[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Spoiler

Spoiler

Part 5 interview with enews:

I don't know if the other parts were already posted here. I'm reposting them just in case.

Part 1: https://youtu.be/kz8NAuJF6Wk

Part 2: https://youtu.be/MUOtRSp36_0

Part 3: https://youtu.be/dDl-kPKACuI

Part 4: https://youtu.be/OmrAUNMWjzw

Ahn Eun Jin (Chu Min Ha)'s interview with enews too.

Part 1:

Part 2: https://youtu.be/KYv4ehj5dAQ

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 5

I hope the PD and writer will include other medical specialties in the upcoming season. It would be realistic portrayal of the hospital life where doctors from various walks of life, with different perspectives (especially regarding patient care) deal with each other. I can imagine some scenarios that can happen:

1) Yoon-bok: Right now, we see her following the footsteps of Song-hwa. Chances are, they'll make her a neurosurg resident. However, I think it will also be interesting to see her placed in a situation where her patient exposure will expand. For example, she might deal with a psychiatric patient, which will make her realize that it might be the path for her. This happens to a lot of medical students. Doctors don't end up pursuing the path they initially set for. Having Yoon-bok become a neurosurgeon might make it a "full" circle, but putting her in another specialty will add spice and a dose of reality to the drama.

2) Hong-do: Same goes for Hong-du. We see him hanging around GS, but it might be nice to see him deal with other fields such as anesthesia, ophtha, patho, geriatrics, etc. 

Sorry for putting a lot of details! :(What I'm trying to say is simple. If there's a drama who can portray the every day lives of the employees in the hospital, it will be Hospital Playlist. The writer has proven again and again that she is capable of doing so. It would be nice to see this aspect, where the different departments are interacting with each other.

Stay safe, guys!! Can't wait for 2021!

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, im0202 said:

This is the other part of the special episode (subbed).

That's all for now. Till Season 2!:wub:

After watching this special episode....I still can't believe end of season 1. ...so rewatch all 12 episodes again!...:lol:...as I rewatch, I just realize than every time IJ talk to SHwa...his tone in voice always soft and sound loving and caring....other that Shwa...he only talking with that tone with U-ju....:wub: 

• Like 6

https://www.soompi.com/article/1405541wpp/hospital-playlist-pd-praises-main-cast-explains-confusion-behind-jo-jung-suk-and-jeon-mi-dos-love-line-and-more

@nrllee lol there goes my hope for making this a BL :P

I guess..life wasn't complicated from the beginning.. and should i say, ep1 grieving cermony dinner was to the point..

Each one looked at the person crucial ot their love story in that group :P

• LOL 1

Hi everyone! So the live performance from the cast of Hospital Playlist aired last week Thursday. I've missed watching the full live and I believe someone mentioned that it is being edited and will be uploaded. Does anyone know when the full video of the live performance will be shared? Thank you! :) 

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol there goes my hope for making this a BL

Nah.  He’s defending his method to shippers.  They don’t like how he teases and uses flashbacks to make it seem very sudden.  He’s not rubber stamping the love lines as end game.  He’s saying he will continue doing what he’s done and tease it out.  He’s saying there’s enough there for you to know that something’s going on.  Unrequited love is still a love line in my books.  So SHwa may have liked IJ when she was 20.  Who wouldn’t?  He’s the type of guy every girl would crush on in school.  Confident, easy going, friendly.  But he went on to say that at 40, your decisions for love are not what it was in your younger years.  That’s why he dodged giving any more hints for S2.  Now that he’s on surer footing with the whole single episode seasonal format, he’s going to be bolder in S2 and S3 so look out for turbulence.  As per Reply format he already has a conclusion planned from the very beginning and that isn’t going to change.  Everything will be moving towards that conclusion.  2 more seasons.  Fat lady is far from singing yet. :lol:  Flower Garden is coming along nicely.  Now that they can work on Daddy Long Legs together as a couple. Shared vision and goal.  And did you see how SHwa is looking at JWon now?  She’s smitten. :wub:

PS sent you a PM on links to articles I wrote about theories. 

• Off-Topic 1
  • Confused 4
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, Voila Shine said:

After watching this special episode....I still can't believe end of season 1. ...so rewatch all 12 episodes again!...:lol:...as I rewatch, I just realize than every time IJ talk to SHwa...his tone in voice always soft and sound loving and caring....other that Shwa...he only talking with that tone with U-ju....:wub: 

If you are rewatching it, have you noticed about Jeongwon parallel to ep 1 and ep 12? 

