Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

Because shipping is all I can do   

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which three pairings would you most like to see?

• Kim Jun wan/ Chae Song Hwa
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/Chae Song hwa
    • Lee Ik Jun /Chae Song hwa
    • Ahn Jeong won/ Chae song hwa
    • Yang Seok hyeong/Chae song hwa
    • Kim Jun wan/Lee Ik sun
    • Ahn Jeong Won/Jang Gyeo Wool (Dr. Maggot)
    • Ahn Jeong won/Bae Jun hee (ER resident)
    • Ahn Jeong Won/The Lord ( LOLOL)
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Jang Gyeo ul
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Go Ara
    • Yang Seok Hyeong/ Chu Min ha (Obgyn resident)
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/ Lee Ik sun
    • Chairman Ju Jung Su/ Madam Rosa
    • Lee Woo Joo(Uju)/ Mo Ne

29 minutes ago, superspace said:

One of my fav Kdrama insta acc — she/he makes compilations of  HP band performance scenes:

Which one is your top 3?

Me:

1) Aloha - karaoke ver (this is legend!)

2) Confession is not flashy (Among all these people I’m so thankful that I met you...)

3) Met you bu chance 

1. Oh what a shiny night

2. Met you by chance

3. In front of the city hall substation

Extra.. Canon:D

• Like 2

I had a hard time after episode 12 since there's high chance that my canoe *cough*Chi-Song*cough* will sink. I'm not even sure if Chihong will be back for season 2. 

Anyway, do you guys know that Kim Jun-han has join instagram? You can follow him here: 

https://www.instagram.com/junhan_kim/

Mido and Hyunbin have followed him back.

And I need to share this behind the scenes compilation, very beautifully put together.

Oh dear, Hospital Playlist is really something else. Even their BTS is so heart-warming to watch.

I will definitely be around for season 2, although my canoe is no longer sailing.

• Like 4

Sad over the fact that I will never meet Jang Gyeo Ul character in my life. Hahaha she is definitely my crush after I saw her in ep 2 for the 2nd time

• Like 3
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, hoanganh said:

I had a hard time after episode 12 since there's high chance that my canoe *cough*Chi-Song*cough* will sink. I'm not even sure if Chihong will be back for season 2. 

Anyway, do you guys know that Kim Jun-han has join instagram? You can follow him here: 

https://www.instagram.com/junhan_kim/

Mido and Hyunbin have followed him back.

And I need to share this behind the scenes compilation, very beautifully put together.

Oh dear, Hospital Playlist is really something else. Even their BTS is so heart-warming to watch.

I will definitely be around for season 2, although my canoe is no longer sailing

Yup he just created ig on Saturday. Eun-jin, Mido and Kyung-ho had all followed him 

Anyway his id contain two underscore

• Like 2

the more i see this drama the more i love how they end this series for this season 

ik jun - song hwa : confessions from ik jun side untold storie of song hwa yet she put clear cut on her and chi hong love line.

i think its better cause their relationship had became more complicated within years...for me even his ex wife at the end of day cheat on him but for the fact during conversation between ik sun why he break up with go ara if not they will get married by now..and ik jun so fast answer than they wont meet u jun...This for me kinda show his character..even he is potray as friendly happy go lucky but as we know he very serius in certain things...as we dont show much about how he and his ex wife relationship we assume she must be someone who kinda queen control yet i think he never regret as he know he give it all and i think befor that for years he never dreams wanting to go back or dreams that he one day will once again approach his feeling towards song hwa..so it is not about song hwa but his feeling too..so for i sung couple we might see for season 2 with lots more pov song hwa at athe end of series we will get the answer ik jun and us waiting for and for season 3 its about thus it is really affect their friendship?? 

bidulgi/pigeon couple: i love how jung wan potray as someone was always ready to build his own family always had less than 3 month relationships and how first he dont bother think about taking higher positions in mgmt cause it will take his own personal time...but as ik sun come like a sun shine in his life, he start to seing others ways round, instead of married, being together consider gold thing between couple as it is not cheap investment and seing how ik sun continue in her career while he support her show he learn in relationships its not always about him but its also about her...and i think the ending was just a simple issue to create dramatic factor...im sure we gonna start new season with she asking she dont receive the parcel yet...this couple is one couple who already fix on their ending, but not like traditional couple this couple show how two people with different career can achieve midle idea about love and family..and im sure on the next seaon it gonna be ik sun who proposed on this lovely guy and the next season will focus on how the gonna commit towards each other with all the duty task (career) that might holding them...does they one of them need sacrifice?? 

