[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

(Eng sub)[Hospital Playlist Ep. 9 Married Doctors Review] Interns don't just cut hair!

[Hospital Playlist Ep. 10 Review] The stark difference between a doctor couple watching love-lines!

they are real life doctors married couple,they said hospital playlist is very realistic medical drama,also they explain to viewers some of the medical term in the drama. also the female doctor pointed for someone who really cheap about lending cigaretes and he just crush just like that,there something about gyeo eul in jeong won mind.

• Like 9

Wow, this thread is moving so fast since yesterday. I enjoy reading all of your theory and analysis.  

I had major heartbreak with reply 88 and that feeling still haunting me, so when i see this drama on netflix, i was hestitant. I starting asking to myself. Is it okay to watching this? I will skip this, there are ton other drama to watch. But, wait? There is JO JUNG SUK. JO JUNG SUK FOR GOD SAKE! Because my love to jo jung suk, i convince myself to watch first episode. First episode is way better than my prediction. And, knowing jo jung suk as a married man and a father of cute boy make relieved a bit because there no way a hunting husband plot exist right? the main female lead has boyfriend. So, I guess this drama pure about friendship. Ok, so I’m on.

In the end of the day, I realized that shin pd is friend of Na Pd, both of them are evil genius, don’t even trust them. Shin pd and lee woo jung are excellent when it come revealing thing bit a bit, and make me us keep guessing and falling for the same trap all over again. Before I start watching hospital playlist, I said to myself, ‘lets watch for fun, don’t even try to shipping’.

But they keep playing with my heart, how can I not shipping when they make such a effortless and beautifull romantic scene. My heart almost stop when junwan confronted songhwa ex boyfriend. He is so damn cool. Then I started thinking, they look cute together. But, in the end episode 4, kyung hoo visited iksun. Honestly, i’m lil bit sad, but Jung Kyung Hoo smitten face is too cute to be hated. This guy is epitome of tsundere.

Then as episode goes, I try enjoyed episode without thinking and anylisis so much. Episode 6 is turning point, especially the scene where ikjun accompanying song hwa in hospital. To be honest, I’m perfectly fine if ik jun has no love line, he already has cute uju. I’m live for ikjun antic, he is so funny. I love if ikjun will end up with songhwa. But, even if things don’t going well with them, I think they will be fine. They are forty years old, has been through so much problem, has been friend for 20 years old. They will be fine.

*sorry for my bad english

• Like 15
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It is definitely IkSun. The term Uju used is “ku-mu” which is the specific term to call the sister of one’s father. Any other female friends of father will be generally called “yi-mu” (also the term to call the sister of one’s mother)

Thank you so much. I don't understand Korean, so you really help me with that term. Thanks :D

4 hours ago, Andrew - said:

I may be wrong, from what I remember, there are typically no new OSTs released on the finale week of the drama, meaning if there is a OST by JMD, good chance it will be this week as the final OST release.

which means 2 more days to go! :D

From what I see, I think the singer of each episode from episode 1 is listed from the bottom picture. So, it looks like SongHwa will sing the OST for episode 11 (because her picture is the 11th from the bottom or 3rd from the top) and there will be another song from another singer (I don't know her name) for episode 12. And maybe there will be another songs form Mido and Falasol too because their picture is the 13th picture (or the 1st from the top picture) or it simply because they sang some songs in the drama and they will release it too. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I saw another clip with edits on twitter and I died laughing :joy: Poor Ikjun all his confidence just melted into awkwardness HAHAHA Songhwa really knows how to make him stay put and shut up.

On the OSTs, given that the next episode will feature a karaoke scene and for sure someone will be singing there, I think there’s a possibility to get an OST from that just like Aloha. Based on the album they released, season 1 would have 13 OST singers. If I remember correctly, they’ve released 11 OSTs with singers so we know we can expect 2 more aside from possible instrumental OSTs. So maybe at least 1 per episode left?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

55 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

When the writer bring the end game in the latest episodes  :joy:

** I’m someone who can’t wait for 3 season 

# can’t wait for ep 11:D

I'm not sure how I'd be feeling about this twist :D

First drama and first couple which has literally given me sleepless nights LOL.

Should I get ready to be clowned :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Just for completeness’ sake, since I was looking at Crocs, IJ has Jibbitz on his too (but we’ve never really had a close up).  Is that white one a snowflake on his right foot Croc?  :wub:  My other favorite couple IJ-Jang (surely there’s a better shipping name for them - must think hard to give them one) :lol:

hospital-playlist11.jpeg

Cr - Official poster 

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

@nrllee  I do not know about the crocks. But in the latest episode when Jeong Won was trying to act  busy instead  of congratulating Gyeo Ul his desk did have snow globe on it.  Though it is a common GS room they do seem to have individual workstations given to them. Their post its are on the workstations and another personal items too.C08-C9757-2999-408-D-955-E-A23555-D5-A27

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I asked this before, does anyone have any theories on why we have Rosa-Chairman relationship in this show, instead of mom and dad groups and showing camaraderie amongst them? the sole focus seems to be on childhood friendship.

Does it signify something?

