[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

@im0202 Hahaha that interview is so funny. Yoo Yeon Seok somehow came off as the most perfect guy and it's cute how he whines about how everyone thinks he doesn't make mistakes. Hahahaha. And Jung Kyung ho looks like a softie in real life contrast to his character in the drama. And ofcourse Jo Jung Seok is the most talkative one among them. I like their chemistry on screen and offscreen. So adorable

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I think right now the romance will be between JKH's  Joon Wan and Song Hwa...am bias maybe since I am a JKH fan :lol:. But I think one of my favourite tropes for romance is always the bickering between the OTP.  Plus he was the one who discovered her cheating fiance.   :P;). For all you know there really is no romance intended , which is my preference . Something like Prison Playbook with separate love lines ( not a fan of love triangles and other shapes) 

However romance aside , my personal favorite  doctor is YYS' Andreas/ Jeong Wan. While I am sure each of them here entered the medical field for a variety of reasons including altruistic ones   , it really does seem that Jeong Wan is doing this to fulfill his spiritual calling. The guy is practically a saint what with him giving all his salary and funds to his daddy long legs programme and having no earthly desires ( isn't he still staying with Joon Wan?) ... Dr Jang in some ways is like him ..that maggot removing scene tells me that though she may not be well polished in the way she communicates with the patient, she's got her heart in the right place. There's this dedication to her that I like. 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:21 AM, bedifferent said:

@alleram95 thank you very much for the translations.  Much appreciated.  Could you clarify something for me?  When the female twin recalled the physicians who treated her mom.  Netflix translations tells us that she remembered a young (resident or fellow) surgeon in white coat broke the news to her post op.  The student then continues telling us that her mother was cared by many in the ICU.  When her mom passed, an "old" doctor came to break the news.  She was devastated over the death.  The only memory the 7th grader had was looking down and seeing the shoes with the 225mm sticker.  Based on those translations, I thought there were 2 docs, a surgeon and an older ICU physician.  The shoes belong to the older ICU physician according to the translation.  Was it just one person who operated on the mom and then made rounds in ICU everyday to see her post op? 

Hmm I think at that time there were several people who took part for the twins' mom surgery. The one who operated the twins mother was the 'old' doctor who broke the news that their mother passed away. The young doctor whom twins referred as young doctor (probably as an intern or resident), probably assisted with the surgery. The young doctor saw the twins and broke down in tears because after the surgery their mother couldn't wake up and in the end passed away.

There were several doctors in the ICU and the young doctor, whom we guessed was SHwa, was among them. She felt bad that the doctors couldn't help their mother and they lost her when they were still young. The female twin said she was pretty calm at first when the old doctor broke the news of their mother death but after she saw the young doctor crying while apologizing to them, she and the male twin realized their loss and felt devastated. The owner of the 225mm sticker shoes was the young doctor.

----------

TVN has shared another making scenes at the naver tv page (why haven't they upload it on the IG or youtube to make it accessible to international fans?) It was a short interview with the main casts for their first shooting.

https://tv.naver.com/v/13034969

For those who can't access the page, here is a short summary

JJS Interview
- He opened the interview while wearing his darth vader helmet and jokingly introduced himself as darth vader character who stared in the drama. LoL
- During his break time, he played well with the child actor. He asked him to read the hangul words on the wall, gave quizzes about simple vocabulary in English and didn't forget to praise the child actor every time.
Q: Words to the viewers who is waiting for the drama
A: It's a warm drama about people's life. 'Hospital Playlist' (aka Wise Hospital Life) please don't forget to watch it live and please cheer for me Jo Jung Seok too. Thank you
- He tried to scratch his head which is imposible because of his darth vader helmet and in the end burst out at his own joke

YYS Interview
Q: First Shooting Impression
A: It's been a long time since my last medical drama so I am quite nervous but because I work with the staffs whom I have worked before in Reply 1994, I felt like I am going back to my parents' home and feel comfortable. Rather than feeling worried, I am enjoying the shooting. And my first shooting last for 5 minutes!
- The first shooting is where he and JKH walks in the hospital lobby. When the director said his shoot is done, he begs the director for more scenes and even grumbling he had to wait for 3 hours before his shooting start. The PD refused and pointed out about KDM who didn't have any scene but still came to watch the shooting. In the end his mic got taken out by the staffs.
A: It's a story about hospital life which is very normal, interesting and relate-able with everyone. We are having fun while shooting it so I hope you can anticipate a lot and please watch the drama live.