bear bear couple - im glad how the finish with seok hyung kinda do not know how to reject or make a clear line for song hwa and the twist with his ex wife called him back...i was like seok hyung too, its not like we had issue with being married or in relationships but we more scared to hurt others cause when that happen, we will hurting double triple compre to them...and before he decide the true of his feeling he really need to settle with the main issue which is his ex wife/ ex mistress of his dad (will he deliver the baby? who i gues might not be his siblings) before fully let mi ha in his heart...as i think even it is arranged married he still did like and love her..so to settle any issue with her its the right step before him really moving forward 

winter garden couple: its is nice they end this first seaosn with kiss as jeong won answers to his feeling and geul wol feeling..as if it drag till season 2 so that the can open season with how this two will open up with each others..we know how jeong won being emotional handle the loss of his patients and as i see since in yulge we dont see it yet, does it means next season we gona focus on that, the meaning of comfort each others.

• Like 5

"We've never done such a character before but I thought if it's done by #YooYeonSeok, it'd match him well and Yoo Yeon Seok too said he wanted to try it" 

"Ahn Jeong Won is a warmhearted and well brought up young man, but when determined he's firm, when sensitive he's sensitive.

I'm thankful to Yoo Yeon Seok for expressing those various aspects (of his character) well. 

Plus, since the Paediatric Surgery patients are mostly young, there were a lot of times when we find it hard to control them at the set, but it was so beautiful how he managed to bring  out their acting by interacting with the children warmly. 

Even though he's the youngest among the 99ers in real life, but when at the set where the five gathered, he also plays the role of one with an outstanding leadership" 

Cr: Translated by Yeonseok411_IFC (twitter)

Shin Hyunbeen who acted as 3rd year GS resident Jang Gyeoul has received so much love by the viewers. On this Shin PD said "I still wonder all this time why hasn't she risen to tame. She someone who understands the script very well and is very sincere in her craft. She's like a racing horse who only sees one thing/direction which is her character. She doesn't get greedy about her appearance and always give her best shot. I'm grateful for that but on another thought, I hope someone's by her side to take care of her. Acting is a long distance race so you really have to take care of yourself... That's why I am worried. "

Also "In the 6th episode, when she got Anaphylaxis shock because of painkiller, everyone was shocked with the make up but she was just so calm about it. Her not trying to look pretty itself is so beautiful. She's that kind of an actress that's why anything you give even if it doesn't fit her, she'll experiment in to it and make it as if it's hers. Even if she's not trying to look pretty, people can't help but to see her that way.

Credit: translated by rabbitokkiya (twitter)

His affection toward Kwak Sunyoung who play role lkjun's sister Lee Iksun was also extraordinary. Shin Wonho explain the reason he cast Kwak Sunyoung as Lee Iksun "Lee lksun should know how to be funny. While she could do romance she need to be funny too. So I was wondering who would be the most attractive actress that could make fly pigeons in a natural way, and at the time of the meeting, she was so fun (personality). It felt like I was joking with a man friend. In addition, she is also good at acting and smart. That's why I casted her".

There were 2 scenes that made me suprised by Kwak Sunyoung the most. The first one is Kick Scene. Before start shooting i explained that lksun character had to show martial arts skills so I ask her if she could practice Muay Thai, and on the day filming she did Kicking for like dozen times but she didn't get tired at all. It's not easy for women to practice it in sucha short period of time but she used her body very well. I was already so thankful and proud of her for learning how to kick so hard, but was really glad that the scene itself came out so fun and interesting.
The second scene is when her Brother Lee Ikjun came to visit, I felt like I'm in tears because of the scene. It's very subtle feeling but both of them so good at acting, so the scene came out very pretty. The moment she hold back her tears and act like nothing happens after, it's not easy to do it, but she did it well. I didn't feel like I was going anywhere with the accumulated performance" he praised her.

Credit: Translated by  bandalbae102 (twitter)

Shin PD on Jung Kyung Ho:
He is really sweet and warm-hearted. He’s a friend who does his best for those around him. For an actor, I know it doesn’t matter if the actor and the character’s personality are different, but Jung Kyung Ho and Kim Jun Wan are completely different characters, so I was worried about it till the end. But he presented well in both his real personality and his drama character, so I felt that he really is professional...(he) had to show a melo (side) within a short scene but he expressed it well.