At the end of epi 1, he shown struggles of being doctor and threatens to quit at the end of the year. 

And the end of epi 12, he resolved his struggles by accepted his calling as a doctor and as a person who is interested to Long Winter.

It came in full circle. 

Perhaps season 1 is intended to resolve JeongWon arc. I kinda felt that JunWan is actually a secondary lead character.. hahaha

Next season will be IkJun - SongHwa arc? Or maybe not. I think next is Seokhyung arc - the most pitiful member of 99ers. I wonder how the writer will touch on their interactions. 

Returning characters 

- Gyeo Ul, Min Ah, Chi Hong, SeokBin

( 3rd years residence going into 4th years)

- New Interns going into 1st year residency

- Bae Jun Hee (a fellow doctor in Emergency Medicine) 

I dont know abot JaeHak or NS chief resident. Maybe they are not returning. 

One thing I noticed is that Yulje is a small university hospital and located in sub-urban area near to Seoul. It is not big like Asan or SNU university hospital or Korea University Hospital. 

The increasing amount of fame in ep 10 (from VIP wards) will lead to addition of new staffs, new departmental professors and potential residents. Because new patients will flock in to the hospital.

It is not common for a korean university hospital to have such a small amount of residents. I heard 1 department like Internal Medicine handles about 50-100 interns/residence. Expect more new faces or maybe old friends coming back. 

We only know so little about their 5 years in SNU med school. Ex friends, Old Flame, ex dating partner and past conflicts. For now, the only connection is Dr Bong. 

We didnt have any greedy board of chairman in Yulje Foundation yet (someone will pop up) or

issues with Daddy Long Legs Program (people will sniff around abt the VIP profits - people like Dr Cheon Myeong Tae, he seems egging Junwan about his VIP patients in epi 5, might be that he wants that position as well). 

Gyeo Ul views on marriage (I only asumme she is interested in dating Jeongwon) and I wonder whether she is open to marriage. If Jeongwon is really a Catholic devout, he want to marry as soon as possible. Hahaha.

Next season, instead of 13 Fathers of GS department fight for her help in OR,  maybe residence/fellow will fight for her attention. 

I had this feeling that someone will try to woo Gyeo Ul. As a couple are getting into dating, he/she will care more about appearance. Chu Min Ha will help her in make up and fashion styling. Turning into a real princess.

Unknowingly attracts some predators huhu.

JeongWon will go on Oppa Protective mode, Jealous Middle Age man and acting all angsty. 

Sorry, I may be bias for the love romance story in the Hospital Playlist instead of patients' story or the 99ers friendship stories.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Imagine like..

""""It is Saturday, the weekend. Gyeo-ul are less busy now as new residents and interns are able to fill in her positions and work schedule. She was able to handle every patient and situation efficiently as the Chief Resident for GS. And soon she is able to find some quality time for herself, Dr Min Ha accompanied her to buy some fashion styling and help her in make up.

Gyeo-ul knows about Jeongwon schedule on the Saturday. She is excited as her afternoon is empty now. She wants to surprise him. So she packs some food and dress up nicely with make up  

EaALcy6UcAALCMw?format=jpg&name=medium

As she walks in to the hospital staff areas, all men and women would be like??

Who is she? Who is this person? Wahh, she is so beautiful. All staffs/residents were intrigued and followed her closely from behind. She remains oblivious and then they were surprised that she went straight to JeongWon office. 

JeongWon had a heart attack after saw her. Fallen in love more deeply.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, __jesse said:

Tbh, I found it hard to believe both Ikjun and Songhwa’s first love happened when they were twenty. I mean, Uju is five years old and he’s got a wife and MIL. What were they doing during their teens? So, while I can’t say for sure that Ikjun was Songhwa’s first love, it was clear that she had a crush on him 20 years ago.

i agree with you..why they dont take the. next step even tough they both might aware the open the door..waiting for each other to cross the line..

