Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been chatting with @kokodus offline and she persuaded me to post my thoughts on the latest episode. So blame her if you think I've gone off the rocker...    Episode 8 was beautifully pu

Re: Crossing and drawing the line   Much has been discussed about Chihong crossing the line, and Songhwa drawing the line. I plan to do a character analysis on Chihong, so more on that late

In HP, dining scenes are often used to illustrate human relationships. This one is obvious: asking someone out for a meal is an indication of romantic feelings.       And the

I think IJ does know who was on the phone with JWan. He could hear that it was GW’s voice when he spoke to her about the surgery, so IJ must have heard IS’s voice as well from JWan’s phone. Especially she mentioned Uju’s name as IJ walked in. 

• Like 17
  • Insightful 5

What if jeongwon is away becuz he go to other country to help them as doctor. You know like volunteering doctor.. since we never heard from him directly why he dont want to work at yulje anymore. Jeongwon can tell directly the reason why he want to stop working right since that doctor is kinda close with jeongwon but he did not.

Im just thinking that there may be plot twist on why jeongwon want to stop working. Either he is sick or wanted to become doc at another place. Or maybe he want to continue studyy..

• Like 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think IJ does know who was on the phone with JWan. He could hear that it was GW’s voice when he spoke to her about the surgery, so IJ must have heard IS’s voice as well from JWan’s phone. Especially she mentioned Uju’s name as IJ walked in. 

You know what, add another bit to it..

Iksun never asked for snowcrabs.. i am positive

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

I get the feeling there was something more that happened in 1999 btwn Ikjun and Songhwa, with the girlfriend thing and how her reaction to all Ikjun's confession in the recent days.

Ep 11 is just so sad to me, i can't even laugh at some of the joke. Ikjun is basically a living corpse. So miserable

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

During the drinking game, when CH asked IJ to answer if he has ever had feeling for SH, IJ answered, "I have. Of course, I have." 

I read somewhere that it was said in the Korean present tense? Can anyone confirm?

If I will take it at face value of the English translation, it appears to be "I have (had feelings for her)", which was not directly saying he still has feelings for her, but merely answering the question. (of course we all know he still has feelings for her)

Also, I am not familiar with Korean honorifics/banmal/casual language/formal language... can anyone help me understand what CH meant when he asked to talk to SH casually? Like, if it was in English, how different is the casual language vs formal language? Thank you!

My Ik-Song heart is still broken. :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, kawaiiprincess1987 said:

During the drinking game, when CH asked IJ to answer if he has ever had feeling for SH, IJ answered, "I have. Of course, I have." 

I read somewhere that it was said in the Korean present tense? Can anyone confirm?

If I will take it at face value of the English translation, it appears to be "I have (had feelings for her)", which was not directly saying he still has feelings for her, but merely answering the question. (of course we all know he still has feelings for her)

My view is that he is still subtly hinting when he replied. He know inside him, his love had not diminished.

66a4fcc9ac93acddb817612275c79c7f0474f79d

1513496c4b8e3c65f91c3df41f2c7e0ba9c05a4e

12b667fdd2dfbccbd3045c0893e9e5f295c80010

Spoiler

45a43bf4d05bf880050bdad93460d6f21262cda5

0a70fdc5c465205a031b40cd3a981b64e8373c6e

8241ae88c636afbdf96dfac9eb79b4af9fdbb3d7

gifs credit to captainjoongki tumblr

This is IJ's true feeling, using drunkenness to mask it.

SHwa should be able to catch on this hint but she is avoiding it now.

• Like 11

I too feel that SHwa is displaying resentment and anger. Maybe in the past, at one point they were close, but IJ is the one making a line not to be crossed between them, which SHwa accepted with difficulty and they remain friends for so long. But now he is telling her that he “wants to cross that line”, it’s probably making SHwa confused and upset because that’s not what they agreed upon in the past. 

