Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

Hi @milkokoa  Shin PD said on his interview “Our drama is not just about melodrama, so we shouldn’t sway by melodramatic elements.” Winter garden might not share any romantic scene or gesture before the confession scene but the build up or like what Shin PD called “emotional lines” is already shown from the very beginning. For Jeong-won my guts said, it all started from his wrong impression. In my opinion, wrong impression could lead into romantic feelings. Actually, anything could lead into romantic feelings. You don’t need any specific reason to fall for someone. HP used time jump, so not many scenes were shown, we don’t see how all the problem is happened or solved. Winter garden might only share work-related conversations, but that’s the point I think, they worked together for 8 months, it’s very possible to develop romantic feelings for someone who we always work with. This is also happened in real life, no? We have crush on someone in the office or school, perhaps we don’t share any romantic gesture with them but the feeling is there. Shin PD only emphasize what need to be emphasize from their interactions and dynamics through the scenes we already saw.

This is my take for winter garden, you don’t have to change your opinion or rank about the pairing. That’s perfectly fine. But no, people don't ship them because they ship the actors irl first :( Many people who support winter garden already fell for them and predicted their relationship since early episodes (curtain scene, chocopie scene, ‘not cup of my tea’ scene). And true, most of people just know about SHB from HP so it’s kind of impossible to ship irl first then ship the characters.

Anyway, I agree with you, the talks about who Song-hwa liked back in 99 should be pass because it’s already confirmed.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been chatting with @kokodus offline and she persuaded me to post my thoughts on the latest episode. So blame her if you think I've gone off the rocker...    Episode 8 was beautifully pu

Re: Crossing and drawing the line   Much has been discussed about Chihong crossing the line, and Songhwa drawing the line. I plan to do a character analysis on Chihong, so more on that late

In HP, dining scenes are often used to illustrate human relationships. This one is obvious: asking someone out for a meal is an indication of romantic feelings.       And the

@leftphalange I agree with you. These drama take place in almost one year meaning they both work together for quite a time that their feelings developed for each other but thing is it was not shown to the audience. That is the point. It was not shown and we have to assume. I know this is not melodrama but it seems they don't have any problem in developing iksong or gomgom loveline properly. The kiss in ep 12 seems to be only for the shock value than anything. I would rather Jeongwon said something like "I will stay. For you" rather than a very passionate kiss. Not a peck shb please lol. 

I guess I'm the only one who feel the lack of chemistry btwn wg seeing that everyone here ship them lol 

Anyway agree with one of the post, Jeongwon and Songhwa really has the best platonic relationship. Also with the Yunbok and hongdo comparison. I finally get why the writer didn't show much interactions in the early ep compared to junwan songhwa for example , now I get it. It's all for the purpose to show how these two understand each other without saying anything. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

I've said this in passing in a separate thread but I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning here as well to possibly get other people's inputs. I don't know if it's just me but I can't help but see Jwon-SHwa in Hongdo-Yunbok. Is it because of Hongdo's simple-mindedness and innocence which gives me the the same vibe with Jeongwon being a pure-hearted manchild? Or maybe I see SHwa's strength and competence in Yunbok's diligence and enthusiastic energy? The scene where Hongdo can't help but cry talking about their mom and when he felt really attached to the baby, as well as all the scenes of Yunbok impressively answering her seniors' questions give off the same vibe as their older counterparts as well (we all know who's Mr. Sensitive and Ms. Achiever). Using the concept of twins narratively was also interesting to me as twins are effective literary instruments to compare and contrast two linked characters and some people have already noted a few similarities between Jwon and SHwa such as how both of them have been very calculating in their actions and both mostly silent with their POV in the first season. Not to mention, and I think most importantly, the mysterious deep bond between twins which may resemble the telepathic friendship between Jwon and SHwa. I haven't really thought about this much but it always crosses my mind while rewatching LOL.

