[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

4 hours ago, JungRok said:

Yes. I think Yulje is not in Seoul area. I try rewatch to understand the location of the hospital. At 1st epi, Jun wan and Jeongwon works at Gangwoon-do Hospital. It is probably in Gangwoon Province. 

Jeongwon visits Yangpyeong regularly, i think he is nearby to Yangpyeong. 

Yulje location could be in the suburban area close to Seoul. Namyangju? Hanam? I try to understand the location tho. I recheck through Naver Maps - Sokcho is 3 hours from Seoul. 

For IkJun, his dedication to go to Sokcho which at the other side of S. Korea, is truly shows his love for SongHwa

Yulje is actually in Seoul.

In ep 6, Ikjun said that he loved Seoul so much that’s why he would spent all of his day off in the city

In ep 10, Dr. Cheon Myeong Tae said to the chaebol girl that she needn’t to take her grandma to Seoul (Yulje) because there was a good hospital in her place (Ilsan)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, ryanallright said:

I am watching the translated press conference now because I am bored :joy:

Finally found the fully translated of the press conference before its premiere 

Where is it????

On 6/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, kokodus said:

When Jeong won wants to get everyone onboard for the band practise in the first ep, he didn't mind using Songhwa eventhough he knew she can't sing well. Ofcourse it's just between them friends, but Ikjun still didn't want Songhwa to humiliate herself in front of others. If this isnt love, then I don't know what is. 

Jeong won-ah why are you being like this?  Songhwa really wants to rely on you but you are going behind her back like this? :sweatingbullets:

IkJun, on the other hand....:wub:

This is not the face of someone who encourages her singing talent....sigh. 

And lastly, even Jeong won knows Ikjun is the one who is truly looking out for her...

Hide contents

My guess is that Jeong won already knows about Songhwa and IkJun's past. Even in 10th ep during the cigarette convo, when Ikjun said, "Don't end up like me and regret it later" Jeong won looked up like he knew exactly what he was talking about. But the only thing that bothers me is that Jeong won is the one who set up IkJun's ex wife with him, so if he knew about them, shouldn't he try to matchmake their two friends together. LOL. Maybe he only knew one side of the story...?! 

This scene also make me think it was not jeong won for song hwa..then i start guesing it gonna be jung wan as i tought ik jun was married..

but if im not mistake his dialogue was ‘even she was my friend’ right??? it not like he officially introduced her to him or directly match maker them

but it could be like you said jeong won only known one side storie..

it ok for me if the next season will be fast paced as long it does make sense..again i put trust on shin pd team and lee writer team, their project always be highlight the major things which is life..altough we might want to see their love stories more but the side stories of the ptient and others residents will warm our heart

• Like 3
  • Love 1

OSEN | 2020. 06. 17.

Beauty from "Hospital Playlist" confirms participation in Netflix's zombie film

836FDBD4-C990-414D-AF56-E17E6B0961E6.jpg

After showing passionate acting in the drama  "Hospital Playlist" (tvN), rookie actress Cho Yi Hyun will continue to star in the drama "Now At Our School" (Netflix).

On June 17, according to some insiders, Cho Yi Hyun is expected to act in the Netflix series "Now At Our School".

Adapted from a same-name Naver webtoon, "Now At Our School" revolves around stories of kids being stuck at a school in the world where zombie viruses are spreading and those who want to rescue them.

Spoiler

B912FFD3-F33C-487D-8CE7-AC4759909DA3.jpg

Right after the serialization started in 2009, the webtoon became a hot topic to the point it topped the favorite Wednesday publication chart. Author Joo Dong Geun also received favorable reviews thanks to animated drawings and excellent storyline development. The film adaptation this time is taken charge by director Lee Jae Kyu of "The King 2 Hearts", "Beethoven Virus" of MBC, and the movies "The Fatal Encounter", "Intimate Strangers", etc.

In particular, through the drama "Hospital Playlist" that just finished airing on May 28, Cho Yi Hyun has been recognized for his solid acting skills. Playing the role of Jang Moon Bok, Cho Yi Hyun has left a strong impression on the public with a tough, brave image.

Making a debut in 2017, Cho Yi Hyun has gradually accumulated her acting experience through her participation in not only web dramas, independent films but also dramas like "Less Than Evil", "My Country: The New Age", "How to Buy a Friend", and the movie "Metamorphosis".

Following that success, Cho Yi Hyun is expected to attract public attention through this work "Now At Our School". While the drama is earning a lot of expectations from many fans of the webtoon, the public is also focusing attention on how Cho Yi Hyun will show her acting in "Now At Our School".

