Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

5 hours ago, alleram95 said:

Shin also explained that among the main 5, GW will interact a lot with 2 among the 5, IJ and JWon. GW and IJ will have quite a close relationship who can banter back and forth with each other. GW will have romantic relationship with Prof JWon. GW is also quite straightforward about her like and love but very innocent and can't hide what she likes and dislikes. Lee asked if SHB knew or ever met with YYS and SHB says she doesn't know him. Shin says the romantic part won't be the focused but it will be there and this drama is planned as a seasonal drama.

While we were here anxious and arguing about the lovelines and endgame, it was already planned and they knew about it :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Wiggle 3
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been chatting with @kokodus offline and she persuaded me to post my thoughts on the latest episode. So blame her if you think I've gone off the rocker...    Episode 8 was beautifully pu

Re: Crossing and drawing the line   Much has been discussed about Chihong crossing the line, and Songhwa drawing the line. I plan to do a character analysis on Chihong, so more on that late

In HP, dining scenes are often used to illustrate human relationships. This one is obvious: asking someone out for a meal is an indication of romantic feelings.       And the

Everyone, I would like to share my thoughts after watching the special eps from ep 1-6. :happy2:

First, I believe all the love line shown in S1 is already fixed. :coolshades:

First, Writer Lee told SHB that she will have love line with Jeongwon, then Shin PD added that the romance actually won't be dramatic as it's daily life drama so the romance is seen as slow burn. 

So, the keywords about Hospital Playlist melo plot are 'not dramatic' and 'slow romance'. :approves:

Thinking of it now, Writer Lee told YYS that on S1, the focus is Jeongwon. So I think ShinLee wrapped the ending of Jeongwon by 'sailing' the Winter Garden is their way to later on focus on other story in S2. IMO in S2 Jeongwon & Gyeoul might not be seen as much as in S1 as they have sailed alrd and we don't need to worry anymore, well maybe a bit glance of their problems like Junwan & Iksun in S1 (again, it's daily life drama so it won't be too dramatic).

Then, the drama will focus more on Songhwa, Ikjun and Seokhyeong. That's why Shin PD said it's not important yet to reveal Songhwa's side as it would be the focus in S2 along side with the continuation of cliffhanger story such as Junwan & Iksun, and Seokhyeong. :cutekitty:

It's just my opinion tho, although many people probably have said the same thing but I just want to share here.... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 4

From how Shin-Lee described Gyeo-ul's character brief, I'd say that SHB nailed the character perfectly. She transformed herself completely for the role and did an excellent job as I've said previously. I especially liked the fact that they wanted her to look ordinary which was the point of the character. Shin-Lee know their stuff because Gyeo-ul became a very popular, relatable character. People rooted for her and I have little doubt it's why the WG dynamic became so beloved in the HP fandom around the world because Jang Gyeo-ul is someone who feels real. She could be your next door neighbour or your colleague at work. She's new to the love thing and yet she's so gutsy in making her confession. She's not perfect but has admirable qualities. I want to see more of her. I want to see her succeed in everything. More importantly, she has more opportunities for growth.

It was clear to me by Episode 8 that everything was pretty much fixed from the start. They'd thought through everything including the love lines and put in all kinds of clues to guide us to certain conclusions. Plenty of things were foreshadowed very early on. I personally never believed we were being trolled by the showrunners. It's such a busy medical drama... trolling a romance would be an absolutely waste of time.

As @LovelyLady said, in hindsight the debates and angst weren't really necessary. It was afterall a pre-produced drama and had undergone at least 2 years of development. No amount of insistence on  one's theories was ever going to have any kind of impact on the story being told.

As I've always said, the reason why YYS fanserviced the WG madly was because he knew where it was all headed and that his arc was probably the most complete of all of the others.

@Ima Imo I doubt very much that the show will remove its focus on WG. I'm expecting bigger and better things ahead for them.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1
50 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@Ima Imo I doubt very much that the show will remove its focus on WG. I'm expecting bigger and better things ahead for them.