Yes. Imo, its the Best PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP. Same with Song hwa and Jun wan..the OT3. NO NEED TO ROMANTICIZE their interactions and put Malice on it. That is probably why the twins didn't say upfront that they are twins because accdg to Yun bok it was kinda fun messing with people. It was really a twist when I found out that they are twins.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 6/7/2020 at 4:28 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

While I can appreciate that not everybody who watched HP embraced the Winter Garden dynamic, it is humorous to me that anyone would think that the writer and the PD would include a kissing scene just to placate Winter Garden shippers ie. fanservice. I am amused by this suggestion in part because the kiss was telegraphed twice by the show... once in the scene where Gyeo-ul says, "I've never been kissed as well." and later in "Confession is not flashy" the portion where Jeong-won sings. Also most of us who have been rooting for them would have been quite content to see them both go out to dinner on their own without anyone else tagging along, in everyday apparel. 

So why did we get the kissing scene... and not dinner or the movies... or even a secret hand hold?

I submit it's because the writer wants to highlight the fact that these two people have been in love with each other for a while. The ER flashback yet again is proof of that. But they work together and for one reason or another neither has been willing to cross the line especially when they're now working so well together. After being turned down and lied to, she always thought that he saw her only as a colleague and he buried his feelings as much as he could because of the priesthood issue foremost in his mind.

By confessing so boldly and yet so humbly, Gyeo-ul gave Jeong-won an opening to do what he's been wanting to do for a while. To go to her and pour out his feelings. What else could he do after what she's done? Whatever he says in response will pale into insignificance. Dinner and movies would seem like such a cheap response.

The kiss is the only thing he could do to match or surpass her boldness. At that moment she became larger than life. She opened her heart to him and made herself completely vulnerable. I don't know about anyone else but that's why it works... for me at least... It's the least he can do for holding off for so long, for making her wait, for making her act first for putting herself in such a potentially humiliating position. She was burdened by the whole thing. She was worried about being an imposition. She had no idea where she stood with him at all and yet she put herself in the firing line. Rejection was a real possibility as far as she's concerned.

I've seen many kissing scenes in my time and I think this is one of the best. Why? Because it is an answer to a question. It is not only the right answer but it is the only answer. 

I don't think fundamentally that the question she poses is about leaving or staying or even about defying God... it is really about whether she is important enough to him to affect his decision making... ie. whether or not he can possibly be in love with someone like her.

A larger than life confession deserves a larger than life response.

@milkokoaI want to quote @40somethingahjumma's write up on the kiss scene, her insights always amaze me and gives me goosebumps. LOL. I'm not forcing you to get behind the WG ship or anything by posting this, I just want to defend the writer and say that the kiss was not "too sudden" and the emotional buildup was there from the beginning. As many have pointed out, since it's not a melodrama, they made it as subtle as possible but it is not very easy to miss. The chocopie scene, the bouquet scene, the sneaky smile, the proud smile, his lovelorn look when she drove off with another guy. It was all there. He repressed his feelings for so long that it's natural for him to burst  open like that. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

@milkokoa no worries, you're not gonna get flak from any of us WG shippers ;) In it afterall should be civil discussions. Though like @leftphalange @kokodus @Vicmrtnz @Doesntmatter and many others had discussed through 200s pages, WG's interactions may be limited, but their romance is nowhere abrupt.

