[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

37 minutes ago, Sorary said:

could it be means certain scene had been record for plot lien storie but not showing in the season 1...the reason why shb/mido/eun jin mention that even tough the reading the script and film but the cut make the plot line more strong or related

Could be possible. Praying that they already filmed the aftermath of the peck scene. LOL.

Also Jan 6 is only a tentative date, i think it will get delayed a little bit. But i'm happy that it is not going to be in June 2021 as the early rumors said.

• Like 4

I say, I might need an explaantion for that video. Were they both in that drama? He obviously died by why and by whom? And she had an injured face too. What happened to both their characters?

Well it only shows they are good actors. The characters personalities are obviously so different. Their expressions are so different showing they are a different person in that drama.  The vibes being given off is amazing to see. Not even remotely tempted to compare the 4 people inhabited by 2 actors.

16 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I say, I might need an explaantion for that video. Were they both in that drama? He obviously died by why and by whom? And she had an injured face too. What happened to both their characters?

No.  Fan made video (WinterGardener) blending different characters from totally different dramas.  YYS’s character was in the blockbuster Mr Sunshine.  He played a Japanese character.  I haven’t watched it.  But I get the feeling he had a thing for Kim TaeRi’s character AeShin.  She was divine.

This is the real thing (I put it in a spoiler coz it’s not exactly on topic)

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pororo27 said:

I listened to their lines & followed the story. Taek was honest about his feelings & was so sure of DS. That's why he's the husband.

maybe for them because jeong won and song hwa look good together...

it the same when i tought jung pal gonna end up with deok sun..and then i focus to much on only jungpal side how his feeling towards hers..and in almost the end i start not watch live drama but just recap and only watch jung pal and deuk sun video and assume it clear they both like each other...but i stay aways from the drama and soompi forum cause i think i believe what i see...then cause one of my fav song is there as ost lee jun dont wories...almost half year or maybe years laters i decide to rewatch the drama back without any attention to ship but just for the fun of drama...and like you said, the writer team had clear plot who gonna end up with who...it so clear that why deuk son like taek and he became the husband...its not jung pal feeing was not real, in some where along the line they could had intrest with each others...but taek take the action...

same with HP, even jeong won might had feeling towards song hwa early, i still the end game will be winter garden..why because geul wol open the door for jeong won to take action and their journey start together...

same goes with ikjun and song hwa, cause ik jun make fools move his stories and song hwa end ups as a friends...but this times he was given another chance..so he take the moves..so what’s different between ik jun and jeong won??? simple..as mama rosa mention - why song hwa not liking her perfect son..show very clear that what song hwa felt towards jeong won...rather she always had soft sport love for ik jun and a reason why she blushing when ik jun confess what make him happy is to spend and eat with her.

But no matter what it said, if the individual it self refuse to see in different light, no matter how big the answer given...they will only focus on what they want to believe..i said this as it is from my experience

• Like 9
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, pororo27 said:

Hi, nrlee. I'm really curious about your theories. But are we just going to watch the drama based on meticulous details? I think that symbolisms exist to complement the narrative/scenes, otherwise, they are distractions.

I watched R88 & 'guessed' that Taek was the husband not because of the packages or mugs or any symbolisms that seemed evident (I was actually surprised during the HPS1 run that there are things like these circling around the duo's works) back then, but because I watched the characters' interactions among them. I listened to their lines & followed the story. Taek was honest about his feelings & was so sure of DS. That's why he's the husband.

Going back to HP...

Let's say your theories & depth understanding of the duos works are right -- & we're gearing towards the Songhwa-JWon route, how do we get there given that the S1 finale ended with multiple confirmations from JWon's end that he likes Gyeol (i.e., kiss scenes, ER flashbacks), too? Are we saying that somewhere in S2, he'll suddenly flip, break up with Gyeol then run after Songhwa? It doesn't make sense. To add, Songhwa & Jwon were both single all their lives (though there were times that Songhwa was in a relationship) -- the point is, they have the opportunities to be together. Is it because of the priest thing? If we use this argument, then it's actually the point. Jwon never doubted his intentions to become a priest despite Songhwa's presence in his life for the past 20 years. So it's pretty weird that he'll have Gyeol (who's one of the major reasons why he finally abandoned his priest dreams), then he'll leave her for Songhwa. I mean, it's still a drama but we all have to agree that it still has to have logic. 