Lets be honest WG played and has its fair share in ratings, like me i get hooked to it bcoz of their love line. So in HP2 they should make Garden more sweeter to Gyeol :)

I thought the release is december , but they havent start shooting yet. Can't wait to see Mama Rosa always ask for Gyeol to come to their house  and stay overnight and  pushing WG to sleep together:hwaiting2:

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I doubt very much that the show will remove its focus on WG. I'm expecting bigger and better things ahead for them.

Oh yes, of course we will see much better things ahead of them, I have said before I am excited to see Jeongwon & Gyeoul dynamic as first timer in relationship in S2. It's a daily life drama, so I am sure we will see their development. :heart4:

So what I mean is Writer Lee told YYS in special behind the scenes Ep. 3, that in S1 the focus is Jeongwon and she emphasised to him that this character is important for S1. Therefore, as Jeongwon was alrd the focus in S1, he might not be the centre of the story again in S2. You know, since 5 of them are the main characters, I assume S2 focus would be the others' backstory who weren't revealed yet in S1; it could be Songhwa or Seokhyeong. Although still, of course I believe Writer Lee will distribute the scenes equally just like how we have seen in S1. 

Hope you can get what I mean.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Ima Imo My real life friend and I also thought of the same thing. Despite the distribution, we still believe S1 is really Jeongwon’s story because the first and the last episode were pretty much dedicated to him. 

We will see more of Jeongwon’s development but in a distributed way. Looking forward who among the Lacking 5 is the main focus for S2!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ima Imo said:

Hope you can get what I mean.:sweatingbullets:

Yes, of course. :D Absolutely.

There is no disagreement. ;) I myself have said that S1 is largely about JWon and to a lesser degree, Jun-wan in so far as it gives them both a problem that had to be solved within these first 12 episodes. It wasn't the case with the other three. That's why YYS was eagerly fanservicing at any given opportunity. He certainly knew that. His arc was vitally important to this season because the priesthood question. had to be decided within that time frame because the WG side of things complicated things for him unexpectedly. That had to be resolved one way or another.

That said, I don't think the show "reduced" the other three's presence in the drama. Seok-hyeong's family issues was pretty constant all throughout. We saw IJ's role in the hospital and his various relationships in and outside of work. The focus on Song-hwa was largely on her relationship with her subordinates. Romance weren't a priority for these people. It wasn't tied to some kind of problem that needed resolution urgently. I go back to the Canon in D analogy. It's not about air time... at least not from my perspective... it's about these overlapping arcs. Everyone's at a different places with different kinds of challenges. Song-hwa and Seok-hyeong weren't ready to think of romance. IJ was a little late to the game.

But as far as the WG couple is concerned, their story has only just begun. As a pair. This is why I said some weeks ago that S2 will be more difficult to do. Expectations are high. There's a lot to live up to. It's certainly true that they command the lion's share in the shipping community and that will have to be a consideration in how they approach their story. The juggling act will be (in my opinion) even more challenging. Of course I'm confident that Shin-Lee will pull it off and from what they said in SHB's audition video, I think they already have a long-term plan in mind for WG.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)

All chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!

We have chosen three sageuks:

1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

2) Empress Ki (with Ji Chang Wook)

3) The Moon Embracing the Sun (with Kim Soo Hyun)

All three dramas were big hits back in the day, some even achieving over 40% viewership ratings!

You can join one of the re-watch parties or all of them! It doesn't matter if you have already seen the drama or it's your first time. Everyone is welcome to join!

:piggydance:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon & @Lmangla

• Awesome 1

I am watching hospital playlist casting series on Na PD channel. It's nice to find that my mere speculations about several things turn out to be true. What I find funny and fascinating are that those clips provide proven receipts on how Shinlee planned their story. On their previous reply series, with their signature husband hunt, there were always rumors circulating that Shinlee changed the plot to cater certain fandom. But nope, not this time. Having youtube channel as a platform to explain things are so beneficial, so us as a viewer can really learn the true process of how the story were planned and how Shinlee original vision were.