JeongWon is constantly shown to always be out of character whenever he's with GyeoUl. He's multiple times characterized as this wonderful nice and kind human being to the point of earning his 'Buddha' nickname, yet he lashed out easily at GyeoUl (though understandable since she was harsh and too blunt to the mother).. and even after the 'maggot incident', he still can't act 'kind and nice' to her as he is to everyone else. Such distinction in his behavior is shown clearly as deliberation on his part as well. Like she is the only one he cannot be himself around. I would be convinced if he actually didn't have any feelings for her at all if those were the only scenes showed. Yet the director throw in scenes like him noticing GU being BFF and always together with GU, him blanking out at GU being picked up by another guy afterwards in front of the ER entrance (TWICE too), him unintentionally looking at her direction right away when IkJun teasingly called out her name, him kindly and immediately saying yes to take anyone and everyone out to dinner/movie but YangPyeong-ing only GU. These scenes were shown with the clear purpose that at one point, JeongWon started to be very conscious about and started having feelings for GyeoUl. And because of his priest dream, he's scared that once he acted upon such feelings, he will for sure not be able to go for such dream anymore (although it's also shown clearly that his heart and mind would always prioritize the wellbeing of the adorable kids way above the priest dreams). Until he slowly wanted to give up the priest dream in the later episodes (10 and beyond) we're shown with a much more relaxed JeongWon around GyeoUl, comfortably talking to her and about her, relying on her surgery assistance, and trusting her enough to let her lead a surgery (even for this, both the OR nurse AND Prof Hwang from the flashback scene had mentioned that he'd never let anyone do the ped surgery yet he let GyeoUl do). And the rest is like everyone mentioned.

WG's scenes may be limited, but they are nowhere NOT substantial. Every scene about them showed, though slow, strong and clear development and that kiss says it all :) 

IRL shipping only came afterwards. I didn't even know who she was before HP. If it wasn't for that kiss and more BTS/Cam relays and YYS's accidental follow incident, a lot of us won't be shipping them IRL that hard :w00t: Though it's just fun and game. We lots still respect their real life decisions ;) 

and JeongWon-SongHwa is my favorite PLATONIC pair out of the Lacking Five. I love how they can rely and understand each other without the needs to say anything :) 

• Like 7
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 2
8 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

I'm also quite confused as to why SH was very affected with the politician's liver transplant (whose son was IJ's friend). I'm not sure if I missed anything HAHA but I don't recall it being explained? Please let me know because I honestly can’t recall HAHA. To add, they also introduced a new character in the person of the student nurse in the OB dept. All of which builds a complicated context for SH in the next season.

Nice catch on parallelism between YB-HD and SH-JW.

I'm also curious about the parts i quoted above. But knowing that there are lots of things that haven't been revealed yet i keep my curiosity aside.

Another fun thing about HP is that you'll get to see different things when you rewatch. Even after rewatching season 1, once the season 2 starts, we may come back rewatching season 1 and find new discoveries that connect the seasons or see a certain scene in a different perspective.

I'm a bit slow in catching details. I tend to see the bigger picture. Thus i was taken aback when there's a new face (intern Im Chang Min) that seems to be so close to IJ in GU's proposal scene. After that scene he keeps appearing either in scenes related to GS or IJ. Upon rewatching i got to realize that actually he's already introduced way before that scene in details through IJ himself in the early episode. Therefore i think the production team has already introduced some characters for season 2 in season 1.

The moment the student nurse is introduced, we get the indication that she's more than just an ordinary character. The way they shoot her id card, her interaction with SHy and the information about her family background lead to possibility that we'll see her in season 2. It's the same as GU's brother and IJ's legally unregistered married couple patient. The probability of seeing them again is quite high. The actor playing GU's brother is quite famous among young generation. He's one of the famous web drama Love Playlist's main cast. I don't think they'll cast him just to appear few seconds as (mistaken) JW's competitor.

I'm also curious about the politician, his son, and SHy's relationship. Many possibilities crossed my mind. He and SHy could have had bad history. But the news article SHy read about that man is also suspicious. It's about the assault against the caddy girl done by the chairman while playing golf with SHy's dad (cmiiw i just count on my short term memory instead of checking the episode again). It made me wonder whether it's the assault that's important or is it the fact that SHy's dad accompany him. SHy's dad seems to be quite close to the politician seeing how he also helped the politician in getting the donor. There's bad blood between them for sure. Although not clear if it's in a personal level during their college days or elevate into family matter.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Knetz express their wish to see Jo Jungseok and Jeon Mido in Melon Music Awards after look at the charts!

Can a singer who sang drama OST also go to Melon Music Awards if we hears it every year? I want to see Jo Jungseok and Jeon Mido. Their music is really strong.

