[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

I too feel that SHwa is displaying resentment and anger. Maybe in the past, at one point they were close, but IJ is the one making a line not to be crossed between them, which SHwa accepted with difficulty and they remain friends for so long. But now he is telling her that he “wants to cross that line”, it’s probably making SHwa confused and upset because that’s not what they agreed upon in the past. 

I looked back on ep.6 towards the end. SHwa replied to IJ’s text. “You said you wanted to meet up? Okay, where should we meet?” ~ that was on her birthday, and she must’ve an inkling why IJ wanted to meet, but she was dismissed with a “something came up”... she must be disappointed. And she never knew that IJ knows that SH ever confessed to her as mentioned when they waited for her doctor. So again, she probably was confused because the two of them might’ve grown rather close and hitting it off somehow but the sudden change of course in their relationship left her wondering. But she accepted and moved on as close friends. And now IJ wants to change it. No wonder she is upset. She probably feels that IJ played with her feelings. 

Just some thoughts. I guess we have to wait for the reveal in Season 2 :sweat: I admit the IJ-SH-CH scenes yesterday are so difficult to watch. My poor heart...

• Like 8
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I too feel that SHwa is displaying resentment and anger. Maybe in the past, at one point they were close, but IJ is the one making a line not to be crossed between them, which SHwa accepted with difficulty and they remain friends for so long. But now he is telling her that he “wants to cross that line”, it’s probably making SHwa confused and upset because that’s not what they agreed upon in the past. 

I looked back on ep.6 towards the end. SHwa replied to IJ’s text. “You said you wanted to meet up? Okay, where should we meet?” ~ that was on her birthday, and she must’ve an inkling why IJ wanted to meet, but she was dismissed with a “something came up”... she must be disappointed. And she never knew that IJ knows that SH ever confessed to her as mentioned when they waited for her doctor. So again, she probably was confused because the two of them might’ve grown rather close and hitting it off somehow but the sudden change of course in their relationship left her wondering. But she accepted and moved on as close friends. And now IJ wants to change it. No wonder she is upset. She probably feels that IJ played with her feelings. 

Just some thoughts. I guess we have to wait for the reveal in Season 2 :sweat:

I sensed more of a frustration and confusion rather than upset.

Why now? What make you decide to take actions now, what triggered you?

She knew in the past, she does have that feeling. Why now, am I able to accept you now?

The frustration and confusion towards how he truly feels.

As of now, as friends, they could interact normally. If going towards next step, she does not know what to do now.

Moving to Sokcho for a year is also a way to sort out her thoughts between the two men.

Upset is too strong of a word to be used. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

In 1 hour we will get Jeon Mi Do OST!!!!!!!!

She will take part in OST part 11 !! Cant wait

Also I am so proud that 5 Ost is Stronger as ever in top 35 daily

#2 Jo Jung Suk Aloha

#9 Joy Introduce me to someone good

#22 Kyuhyun Confession is not flashy

#24 Urban Zakapa beautiful my love

#35 Wheein with my tears.

The ost keep on rising and rising especially kyuhyun one. Imagine on the start the song hardly reach top 100 melon and i think had one or two day outside top 100

But with the growth of Winter couple the song keep on rising and rising and now the top 3 song in the ost album. !!!!

So freaking proud!! 

And now i guess Jeon Mi Do OST also can hit big because the song she cover also rise highly with peak at #19 melon i guess maybe top 50 for the start is amazing!

I rarely update the chart anymore because there are no big changes and people in here doesnt seems to really excited but now i will update it once we got jeon mi do Debut rank!!

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Earlier, I made a topic on how there is a continuous thread from one drama to another with this creative crew.

Their protagnist on surface appears to be the main character of previous episode, but ultimately we find girl going to another guy..

and i said, that end couple is someone who is more like JH than taek this time, because taek got the girl last time, and taek (chilbongie) did not last to last time.. it alternates..

TODAY, ep 11, i realize script writer still did the same thing.. ONLY i got the gender wrong!

This time it is Shwa - single girl, 4 male friends, all of them found her attractive at some point.. one was clearly not interested and harboured a long time crush on SD's sister.. - on the face of it SHwa matches all those conditions 

BUT the big reversal is.. all the previous ladies NEEDED a man .. SHwa DOES NOT .. all of them had specific need to be fulfilled. She didn't.

She liked someone. We know for sure she didn't date these 4 but was campus couple. She has dated men. Whoever, her crush was.. she did not stop her life for him and clearly has not intervened in their personal lives ever.. no wife jealousies, no priesthood questions - just does not question choices..

SHwa character is very strong and unique in kdrama land.

Anyway, so the big trope is.. this time she needs to make her crush knwo that she has crushed on them.. this time onus is going to be on her!...and she refuses to overtly send out those signals

4 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

In 1 hour we will get Jeon Mi Do OST!!!!!!!!

