[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

song hwa such super character... i cant help to have major crush on her...and maybe because she had 3 brothers, so she really know how to deal with each guys which make the relationship sty strong without love interest....

song hwa make ik jun realize something with her word..and it also make me and im sure teh viewers with this dialogue 

’what did you do to youself’

and how she mention how happy when she buy all the items cause it kinda rewards...

she open to love and relationships yet not depend on them..she know love will make her live more beautiful so she just go with the flow...but she clear with what she want, that why she dont want to get married...

no wonder even actress like SHB and PSH mention they like chae song hwa character...she just the best

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Dramageek Have i told you lately that i love you (cue Rod Stewart's song). Okay i'm being silly by revealing how old i am through that song.

Anyways i've said this before at winter garden thread but i'll say this again. Thank you and love you!

@triplem sorry for the trouble. You know how thankful we are to you and the other mods right? ;)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

57 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

@Dramageek Have i told you lately that i love you (cue Rod Stewart's song). Okay i'm being silly by revealing how old i am through that song.

Anyways i've said this before at winter garden thread but i'll say this again. Thank you and love you!

@triplem sorry for the trouble. You know how thankful we are to you and the other mods right? ;)

Wow thanks for Ur love @bee_wannabe. I am glad for everyone who appreciate my many long posts with as many gramatical errors. English is not my first language. Maybe our age made us loves all Shinlee works, hehe. Somewhere between 1988, 1994, 1997 and 1999 is my youth full of agony of growing pains. I even have similar radio tape seen at Reply 1988. That's how old I am.

I just can't help to post coz I love Shin PD, Lee Writers and Na PD. All their works, drama and variety all became my escape from the harsh reality of RL, espescially during this Pandemic. So I kinda protective to them...

• Like 3
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Honestly what should I do with all of you? Play nice everyone...there's a thin line between throwing a bit of shade for fun to it becoming a full blown shipping war.   From the start of the drama  till now , I let everyone have their say, as long as they don't break the rules.Behind the scenes I dealt with a number of reports and pms from various ships. Give me a break please....this is going to be two more seasons. 

Please avoid using extra large fonts to get your points across.

Thanks for all your hard work @triplem

I would like to suggest something for the mods to discuss and consider for this thread since there is potential of shipping war to happen. My suggestion probably will get stones thrown at me, but I love this drama too much to let the thread become ugly battlefield of shipping wars. There’s so much more to the drama than just romance/shipping....

Anyway, my suggestion is to make a poll for participants here to vote, roughly the following:

1) lock this thread until airing date of Season 2 is confirmed 

2) thread remains opened but all/any posts that contain only one exclusive ship, for the sake of promoting that ship and that ship only, will be removed without notice (because shipping can and should be done on shippers thread)

Like you said, there are still 2 seasons ahead of us. I think some measures should be taken to keep the thread a conducive place to discuss this wonderful drama as a whole. Not just shipping business. 

• Love 4
  • Awesome 2

x1080

Screen+Shot+2020-06-25+at+8.58.20+PM.png

Original Source (tvN via Naver TV): Our Woo Joo really likes king crab, right? King crab uncle Jung Kyung Ho has arrived

1. [+4126 / -4] No but Lee Ik Joon figured it out but is pretending like he doesn't know right now

2. [+3186 / -1] Our Woo Joo likes Egg Drop but eventually became a model for McDonald's ^^ (t/n: Kim Joon came out in a McDonald's commercial! So cuteeeee)

3. [+2553 / -4] At that rate, I see it as Lee Ik Joon already caught on ㅌㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+2459 / -3] Ik Soon carrying the child is really, really stable 
↪ [+403 / -0] She might be a mother in real life
↪ [+231 / -0] Because she has a child..

5. [+2287 / -7] Real mom force is coming off of actress Kwak Sun Young-nim ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
↪ [+327 / -1] She's a real mom! I heard she got married and has a child ㅎㅎ

S036167775.jpg

Screen+Shot+2020-06-25+at+9.14.48+PM.png

Original Source (tvN via Naver TV): Jung Kyung Ho ♡ Kwak Sun Young, the lovey dovey spot where they're caught red-handed by Jo Jung Suk?!

1. [+3908 / -4] I think Lee Ik Joon knows ㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2460 / -17] Lee Ik Joon purposely left them - Ik Joon x Song Hwa, let's become sweet too 

3. [+2430 / -5] Lee Ik Joon figured it out ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He came in on purpose ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Dr. Joon Wan, stop cleaning the floors..ㅎ  

4. [+2122 / -3] He didn't go out, huh ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Didn't he just close and open the door ㅋㅋㅋ??? 