Netizens comments :

- Jo Jungseok is running for top ten.
    - What??!? ㅎㅎㅎㅎ. Wow. They're really going to get the Top Ten award.

- There's a separate OST award.

- The I-LAND is also amazing ㅋㅋㅋㅋ IU.
   - Two songs are in the top ten.

- Aloha is amazing ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- BLOO and BLACKPINK is awesome.

- They're really amazing...

• Love 4

I didn't mean about wg being abrupt or anything, it's more about they don't have much chemistry with each other. Their love line start very early that one I get it, even Iksong love line only starts at ep 6, 

I guess the kiss is abrupt? and we don't see Jeongwon prior pov so it comes  out as abrupt to me. That's all. If Geoul who initiate the kiss then it's different story but then that rarely happens in kdrmaland 

• Like 1

I just want to share one of my favourite quotes from Hospital Playlist which is maybe quite useful with the current situation:

ezgif-4-56213798d49d.gif

ezgif-4-885a48f53dac.gif

ezgif-4-5404adb7bae0.gif

Maybe time is what we need. And maybe time is what some people need.

To see things that they denied to see.

To understand the story and the message that Production team want to deliver through Hospital Playlist.

To accept the reality.

To respect the fact that not everyone has to agree with you, and you don't have to agree with everyone.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

SHIP SAILING  FLOWER GARDEN IS COMING !! JeongWon-SongHwa  are in love with each other season 2 

Flower Garden shipper’s thread has been set up. Search for it in Shippers Paradise. Please go and do your shipping there instead if you’re not going to discuss about the drama at all. This is the drama’s main thread, not a shipping thread. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Flower Garden shipper’s thread has been set up. Search for it in Shippers Paradise. Please go and do your shipping there instead if you’re not going to discuss about the drama at all. This is the drama’s main thread, not a shipping thread. 

Sorry, I did not want to provoke anyone, since I am in this forum, I always analyze the dramas that I watch,  and i give my opinion, there it was also just excitement nothing to do with the fact of putting everyone agree with me, sorry if this has been misinterpreted

Otherwise can't wait to see season 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Sorry, I did not want to provoke anyone, since I am in this forum, I always analyze the dramas that I watch,  and i give my opinion, there it was also just excitement nothing to do with the fact of putting everyone agree with me, sorry if this has been misinterpreted

Otherwise can't wait to see season 2

No problem at all. I am a shipper too, of many ships in fact, so I know how sometimes I cannot contain the excitement within me. But since a separate shipper’s thread been set up, let’s do the shipping there out of respect to those who may not be a shipper. 

• Like 3

I am not sure if anyone ever discussed this before.  The parallel between kalguksu dinner and the last dinner ep. 12. In the former,  IJ dan SHw barely interacted,  although seated next to each other.  IJ and YSH the two which were not in the three people group talk. 

In the last episode,  IJ and SHw were the main people who lead the conversation, although seating apart.

If you looked again at Jung Wan lunch with Ik Sun,  the song played after Jung Wan replied that he did (mixing noddle)  only for Iksun.  'Because it's you'.  And cue,  the melody. 

The same melody played right after Ikjun indirect morning confession. 

If,  this is if,  Iksun feeling was touched and grew stronger for Junwan after that particular speech,  SHw's might,  too. 

This combo writer and director are smart and clever. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, superspace said:

I just want to share one of my favourite quotes from Hospital Playlist which is maybe quite useful with the current situation:

Maybe time is what we need. And maybe time is what some people need.

To see things that they denied to see.

To understand the story and the message that Production team want to deliver through Hospital Playlist.

To accept the reality.

To respect the fact that not everyone has to agree with you, and you don't have to agree with everyone.

Jong Su is like my spirit animal because that's also how I solve most of my problems hahahahah :lol: 

Speaking of these cute elderlies, what I'd hate to see for the future seasons is that their death may be inevitably written onto the storyline and Its gonna break my heart soooooo much :tears:

Also, JongSu's depression issue wasn't fully resolved or addressed yet, same thing with SeokHyeong's mother's arrythmia :(  I hope sad news wouldn't happen...