JKH Interview
A: Today is my first day of shooting (shooting scenes where he met with his girlfriend in front of the office and broke up because the girl was driving under influence). Honestly I feel so happy to work again with the team from 'Wise Prison Life'. I am always feels nervous but at the same time I am comfortable and have a great time until the end. 
- KDM was also there to watch and support the first shooting. JMD who was preparing for her scene was also there to support JKH. They have a small talk about whether the hospital is empty during the weekend. KDM jokingly said he made it empty to make their shooting done comfortably and JKH jokingly answered that they felt uncomfortable
A: The story is fun and together with good seniors, I think we can make a memorable drama. Please anticipate it

KDM Interview
A: Working with a team who has worked together for a long time, I felt quite nervous but I felt comfortable as the time goes by and had fun during the shooting. (His first scenes was at the cafeteria where he take the coupon for the lunch)
Q: How is your chemistry with the rest of Class 99 Medical School members?
A: While we were talking, everyone would participate and say their opinion and we were having fun. I felt thankful for those happy times
A: You might feel that today is a hard day but I hope you can find a good time while watching us. Please anticipate our drama!

JMD Interview
A: My first shooting scene was when I was alone and got inside my car 
(JKH and KDM were there to support her. They were joking with the staff and pretended to be shocked when asked for an interview. KDM playfully pretended to be the interviewer and asked JKH some words about his reason to join the drama. JKH said jokingly he only did what he told to do and KDM agreed with him.)
A: -cont- and today (the day of the interview) is my first time to shoot together with other actors, we were wearing our doctors outfit and talking together. It feels like we are really doctors. It was an exciting and fun. Please don't forget to watch our drama live. I think this is a drama that can heal your soul. Please give us your interest. Thank you

Q: What #hastag will you use to describe Hospital Playlist?
KDM: #ObgynDepartment #KimDaeMyung
YYS: #PediatricSurgery
JKH: #CardiothoracicSurgery
JMD: #HealthCheckUp
JJS: #HepatobiliaryPancreaticSurgery (korean words kan-dam-chwe)

JJS: And how about a short poem using the characters?
Kan - kangyeolhago (simple)
Dam - damdamhage malhaebogo sipseumnida (I wan to say it calmly)
Chwe - chwe go (the best)

Translate: (I want to say it calmly and with a simple word. It's the best)

----------

@larus I saw the first page and there were several actors whose characters name have yet to be known. This is what I got from naver, hope it can help to complete the list. (I put it under spoiler in case my post is too long)

Spoiler

source: https://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/9804978/broadcastInfo/castCard