On other note: props to SHB, she played GU to the tee. She was ment to be missunderstood by certain people. If I remember the amount of hate GU received here and on twitter, than her acting was on point.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hospital Playlist Special Throwback Scenes ep 7

When a moment of judgement comes like a tide, ask Jung Moon Sung

Quick Summary (rough trans)

- Shin and JMS talked about their previous project together (Prison Playbook). They talked that at that time they couldn't enjoy or get closer because JMS joined the drama in the middle of airing and his character at that time was quite heavy and dark and felt like an outcast. JMS's character had to cry in front of many people (in front of his brother, to the mother of his brother's friend and in front of his friend). This time, he will play a bright kind of character, Do Jae Hak.

- June 13 2019. 1st meeting with JMS. During PP, JMS was quite busy juggling between the shooting schedule and his own performance and Shin couldn't build a closer relationship with him. Shin told him how he had this perceptive about JMS because of his previous character in PP. But when he talked with YYS and when JMS's name is mentioned, YYS said JMS is a funny man and JMS admitted it. Shin asked about what kind of person JMS is. JMS says that he enjoys everything when he works or having fun. He'd make many jokes because he dislikes awkward atmosphere. He himself thinks that he is a funny person. In PP, he joined late and couldn't mix with the casts that well. He's not overboard with his actions, but people can feel his funny side when they're talking with him.

- Shin asks JMS what his dating style. JMS says when he was younger, he didn't really know love so he would refer to dramas, movies and especially songs.  He would feel connection with the lyrics and learned about love through it. He likes to make people laugh.

- JMS has done lots of play and musicals for the last 13 years with varieties of characters, from human to not human (like a dog) and robot (the one he did with JMD Maybe Happy Ending).  He can almost make every character he plays to match with him and make it alive. 

- JMS auditioned for IJ's line (conversation with JGW) and JWan's line. (I really enjoy this part a lot). After finishing his lines, Shin said now he now about JMS better and no longer misunderstood him.

- September 3 2019. 2nd Meeting with JMS. Both the production and JMS hard to meet because of JMS's packed schedule. Shin explained about Do Jae Hak character to JMS. He wants JMS to design the character Do Jae Hak as he see it fits. DJH is a resident who only has one age different with the professor who is in charge of him (JWan) because he entered the medical school quite late if compared with others. JH is a hardworking doctor but always get scolded, but he is still a bright person. Later JH personal life will have it appearances in the drama. 

- JMS then did his lines while conversing with the twins. (We can see how he styled the character JH to his own). 

- Shin said many people said good things about JMS and he himself can feel that JMS is a great person and fits with what he looks for. They sealed the deal and welcome JMS as Do Jae Hak.

- They talk about his relationship with the main 5. He is close with all of them. He has done a project with JJS and YYS (Musical Hedwig), appeared in 2 dramas with JKH (Cruel City and Prison Playbook), close with JMD (done several projects with her, the most memorable one musical Maybe Happy Ending) and knew KDM because they often meet at the subway and taking the same line. JMD especially says to Shin that she really likes acting with JMS. (Then we're shown the cut clips of JMS self cam. He 'disturbed' JMD who wanted to rest before her scenes and jokes with her.) Shin said JKH will play JWan, DJH's professor and he couldn't wait to see their chemistry. (We saw how JMS and JKH rehearsing their lines)

- Shin shares his worries whether the season 1 will be successful or not. He wishes at the very least, the show can lasts to season 2. JMS said he will do his best to help them and would even 'risk' his life to do it.

