Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been chatting with @kokodus offline and she persuaded me to post my thoughts on the latest episode. So blame her if you think I've gone off the rocker...    Episode 8 was beautifully pu

Re: Crossing and drawing the line   Much has been discussed about Chihong crossing the line, and Songhwa drawing the line. I plan to do a character analysis on Chihong, so more on that late

In HP, dining scenes are often used to illustrate human relationships. This one is obvious: asking someone out for a meal is an indication of romantic feelings.       And the

8 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Off topic, may I ask usually after completing residency, could they stay with the same hospital?

yes, if they are hired as attending physicians. 

Not sure what the hospital will do with Song Hwan's partial leave (on top of Jeong-won).  Who will fill her spot to help with the patient back log?  In regard to Chi-Hong, it's time for him to consider if neurosurgery is what he truly wants vs. what he can realistically handle.  He has been fortunate to have Song-Hwa's patience and understanding.  He is not honest with his physical ability to continue as a neurosurgeon. He stays because of Song-Hwa; he can operate above water under her guidance. The truth is neurosurgery is demanding. I worry that his crush is distracting to his professional career... For that, I like how Song-Hwa understands that she needs to remove herself from the love triangle temporarily to help Chi-Hong turns his focus back to completing his residency.

Gyeo-Wool may settle on Pediatric Surgery - she found her calling through her crush in Jeong-won.  She learns to express her feelings and opinions to others, patients, Jeong-won.  Things that were overwhelming - she is able to handle them now.  For a resident who shuffles charts to one who is comfortable in the OR.   For lack of a better world, I like her presence now.  I remember how she was such a wallflower.  I don't think Winter Garden will happen this season for any of our pairings.  I do support Jeong-won's wish to leave, I think we owe him at least this for all the sacrifices he has made for others.  Even if he has feelings for Gyeo-Wool, he needs to find out what priesthood is about or whether he is meant to be one as he always thought.  So I am ok about his leaving.  :D

• Like 18
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ryanallright said:

OST sung by JMD had reach no.1 on Melon and no.20 on VIBE Today Top 100

Yet there were people who think it is sajaegi

Hitting Melon #1 is such a feat...this means that the GP not only loves the song, but have deep affection for her character in HP, such that they are able to relate the song to the show.

A song will not necessarily chart well just because it is good.

:relaxed: Does this mean I can expect a surge in ratings for a finale? 15% please! *fingers crossed*

• Like 11
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ryanallright said:

OST sung by JMD had reach no.1 on Melon and no.20 on VIBE Today Top 100

Yet there were people who think it is sajaegi

The one who claiming sajaegi is surely idol fans.

Most of them are bunch of toxic. I cover how toxic it was back when aloha #1 in chart it is a big mess with many people coming to aloha comment section to downvote every positive comments. Toxic because they are just complaining without checking the fact or understanding the mechanism or knowledge about chart and things surrounding it.

The reason JMD song can be so high is because the song is good,the drama is really popular,and it is jeon mi do. The winner of daesang in musical (cmiiw) also it is not sajaegi when hospital playlist lining up their ost in chart 

#1 Jeon Mi Do

#3 Jo Jung Suk

#7 Aloha

#15 Kyuhyun

#26 Urban Zakapa

#35 Wheein

#59 kwon jin ah

Let see if Jeon Mi Do can reach #1 Daily melon. For sure she will debut #2 daily melon i believe today if she can raise the UL she can get #1 maybe

Obviously the one who talk sajaegi is bunch of idiots who didnt know anything except oppa oppa.

As a big fan of group that got real sajaegi 2 times ( twice ) i am so mad if other group claiming sajaegi when they havent seen the real sajaegi.

I will make a detailed post later about sajaegi but really it pissed me off . Maybe after all daily chart updated 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, romancetrash said:

A Catholic friend of mine told a scandal that she heard from someone else that involved a priest and a nun. They slept together frequently and the nun got pregnant. I kinda forget if the nun is already a nun or a novice like Maria from The Sound of Music, but the guy is definitely an ordained priest. So yeah, they left the church, get married, but their children are banned/excommuned from Catholic church forever.

Actually their children are not excommunicated once they are released from their vows the are just normal Catholics. My friend’s mom and dad were once a priest and a nun and her and her siblings have received all the sacraments and both parents had a burial mass and buried in Catholic cemeteries. I attend both their funerals 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

How to define all kill on music chart?

get no.1 on FLO as well?

real-time #1 on every chart = All Kill (AK)

daily and real-time #1 every chart = Certified All Kill (CAK)

daily and real-time #1 plus weekly #1 = Perfect All Kill (PAK)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Andrew - said:

real-time #1 on every chart = All Kill (AK)

daily and real-time #1 every chart = Certified All Kill (CAK)

daily and real-time #1 plus weekly #1 = Perfect All Kill (PAK)

Thanks for the information.

