[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

But the one who actually came.....:wub:Image

Wait where was Jeong won when this happened?  Ahhhh that's right, he was busy doing surgeries with Gyeoul......:w00t:

Coming back to Ikjun....HE ALWAYS SHOW UP.  He doesnt say a word but he still shows up whenever she needed him

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

But the one who actually came.....:wub:

Wait where was Jeong won when this happened?  Ahhhh that's right, he was busy doing surgeries with Gyeoul......:w00t:

Coming back to Ikjun....HE ALWAYS SHOW UP.  He doesnt say a word but he still shows up whenever she needed him

“If he likes you, he would have came” - Dr Chu Min Ha

That’s why Jwon ran to the ER when IJ said Gewoul fainted out.

That’s why IJ came to here the result with SH.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

As for Jeong won's financial situation, I hope Mama Rosa help him out. LOL. I can imagine him spending their date money on DLL program and GU had to compromise and stick with Tteokbokki or ramen. LOL. I think JWan should move out of their apartment to give the lovebirds some alone time. LOL. 

It's the under way around, Jeong Won needs to move out and find a place of his own.  It is afterall Jun Wan's place.   :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

You know as someone who cannot read Hangul, I am actually open to all theories and all ships. Maybe something lost on translation, I probably don't catch several clues due to language and cultural barrier. 

I am not surprise if it turned out that Andrea or Jun Wan did have crush on Song Hwa in their younger day. We haven't seen enough their flashback yet (What happen in Hawai). But first crush in rl was not always a big deal, coz you moved on. Your past relationship that matter the most, wont always be your first love/crush. Like what happen with Seokhyung, he was definitely moved on from Song Hwa. The past that scar him was his ex wive.

I don't mind if flower garden happen, they were cute together. I also find that Ik-jang pairing will be cute, coz this kind of scenario where you become cupid, then you realise that you want the girl for yourself is a familiar plot in drama. So I didn't just write other possibilities off. What irks me were the characters assasination that happen just because. (Directed to GU, IJ, and finally JW).

ShinLee always write a good and memorable mom character. Interesting that the only moms appeared in season 1 were Andrea's mom and Seokhyung mom. Both Audrey and Rosa saw Song Hwa as an ideal daugther in law figure. So for both Andrea and Seokhyung, I did think mom card will play a big factor. The girl for them must get along with their moms and got their moms approval.

So when someone had this premise, that Rosa was the leader of team flower garden and there's no way Ikjun (team winter garden captain) will win over mom, I kinda agree. Only after I saw that scene: Rosa begged Winter to ask Andrea to stay, I believed that that winter garden couple will be the end game not only for season 1 but also the next two upcoming seasons. Coz mom not only bought winter garden stocks, she bet like her entire assets (hope and dream) into winter garden ship. Mom and Ikjun are now in the same team.

You can say that I am more on mom team rather than any other ship, I am happy if mom Rosa happy (she were already given her other four children to God, so she had every right to be selfish in Andrea case). I did think that God let mom got what she wanted this time. Snowy White Christmas Eve kiss = a sign that even God approve. If you are an asian drama veteran like me, you'll know that cristmas kiss is a classic thrope: the OTP are meant to be. ShinLee did not make ordinary K-Drama, but they use first snow-chrismast trope before: remember Sunwoo and Bora? No wonder their theme song are the same.

Note: other thing. I was even wrong about the ER nurse. I thought she was one of Winter competitor, in flash back we saw that she was probably a winter garden shipper coz she saw Andrea agony in front of ER. So I don't mind if some of my theories while watching this drama were hit or miss. I am not a decective or a drama critics. I also don't know Shinlee personally, I am just a fan, so I definitely cannot read their mind and how will they direct their story. I am just having fun with my interpretation, If i am proven wrong I don't mind owning my mistake.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 4
  • Insightful 4

6 hours ago, Dramageek said:

You know as someone who cannot read Hangul, I am actually open to all theories and all ships. Maybe something lost on translation, I probably don't catch several clues due to language and cultural barrier. 

I am not surprise if it turned out that Andrea or Jun Wan did have crush on Song Hwa in their younger day. We haven't seen enough their flashback yet (What happen in Hawai). But first crush in rl was not always a big deal, coz you moved on. Your past relationship that matter the most, wont always be your first love/crush. Like what happen with Seokhyung, he was definitely moved on from Song Hwa. The past that scar him was his ex wive.

I don't mind if flower garden happen, they were cute together. I also find that Ik-jang pairing will be cute, coz this kind of scenario where you become cupid, then you realise that you want the girl for yourself is a familiar plot in drama. So I didn't just write other possibilities off. What irks me is the characters assasination that happen just because.

ShinLee always write a good and memorable mom character. Interesting that the only moms appeared in season 1 were Andrea's mom and Seokhyung mom. Both Audrey and Rosa saw Song Hwa as an ideal daugther in law figure. So for both Andrea and Seokhyung, I did think mom card will play a big factor. The girl for them must get along with their moms and got their moms approval.

So when someone had this premise, that Rosa was the leader of team flower garden and there's no way Ikjun (team winter garden captain) will win over mom, I kinda agree. Only after I saw that scene: Rosa begged Winter to ask Andrea to stay, I believed that that winter garden couple will be the end game not only for season 1 but also the next two upcoming seasons. Coz mom not only bought winter garden stocks, she bet like her entire assets (hope and dream) into winter garden ship. Mom and Ikjun are now in the same team.