I'm not here to fight, nrllee. Seriously, I'd just like to hear your thoughts. 

I don’t want to discuss in public because it will only get people all riled up.  No point doing that during the hiatus.  I will PM you my reply.  :)

• Off-Topic 1
  • LOL 1

Hello! :) The past few weeks after Hospital Playlist made me sad because I couldn't find another drama that I liked just as much. It was only when It's Okay to Not Be Okay that I started to step out of that massive drama hang-over! Anyway, in between the release of IOTNBO and the ending of HP, I had some time to think about the implications of having a second season.

Like all of you (and the HP cast), I'm overjoyed. I've grown attached to these characters. All this time, I think having a second season is a good thing, and then I tried to look at it from another perspective. In a way, the actors/actresses are taking a risk by committing to a second (and possibly third) season. For the public viewers, who they are as an actor/actress becomes associated with the role that they play. For example, while I was watching the other works of Shin Hyun-been/bin (because I became a massive fan), I found it difficult to dissociate her from Dr. Jang. The same goes for Jo Jong-suk, Yoo Yeon-seok, and Jung Kyung-ho. 

Letting go of a character, especially one that is as memorable as the one created by our dear PD and writer, is not as easy as it sounds. I found it tough to dissociate Ik-jun from Hwa-sin, for example. Since fans are expecting a new season, it's a struggle to not associate them with the HP characters they are portraying.  It's kind of like what happens in western series (for example Ellen Pompeo is Meredith Grey). So when Pompeo appears as another character in another show, I just end up thinking 'Ah it's Dr. Grey'.

Anyway, I hope you guys are safe and well :) I just wanted to share my experience after the drama slump I've experienced for almost a month. Thank goodness there are a lot of good dramas to keep us occupied before the second season airs. Stay safe!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Shin PD had a newest interview - pretyy much he confirmed that the work he is doing right now is pretty straigthforward. noT like reply series as before.. he mentioned that the staff still distrusts his words

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

What are you guys going to do if after 8 to 10  months of speculations everything that is said does not happen? I mean I don't know how many predictions came through since shipping is a hope. And only a hope. I have a very, very basic expectation. I would like to see Ahn CH because realisticslly not everyone will stay. 

I must say you guys have stamina. I am not really following any shows right now or at least with as much obsession. But revising some Korean is keeping me busy at least. My government said no overseas travel for at least a year so its going to be a long time before we can travel to South Korea. I am getting more antsy now to visit than for the drama. 

• Like 1

@ck1Oz I guess predictions and revisiting the episodes makes the wait for season 2 a bit bearable. I can't speak for all wintergardeners, with the theories and shipping, at least we'd be able to expect a continuation to the story. Production would not start season 2 with wintergardeners spliting up. It's potential that in the beginning of season 2, the two ended up not taking any action since the two are inexperienced in love and dating so we are back to square one and we'd then start watching how things will develop. However, I do not believe the production would completely twist the story in season 2 and 3 from the foundation laid in season 1. 

In all honesty, wintergardeners shipped because we followed the story as it is from the words, the facial expressions, without reading into too much of other objects or based on our own preference - so even if the story ended up going a different turn from the speculations, we'd still be able to follow and accept the story. I believe the writer would still provide us with some explanations or events leading up to a complete change in story. 

All that said, of course keep expectations low and believe in writer's integrity.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

How to love a strong independent woman?  (cr - Dinosaur Ridge Tumbler)

a25bcb92cb8821f5bdf1b06e414f05a930866722

Who can set up a tent all by herself.  In the heavy rain. 