Hospital staff that have appeared until ep 2

Jung Mun Sang as Do Jae Hak (Chief Resident of cardiothoracic surgery)
Moon Tae Yoo as Yong Seok Min (Chief Resident of neurosurgery)
Shin Hyun Bin as Jang Gyeo Wool (General Surgery Resident)
Kim Jun Han as Ahn Chi Hong (Neurosurgery Resident)
Choi Young Jun as Bong Kwang Hyun (Assistant Professor for ER)
Ha Yoon Kyung as Heo Seon Bin (Neurosurgery Resident)
Jo Yi Hyun as Jang Yoon Bok (female twin, 3rd year student of medical school)
Bae Hyun Sung as Jang Hong Do (male twin, 3rd year student of medical school)
Shin Do Hyun as Bae Jun Hee (ER fellow)
Jo Seung Yeon as Ju Jeon (Yulje Director)
Yang Jo A as Hwang Jae Sin (Neurosurgery PA Head Nurse)
Kim Joon as Lee Woo Joo aka U-Ju (Ik Joon's son)
Seo Jin Won as Min Ki Joon (Neurosurgery Professor)
Jeon Kwang Jin as Jong Se Hyuk (Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery Fellow)
Yoon Hye Ri as So Yi Hyun (Cardiothoracic Surgery PA Head Nurse)
Ahn Eun Jin as Choo Min Ha (ObGyn Resident)
Kim Hye In as Myung Eun Won (ObGyn Resident)

Probably appears in the upcoming episodes

Kim Su Jin as Song Su Bin (General Surgery Head Nurse)
Lee No A as Lee Young Ha (Surgery Ward Nurse)
Lee Dal as Kim Jae Hwan (Surgery Ward Nurse)
Lee Hye Eun as Gook Hae Sung (Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery PA Head Nurse)
Kim Bi Bi as Ham Deok Ju (Transplant Surgery Coordinator)
Lee Ji Won as Han Hyeon Hee (Pediatric Surgery Nurse)
Kim Ji Sung as Han Seung Joo (ObGyn Nurse)
Seol Yoo Jin as Eun Seon Jin (ObGyn PA Nurse)

• Thanks 3

Hi guys, finally I watch hospital playlist. Whoa, it’s only 1 episode per week. Loving it already as fans of JJS! Although I think he has not many scenes yet. 

I also like the other actors too.

But I really like Song Hwa here. She has her charms, bit different with other usual female character somehow. 

Will there be a love story among them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Hi guys, finally I watch hospital playlist. Whoa, it’s only 1 episode per week. Loving it already as fans of JJS! Although I think he has not many scenes yet. 

I also like the other actors too.

But I really like Song Hwa here. She has her charms, bit different with other usual female character somehow. 

Will there be a love story among them?

no love story please :grimace: haha they are nice just the way they are...at least for me :blush: 

love love medical drama :heart:

still expecting more story of jjs/jkh and kdm

• Like 1

For my opinion, i think its junwan likes songhwa (till now),

but songhwa liked jungwon (when they are still on meds school not now) and she too focused in her job now. As the song they sing at the past goes 'someone who take care of little things'

And jungwon just a caring buddy.

But jungwon as in the description of his character he want to be priest nothing can beat it (even his love in his 20s).

So he might like someone on his meds school (could be songhwa) but its not his priority. 

Sorry for my broken english.

• Like 2

Newcomer actress Lee Noh-Ah joined drama Wise doctor LifeHospital Playlist.

2020032614380117665_2.jpg

In Noah is a nurse in the surgical ward Lee Young-ha and is the right arm of Song Soo-bin, a senior nurse, and a 10-year-old nurse most trusted and trusted by seniors.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020032614380117665&MS2

Stills

406255_277503_5313.jpg

http://www.intronews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=406255

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, habromanic said:

Just got off from a few screenshots. It seems like Dr. Jang will be tied with both Ikjun and Jungwon. Can’t say I’m happy with the development but we’ll see how it goes.

No, Ikjun trying to set up Jungwon with dr.jang. He is just a harmless flirts, nothing dangerous i guess with my limited without subtitle knowledge    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jareen said:

No, Ikjun trying to set up Jungwon with dr.jang. He is just a harmless flirts, nothing dangerous i guess with my limited without subtitle knowledge    

Hi, I was just about to update my post as well. Heh. I think love lines this time will be pretty much linear which is good.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Everyone looks the same to me here resident- wise. Is Dr Jang the smiling efficient doctor in the first few scenes in episode 2? Or the serious 3rd year resident who pulled out maggots? I can't work out if she is a good doctor or not after the way she spoke to the TA patient's mother. I can't work out why 11 GS consultants only has 1 resident.