but why it not work out, seok hyung been reject by song hwa..i take ep where they talk about how their habit had chance and mention seok hyung being mama boy where before this he try to run away and not listen to her...so from this conversation i might guess the result of their decision is because they at the age to mature, so their result from the past might not be the same as now..but will they want to go back?? i dont think so, cause it seem all the fab 5 had up and down and to go back to go through it again im sure they say no as knowing and understand their character...and we never know if seok hyung might be a more to show his feeling even been reject compare to know where he hiding himself..it because the journey make him to who he is today..

so that why both parties decide to move on expect their feeling was not mature..it like how geul wol decide that she should move on since she know jeong won loe to him..i think it the same with song hwa were she decide to move on when ik jun start the gap between them

so that why i mention if ik jun ex wife not cheated on him, ik jun and song hwa relationships will be like rosa and jung su

so it really great how they ending this season with the last few episode showing that ik jun really care about song hwa and his like fall in love the second time with her..but not like first time this time he more mature and again give opportunity not only to himself but song hwa as well..as before this he taking decisions without consider song hwa and only think about his own pov.

and agree with you i think jeong won might know that song hwa like ik jun and he think ik jun like song hwa too...so maybe that why he always talk bad (i means in a way he talk and how jung hwan mention about it)about his ex wife even it was his friend..maybe he not the cupid for them but mere a bridge...

so that why this story it is not typical korea drama, and thus lot people who dont watch drama watch them..i don’t recommend this show to someone new in k drama especially who expecting love romance as fokus like cinderella story but anyone who i recommended who being watch many drama, and they like it so much.

and i believe that no matter how pd direct, the writer team had always had clear who end up who it...but it depen on us who we ship and if the story not as we expected, dont blame the writer and dont blame others..

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

7 hours ago, __jesse said:

Songhwa followed Ikjun out during orientation. When she opened the shed, she scanned the room until her eyes landed on Ikjun. Then she tilted her head to take a better look at him. I think it’s important to note the director’s intention here. He was setting up for the love triangle, which would be revealed in ep 2 and 6. Hence, he got Songhwa to see Seokhyung first and Ikjun last.

She was looking for Ikjun of course, so naturally she chose to sit next to him. And she went on to suggest the unthinkable: to take a group photo together.

Songhwa: Hey, it’s a fun coincidence that we all met here. Do you want to take a photo together?

Junwan: Are you for real?

Songhwa: I’m for real.

Ikjun: Sure.

(Junwan stares at Ikjun in bewilderment.)

It’s funny how Songhwa claimed it was a coincidence because we all know it wasn’t: she had followed Ikjun. And I have to applaud her bravery for suggesting to take a group photo with a bunch of guys she supposedly got to know barely five minutes ago. Now that we know the full backstory, it’s obvious that the person she really wanted to take a photo with was Ikjun. I sometimes wonder if she went home and cut up the group photo so it was just her and Ikjun, and hid it inside her diary.

Note also that it was Ikjun who readily agreed to taking a group photo. And Junwan, his childhood friend, instantly noticed that he was acting out of character. During the group photo, Ikjun placed his hand on Songhwa’s shoulder and she smiled. According to Shin pd, she actually blushed. The attraction between Ikjun and Songhwa was clearly mutual, and I suspect this was when they began having a “some”.

Then, in ep 4, we found out that Songhwa had lied her way into joining the band. She didn’t know how to play any instrument, and she feigned having a sore throat because she knew she was tone deaf. She had no reason to join the band, but it was a good opportunity to get close to Ikjun. And she sure did, since she got Ikjun to teach her bass. (Or Ikjun got to teach her bass. Since they were in a some, it was a win-win arrangement.)

What Dr. Bong said about Songhwa's character along the line of "She will do anything to get what she wants" is really clear here.

Though I get the feeling when she grew older and matured as we see in their 40 now,  it seems that her sole focus is treating her patients and her career now. Her relationship with Dr. Jang (her ex) didn't seem that serious either

• Like 7

1 hour ago, milkokoa said:

What Dr. Bong said about Songhwa's character along the line of "She will do anything to get what she wants" is really clear here.

Though I get the feeling when she grew older and matured as we see in their 40 now,  it seems that her sole focus is treating her patients and her career now. Her relationship with Dr. Jang (her ex) didn't seem that serious either

Yes, Songhwa dedicated her 30s to treating her patients and teaching her juniors. And in return, she got a worsening herniated disc condition. I think her move to Sokcho showed an important shift in her focus in life. She wants to re-prioritise her health and well-being. As she chooses to focus on herself, perhaps she'll come to realise where her feelings lie too. 