I looked back on ep.6 towards the end. SHwa replied to IJ’s text. “You said you wanted to meet up? Okay, where should we meet?” ~ that was on her birthday, and she must’ve an inkling why IJ wanted to meet, but she was dismissed with a “something came up”... she must be disappointed. And she never knew that IJ knows that SH ever confessed to her as mentioned when they waited for her doctor. So again, she probably was confused because the two of them might’ve grown rather close and hitting it off somehow but the sudden change of course in their relationship left her wondering. But she accepted and moved on as close friends. And now IJ wants to change it. No wonder she is upset. She probably feels that IJ played with her feelings. 

Just some thoughts. I guess we have to wait for the reveal in Season 2 :sweat: I admit the IJ-SH-CH scenes yesterday are so difficult to watch. My poor heart...

• Like 8
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I too feel that SHwa is displaying resentment and anger. Maybe in the past, at one point they were close, but IJ is the one making a line not to be crossed between them, which SHwa accepted with difficulty and they remain friends for so long. But now he is telling her that he “wants to cross that line”, it’s probably making SHwa confused and upset because that’s not what they agreed upon in the past. 

I looked back on ep.6 towards the end. SHwa replied to IJ’s text. “You said you wanted to meet up? Okay, where should we meet?” ~ that was on her birthday, and she must’ve an inkling why IJ wanted to meet, but she was dismissed with a “something came up”... she must be disappointed. And she never knew that IJ knows that SH ever confessed to her as mentioned when they waited for her doctor. So again, she probably was confused because the two of them might’ve grown rather close and hitting it off somehow but the sudden change of course in their relationship left her wondering. But she accepted and moved on as close friends. And now IJ wants to change it. No wonder she is upset. She probably feels that IJ played with her feelings. 

Just some thoughts. I guess we have to wait for the reveal in Season 2 :sweat:

I sensed more of a frustration and confusion rather than upset.

Why now? What make you decide to take actions now, what triggered you?

She knew in the past, she does have that feeling. Why now, am I able to accept you now?

The frustration and confusion towards how he truly feels.

As of now, as friends, they could interact normally. If going towards next step, she does not know what to do now.

Moving to Sokcho for a year is also a way to sort out her thoughts between the two men.

Upset is too strong of a word to be used. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

In 1 hour we will get Jeon Mi Do OST!!!!!!!!

She will take part in OST part 11 !! Cant wait

Also I am so proud that 5 Ost is Stronger as ever in top 35 daily

#2 Jo Jung Suk Aloha

#9 Joy Introduce me to someone good

#22 Kyuhyun Confession is not flashy

#24 Urban Zakapa beautiful my love

#35 Wheein with my tears.

The ost keep on rising and rising especially kyuhyun one. Imagine on the start the song hardly reach top 100 melon and i think had one or two day outside top 100

But with the growth of Winter couple the song keep on rising and rising and now the top 3 song in the ost album. !!!!

So freaking proud!! 

And now i guess Jeon Mi Do OST also can hit big because the song she cover also rise highly with peak at #19 melon i guess maybe top 50 for the start is amazing!

I rarely update the chart anymore because there are no big changes and people in here doesnt seems to really excited but now i will update it once we got jeon mi do Debut rank!!

• Like 15
  • Love 1

Earlier, I made a topic on how there is a continuous thread from one drama to another with this creative crew.

Their protagnist on surface appears to be the main character of previous episode, but ultimately we find girl going to another guy..

and i said, that end couple is someone who is more like JH than taek this time, because taek got the girl last time, and taek (chilbongie) did not last to last time.. it alternates..

TODAY, ep 11, i realize script writer still did the same thing.. ONLY i got the gender wrong!

This time it is Shwa - single girl, 4 male friends, all of them found her attractive at some point.. one was clearly not interested and harboured a long time crush on SD's sister.. - on the face of it SHwa matches all those conditions 

BUT the big reversal is.. all the previous ladies NEEDED a man .. SHwa DOES NOT .. all of them had specific need to be fulfilled. She didn't.