She will take part in OST part 11 !! Cant wait

Also I am so proud that 5 Ost is Stronger as ever in top 35 daily

#2 Jo Jung Suk Aloha

#9 Joy Introduce me to someone good

#22 Kyuhyun Confession is not flashy

#24 Urban Zakapa beautiful my love

#35 Wheein with my tears.

The ost keep on rising and rising especially kyuhyun one. Imagine on the start the song hardly reach top 100 melon and i think had one or two day outside top 100

But with the growth of Winter couple the song keep on rising and rising and now the top 3 song in the ost album. !!!!

So freaking proud!! 

And now i guess Jeon Mi Do OST also can hit big because the song she cover also rise highly with peak at #19 melon i guess maybe top 50 for the start is amazing!

I rarely update the chart anymore because there are no big changes and people in here doesnt seems to really excited but now i will update it once we got jeon mi do Debut rank!!

Please do update us on the rank.

Hope her OST could reach top 10 or even top 5 as well

With her getting much attention with this drama, I think it is possible!!!!!

• Like 4

Song Hwa is a smart and perceptive woman. So I do think Ikjun action did something to her heart. When she was suspecting that Chi Hong love her, she didn't hesitate to confront him. But I do think she was too scared to confront Ikjun head on. She only need to do something, confront Ikjun and ask, why now? Coz someone in twitter said that Ikjun answer Chihong question in present tense.

She can reject or accept him after that. But it is not that easy. I think Song Hwa is confused and don't now what to do. Even if Ikjun really was her first love, now it is different. After being friend for so long, she now know Ikjun better than 20 years ago. They have different value and lifestyle. As Uju is Ikjun wholelife now, being with ikjun can only means one thing, ready for a serious relationship, marry him and be family of three. While Song Hwa don't want to get married at all. So I do think she's kinda runs away, and for now put herself first. Adding to the problem that Chi Hong also swayed her heart. She clearly need to sort out her feeling.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

God forgive me but I don’t think it’s right for a priest to be as handsome as Jungwon, I wouldn’t be able to focus :rolleyes: 

I don’t have much to add as I feel like everyone said everything! 
I keep feeling confused between Captain Ahn and Ikjun - my heart dropped when he spoke informally to her but then... Ikjun’s karaoke scene had me tear up. 
However I do understand Songhwa’s reaction to Ikjun - they’ve been friends for 20 years and from her, it must be quite out of the blue Ikjun’s feelings so it’s understandable that she’s confused. I mean, he only just recently divorced.

I just want both men to be happy, they’re both nice and any girl will be lucky to have them. I’m done shipping, just give me a good finale pls

oh and Gyeoul’s first surgery!!! She smashed it!! My baby!!!! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

59 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Maybe she was ready to  confess her feeling that night too but him cancelling on her,  hurt her deeply more he imagined  :tears: ~ as woman she may felt he like he too as the woman  usually senses  :lol:

15901150881590115076.gif

he wearing the same clothes from that night :phew:

15901157351590115726.gif

• Like 7
  • Love 1

This mishap is costly.

IJ had to comfort SeokHyeong and pick him up from police station on that night.

Both IJ and SHwa planned to confess on same day yet couldn't.

After 20years, one feeling had not changed while one is confuse and frustrate by his action.

Let us continue to see how they will progress next year. :)

It is out!!! Support JMD OST

a21736c0-d0e1-463e-9f1b-c000eff5a917.jpg

• Like 17
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, maggiee said:

The way Ikjun drinks his coffee (I assume Songhwa made it for them in her room) when she told them about her plan to move to Sokcho and not saying anything, makes me think about him supporting her no matter what. He drinks the coffee and sits in silence. And after some explanation from her, he drinks the coffee again. He will drink (endure) the coffee (the pain) as long as Songhwa is happy. She is just 2 hours away and he won't have a problem if it makes her feeling better and more healthy. 

I feel the same way too. 

IJ is the only one who keep silent. I bet SHwa already told him about her plan to Sokcho (previous car scene when SHwa answered IJ call, seems like they have call routinely, I might say haha). AND ANYWAY THE LAST SCENE OF EPS 12 TRAILER, SHWA SAID, "HEY!", I bet it's IJ (hopefully) who came to her place and help her with things :unsure: 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I don't know if it's me but it seems like the finale is probably going to go full circle in the general sense that the Fab 5 will (most probably?!?!?!? uGH my heart) be separated again. With Songhwa being off to Sokcho and Jeongwon to Italy (I'm in the minority of wanting him to go to Italy???), I wonder what will bring them together again (COVID probably????? :()

