at Sokcho?

can we say now that Iksong is the main couple of this show ? They even have one strong supporting character just to make Ikjun make a move.. Ahn Chihong is really there only for Iksong.

Iksong’s relationship is already complicated without catalyst, ugh i really have no idea with Shin PD hahahahha

even if they bring another catalyst, please not for SHwa, i cantt see Ikjun jealous and in pain again hahaha

i think Ikjun and Shonghwa will be together already in season 2, probably time jump 1 year ? and they’re just doing some flashback how they start their relationship.

ahn chihong is being a chief resident and having a new apartement, it’s weird if suddenly he moves to other hospital or dying from covid ? Oh noo!!!

Perhaps, as someone else said, there is a one year time skip. If that’s the case, it’s probably like normal life where ACH has received an excellent offer and has probably moved on to another hospital. I wonder if the other head resident who was in season 1 will appear. Probably not since it looked like he moved on too. I guess by changing the characters it shows that life continues on like it would in real life. It’s sad yet exciting. 

• Like 1

Hospital Playlist Throwback Special Episode 10
I've stayed by your side for a moment, Goodbye Ahn Chi Hong

Summary with rough translations

Video started with the making scenes when Chi Hong is talking with ER Nurse about the patient who wants to leave the hospital even when in bad condition. Kim Jun Han said his lines too serious.
Shin PD: Wait! The drama will be in mess~ We will start again with a comic (comedic) version. Okay Cue! (and KJH executed his act with a more funny expression than before)

Aug 16 2019, First meeting with Kim Jun Han.
- Shin PD asked where KJH military base when he was doing his military duty. . KJH served in YangYang, Gangwon Province. He was in Engineering Corps and act as the administration for the military transportation. (His real life military is very different from Captain Ahn Chi Hong)
- The reason why Shin PD asked for a meeting with him, Shin is wondering what if KJH played a different role from his previous one (Spring Night). In his previous drama, he play a character that is... a little bit a loser (KJH laughed while admitted it). Shin PD said he did it so well that his character probably got a lot of curse from the viewers. When Shin PD look from several of his filmography, other than Prison Playbook, most of the characters that he played so far are characters with a loser personality (Shin PD recently watch his work Sunset in My Hometown) and Shin PD thought maybe KJH somehow like to play that kind of character. KJH admitted it shyly. Shin PD mentioned another film of his (Anarchist from Colony) which in there his character also give a slight feeling of a loser. KJH then explained that actually he's thinking that he shouldn't really portray his character like a real man but the opposite of it, maybe a little bit cool. Shin PD joked that rather than looking cool he portrayed another side. KJH said he only acted as what the script says but maybe there's a loser side that come out when he acted. Shin PD said it was his charm and quite fun. 
- They are talking about his character in Prison Playbook. He appeared only for a short time. His character was a little bit mean but it also suited him well. Shin PD even wondered if KJH true personality is like that since he did it almost like a natural. (We're shown short scenes of Prison Playbook where KJH appeared)
Shin PD felt that after Spring Night, KJH will get many offers soon (KJH asked his manager whether it's true or not) and Shin PD felt that he will be good for playing as a character he has in mind. KJH hesitated whether he can do well and Shin PD said that's why he asked for a meeting with him. Before they rehearse ACH lines, Shin PD wants him to read several characters first. (Yong Seok Min, Do Jae Hak and after that Ahn Chi Hong lines. Most happened in Episode 2)
- After finishing the lines, Shin PD revealed that he wanted him to play as ACH. Shin PD explained a little bit about ACH. ACH will have a kind of love line, he has a crush with Professor named Song Hwa. His character has a warm-like crush and a calm and cool development at the same time. ACH will only appear in season 1. (T_T) Shin PD explained since ACH won't continue appear in other season so he doesn't want to burden KJH with a goal for seasonal drama. He wish KJH can act well and will have a cool exist. But then during their meeting KJH keep laughing and Shin PD felt maybe they need to revise a bit about his character. KJH laughed hard at this comment. 
- Shin PD added that acting as Ahn Chi Hong can help his career too when they compare it to his current filmography. He can also show that he's quite a good actor. They will meet soon after some period of thinking.
- Before ending their meeting, Shin PD asked about his ability to play drum. (KJH is a former drummer of band izi). Shin PD said if he did join, maybe he can give some pointers (to YYS). We're shown that KJH is having fun at SHyeong basement room where the band instruments is set. He's awkward at first since it's been a while since he played the drum, but he showed his skills that made everyone watching praised him (including YYS and YYS's drummer teacher. YYS requested him to show a solo drum performance)

Aug 29 2019, second meeting with Kim Jun Han
- They have confirmed his casting through phone before the 2nd meeting. Shin PD wants him to play Ahn Chi Hong because they need an impact (?) for that character. Shin also wanted KJH to play a normal character for once. Shin PD introduced ACH background. ACH comes from military academy and reached a captain position. He doesn't have to act really stiff but he can show it a little from his way of speaking but also soft at the same time. KJH finally get his script as ACH. Shin PD said that he will succeed when there's a comment that he's quite good.