There is another fair resident who seems to be taller than the others. Does anyone recognise the actor? He played a bad guy in another drama and the fact that I don't remember is bugging me.

I know a signature style for the PD/writer is that the is a romance or competition between the 2 male leads. That has always slightly traumatized me as I end up feeling so sorry for the 2nd male lead. I don't normally feel this way for most other dramas but it did for all 3 Reply series. I didn't like how little attention the writer paid to them in the end. I sincerely, honestly hope this doesn't happen here.

That is why when the director mentioned romance during the funeral it made me cringed. And then to have Jung Won be so involved in Song Hwa's life has made me wary. I don't see any interest in her from Ik Jun so far. Thank goodness.

I am all for romance provided the couple discover that they might have both liked each other back in med school. But it would seriously suck if a 20 year old friendship amongst 5 of them are affected if a 3 way love line develops.

They are 40 years old after. At least I think they are 40. Thanks to @alleram95 I now know they are Assoc Profs. I swear I hear them being called " Professor. " Song Hwa works too hard so I would probably prefer she enjoys life more and have a romance purely just so she isn't a workaholic. The main reason why I am disappointed that they are only Assoc Professors is the lack of power. They would be subjected to being bullied. 

I don't mind the patient stories and all other Reply series and the Prison Playbook did have a large ensemble cast and they did carried off the storyline well. But I am unsure if I feel as confident when there are so few episodes. Weren't there 2 romances in each Reply drama? So we are or should be getting 2?

YYS wouldn't have signed up for a drama where he wouldn't get the girl right? I am NOT saying this because I am shipping Song Hwa with him. I am not shipping any of the 4 men with her since I don't even know if the GS guy has a wife- since he has a kid but no visible wife. I am saying this from a traumatized viewer standpoint.

If I could predict what happens based on past writing then it will be on whoever has the most screen time with the female lead in the initial episodes. And that would make it Jung Won. But that group of doctors are kinda workaholic doctors. Hard to see them suddenly drop work hours for romance. I am not even sure any of them are good candidates to be boyfriend or girlfriend to anyone to be honest.

I am still watching but this time find the scene switching a bit fast for the series. The scene transitions have been a bit abrupt. A lot and I mean a lot of side characters. If you consider the 5 main cast. Substitute the parents in the other Reply series with the number of residents on screen it's about the same number of secondary characters. But it somehow feels as if there are too many things happening on screen for anyone to get their story in that one episode. Maybe it's because we have to add in the patient stories.

Any of the residents stand out for you guys yet? I counted about 5 residents and 2 students. But can't recall if I miss another female resident or lost another 2 male residents.

See what I mean? 

Preview for ep 4

Short version

Hard Sub

Dr Bong: Let me make a short summary about those 5 people. Listen carefully. Firstly the prick Lee Ik Jun is a successful doctor. That's according to what Ik Jun said
Dr Bong: Seok Hyeong, well you probably knew about him, didn't you? 
SHwa: He said he wanted to meet with his mom
SHyeong: Mom, what should I do with my salary? 
Dr Bong: Joon Wan is... 
JWan: HEY!!!
JWan: Just where in the hell are you going you jerk?
Dr Bong: Song Hwa has almost a perfect life
SHwa: If I quit as a doctor I want to be a substitute driver
Dr Bong: Sometimes she has her flaws too
Dr Bong: So, who do you want to know that you are looking for me? 
Dr Jang: Ahn Jeong Won