OSEN = Reporter Kim Eun Ae /misskim321@osen.co.kr
Photo = Artist Company, "Now At Our School"
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 4

Was re-watching the press conference for the drama, Shin PD mentioned that he hope this doesn't screw up, he hope to produce season 2, season 3, he and the writer had planned this for a long time and do this for a long time. So he hope he could get the support from the audiences/viewers.

The emcee then asked him, how many seasons does 'Friends' had and hope this drama could do the same 

Imagine Hospital Playlist with 10 seasons....... :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I read somewhere that What if Ikjun confession is somehow backfired?

What if Song Hwa did confessed before him and Ikjun rejected her? One of the reason that she is hesitant to reply the confession. I dont know but I felt like IkJun doesnt put a lot of time between his divorce. Think of it anyways, the timing was good tho. She is alone in Sokcho, and more time for her to think about. Perhaps first few episodes in S2 will be mostly flashbacks? I heard S2 will focus more on med school days?? Was this true? Then, we will getting flashbacks. Then what is the purpose of having a huge Yulje set as we saw in the clips (Jeon Mi Do Relay Cam and Cho Jung Suk Relay Cam?) Damn they are really putting out all the money.

I am not really keen to watch another reply series. Much of the reply series are catered for Koreans - the nostalgic, the patriotness, the loving of music and life of a korean family in the 80s-90s.  Hard for me to hook on, unlike Prison Playbook. Added with that pop quiz in the every episode - who is the husband and all clues that leading to this person - Chilbong, Jung Hwan. I am not disliking the series but the way it is, only Hospital Playlist hit me so much about life and romance. 

First of all, we all want the romance of WGardern to progress, and then resolving the backstory of Shin Hye ex wife as well as that mistress - no way SeokHyung will let that mistress with his father's baby to suffer without any money right? I mean SeokHyung is another level of Buddha aside from Jeong Won. The story of the patient who had to wait for a year, Song Hwa neck pain (what if she came back early then), Ik Sun package and then Jong Su - Rosa Jeju do gateaway trip. 

I had this imagination - what if Rosa agrees to JeongWon birthday gift and let them go on a trip with Jong Su and Gyeoul. She will forced Jong Su to relay all the professors in GS to empty out Gyeo ul schedule and give her a week vacation - I mean NS residents get a week worth vacations like Seok Min. Rosa tricks JeongWon into the trip and actually only letting JeongWon and Gyeoul spend 4 days 3 nights together in Jeju and making ahemm2 - I mean getting closer than ever.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I may be the only one to say it but for this season 2, I want a new young sexy and funny female :mrgreen:character in the life of JeongWon:relaxed:, I want to see wintergarden confused, I want the new girl to seduce JeongWon and make things fun, i want jeongwon felt like he is desired lol:mrgreen:

Hypothesis for S2

In Korea, Spring - Mar-May. Summer - Jun-Aug. Autumn - Sept-Nov. Winter - Dec-Feb.

Freshman year. Spring 1999 (time stamped during SH’s confession - Shin/Lee like to use time stamps to hide clues so I pay attention whenever they do this). SH confesses to SHwa on her birthday.  SHwa tells him she likes someone else.

IJ and JunWan always had gfs right through med school (Bong reveals).

SH hardly dated. Married the woman his parents chose. Lasted less than a year then went straight to US to study after the divorce.

SHwa. Bong said IJ and SHwa never dated, they were just friends.  Winter of freshman year or first term of second year, she was in a long term relationship with a senior (dated 3-4 years) and after that she dated other people too.  She just didn’t want to get married.

SHwa was potentially with someone or crushing on someone Spring/Summer/Autumn 1999.  Winter 1999/2000.  My bet is that it is JWon.  Both have love in their 20s mentioned in their character descriptions.  Reason - SH rang IJ to talk about SHwa’s rejection?  Why would he ring IJ?  Why didn’t SH ring his best buddy since middle school JWon?  Is it because SHwa revealed to him that her crush is JWon?  Then it would make sense that he wouldn’t call JWon to spill his sorrows.  You can’t spill about your rejection to the object of your crush’s affections. 

S1 was set in 2019.  One month per episode - 12 months to a year, 12 episodes.

Potentially S2 will be primarily set in 1999.  Timing it perfectly with SHwa’s confession (Spring 1999) and ending with the start of her relationship with the senior.  One year (12 episodes).

Shin said this back in 2017 when he was interviewed at PressCon for Prison Playbook.  He was already researching and writing HP which took 4 years to get to screen.  I guess that’s why Lee didn’t write PP, she was busy researching/planning/writing HP.  