And one more thing im still confused at on my NOT-25th-rewatch :phew: for the first episode, during the funeral scene where JunWan asked if IkJun knew something and SongHwa responded no he didn't. What is that 'thing'?????:blink:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-01-at-6-31-26-PM.png 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

During this break, every analysis/fanfic/discussion related to various shipping should be done on their respective threads.

Once season 2 returns, discussion on couples could resume since it is related to season 2.

Meanwhile during this break, in my opinion, we should only discuss their friendship (be in reality or in drama), kinship, any updates on the cast members like what they are doing, anything that is funny/sexy/beautiful related to the cast members and any updates to season 2 in this thread.

For example, JKH is doing a live broadcast today at 8pm KST, I believe it is on Youtube. He had mentioned that he is nervous on his ig when he update the fans on the timing of his live

Below is two Youtube channel, not sure which is his, LMAO

정말이야

정말이야 [Kyungho Jung - OFFICIAL]

• Love 4
  • Awesome 2
On 6/30/2020 at 6:35 PM, KDramaFan0828 said:

To veer away from the usual loveline talks, I’ve had a few thoughts while rewatching and I’m wondering if anyone would have related insights.

I've said this in passing in a separate thread but I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning here as well to possibly get other people's inputs. I don't know if it's just me but I can't help but see Jwon-SHwa in Hongdo-Yunbok. Is it because of Hongdo's simple-mindedness and innocence which gives me the the same vibe with Jeongwon being a pure-hearted manchild? Or maybe I see SHwa's strength and competence in Yunbok's diligence and enthusiastic energy? The scene where Hongdo can't help but cry talking about their mom and when he felt really attached to the baby, as well as all the scenes of Yunbok impressively answering her seniors' questions give off the same vibe as their older counterparts as well (we all know who's Mr. Sensitive and Ms. Achiever). Using the concept of twins narratively was also interesting to me as twins are effective literary instruments to compare and contrast two linked characters and some people have already noted a few similarities between Jwon and SHwa such as how both of them have been very calculating in their actions and both mostly silent with their POV in the first season. Not to mention, and I think most importantly, the mysterious deep bond between twins which may resemble the telepathic friendship between Jwon and SHwa. I haven't really thought about this much but it always crosses my mind while rewatching LOL.

Sorry for cutting your post. Newish member here and first time poster on this thread. I know we don't know each other but by any chance do you have the super power of reading minds of fellow fans? :smiley: 

I'm on a rewatch of Hospital playlist currently and I also noticed the same thing. In fact I had written a small note to post here on the forum.

I had written this before I read your post "Hong Do and Yun Bok are parallels of Jeong Won and Song Hwa. They are soulmates in some ways yet so different. (Edit: This is my definition of soulmates and it doesn't have any romantic connotation :D). The girl is the practical, more studious and emotional on the inside of the two and the brother is the more openly sensitive one. Though they have interacted with all the five, we are shown through their eyes the antics of only Jeong Won (pouting and fretting in the meeting with Seok Hyung) and Song Hwa (crazy dancing in the church)."

But before I could write more I came across your post. You'd already said  what I wanted to and in better words.

One thing I can say for sure. The makers have hit it out of the park with Hospital Playlist. 

This show is like a beautifully written exposition. No matter how many times you read it you find something new every time. The hallmark of a true classic

11 hours ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

And one more thing im still confused at on my NOT-25th-rewatch :phew: for the first episode, during the funeral scene where JunWan asked if IkJun knew something and SongHwa responded no he didn't. What is that 'thing'?????:blink:

That 'thing' is the fact that Ahn Jeong Won's family owns Yulje Hospital. 

Now that you mentioned this scene, isn't it interesting that Song Hwa was so sure that Ik Jun didn't know about it?

I swear this series just keeps me thinking all the time. And it's not even a mystery thriller!! Its like I'm compelled by a voice inside my head to keep discussing Hospital Playlist. I am done for!!