You can say that I am more on mom team rather than any other ship, I am happy if mom Rosa happy (she were already given her other four child to God, so she had every right to be selfish in Andrea case). I did think that God let mom got what she wanted this time. Snowy White Christmas Eve kiss = a sign that even God approve. If you are an asian drama veteran like me, you'll know that cristmas kiss is a classic thrope: the OTP are meant to be. ShinLee did not make ordinary K-Drama, but they use first snow-chrismast trope before: remember Sunwoo and Bora? No wonder their theme song is the same.

Note: other thing. I was even wrong about the ER nurse. I thought she was one of Winter competitor, in flash back we saw that she was probably a winter garden shipper coz she saw Andrea agony in front of ER. So I don't mind if some of my theories while watching this drama were hit or miss. I am not a decective or a drama critics. I also don't know Shinlee personally, I am just a fan, so I definitely cannot read their mind and how will they direct their story. I am just having fun with my interpretation, If i am proven wrong I don't mind owning my mistake.

Hawaii even is mentioned 3 times:

- ep 1 in the VIP ward signing contract of the fives, Jwon acknowlege us about it. IJ and SH are there by the time but they have no idea about it

- ep ** when Jwon tries to tease JWon again in SHwa office, IJ, SHwa was there and dont know about it too, they try ti guess what was happened, they only know that JWan was in Hawaii for a month after he finish his pHD test (or something)

- ep ** when JWan talks with Ik Sun in the dining table at his/her house. JWan says that only JWon and Ik Sun know what happened, dont tell it to Ik Jun because he will tease forever.

In ep4, Jun Wan asks Ik Sun out before the toast truck, he said “I did said I like you, did’nt I? Let’s dating with me”. When did he said it before????

I have a feeling that the Hawaii even is relate to Piegon  couple. :rolleyes:

I am standing in Jwon ship all the time, he happy I happy (this is Chilbong trauma affected to me) I also standing in mom ship, there’re just so many reason to love her, I always feel delighted at her part, I wish I can grow old like that. And last I standing in Gewoulri ship, coolest princess ever. She is hardworking, self respect, she knows how to work and how to play. She looks serious but she know how to tease people too. It is perfect for me to have Winter Garden endgame forever

• Love 1

tbh, i can't see WG coming until i read about all your theories :joy:

i'm just a normal fan watching a drama happily...even the chocopie scene i just watch it without much thinking, pabo me!

other ship, i just read it without much concern as i don't think the PD+Writer team is that cruel and heartless to add some makjang when some already fixed. i know we can expect something to happen/change in next season....but fuhhhh :neutral: that'll be so unexpected. 

anyway, just be happy with the drama without too much stress ok?   :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, kokodus said:

As for Jeong won's financial situation, I hope Mama Rosa help him out. LOL. I can imagine him spending their date money on DLL program and GU had to compromise and stick with Tteokbokki or ramen. LOL. I think JWan should move out of their apartment to give the lovebirds some alone time. LOL. 

Don't worry JWon won't need to give up his money anymore for DLL because IJ will take care of it and do more surgeries so that his daughter Gyeoul can go on happy dates with his best friend :D

Aigoo...from the start they've repeatedly given emphasis that a man caring for a woman and vise-versa doesn't necessarily imply romance between them. :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

It’s the little things.  PD Shin is meticulous with props and detail.  IS and JunWan.  IS heading to UK to study.

Union Jack flag in JunWan/JeongWon’s office.

D860-BEC7-B64-D-429-D-AE14-8509-CA8-B237

SongHwa’s character description says this

The only pleasure for SongHwa is going alone and camping in peaceful nature.  Someday buying a cool camping car and going on a nationwide tour, that are SongHwa’s small dreams.

voila...VW Combivan...Campervan... :wub:

0-CDB1115-5-AE2-4-BFD-8-B01-BF0985950609

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Regarding Songhwa's first love, here is her character description:

No love can win against Song Hwa wishes to save the patients’ life. Of course she had a first love. At the age of 20 years-old, that time when the youth of the year burned Song Hwa with love. After that, she has no particular memory about dating or sad farewell.Song Hwa life hospital, patient and thesis! With these 3, her life is perfect.

From these lines, we can assume that eventhough Songhwa is comfortable with her single life and seems already moved on from her first love, but deep inside she still treasure "her first love" as precious memory & unforgettable experience.

Now, let's take a look the theory about Jeongwon was Songhwa's first love. If it is true, then we can assume that it is Songhwa's one-side love, because based on Jeongwon's arc in Season 1, no girl in his 20s-40s that can shake off his dream of being priest until he met Gyeowool. If Shin-Lee want to go to this direction, what is the narrative purpose that Shin-Lee want to tell (especially since both Jeongwon & Gyeowool already reciprocated their feelings)? Does this also make Songhwa's character becomes a bit pitiful, because she can't forget her one-side love in 20 years? I doubt Shin-Lee will turn this route for a wonderful & independent character like Songhwa.

At least if Ikjun was Songhwa's first love, we can understand why Songhwa treasure it as her precious memory because it seems both of them were already in "some" status before Ikjun cancelled his confession to Songhwa in their 20s. It seems both Songhwa & Ikjun acknowledged their feelings for each other in the past, but the timing was not on their side (Ikjun give up for the sake of his friendship with Seokhyung), which made their love didn't have chance to blossom and both of them decided to stay as best friends. And now in their 40s, Ikjun got his 2nd chance to confess his love for Songhwa, though I'm not sure if Songhwa still has the same feeling for Ikjun, but at least we can see the narrative purpose of their lovelines. Whatever the ending (whether they become a couple or stay as best friends),  I can (kind of) capture the message that Shin-Lee want to show about their love story. 

Side Note: 
This is just merely my interpretation as viewer and I can be wrong because only Shin-Lee know what the story direction for Season 2 :)

• Like 7
  • Love 7