- At that time, they're currently waiting for the premiere of film Beasts Clawing at Straws, and Shin PD asked about his character in there (he played as an antagonist). That film will be the 3rd project he did with Shin Hyun Been. Shin PD asked if he knew Jeon Mi Do and KJH said he didn't really know him. Other than Jung Kyung Ho and SHB, he doesn't really know other actors.

At the first script reading 
KJH was sitting between KDM and Choi Young Joon (Dr Bong) and he felt awkward because he doesn't really know them well. He saw that SHB sit near JKH and quite far from his sitting place. He moved to speak with them and say his greetings to JMD and Jung Moon Sung. 
SHB: What's wrong?
KJH: It's nothing. I just come here because I knew you
SHB: *laughed*
KJH: Can I sit here?
SHB: Sure you can
JKH: Are you sure both of you knew each other?
SHB: Yeah, we're quite close
JKH: Ah really?
KJH: (to JMD) My name is Kim Jun Han
JMD: Yes, I have seen you a lot on TV, while I'm still a rookie (in TV). It's our first time to meet with others like this. How do both of you know each other (question to SHB and KJH)?
SHB&KJH: We have acted in the same movie twice
SHB: But we haven't got any chance to meet each other outside the projects
JMD: You are going to play dr Bong character, right? (to KJH)
KJH: No, dr Ahn. I will play as Ahn Chi Hong
JMD: dr Ahn? Chi Hong... Do you mean as Chi Hong? I thought you're going to play another character

Shin PD said that KJH has the type who won't just act according to what purely written in the scripts, so it will give fresh feelings. Shin PD requested as the scripts is still written, he hoped KJH can design Ahn Chi Hong character well. 

That's how Kim Jun Han became Ahn Chi Hong.

And...

KJH: Our filming set is famous where the staffs and actors were having good time while filming. And I felt that we've become really close with each others. I also have acted in Prison Playbook and I have worked twice with the same staffs and somehow I think I've become like a family with the staffs? I think I'll miss it a lot.

Q: To Kim Jun Han, Ahn Chi Hong is?
KJH: Ahn Chi Hong is like Bailey (?) I keep wondering what kind of character he is. Whenever I received the script, I keep getting surprised with his character. What is this? Huh? There is this kind of scene? The script is always something that surprised me. 

Q: The most memorable scene?
KJH: I think it is the scene where the it get much love from the viewers, when it's raining at the camping ground and Ahn Chi Hong went to meet with Prof Chae Song Hwa. I have heard a lot (comments) about that scenes. That scenes was filmed where it was supposed to be raining quite heavily. Actually filming that scene was quite hard. We were on tight schedule to film that scene. The sun was setting and we had to really focus to film that scene. And Shin PD did a magic with creating the scene look beautiful in the drama. But when we're shooting that scenes, the staffs commented whether it's a filming for a murderer scene or not. What is the genre for this scene? And then Shin PD said to everyone, 'It's a melodrama everyone, melodrama'. I wonder if there's a making scene for that scenes?
(We're shown making scenes for the drama)

Q: Last one. Anything that you want to say?
KJH: Chi Hong is... Eh why do I talk to Chi Hong by Chi Hong? Uh... dr Ahn Chi Hong won't appear in season 2, but I (Kim Jun Han) will become viewers and will cheer for the drama from the sides. Chi Hong is probably will be somewhere, becoming Chief Resident while also living his life. I'll be grateful if you can cheer for his character like that. And if one day Chi Hong is needed, Chi Hong will always ready. I'll be ready to join whenever I needed so... I feel sad now that I'm leaving. Thank you so much. I think this will be too sad, why do I keep saying something sad? Well... Really I will miss it a lot and I will visit the shooting place. I will visit and yeah... I will come to cheer the team.
I hope I can greet you all with another project when I got the chance, so please wait a little and I hope we can meet again soon. And please give a lot love for Wise Doctor Life Season 2. Thank you so much.