I appreciate how the drama is set up for us to compare and contrast the OT5's approach to relationships, from when they were 20, to now that they're 40. Seokhyung didn't hesitate to confess to Songhwa, but now he has so many considerations when it comes to Minha. Ikjun bought a ring to confess, while Junwan hesitated for so long before gifting Iksun couple rings. 

Compared to the passionate and reckless love they experienced in their 20s, our OT5 are now a lot more cautious when starting new relationships. But also because they put in so much thought into it, I believe these new relationships will stand a much higher chance of lasting till the end.

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 4

I think after Ep 12, it’s pretty clear that Ikjun is Songhwa’s first love, because she firmly rejected (without hesitation) both Seokhyung & Chihong’s confession, but she did not give the answer yet for Ikjun’s confession even though he had confessed three times.
I guess the revelation of Songhwa’s POV (probably flashback) will be about why she didn’t act to show her crush to Ikjun, because it’s hard to believe that neither one of them try to confess their feelings in 20 years. Well, it’s understandable that Ikjun decided to not confess to Songhwa 20 years ago for the sake of his friendship with Seokhyung, but why did Songhwa never try to confess her feeling towards Ikjun. If we judge Songhwa’s personality (She will do anything to get what she wants), it’s questionable why she never try to confess her feeling. If the reason because Ikjun was married, well based on Uju’s age, it seems that Ikjun was married in his 30s, so what happened in their 20s-30s.

And as much I want Iksong to sail soon, I guess they will not happen until Season 3 (because their relationship is the most complicated). I think Season 2 will focus on Seokhyung-Minha and development of Jeongwon-Gyeowool & Junwan-Iksun, and Season 3 will focus on Songhwa-Ikjun.

PS: IMO, The beautiful platonic relationship between Songhwa & Jeongwon is too precious to be romanticized and I think writer will not waste it for the sake of triangle love. :)

• Like 20
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Songhwa already involved in triangle love.

No need to add on to become square love, pentagon love, hexagon love, heptagon love or octagon love

My only concern is whether Shin PD will add a new character from Sokcho to be involved as well :)

• Like 3
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Cantabile said:

Well, it’s understandable that Ikjun decided to not confess to Songhwa 20 years ago for the sake of his friendship with Seokhyung, but why did Songhwa never try to confess her feeling towards Ikjun. If we judge Songhwa’s personality (She will do anything to get what she wants), it’s questionable why she never try to confess her feeling. If the reason because Ikjun was married, well based on Uju’s age, it seems that Ikjun was married in his 30s, so what happened in their 20s-30s.

I've always wondered as to why Songhwa did not confess. Especially when she was bold enough to suggest taking a photo in a guise of coincidence(when we know she followed them to the shed). She is a strong woman who would do anything to get what she wants. So maybe she too did not confess because of SeokHyung. Or maybe its because of something else. But its something i would like her POV to show. Just that one POV will explain everthing else and there wont be a need for more. From Dr. Bong's saloon, we learned that SHwa likely dated during the end of her freshman year for four years. So what happened before that? That is the most important part of SHwa's POV to me.

1 hour ago, Cantabile said:

PS: IMO, The beautiful platonic relationship between Songhwa & Jeongwon is too precious to be romanticized and I think writer will not waste it for the sake of triangle love. :)

This is true. For anyone else in the group to be involved in any way romantically with SHwa would just loose its meaning. As it is, three of the 5 were in a triangle that cost 2 of them 20 years loss of love together. To introduce Jwon or Jwan as another love interest of SHwa would be ridiculous. It will diminish the characters of both Jwan and Jwon. It may also cause conflict between the group that would probably be irreparable. Because if Jwan is to be with SHwa, that would mean he ends it with IkSun. That wouldn't go over well with IkJun. Both sister and the woman he loves are being targeted by his best friend. Or if its JWon, it would still wont go over well with IkJun seeing as he considers himself responsible in GU love life. It would also paint both Jwan and Jwon(whoever it will be) as jerks. And Yulje hospital would be the most awkward place to be at. The L5 relationship is too beautiful for that.

So, as per the interview Shin PD did, I think he will stick with the IkJun-SongHwa loveline, he will just be handling it as how 40 year olds handle new relationships. And i remember reading that specifically said there wont be any messy relationship. Or something to that effect.

• Like 15
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 2