Long Version

Dr Bong: From their dating life to their family, I can tell you everything about them
Dr Bong: Joon Wan is
JWan: HEY!!!
JWan: Where the hell are you going you jerk?
Dr Bong: Seok Hyeong is... I think you probably knew about him
SHwa: He said he wanted to meet with his mom
SHyeong: Mom, what should I do with my salary?
Dr Bong: Lee Ik Jun this jerk is
IJ: I am busy! I am busy earning money. I have to take care both of my son and the patients
Dr Bong: Song Hwa has almost a perfect life
SHwa: Once I quit as a doctor, I want to be a substitute driver
Dr Bong: He/She is a very innocent person
Dr Bong: So who are you wanting to know about that you look for me?
Dr Jang: Ahn Jeong Won
JWan: You! If you meet with SHyeong don't ever tell about it with him. He will blow up his top (becomes furious)
JWon: I got it
Woman: Everyone is very sensitive about it
Dr Do: Really? I didn't mean it like that
Female doctor: I have a bad feelings about this
SHwa: Once someone had a bad experience like that, it's normal for them to feel that
Female doctor 1: The patient is feeling anxious
SHyeong: Why didn't you do anything?

SPOILER ALERT FOR EP 3

Spoiler

- Yes, we finally see IJ's wife. Only for a short time and she asked for a divorce. She and IJ lived separately and the last time they met was 1,5 years ago. She came to spend the children day with WJ but at the end of the day, WJ got sick because of his peanut allergy which strangely his mother didn't know
- Dr Jang got a crush in JWon. She got closer with IJ to gain more information about her crush
- Dr Ahn (the resident) looks like have a crush with SHwa. When she was harsh to him, others might see that he must have a hard time but he just smiles. And the one who gives the new shoes is him!
- JWan shines as a doctor in this episode. He tries to make the twins to enter the cardiothoracic surgery and because of his successful operation for baby's heart win their favor. After all, he got hooked with cardiothoracic because of similar experience too in the past
- SH still didn't appear so much in ep 3 other than the gathering with his friends but I think in the upcoming ep 4, he and ObGyn will be the center of the story

3rd OST will be sung by our own JJS! It's a remake song of Cool - Aloha. We even got the full version sung by the 5 of them in ep 3

https://tv.naver.com/v/13067379/list/581803

For those who wants to know about the original song (this is one of my favorites)

Spoiler

Eng Trans (source kpoply.com)

Candle under the dark light
Our promise in the glasses of wine
I’ll always be staying with u for protecting u
Cuz u are the one who trust me

What I wish is just one thing
Wish for the forever happiness
Even it’s not brilliant and dreamlike
It’s okay if ur with me

Don’t worry (I believe) Always (I believe)
I won’t forget this moment
For ur smile (I believe) in my arms
Won’t lose its light forever

Cause your love is so sweet you are my everything
This is not a sweet word just for this first night together
I’m not going to be changed
I’ll see only u always

Oh~

You light up my life you are the one in my life
Even I lose all my thing
I won’t regret, cuz I have unchangeable love

For only u

For me, the most valuable thing for me is u, not me
I cannot swear in a word, however, I love only u
Sometimes like friends, sometimes like lovers, till the day I die, I love only u.

Always think that we’re the one
The trust which will not sway

I wish we share our sad and happy memories

Promise me (I believe) When ur undergoing the hard time (I believe)
I’ll be the shade for u
For ur smile(I believe)in my arms
Won’t lose its light forever

Cause your love is so sweet you are my everything
This is not a sweet word just for this first night together
I’m not going to be changed
I’ll see only u always

Oh~

Even I lose all my thing

Even I lose all my thing

All I ever want is… your love

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

@alleram95 Ahn Chi Hong! Got it thanks for the naming him. His voice is so distinctive. No wonder I didn't recognise him. He was the scumbag ex in One Spring Night.  

I did like his looks in that drama. But I am happy to see him in Hospital Playlist. 

But geez there are 12 doctors besides the 5. Way too many for my brain to remember. 

• Like 2

@ck1Oz actually YYS has signed up to quite a number of dramas where he didn't get the girl :sweatingbullets:

Looks like some of our earlier speculations are correct. The new development is really interesting. There is a lot to discuss. I will come back tomorrow. Cheers everyone! 

• Like 2