”We are interested in the stories of dormitories during the early 2000s when 'Nonstop' was a box office hit, and the stories of students during the military regime further back in the year.” (cr https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=088&aid=0000514445)

NonStop was a hit series in Korea about College students.  So that would tie in well with the Fab5 in med school in 1999.  And YYS’s Reply1999 hashtag.  IS and ChiHong would be 18yo then.  Both have military backgrounds so that would tie in with the focus on military regime (or this could be later on).  Shin did say in his recent interview that S2 would reveal SHwa’s feelings more so revealing her backstory in 1999 would be reasonable to give context.  That would set the stage for the final reveals in S3.  Or he may well set part of S3 in their 30s to give us the backstories of the fab5 as residents before the final reveal.  Shin loves nostalgic settings (as evidenced by his Reply series) so going back to his roots would keep him very happy.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

S1 was set in 2019.  One month per episode - 12 months to a year, 12 episodes.

Potentially S2 will be primarily set in 1999.  Timing it perfectly with SHwa’s confession (Spring 1999) and ending with the start of her relationship with the senior.  One year (12 episodes).

Interesting. Now I'm not really up to date with any interviews etc relating to HP (so pardon me if Shin-Lee have already mentioned what S2 will be like). 

I for one really hope S2 gives us a lot of flashbacks to their earlier days, especially if they intend to flesh out SHwa's characters and POV more. If they do this, it will also put to rest some of the disagreements on who is whose love interest etc. In saying that, I personally will still like to see the setting be primarily on current time (2020) and that they will continue S2 without time jump (I really need to see SHwa's response to IJ's confeession). But the idea of using 1999 setting would also be ingenious :)

45 minutes ago, snowlou said:

Interesting. Now I'm not really up to date with any interviews etc relating to HP (so pardon me if Shin-Lee have already mentioned what S2 will be like). 

I for one really hope S2 gives us a lot of flashbacks to their earlier days, especially if they intend to flesh out SHwa's characters and POV more. If they do this, it will also put to rest some of the disagreements on who is whose love interest etc. In saying that, I personally will still like to see the setting be primarily on current time (2020) and that they will continue S2 without time jump (I really need to see SHwa's response to IJ's confeession). But the idea of using 1999 setting would also be ingenious :)

i think it more like we had more flashback...like song hwa pov, what make seok hyung felt so sory towards his ex,jung wan pov that he really had intrest with ik sun but since then they meet at younger timer he might not consider her as partner like presents day...but still i think the season will still focus on the present day

afterall we still need to see either jae hak and seok min pass the board exam and i still want to see jae hak wife and i part of minority who love to see jae hak and jung wan together

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Sorary said:

afterall we still need to see either jae hak and seok min pass the board exam and i still want to see jae hak wife and i part of minority who love to see jae hak and jung wan together

And seok min - seon bin development too for me. They will make a cute pair!

Lee So-ra, singer for the drama OST part.9

Hearing the live version is wow!!! :thumbsup:

On a side note

Mandarin subtitles for the interview of the 3 female leads for Maybe Happy Ending Musical

It was filmed a day after ep10 was broadcast.

When asked what did they did the day before,

Mido replied she had a group of 99s friends, she met up with them, worked together and had a meal together.

Han Jae-ah replied that she went home to watch Hospital Playlist after rehearsal for the musical.

When asked when was the last time they shed tears,

Mido replied when watching drama and mentioned about Jung Moon-sung aka Dr Do Jaehak aka Oliver appearing on TV and it is because of him.

Han Jae-ah mentioned Do Jaehak's strawberry scene which she watched the day before.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sorary said:

i think it more like we had more flashback...like song hwa pov, what make seok hyung felt so sory towards his ex,jung wan pov that he really had intrest with ik sun but since then they meet at younger timer he might not consider her as partner like presents day...but still i think the season will still focus on the present day

I agree with you. Surely I guess Season 2 will show some flashback as the background plot & characters' POV, but the main focus will still be in present timeline (2020/2021). Why did the writer bother to show cliffhanger in Season 1 (Junwan's present to Iksun is returned, Songhwa's answer for Ikjun's confession & Seokhyung hanging-feeling to his ex-wife), if the writer won't answer it on next season?

If Season 2 show all story set in 1999, then the title should be changed to Reply 1999, instead of Hospital Playlist :sweatingbullets:

• Like 14

11 hours ago, nrllee said:

.  Shin loves nostalgic settings (as evidenced by his Reply series) so going back to his roots would keep him very happy.  

This is true, and I wouldn't mind if some not all eps are completely set on 1999 era. If it's set in their med school days, they should really show more of how the Fab five started out as doctors and how medicine as a field was 20 years back. The hospital field has improved so much in these 20 years and they would need to do intense research to realistically portray how it was back then. It would be really interesting. If they are just going to concentrate on their lovelines and initial band formation years, it would be such a waste. This drama is called Hospital playlist afterall. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Hi all . Just a note going forward. No IG posts allowed due to IG’s recent policy / ruling in the US . 

Please note  Update 4 posted at the top of the forum page 

Edited by Guest