Credit: translated by @im0202

Shin PD on Jeon Mi-Do: 

Jeon Mi-do is the 'smart and reliable eldest daughter' to PD Shin Won-ho. Shin PD said, "Jeon Mido didn't need any special direction other than  balancing the characters in the early stages. It seemed to me that it was meaningless to change the space of acting for an actor who was already recognized as the best on stage.What's surprising is that Jeon Mi-do is already good at it and tries hard.Jeon Mi-do is like a real model student. For example, it's amazing that someone who has never touched the bass has done 'Canon', but the moment she made that difficult slap in 'Met you by chance,' I couldn't help and complimented her " you really seem like the model student”   Even though the bass teacher said that it was not a step that a beginner could do, she did it. The instrumental performance and the dance scene in the church were so perfect. She always throws unexpected acting because dhe doesn't even have a framework in which he can describe everything as a model student. She is amazingly clever. It feels like my eldest daughter who is really strong and smart "

Shin PD on Kim Dae Myung:

Kim Dae-myung was the first pillar to join the "Wise Doctor Life" "Kim Dae-myung is the first actor to be cast," Shin said. For some reason, I think he played a lot of characters like Yang Seok-hyung, but he never did. So I casted him because I thought it would be better. The character Yang Seok-hyung has to look like a mama boy at first, and he is timid. Depending on how you act, it may seem stereotyped, and it has shown a rich performance, perhaps because you have performed various acts on the stage. And this friend is always sincere. The innocence made Yang Seok-hyung an affectionate character. In addition, Kim Dae-myung seemed genuinely happy to play Yang Seok-hyung and work with his colleagues. They often say that they are happy over a drink, which came always oddly touching  . I think the sincerity of Kim Dae-myung, who works happily, warmed the atmosphere of the entire site as well as the atmosphere of the five people. It is strangely touching to see him happy because he is always sincere. From the director's point of view, I'm very grateful to express my happiness and joy  with the environment and crew I've created"

Shin PD on Jo Jung Seok:

"Jo Jung-seok is the type of actor whom I've never seen before," Shin said. I mean, it's always amazing. As a director, there are points where I think this part will come out obvious no matter how new I try to do, and at that moment, he is an actor who throws unexpected nuances and tones. Even the same lines varied from one cut to another. I loved it. With his free-faced facial expressions and gestures, it was great to get an informal acting.He is a friend who made me realize that I can do things like this way. He is also a friend who made me reflect on my stereotyped way of thinking. It's been a long time since I've acted, but I've had an amazing experience showing that it can look different every time.

Jeon Mido,  Kim Dae Myung and Jo Jung Seok part were translated via Papago

(It may contains inaccuracies)

Edit: the post on Shin PD about the others cast disappear. I posted them below. I translated them via papago.

(May contains inaccuracies)

Shin PD on Jung Moon-seong (Do Jae-hak ):

He appeared as Captain Yoo (Jung Hae-in) brother in " Wise Prison Life/ Prison Playbook ". Writer Lee Woo-jeong was favorite actor. Back then, I thought he was a prudent man who took acting seriously because he looked heavy and his character was dark. In the meantime, I have to cast a cast for Dojae-hak. If this character does something wrong, it becomes a very predictable character. So, it was as hard as when we cast five members.

At that time, Jeon Mi-do mentioned Jung Moon-sung and told me that he was really funny. The same was true of Jo Jeong-seok and Yoo Yeon-seok. So we had a meeting even though we knew each other. When I saw him again, he was shy and really hilarious. Dojae-hak is only a licorice character, but synergy was created because Jeong Moon-sung's careful yet funny appearance combined well . He is funny without any attitude to be funny, and there is pathos (sadness, pity) in it. It is not easy to find an actor who can pull off both the real and the comic. That's why such actors tend to become big. That's why I think Jung Moon-sung will become a much bigger actor in the future.

Shin PD on Ahn Eun-jin:

She (played Chu Min-ha) has a clear personality. It likes Chu Min Ha. What Chu Min ha wanted to show was someone who has nothing to hide. At first ,she had to look like a fox because she was a straight-forward person. These days, characters are very different from their looks, and there are many twists and turns from that point. In "Wise Doctor Life" Chu Min-ha is like that.

The performance involved childlike clearness and technical skills, resulting in a clear, in-depth acting.