That's how Jung Moon Sung became Do Jae Hak

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hospital Playlist Special Throwback Episode 8. Eun Jin-a, you will become a good Min Ha

- April 24 2019, first meeting with Ahn Eun Jin. Shin PD read aloud her profile. She's born in 1991 and graduated from Korea National University (acting major). Shin PD saw AEJ when he's watching My Fellow Citizen (KBS,2019) and felt familiar about her and thought that she's quite good. Shin PD and his staff have seen her before for her performance in Judo Boy. AEJ debuted in 2012  and has been active in theater (play and musical) for about 7 years before debut in TV. Her height is 168 cm. 

- Shin PD asked if she's a bright person and AEJ confirmed it. Shin found her specialty that she has written is unique which is singing/dancing/doing sports. Based on that he thinks AEJ is a bright and cheerful person. AEJ used to be in a soccer team during her elementary days and also played badminton for her role in Judo Boys. Shin asked if she learned to dance and AEJ explained she dances freely because she has lots of energy. While she's on break, she found it hard to keep it in and dancing is her way to release the excess energy.

- AEJ did an audition by playing Ji Ho, a character from Prison Playbook. (During one scene, AEJ walked away while saying her lines. In the script it was written about what Ji Ho has to do but it was the first time for anyone who rehearsed the line and really acting the gestures like AEJ did. The caption showed that Shin PD is impressed and she passed for the bright character. Then moved to an emotional scenes where Ji Ho has to visit Jae Hyuk who was serving his sentence inside the prison. She nailed it too. We're shown the close up version of Chu Min Ha for emotional acting with Seok Hyung.)

- Shin PD asked if AEJ has aegyo (can act cute). She shared her difficulties for her playing her role in My Fellow Citizen because it's so contrast with her real personality who likes to have fun and chatty. Shin PD asked again if she can act cute or not. She said it's embarrassing for herself to say that she can act cute. Shin PD fishes some answers "how about with your boyfriend?" "Oh yeah, I do act cute often." "How about with your parents?" "Sometimes, when I'm feeling happy. I do act cute a lot except when I am working."

- September 18 2019, second meeting with AEJ. It's been 5 months since their last meeting. He has been thinking a lot and heard she was casted in another drama so at first he wanted to give up due the schedule conflicts. But, just in case Shin PD hold the second meeting to hear from AEJ side and if she agreed, they can adjust the filming to match with her schedule. The production team wanted her to play as Chu Min Ha. 

That's how Ahn Eun Jin who is like Chu Min Ha became Chu Min Ha who's like Ahn Eun Jin.

Bonus, piano practice by Kim Dae Myung for playing Introduce me to a good person

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Crystalclear89 said:

Ahn Chihong will not be in season 2 

Since I didn't much understand Korean and need to wait for the engsub, but why he didn't participate in Season 2? Clash with another project or what? Even I ship Iksong but it doesn't mean Ahn Chihong should leave. It's not like people doesn't like Ahn Chihong or what :bawling:

• Sad 1

Shin PD already mention from the beginning that Chihong is the character that have unrequited love to Prof Chae Songhwa and only appear in season 1. 
Omooo i also sad to know this. Me too ship Iksong so hard but Chihong is one of good character almost like a main character in HP, everyone is rooting for his development in season 2 and somehow hoping that he could get his endgame with new girl :sad1:

now i start thinking, will they do time jump when season 2 start ? 
Chihong supposed to be a chief of resident NS for one year and after that he can go for fellowship, if he’s gone means that one year already passed, right ? 

Maybe we can still get to see Ahn Chihong by the beginning of Season 2 for enclosure. It's just weird if he just gone without reason. Well somehow Writer Lee loves to left the story untold.

14 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

So I suppose the character is a catalyst for IkSong relationship.

In S2, someone will replace Ahn as the catalyst. So a doctor from Sokcho or someone SH got to know at Sokcho?

Ikr. He is the reason why Ikjun finally dare to move :tears:

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, Crystalclear89 said:

Ahn Chihong will not be in season 2 :(

Oh noo, Ahn Chihong! I genuinely felt so sad when I read about this, too. I was looking forward to see Ahn Chihong's development and more of Kim Junhan on my screen :tears:

• Sad 1