5. [+1990 / -4] At this rate, Lee Ik Joon knows but he's pretending that he doesn't, right? ㅋㅋ

cr. ddoboja

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

On 6/25/2020 at 9:56 AM, Periwinkle said:

I think so too.I remember Kim Dae Myung reveal that he especially excited on 1st episode of season 2.Maybe he come and eat with Chu Min Ha??

While YYS also reveals the ending of season 1 is his fave.Does make sense?

@Periwinkle

YYS is the best when it comes to fanservice .:tounge_xd:

@pororo27

I love your post.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I have started a shipping thread for Flower Gardeners.  For those lurking here and wanting a safe space to talk about our ship, that’s where I will be during the hiatus.  I don’t want to starting any wars.  :)

• Like 2

@40somethingahjumma    and  @sillyvivian_yo89 

posts made me start thinking about the possibility the final candidates for SongHwa to be the first two ones.

IJ and SeokHyeong.It started with them in early episodes of S1 and I find it very viable to end the circle

with the same people.

I never considered Chihong as a candidate for SHwa.He insists too much and SongHwa's personality is to feel independent.

JeongWon belongs with Gyeoul  and Gyeoul with Jeong Won..They are made for each other , they complete each other, they balance each other and we love seeing them learning the dating rules together!

For me S1 was about their blooming love ,S2 dating with the ups and downs and some decisions that need to be taken mainly from Gyeoul's career and S3 will be marriage.

Slowly , i try not coming often in threads related with HP and my favorite WGarden couple because I need to move on .

I lost count how many times I re watch the series , especially the wintergarden moments I know them by heart.

Praying S2 to start early in 21.

• Like 4
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

@40somethingahjumma    and  @sillyvivian_yo89 

posts made me start thinking about the possibility the final candidates for SongHwa to be the first two ones.

IJ and SeokHyeong.It started with them in early episodes of S1 and I find it very viable to end the circle

with the same people.

I never considered Chihong as a candidate for SHwa.He insists too much and SongHwa's personality is to feel independent.

JeongWon belongs with Gyeoul  and Gyeoul with Jeong Won..They are made for each other , they complete each other, they balance each other and we love seeing them learning the dating rules together!

For me S1 was about their blooming love ,S2 dating with the ups and downs and some decisions that need to be taken mainly from Gyeoul's career and S3 will be marriage.

Slowly , i try not coming often in threads related with HP and my favorite WGarden couple because I need to move on .

I lost count how many times I re watch the series , especially the wintergarden moments I know them by heart.

Praying S2 to start early in 21.

@kiklaminHo i aggree with you.Now i realize I've been watching HP for almost a month now hahaha.Wintergarden is Wintergarden.Im rooting on your speculations.I mean on season 2 for sure they have so many things to patch up.During season 1 they were just a mere colleague.Their greetings are very casual.Except on episode 11 that they really sit down and talk to each other. And that is what im excited hahaha.I dont want to picture it but cant imagine it. If they date i will scream my heart out hahaha

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

JeongWon, at first, seemed like a great contender too but as the story progresses, he strayed further and further away from the ‘race’, while staying true to his caring/empathetic character. You want to argue that he’s always the first one to jump to her rescue (realizing something may be wrong with her when she asked everyone to go to dinner to reveal the health scare and at the kalguksu dining, giving her relief patch, etc.) those are cute gestures and ‘foreshadowing’ gestures IF AND ONLY IF he only does that to SongHwa. But NO. JeongWon’s caring/intuitive character is shown CONSISTENTLY with all his friends, not just SongHwa. JeongWon was also the first one to notice JunWan dating again (and giving JunWan the ketchup before him even asking for it in ep 3’s lunch scene in her office), the first one to notice something not right with IkJun (karaoke scene) despite him being hella alcohol-induced wasted,  he brought essential things/ toiletries for SeokHyeong at his father’s funeral. When JeongWon confides in SongHwa about his decision to not be a priest anymore and also when he confessed about DDL program and wants her to take over can be interpreted as the most ‘romance-like’ interaction IF taken out of context. But why would he choose her out of anyone else? Because she’s the most reliable candidate that actually listens/cares about the patients beyond surgeries. IkJun cares too but he doesn’t strike JWon as someone reliable enough for such a big program. JunWan, though also care and considerate for his patients, won’t go above and beyond to care about financial hardship; he only focuses on saving the patients instead. SeokHyeong has his own problem and hardships to take care of that he may not have the right mindset and time for it either. So that leaves only SongHwa. She’s also known as their emotional pillar. From the ‘99 year until the present, there’s not one time where it shows JeongWon looking at SongHwa in the way lovers would. To the point that it’s not just oh it can still happen, he’s the only apparent character that would not and will not ever fall in love with SongHwa out of the Lacking Five Boys.