In the 10th episode, she confessed to Yang Seok-hyung (Kim Dae-myung), " I like you. " That's exactly what she did. Since she is still young, I hope she will be loved in movies, on stage, and in dramas. And there is good acting ability and charm.

Shin PD on Kim Jun-han:

He (played Ahn ChI-hong) plays the character unsurprisingly. Kim Joon-han's charm expresses everyday lines in unexpected ways. He even said, " If there is any obvious performance, I can leave it to Kim Jun-han. " Ahn Chi-hong's character was also joined with Kim Jun-han because he thought he can make it less obvious.

He has played various roles and can continue to be an actor. Ordinary roles can be expressed in a different way, and convinced. Kim Jun-han's unique acting of dabbing his lines while being relaxed in his own color. I think Kim Jun-han will have his own field to act throughout his life.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 9

13 hours ago, superspace said:

One of my fav Kdrama insta acc — she/he makes compilations of  HP band performance scenes:

Which one is your top 3?

Me:

1) Aloha - karaoke ver (this is legend!)

2) Confession is not flashy (Among all these people I’m so thankful that I met you...)

3) Met you bu chance 

I actually like quite a lot ..me being greedy :tounge_xd:

Not in order

1. Canon

2. Aloha 

3. Confession Not Flashy (JJS & YYS version)

4. With My Tears

5. Met You by Chance (JWon's Mom & Director Ju audience)

6.I Knew I Love 

7. Me to You, You to Me 

hahaha...so yeaa...almost all 

• Like 4

I think we had found the three brothers of Songhwa, all seem bony enough

Park Hae Soo can finally make his cameo

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15915780001543441002

https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202006090100072100004767&servicedate=20200608

I googled translate the above articles, Shin PD mentioned about Ik-Song couple.

Based on google translate, seem to mentioned this gif

However, Shin PD and writer Lee Woo-jung mentioned that they had built up emotional lines. He said, "In fact, I put all the emotions in line. In the photo of the first meeting of five of the 99's, Ikjun put his hand on the shoulder of Song Hwa and a pale blush on Song Hwa's face. But it's not Melo's drama. "I thought it would be good, but I couldn't help it. It was because of the idea that the whole work of the melodies would be too blurry, and the identity of the whole work would become ambiguous," said Ahn Jung-won.

"I think maybe this is the love of forty years old. It's been 20 years since I was 20. In the meantime, a lot of people and relationships have passed by, and I am not living hot and desperately every day with those memories. No more hot at first sight "It's not a crushing age, it's not a young age that can distort your daily life with just feelings of love. I think it may be the biggest reason why the melodies and writing speed are different."

This part give me an impression that Shin/Lee already planned the loveline from ep.1

Anyone fluent in korean, want to translate a more accurate version for us???

• Like 18
  • Love 2

Translations credit to rabbitokkiya@twitter.

I'm really amazed by how well she understood the script. Her answer is so on point and hopefully would clear up the misunderstanding some people have about Jeong won's character choosing Gyeo ul over priesthood

I was just thinking about it yesterday, how it will be nice if the writer or director gives out an interview to clarify certain things so that the ridiculous theories stop coming. LOL. Sadly it seems they didn't ask him anything about the lovelines. Sigh. If I was the interviewer that would be my first question. Hahahaha. Yeah I'm shallow like that. LOL. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

@ryanallright I've tried to translated it with papago ( it's more accurate than google translate but it's not perfect)

Producer Shin Won-ho conducted an interview with Sports Chosun. Interviews with the actors revealed in advance that producer Shin Won-ho and writer Lee Woo-jung did not elaborate on the direction of the love line until they began their work. Jo Jung-seok once said, "I didn't know that the loveline would match Songhwa."

"I think the script is everything," Shin said. Therefore, I believe that the first goal is to ensure that the emotions contained in the script and the essence of the original story are well communicated, and I try to stick to the script itself to deliver them. "

" I think there are some parts that can be prevented if you know them in advance, " Shin said. " Some parts can be harmful if you know them in advance. Of course, not all of them fit together as a result, but when it comes to love lines, people's eyes change. Especially, Lee Ik-jun did not get divorced in the beginning, and Chae Song-hwa also had a boyfriend. If you had known the love line in advance, you might have experienced some subtle feelings. I think it's easier to act as an actor without knowing it. So I didn't tell him in advance.