Ahn Chi Hong... Fighting!

Goodbye Ahn Chi Hong :( 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, Crystalclear89 said:

Shin PD already mention from the beginning that Chihong is the character that have unrequited love to Prof Chae Songhwa and only appear in season 1. 
Omooo i also sad to know this. Me too ship Iksong so hard but Chihong is one of good character almost like a main character in HP, everyone is rooting for his development in season 2 and somehow hoping that he could get his endgame with new girl 

now i start thinking, will they do time jump when season 2 start ? 
Chihong supposed to be a chief of resident NS for one year and after that he can go for fellowship, if he’s gone means that one year already passed, right ? 

So it has been set from the beginning that ChiHong will not be the one. I am a Iksong shipper but still abit sad to see him go. He is a good colleague but not matured enough in term of relationship and career aspect for SH. I was hoping he get his endgame with another junior resident/ intern. I wonder how they will continue the story though since he is designated to be the chief resident.   Anticipating..... 

16 hours ago, Crystalclear89 said:

can we say now that Iksong is the main couple of this show ? They even have one strong supporting character just to make Ikjun make a move.. Ahn Chihong is really there only for Iksong.

Iksong’s relationship is already complicated without catalyst, ugh i really have no idea with Shin PD hahahahha

even if they bring another catalyst, please not for SHwa, i cantt see Ikjun jealous and in pain again hahaha

i think Ikjun and Shonghwa will be together already in season 2, probably time jump 1 year ? and they’re just doing some flashback how they start their relationship.

ahn chihong is being a chief resident and having a new apartement, it’s weird if suddenly he moves to other hospital or dying from covid ? Oh noo!!!

I am also anticipating how the story continues since they made him a chief resident. And his 4th year of residency is supposed to be very critical for him and hence SH advised him that he should stay and do more ops etc. I really hope that Iksong are already together in S2. YSK mentioned in the last episode in S1 that he does not want to waste his time. So I think this might also be a hint that IkSong will sail since they already wasted 20 years. (Solely my wish and opinion). 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!

I am feeling so sad that Chi Hong won’t be on season 2. I guess that is reasonable since the center of neurosurgery is Song Hwa and with her transfer, there is no reason to follow the department anymore.

Chi Hong might be intended as the catalyst for Ik Jun. But KJH played Chi Hong wonderfully I think that the character grew more than as a supporting character to his own role. I loved how KHJ portrayed Chi Hong’s quiet admiration toward Song Hwa and was rooting for him until Ik Jun torpedoed his ship. CH-SH-IJ is a great love triangle where I can truly relate and admire all parties involved to the point that while I supported Ik Jun as a better man for Song Hwa, I wanted to cheer Chi Hong up and see him moving on with his life and maybe getting a new love interest in season 2. 

Is there any chance that the writer might change Chi Hong’s fate? 

• Like 1

Hi.. I've been a silent reader for quite a while now, but I reallyyyyy love HP, and WG is my fave couple. I know I'm late with the hype.. but recently I've been rewatching all the eps and noticed that Jeongwon had kept Gyeoul phone number, cause in Eps 7 while waiting for the liver, he pick up Gyeoul call immediately without asking who it was.

vl2lMae.jpg

Then in Eps 11 when Gyeoul called him before her solo surgery, he also talk without asking who it was.

2tqYPRF.jpg

It's different with when Dr.Bae called him to notify about the little girl with liver laceration (Eps 12). When he pick up, he said his name first, and Dr.Bae also mentioned her name to him. I don't know why I haven't notice this before..

61t2vFd.jpg

Funny how I've seen this drama multiple times and still found details that I missed.

Btw, any idea where that pink doll went? Cause I notice it was still in Jeongwon's office in Eps.8 and 10..

Spoiler

ssXG1PT.jpg

But it's not there in Eps.12..

Spoiler

MO6NU3L.jpg

This is my first time inserting pics, I hope it'll work..

And I'm glad I found this forum. All your comments makes me see things in different light.. Nice knowing you all.. looking forward to discuss things further in S2..

Edited by shawolynn
Thanks for informing and helping me put images in spoiler tags.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 6
  • Insightful 5

There's something that's still bugging me about Jeongwon.. Why did he still resign from the hospital (Eps 11) after all that talk he had with Ikjun in Eps 10? Why did he let Gyeoul lead pediatric surgery after he said he would resign? And what was the meaning of his sigh before Gyeoul confession in Eps 12?