Don't forget we also have ChiHong. Though his attempt to be transferred to Sokcho to be with her is childish and not well-received by the audience, it just shows how much he wants to be with her. To be honest, if she had met him outside and NOT in the hospital setting where she’s taking a mentor role to him, there’s a very high likelihood that she would agree to date him!! 

It’s true we have yet learned about SongHwa’s POV and feelings. But one thing for sure is it will NOT be JeongWon. It CANNOT be JeongWon. Their connection was never set to be about Romance.

I totally agree with you that JeongWon does not have any special feeling for SongHwa. She just like all other boys in the fives

When SongHwa announced her sickness and said that she will get the result tomorrow morning, JeongWon cared for her verbally as JunWan did. SeokHyeng called her very soon in the morning to check up and Ik Jun came with her to the doctor room even though he had a white night before. 

When Ik Jun told that GyeWool was in the ER because of allergic affection, and she was fine by the time, JeongWon lost his mind and run to the ER.

Let's not forget about the small hint writer put into

EOvL3sp.jpg

I have feeling that the person SongHwa liked in the past was JeongWon.

In Ep2, SongHwa is the main vocal to sang "Introduce me a nice person"

wpQDjHK.jpg

qC9umas.jpg

And she repeated that line in the car

Spoiler

evLIBsb.jpg

And she did it exactly the same to JeongWon. She put her head to his shoulder whose has a nice hand (and soft too)

Spoiler

XCpFpwS.jpg

9QM3W7p.jpg

I dont think this is just a coincidence. No no no 

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1

Hi, new member here. Just wanna add my 2 cents. We really don't know if song hwa liked jwon or Ijun or jwan. We clearly don't have her POV at the moment. Even the actress herself doesn't know who her first love is because she is only told to act this way or that way.. even IF she had an idea, she might have been told by the writer not to reveal anything so as not to spoil the viewers. We can keep guessing until season2 starts. But the thing is, even if she liked Ijun/jwon, she didn't do anything about it because she values their friendship more than anything. If others will insist that she will make her move on season2, I hope the writer will do it with Justice that will go hand in hand with the flow of the story, and not paint her as someone who loved her bff (jwon) secretly. Because that would just be mean and defies logic. And the entire values learned from her in season1 would be useless. I highly doubt the writer will do it anyway, because they already created and resolved the love line of jwon thru Gw's confession and he answered it with a kiss and hug. so why would they put him (jwon) in a love triangle with song hwa who is already in a love triangle with chi hong and ikJun? Thats just too absurd and weird and foolish. We don't have access to the line of thinking of the writer..we can't read minds. We can only guess, assume, speculate, find clues, but we have to use LOGIC and COMMON SENSE as well. 

Another thing. I wanna know if there is a significance with the frog hands of ikJun in ep8. Remember, songhwa was the one who treated him when he accidentally burned his fingers.. does that have to do with the line of the song introduce me a good person? She basically held his hand. Compared to Jwon who we saw applied lotion on his hand, that was just like 2seconds but the frog hands was like 3mins? It was whole scene. Was it just for comedy purpose? I just wanna know your thoughts about this if it will have any bearing with iksong loveline. 

Anyway, to each his own..I ship wg so hard. If I am the writer, I won't wreck something I have beautifully built in season 1 just for the sake of twist or troll, regardless if I still have to write 2 more seasons for it.. I would rather develop the story further to make it a more memorable love story that took place in a hospital setting. A love story that will be remembered for a long time. 

Edited by Doesntmatter
  • Like 6
  • Love 8

I should add that it's very premature to be pairing Jeong-won with any other female character when his dating relationship with Gyeo-ul has only just begun. That needs to run its course first before there can be any kind of credible discussion about "other women". The poor guy has been through so much just to get to this point and apparently even liplocking and skinship are not sufficient proof of his sincerity to change the trajectory of his life with the one woman who has ever turned his head. 

Anyway, it's time for me to move on to other dramas. This dead horse has been flogged long enough.

• Like 12
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2