The whole tone of the episode was a bit weird imo, so I'd just like to share my favorite scenes from and observations from Ep11. First, Ikjun definitely knows about Junwan and Iksun and he's just giving them space! This was commented by a lot of posters but he's quite perceptive and to be frank Junwan was slipping frequently lmao. What would be an icing on the cake would be the writer's homage to PP's similar storyline and have Ikjun say exactly what Jehyeok said to Joonho, something along the lines of  'I'm glad it's with you or something'  in the next episode or smth hehe

Next, is Gyeoul's surgery!!! There's 'I would d*e for Claire from Bon Appetit Test Kitchen' and now there's 'I would d*e for Gyeoul from Hospital Playlist' !!!!! YAYYYY as a Gyeoul supremacist we finally had her as a lead surgeon moment, I'm a proud sis :') And the way she kept asking for Jeongwon for assurance on how she did in certain processes, cute! I'm a hardcore Winter Garden fan but I couldn't help with the paranoia that the scene was just JW being a hella proud mentor (esp since he doesn't let anyone else operate!!!) BUT the longing stare is enough for me that it might be more than that! Do you guys think he's sort of training her to take the rains eventually as Yulje's pediatric surgeon (since the scene of him confirming that he's leaving and the other doc was all 'there's only so many pediatric surgeons here' transitioned into her surgery)?? Would love to hear your thoughts on this, like is that even possible since she's in GS and still a resident?

Mama Rosa meeting Gyeoul!!! Loved that until she asked Gyeoul to stop JW from leaving. Throughout the season, she's been often displayed as someone who's very self assured and not easily swayed by other people or what they think of her, so for her to try to dissuade JW from leaving is idk sort of going against her principles more so than how she feels for him? Idk if I'm making sense tbh but I feel like she'll be honest with JW but will eventually push him to make the right choice????

With my earlier statement, I really want JW to leave for Italy because I personally feel that he needs to for growth and character development. Literally everyone knows or has a hint that his heart is definitely in medicine, I think he does too but there's also this longing to pursue his lifelong dream and he's finally presented an opportunity to delve into that and I think the people around him should let him at least try. Let him go and experience his dream. I feel like he needs to go just as a confirmation if it's REALLY what he wants. I don't know if he's allowed to withdraw halfway or something (someone let me know or I'll just google in a bit :D). Once he's there he can be really sure you know? If he realizes that priesthood is not for him he can withdraw(if possible) knowing that he did try and can return to medicine with no more 'what ifs' that's been clouding him for half his life. He deserves closure in that sense I think :tears: 

Also, Songhwa moving to Sokcho!!! You go girl, she's talked about it before so I totally approve and she should  get the rest and peace she deserves. The time away should help her heal and kind of get an idea of where's her head at, and heart. I personally didn't enjoy the triangle thing going on throughout the episode and if a viewer got uncomfortable, she probably did too. And I kind of agree with previous posters with her being possibly frustrated at Ikjun and the comments about Chihong too. I have a soft spot for Chihong but what he did in the dinner to Ikjun was a bit ugh. 

Lastly was Minha,ahhhhhhhh I love her so much she's the cutest thing ever and every time she's on screen I immediately know it's gonna be a good scene heheh. The way she was practicing what to say, Junwan's cheeky remarks, her scrambling away??? UGHHH LOVE HER. Hopefully she'll get her Christmas / NYE's kiss next ep!!!!! :wub:

God this went longer than necessary lmao and I'm not as articulate as some of you guys here but anyways.

Enjoy the weekend lovelies.

Until next week ! :wub::tears:

• Like 18
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

@winnerrrrrrrr444 I think in seminary he still can withdraw??? Some of my friends go to seminary and most of them drop out after a year or two. As long as hes not ordained as a priest yet, Jwon and anyone else can drop out from seminary. But I dont know how it works in Italy. I went to a Catholic school for 6 years in Indobesia so I kinda know bits about it.

In Indonesia, someone whos highly committed but not priest yet is called "frater", but in English, frater refers to a monk who is not priest. I dont remember if frater in Indonesian is considered a monk too, or someone who is not a priest yet. My catholic religion teacher is a frater, and he once had a task to live among common people.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

Also, I am not familiar with Korean honorifics/banmal/casual language/formal language... can anyone help me understand what CH meant when he asked to talk to SH casually? Like, if it was in English, how different is the casual language vs formal language? Thank you!

Using formal/ informal languages in Korean is somewhat like using different tenses for verbs in English [the "tenses" are both applicable to verbs and adjectives in Korean]. Using informal language means you are of similar age or friend enough with the other person; or you are much more senior in terms of rank/ age. Since SHwa is the supervisor of CH, CH is supposed to speak with formal language to her for politeness. SHwa is neither close friend nor much older than CH, and she has no wish to stress her seniority, she would speak with CH in formal language too.

• Like 4