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ~Always~ said:

Sorry for cutting your post. Newish member here and first time poster on this thread. I know we don't know each other but by any chance do you have the super power of reading minds of fellow fans? :smiley: 

I'm on a rewatch of Hospital playlist currently and I also noticed the same thing. In fact I had written a small note to post here on the forum.

I had written this before I read your post "Hong Do and Yun Bok are parallels of Jeong Won and Song Hwa. They are soulmates in some ways yet so different. The girl is the practical, more studious and emotional on the inside of the two and the brother is the more openly sensitive one. Though they have interacted with all the five, we are shown through their eyes the antics of only Jeong Won (pouting and fretting in the meeting with Seok Hyung) and Song Hwa (crazy dancing in the church)."

But before I could write more I came across your post. You'd already said  what I wanted to and in better words.

One thing I can say for sure. The makers have hit it out of the park with Hospital Playlist. 

This show is like a beautifully written exposition. No matter how many times you read it you find something new every time. The hallmark of a true classic

That 'thing' is the fact that Ahn Jeong Won's family owns Yulje Hospital. 

Now that you mentioned this scene, isn't it interesting that Song Hwa was so sure that Ik Jun didn't know about it?

I swear this series just keeps me thinking all the time. And it's not even a mystery thriller!! Its like I'm compelled by a voice inside my head to keep discussing Hospital Playlist. I am done for!!

Hi, Chingu! :lol: Welcome to the thread! And great to hear that I’m not the only one who noticed. For a moment I was thinking that maybe I’ve gone crazy from my multiple rewatches and that I’ve been reading into the parallelisms too much but I can’t help but see it HAHAHA. Appreciate you sharing your own notes. I’ve also wanted to mention how they are soulmates in a way but I’ve avoided to as the term is usually misunderstood to have a romantic connotation, when I really think their deep bond is purely platonic and more of like a brother and sister. Just as how Hongdo and Yunbok were mistaken as a couple and been labeled as soulmates. I agree with fellow Chingu-deul here that their bond is really special which makes it so much more believable that they easily share secrets with each other. Just as how SHwa knew about Gyeoul, Jwon most likely has an idea about the mystery of SHwa’s past :lol: 

And I agree. I find it really enjoyable to analyze this drama. No matter how many times I’ve rewatched, I still notice new nuances I didn’t before. And because of this, I find myself being more mindful of the different elements in and analyzing the other dramas I’m watching now.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Hi, Chingu! :lol: Welcome to the thread! And great to hear that I’m not the only one who noticed. For a moment I was thinking that maybe I’ve gone crazy from my multiple rewatches and that I’ve been reading into the parallelisms too much but I can’t help but see it HAHAHA. Appreciate you sharing your own notes. I’ve also wanted to mention how they are soulmates in a way but I’ve avoided to as the term is usually misunderstood to have a romantic connotation, when I really think their deep bond is purely platonic and more of like a brother and sister. Just as how Hongdo and Yunbok were mistaken as a couple and been labeled as soulmates. I agree with fellow Chingu-deul here that their bond is really special which makes it so much more believable that they easily share secrets with each other. Just as how SHwa knew about Gyeoul, Jwon most likely has an idea about the mystery of SHwa’s past :lol: 

And I agree. I find it really enjoyable to analyze this drama. No matter how many times I’ve rewatched, I still notice new nuances I didn’t before. And because of this, I find myself being more mindful of the different elements in and analyzing the other dramas I’m watching now.

Same Chingu. My thoughts exactly. You really are a mind reader!!

Agree about the romantic connotation attached to soulmates. Most people understand it as that which is a shame because it means so much more than romantic love. Both Song Hwa and Jeong Won can read the other instinctively without a word being said. Fight like brothers and sisters do. I still crack up at the way Jeong Won was furious in the Kalguksu scene at Song Hwa and Jun Wan for eating all the meat. That's such a maknae thing to do.

About Jeong Won knowing about Song Hwa's past...I have a hunch. Will be back to share it later. 

Edited by ~Always~
  • Like 3
  • Love 1