Although perhaps only God and the writer know the answer ;;^^ but here's a piece of thought:

1. As far as Jeongwon know, Gyeoul was seeing someone (Eps 8 and 9), and that someone already proposed to her (Eps 10). He may or may not know the fact that he is her brother, but lets assume he didn't know.

Being a religious person, although perhaps he questioned himself because of his attraction to Gyeoul, when realizing she is with someone else, I think it is more likely that he would see it as another sign to continue his path to the priesthood (cause the person he is interested in already attached to someone else).

2. Jeongwon always look indifferent to Gyeoul, he hardly ever praised her when deep down I think he noticed and admired her good qualities. But we see in Eps 11 he let her lead a pediatric surgery 'after' he decided to resign (and we're told that he never let anyone else do it). What matter most is that it will be her first solo surgery, and he would be there to see and experienced it with her (before he leave the hospital). We all know what else he did, right? He said "You did well" to her. A clear praise, not just a nod or a smile like he used to do. Isn't it lovely to finally hear those words? Even if at that time, it felt more like a farewell gift for our girl, but seeing from different pov, it would be a memory for Jeongwon too.. and who knows, Gyeoul might consider being a pediatric surgeon herself one day.

3. Jeongwon decided to stay in the hospital on Dec 3rd when he talked to Songhwa. He said he wanted to tell someone first, and Songhwa hinted that the someone he's reffering to is Gyeoul. So why didn't he say anything until Gyeoul confessed in Dec 25th? Back to the first point.. If he still thinks that Gyeoul might be attached to someone, (assuming that he didn't know it was her brother, and he didn't know what her answer to the proposal was), I don't think he would pursue her during that time..

I remember when I first watched Ikjun and Jeongwon scene in Eps 10, Jeongwon nodded in aggrement when Ikjun said that he wanted Gyeoul to be happy. And before Ikjun said happy with Jeongwon, my thought was that he meant it for Jeongwon not to lead her on and let her be happy with the supposed boyfriend (remember at this point we're still not shown "he's my little brother" flashback yet).

So I think that sigh could have meant he was preparing himself to hear something he wouldn't like (eg. her getting married, couldn't assist him anymore, etc ;;^^), cause obviously he looked surprised when Gyeoul said she like him.. Also remember that Gyeoul never explicitly show him her affection 'after' he lied to her in Eps 8. She still assist him, work with him many times, but she never again show him that she had romantic feelings (really respect her for it).

So what do you think he would do when faced with that heartfelt confession in Eps 12? Knowing that this girl who seem so "emotionally unattached" couldn't hold back her tears to convey that she like him, asking him to reconsider staying (God, how hard it must've been for her).

Well.. For me, I think he did just the right thing :)

Edited by shawolynn
Forgive me.. Since english is not my primary language, I might make mistakes in conveying my thoughts, and may need to edit my post to make my points clearer..
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

On 9/10/2020 at 11:13 PM, celebrianna said:

Perhaps, as someone else said, there is a one year time skip. If that’s the case, it’s probably like normal life where ACH has received an excellent offer and has probably moved on to another hospital. I wonder if the other head resident who was in season 1 will appear. Probably not since it looked like he moved on too. I guess by changing the characters it shows that life continues on like it would in real life. It’s sad yet exciting. 

A time skip is plausible because if the show continues at the same time pace as S1 (approx 1 year a season) 1) S2 will be mostly Songhwa's time in Sokcho and 2) Iksun won't even complete her 3 year course by S3 if S3 is confirmed :sweatingbullets: (I'm curious what the decision on S3 is because that decision will impact the writing for S2 significantly)

I hope later YouTube episodes will reveal hints about other characters like the outgoing NS Chief resident staying on. If those characters continue appearing as snippets in Yulje hospital life with the remaining 4 doctors, there might be some development that causes ACH to no longer appear in S2, like an offer to move you mentioned. It's been great seeing ACH's story develop over S1 and looking forward to see how it ends and new stories come in.

Also wanted to share a track that Songhwa/Jaehak sung together in the Maybe Happy Ending musical - they're good friends from their work on stage: https://open.spotify.com/track/4xGH3y3IdsxynuENj1jUVh. Mido is solo in this track: https://open.spotify.com/track/1TAP6yYuMhfYQMXOPRNn6n. Looking forward to more OSTs by Mido as well as Mido and Falasol in S2!

PS: first post, thanks to the mods and posters for making this a great place for discussion and info. I really enjoyed watching S1 and made some clips on gfycat here to tide the wait till S2. Cheers :lol:

Edited by gemmo
link edits
  • Like 4