Had never really paid attention to music charts till now. LOL

• Like 1
19 hours ago, cheesethatnotsocheesey said:

Hahaha I have known about it before and laugh about it.

But do you know that for WinterGarden that their real birthday is also close though the year is 2 years apart.

Yoo Yeon Seok : 11 April 1984

Shin Hyun Bin : 10 April 1986

:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 16

After rewatching Ep 11, I think both Jeongwon & Songhwa are look alike in facing the problems. Both of them choose to follow their minds rather than their hearts. Jeongwon choose to go to priesthood to escape the pain of his job as doctor (I know the priesthood is his childhood dream, but I personally think it's more like his way to escape the pain of his inner struggle as doctor).
Meanwhile Songhwa choose to move to Sokcho for refreshment (and maybe sort out her feeling from the awkwardness of triangle love). Both of them also decided in their own without discussing with their friends first. Even Jeongwon until now did not tell yet to his friends about his priesthood plan :sweatingbullets: (I'm still LOL-ing when Jeongwon told that Songhwa can divide to Seoul-Sokcho for band practice. Like.... Err... What about you, Jeongwon? You will leave on December! :lol:).

I think this is the reason why both characters are the hardest to read, because they like to do things in their own.
I wonder how the writer will show the character development of each of them. 

• Like 14
1 minute ago, milkokoa said:

I hope Ikjun and Songhwa do a duet OST,  i'm sure it will break the chart    :lol:

I hope so! Can't wait for the next season. It better not be about being heartbroken and sad. :( The only reason why I want to tear up when I hear their song is because of their beautiful voices blending together. Mido's I knew I love is doing a lot of damage to my heart huhu

Speaking of the next season, I'm looking forward to seeing Jeung-won and Song-hwa's perspective. Can you just imagine the following:

1) How Song-hwa felt when she and Ik-jun didn't end up meeting on her birthday

2) When Ik-jun introduced Hye-jung (his ex-wife) to them and when he told them that they're getting married

3) Maybe even Ik-jun's wedding (or a glimpse of it)

4) Meeting and loving U-ju as her "nephew"

5) Her reaction when Ik-jun got divorced.

6) how their friendship turned out after 1999 and when they were all in residency (and Seok-hyeong was in the States). I think out of them all, Jeung-won, Jun-wan, and Song-hwa kept in touch the most. Seok-hyeong was abroad so for a time, I could imagine that he was out of the picture. I could imagine Ik-jun being busy with work and U-ju. 

Bonus scene: Did Jeung-won visit Dr. Jang? ;)

It's going to be torture, but seeing the scenes listed above will help us understand Song-hwa's perspective. It will make the past 20 years real. It may mean nothing to us, the viewers, but it would be nice to see things from the perspective of someone who (might have) buried her feelings for her long-time friend.

On that note, I hope they keep the OST from the first season. It would be nice to see these scenes with Mido's voice. It's too beautiful. It would be an injustice to have her voice only for two Hospital Playlist episodes. 

Definitely looking forward to next year! (And that possible duet.)

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1

I just have to say...I am afraid of next week episode. I cry so much yesterday watching it. 

And also...what would I see now..this is my only drama right now..

But I enjoyed everything of this week episode. I felt the mom sadness of the though of his son going to be a preast to. 

• Like 3

I never thought a drama with 12 episode can consume my whole week! Everything about hospital playlist make me realize how hard it will be to wait another year. I was excited when jjs and jkh joined the team cause to me they're excellent and flexible actor from their old days to now. But I never thought I will love kdy or mido that much.Big to small every cast member,their expression,become a customized playlists perfectly sync  to my daily life.Even the fox lady from ob-gyn, i will miss her. And dr. Bong and his salon.... why all the characters is so precious!!! :tears:                    

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, midflight said:

On that note, I hope they keep the OST from the first season. It would be nice to see these scenes with Mido's voice. It's too beautiful. It would be an injustice to have her voice only for two Hospital Playlist episodes. 

Definitely looking forward to next year! (And that possible duet.)

I need a duet OST from JJS and JMD, a solo OST from the remaining three main guys and maybe a few more solo from the supporting with musical background in season 2 :joy:

Too much to wish for? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2020