Also, some viewers said that the loveline between Jo Jung-seok and Jeon Mi-do was sudden. However, producer Shin and writer Lee Woo-jung noted that they have built up a strong emotional line. "In fact, I've laid down all my emotional lines," he said. Just as Ik-jun put his hand on Song-hwa's shoulder in the first meeting photo of the five 99s, and a light blush on Song-hwa's face. But it's not just Melo's drama, so it's good to notice, but I thought I couldn't help it. It was because of the idea that the identity of the entire work would be blurred as soon as the time was allocated after too much effort was put into the melodrama. The same was true of Ahn Jung-won and Jang Gyeo ul stories," he said.

"Maybe this is what forty-year-old love is about. Twenty years have passed since they were twenty.  In the meantime, they must have met many people, and their memories are not always hot and ardent every day. It is no longer the age of love at first sight, nor the young age at which feelings of love can disentangle our daily lives alone. I think that's the biggest reason why we had different writing styles and speeds than original melodrama.

When asked whether he is "Chihong" or "Ik jun" producer Shin Won-ho said, "As a director, I am always neutral in the love line. Only then I can objectively engage in directing. Of course, frankly, I'm old enough not to be very interested in Melo," he said firmly.

Edit:

A better translation here:

Edit (complement):

Q. As with the previous works, detailed production in multiples tracks became a hot topic. There are many contents that viewers interpret Songhwa's loveline and Winter-Garden's loveline in their own way. Especially, many people think 'goodness' is an important factor, what do you think about this viewer's response? How much detail do you actually produce?

Shin Won-ho PD: I've heard from the staff that because there were so many things hidden in the previous work, they seem to be trying not to see our work as it is. I've made them get into that habit.(Laughing)

In terms of ownership, it may be the drama of the production team right before the drama is released, but I think the drama will belong to the viewers as soon as it is released to the viewers. It's up to the viewers how to bite off, pinch, twist, and so enjoy the drama in a way that doesn't involve directing. So I think it's not right to say "yes or no" about any speculation, so I think it's right to not give you any details in the future.

(Translated with papago, may contains inaccuracies)

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

34 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

@ryanallright

" I think there are some parts that can be prevented if you know them in advance, " Shin said. " Some parts can be harmful if you know them in advance. Of course, not all of them fit together as a result, but when it comes to love lines, people's eyes change. Especially, Lee Ik-jun did not get divorced in the beginning, and Chae Song-hwa also had a boyfriend. If you had known the love line in advance, you might have experienced some subtle feelings. I think it's easier to act as an actor without knowing it. So I didn't tell him in advance.

Also, some viewers said that the loveline between Jo Jung-seok and Jeon Mi-do was sudden. However, producer Shin and writer Lee Woo-jung noted that they have built up a strong emotional line. "In fact, I've laid down all my emotional lines," he said. Just as Ik-jun put his hand on Song-hwa's shoulder in the first meeting photo of the five 99s, and a light blush on Song-hwa's face.

I think he pretty much confirmed here that IKjun and Songhwa are each other's first love. Not that I had any doubt in them. Since Songhwa's Pov has not been revealed yet, some had doubts. But from the looks she gave and how she acts around him in the past, it's crystal clear that he is her first love. We only have to see whether she is in the same place as him now or has she moved on? 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

I think he pretty much confirmed here that IKjun and Songhwa are each other's first love. Not that I had any doubt in them. Since Songhwa's Pov has not been revealed yet, some had doubts. But from the looks she gave and how she acts around him in the past, it's crystal clear that he is her first love. We only have to see whether she is in the same place as him now or has she moved on? 

It has been 20 years, since then both of them had their own dating lives etc, in that sense, she definitely has moved on.

But as with crushes, those feelings probably still remained, hidden and waiting to be reignited.

The feelings Ikjun kept hidden 20 years ago came back due to multiple circumstances , and now we have season 2 for songhwa to slowly realise hers.

Get ready for a sloooooow ride, people. Imagine the community's reactions they finally confirm their feelings for each other! I shall patiently wait for this. :love:

On the other hand, the PD's interview basically just acknowledged that the romance lines were all laid, there is no need to over analyse or wait for a dramatic plot-twist, this ain't Reply :P

• Like 18
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

the true definition of walking spoiler :lol:,hes the friends you mute on social media if theres new film or drama !!!