She liked someone. We know for sure she didn't date these 4 but was campus couple. She has dated men. Whoever, her crush was.. she did not stop her life for him and clearly has not intervened in their personal lives ever.. no wife jealousies, no priesthood questions - just does not question choices..

SHwa character is very strong and unique in kdrama land.

Anyway, so the big trope is.. this time she needs to make her crush knwo that she has crushed on them.. this time onus is going to be on her!...and she refuses to overtly send out those signals

4 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

In 1 hour we will get Jeon Mi Do OST!!!!!!!!

She will take part in OST part 11 !! Cant wait

Also I am so proud that 5 Ost is Stronger as ever in top 35 daily

#2 Jo Jung Suk Aloha

#9 Joy Introduce me to someone good

#22 Kyuhyun Confession is not flashy

#24 Urban Zakapa beautiful my love

#35 Wheein with my tears.

The ost keep on rising and rising especially kyuhyun one. Imagine on the start the song hardly reach top 100 melon and i think had one or two day outside top 100

But with the growth of Winter couple the song keep on rising and rising and now the top 3 song in the ost album. !!!!

So freaking proud!! 

And now i guess Jeon Mi Do OST also can hit big because the song she cover also rise highly with peak at #19 melon i guess maybe top 50 for the start is amazing!

I rarely update the chart anymore because there are no big changes and people in here doesnt seems to really excited but now i will update it once we got jeon mi do Debut rank!!

Please do update us on the rank.

Hope her OST could reach top 10 or even top 5 as well

With her getting much attention with this drama, I think it is possible!!!!!

• Like 4

Song Hwa is a smart and perceptive woman. So I do think Ikjun action did something to her heart. When she was suspecting that Chi Hong love her, she didn't hesitate to confront him. But I do think she was too scared to confront Ikjun head on. She only need to do something, confront Ikjun and ask, why now? Coz someone in twitter said that Ikjun answer Chihong question in present tense.

She can reject or accept him after that. But it is not that easy. I think Song Hwa is confused and don't now what to do. Even if Ikjun really was her first love, now it is different. After being friend for so long, she now know Ikjun better than 20 years ago. They have different value and lifestyle. As Uju is Ikjun wholelife now, being with ikjun can only means one thing, ready for a serious relationship, marry him and be family of three. While Song Hwa don't want to get married at all. So I do think she's kinda runs away, and for now put herself first. Adding to the problem that Chi Hong also swayed her heart. She clearly need to sort out her feeling.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
17 minutes ago, Andrew - said:

can i know which chinese site do you visit?

I am using Weibo.

Most of the reactions and subs I viewed are mandarin before proceeding to the official Netflix version or any english fan subs.

• Like 2

God forgive me but I don’t think it’s right for a priest to be as handsome as Jungwon, I wouldn’t be able to focus :rolleyes: 

I don’t have much to add as I feel like everyone said everything! 
I keep feeling confused between Captain Ahn and Ikjun - my heart dropped when he spoke informally to her but then... Ikjun’s karaoke scene had me tear up. 
However I do understand Songhwa’s reaction to Ikjun - they’ve been friends for 20 years and from her, it must be quite out of the blue Ikjun’s feelings so it’s understandable that she’s confused. I mean, he only just recently divorced.

I just want both men to be happy, they’re both nice and any girl will be lucky to have them. I’m done shipping, just give me a good finale pls

oh and Gyeoul’s first surgery!!! She smashed it!! My baby!!!! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
59 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Maybe she was ready to  confess her feeling that night too but him cancelling on her,  hurt her deeply more he imagined  :tears: ~ as woman she may felt he like he too as the woman  usually senses  :lol:

15901150881590115076.gif

he wearing the same clothes from that night :phew:

15901157351590115726.gif

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2020