4e5f17d53cdbdd559195e41c886d6f3ab4c44ef5

Who upon discovery of a breast lump, got a biopsy done on her own.

843f6a346874a5bf83fb567016537b45a44b8abc

Who is well respected in her professional life.

Spoiler

6fb9fb0a5995dc6da73ed65d9edef53f47140ebe

DO Make sure her opinion is heard during group talks

4f14046515f49d68aa4594407bc7d82716d2e6dc

DO ask for her explicit consent 

9f86ede54ee040a1ef207caff472a4818f2660a4

DON’T patronize her.

2df5cf00567582e54c2a881776c4585e5871c00a

DON’T question her way of living her own life.

At the end of the day, there really are very few things that such a strong independent woman cannot handle on her own.

Hence, loving her is not about what you want to do for her.

48416f9a5bae855667dea3d8dbd5c13aa01ffff6

It’s about what she lets you do for her. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Off-Topic 3
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Flower Garden? Are you talking about Song Hwa and Jung Won

why are you here @stroppyse?!? This thread is full of spoilers and other unwanted distractions. It's better you first watch all the eps before venturing out into these threads. Lol. Good luck on figuring out what Flowergarden means.....LOL. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Flower Garden? Are you talking about Song Hwa and Jung Won?

Yes. You are correct. I binged watched the show before participating in the thread so I pretty much drew my own conclusions from my viewing experience. It’s a really heartwarming show about five doctor friends, their patients and their lives.

@triplem, we’re sorry for causing trouble. :sweatingbullets:

• Love 2

35 minutes ago, Arajo81 said:

Anyone else rooting for these two in Season 2 since Wintergarden is now confirmed  :)?

I am (I like flowers in the garden more) but I would like to keep an open mind as who knows this winter garden might grow on me later on. 

First of, I hope this thread is not just for certain shippers only and other like myself can also have share without people making a joke out of our post just because we interpret differently.

I just finished watching HP and so far I enjoyed watching all 12 episodes! It's well thought of and full of heart! The hospital's inside dramas tugged my heart a few times as cases like those exist in real setting. I am sure irregardless who they'll end up with in the end I will watch this drama again because of the slice of life they added  and the songs they incorporated as well. Very good combination!

My question ... are these pairing already set in stone as we still 1 or 2 more seasons to go? The people behind this drama are known for pulling out surprises at the end. What if those obvious things right now may just be in placed to keep something "less obvious" obscured until it's time.  For one, Song-Hwa's real feeling is still veiled and IkJ is  waiting for her reply. JW's a very empathic person so I question his true feelings for GW. JWan relationship with IkS started smooth sailing until the distance separated them (Did anyone see that coming?). And SH is still unmoved despite Minha's persistence. At the end of the season,  everyone's love line is still hanging except for JWan and GW's (but then it only take a dream sequence or something-else for it to crumble down also). It's too early to gloat and too early sigh as I feel their relationships are still evolving, some moving forward, some falling apart and others staying the same in the first season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

What are you guys going to do if after 8 to 10  months of speculations everything that is said does not happen?

The fun is in the guessing.  It’s a game for me.  :lol:  If the speculation doesn’t come true what does it matter?  I had a lot of fun making up the theories?  It’s like dissecting Shakespeare or a classic novel.  The more you read, the more you pick up.  And this duo is well known for putting in clues (they said so themselves).  That’s why there are so many theories out there amongst Knetizens too.  Like any disease diagnosis.  You work out your differentials from cursory examination.  Then order tests to build your case or work out which to eliminate. 

Win or lose it matters little.  It’s the process of guessing that’s the fun.  If my theories are wrong in the end, I go back and take a look at where I got it wrong and learn.  So that when the game comes around again next time (there’s 3 in the Wise Living Series yeah?  This is number 2), I will be in a better position to get it right.  That’s just how I roll.  What do you do when you get a diagnosis wrong?  You work back to see where you took a misstep so you come out as a better diagnostician next time?  Always learning.  It’s all about the learning.  :)

• Like 2
  • Off-Topic 1