• LOL 18

I thought it's quite obvious that Ikjun is Songhwa's first love. Following him outside, looking for him and sitting beside him in that container, the look she gave him when he started playing guitar. , I think the writer really make it clear, good that the PD confirmed it

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

no more 2nd Jungpal bc this isn’t Reply1988! Why didn’t I believe you? Forgive me, ShinLee sama~ :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Shin PD wanna change the way how audiences had viewed his drama. The production team wanna change it.

Therefore, 'Wise' series came about. Prison was the 1st to be produced to explore relationships between strangers who had came to live together in a small room and their surrounding environment.

Now HP is now being produced to explore even more, love, friends, colleagues and doctor-patient relationship

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200608006300315

(Yonhap Interview) Director experiments with new type of TV series in Korea

By Kim Boram

SEOUL, June 8 (Yonhap) -- A typical Korean TV series, or K-drama, has a total of 16 episodes, with two aired per week, and closed endings that do not allow a second season.

The tvN medical drama "Hospital Playlist," which aired every Thursday from March 12, however, broke away from the pattern and took a different approach. Right after wrapping up its last episode on May 28, it promised to come back with a second season next year.

The drama's director, Shin Won-ho, said Monday he wanted to create a new type of TV drama, whose story can expand further in the next season, from the beginning.

"I want to show that the story still goes on, as if we come back next week, even though the last episode of the first season finishes," he said in an email interview with Yonhap News Agency. "I thought this mindset would help us make an unprecedented TV series."

EA2EF6BB-53F9-4A01-850C-AC0EFA653674.jpg

Director Shin Won-ho speaks at a conference on March 12, 2020, in this photo provided by tvN. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

The 12-episode series was written by star screenwriter Lee Woo-jung, whose works range from variety shows, such as "Three Meals A Day" and "Youn's Kitchen," to TV dramas, such as "Reply 1988." It revolves around five doctors reunited in the same hospital 20 years after graduating from college. They form a band and play their favorite songs of the 1980-90s.

Starring Jo Jung-suk, Yoo Yeon-seok, Jung Kyung-ho, Kim Dae-myung and Jeon Mi-do, "Playlist" has been well received at home and abroad for its attractive characters and well-rounded storytelling of hospital lives and patient scenes. The romantic stories also played a role in keeping people from changing channels.

But in the final 12th episode, the story remained open.

E3142925-FCFB-45A1-B1FB-BF43E9217DF0.jpg

A teaser image of "Hospital Playlist" by tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

"As we have the next season, I can tell everything, nothing to keep back," said the director, who has created the hit romance comedy "Reply" trilogy and the black comedy "Prison Playbook" (2017). "As I bore the second season in mind, I could try something new in storytelling."

Moreover, his once-a-week strategy was also a challenge for the veteran director, as South Korean soap opera fans are so accustomed with two 60-minute episodes a week. Recent hit dramas like JTBC's "The World of the Married" and tvN's "Crash Landing On You" did not get out of the routines.

Instead, Shin expanded the running time of each episode to around 90-120 minutes, with each episode having its own main theme connected to old Korean pop songs. Each episode also takes place in a month of the year, helping viewers understand the timeline easily.

As a result, the show finished with flying colors in South Korea, hitting as high as 14.1 percent in viewership, while some of its soundtrack songs, including "Aloha," topped local music charts.

"As our drama aired once a week, it helped our cast and staff members have relatively more time to rest and study their characters more," he said. "And Korean people are getting familiar with this format, as more and more people watch American TV series these days."

With the announcement of a second season, there is a babble of voices on the internet about the possible romance between the two main characters, Ik-joon (Jo Jung-suk) and Song-hwa (Jeon Mi-do).

But the director remained silent about what will happen in the second season, which will start filming at the end of this year.

"Well, I started this drama after making the conclusion of the story," he said, without elaborating. "We will come back next year, and please enjoy the continuing story."

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, Helena said:

"Well, I started this drama after making the conclusion of the story," he said, without elaborating. "We will come back next year, and please enjoy the continuing story."

Hmmm.. it seems like the PD & writer already know how the story is going to end (whenever it'll end). I doubt the actors know the ending since it seems like they've kept some things even during the filming of the series. 

Well.. This is interesting... Now it's just a matter of how many seasons he'll make for this story & whether or not we're strong enough to last until the end. Can't wait for it already!! When will 2021 come.... Hopefully season 2 airs around the same time as season 1 (beginning of 2021).. T.T

• Like 4
  • LOL 4