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Doremi said:

I do not know about the crocks. But in the latest episode when Jeong Won was trying to act  busy instead congratulating Gyeo Ul his desk did have snow globe on it.

I don’t think that’s his desk.  It was a common computer anyone could use I think.  That’s the staff common room or something?  Or the staff room for GS?  GS staff hang out in that room a lot.  He has his own office with his personal stuff on it.  Snow globe in the GS common room.  Interesting.  Thanks for that pick up.

@enigmatic_zephy my take is that it signifies that you can rediscover love again.  IJ and SH have had failed marriages.  So they can rediscover new loves.  And like you pointed out, the possibility that long time friends can turn into lovers.  And their (Ju/Rosa) relationship just highlights how smooth that transition can be?  They already know each other so well?  Their banter is great.  Which is why I am on the FlowerGarden canoe.  In that Kalgaksu scene (which PD already pointed out was critical), Andrea didn’t need to be asked, but he instinctively passed SHwa a pain relief patch as soon as she massaged her neck.  Then she sniffed and he instinctively passed on a tissue (again without being asked).  They moved together like a well oiled machine.  He was the only person conscious of her needs at that dinner table.  He’s the one to complement her. :).  He sees her when others don’t.  Contrast that with Jang.  She is unseen to him.  The man who sees Jang for all that she is right from the beginning, is IJ.  That’s how I work out ultimate pairings with this duo.  They like to pair couples with the same ideals, same values.  They don’t pair up couples who put each other down in public.  When IJ tried to change SHwa’s eating habits and berate her for buying the wood stove, that was a big hint to me that he wasn’t the one for her.  Just like in Reply1988 when JungHwan kept picking on DeokSun for her messy eating, he didn’t get the girl in the end.  To work out where the end game is likely to be, I profile the writer and PD to work out what they like and what their world view is. Once you get that down, you’re in a better position to guess at where they are heading with the story.  Dramas are their artwork.  They use it as a means to convey their own thoughts, convictions and self to the world.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

OMG now I feel Pd/writer nim must have put a warning advertising into the description for this drama

”please for reference take note of my previous works or the result could be different from the expectations “

Just kidding :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

IJ has Jibbitz on his too (but we’ve never really had a close up).  Is that white one a snowflake on his right foot Croc?  

Hmm, I see flower. White flower :D 

No one can convince me otherwise unless there is a closer and clearer view ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Awesome 3

Just focus on your main ship. don't need to try match someone to make your main ship sail. are you feel insecure about your main ship? if me, I will try to find all the details about my main ship to support my ship. no need to focus on finding details or faults from other characters to make your ship still afloat.

Just my 2 cent opinion. peace you all. :smile::blush:

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, sakura22 said:

I feel that it is a waste of talent and viewer's time (rather my time) if we are meant to find and analyse objects in the frame instead of following the story through the words, sounds and faces. 

Sorry to cut your post. I actually agree with the above part. But this writer and director pair has some certain way they execute their scripts. Their regular audience are used to it and expecting it.They use acting talent as well as various props ,colors ,music and what not.  As viewers it is upto us if we want to obsess over it or not. I generally do not pay attention to these sort of details because I find it distracting while watching.But there are viewers who love to find the clues and speculate. I think they are providing for both audiences. Even if we ignore all these props and just follow the story I do not think we are missing anything. Winter garden couple is my bias so may be I notice more things when it comes to them :)

• Like 11
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, zonk90 said:

Just focus on your main ship. don't need to try match someone to make your main ship sail. are you feel insecure about your main ship? if me, I will try to find all the details about my main ship to support my ship. no need to focus on finding details from other characters to make your ship still afloat.

Let people say what they want to say, the more different analysis we have the better because there’s things they may see that we can’t. 
It’s just a show lol you don’t have to agree, that’s the beauty of it all.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I have 2 ships I am sailing. FlowerGarden and IJ-Jang.  I am finding hints for both.  IJ is perfect for Jang.  He sees her.  He defends her.  He is so self sacrificing that he wants her happiness above all else, even if it means giving her up to his competitor JeongWon.  There was a significant pause when he did that pep talk to JeongWon after he went on the spiel espousing all her positive points (he sees her :wub:)

IJ - That’s why I want her to be happy……..(LONG significant pause, he looks almost sad to blurt this next bit out :tears:)…with my friend, JeongWon.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

IJ - That’s why I want her to be happy……..(LONG significant pause, he looks almost sad to blurt this next bit out :tears:)…with my friend, JeongWon.

:lol: Being an expressive person that he is, Ik Jun was pausing for a dramatic effect on JWon. You really should continue watching that scene because after that, he was all smiles and teasing JWon. And also smiling proudly as he took his leave. Let’s not forget the happy BGM after he spoke those words and message received by JWon. Turn the volume up and you will notice it. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, zonk90 said:

Just focus on your main ship. don't need to try match someone to make your main ship sail. are you feel insecure about your main ship? if me, I will try to find all the details about my main ship to support my ship. no need to focus on finding details from other characters to make your ship still afloat.

That why I say I have to be a silent reader.

I notice a pattern for the past few pages. I just do not wanna comment on it cuz we gonna respect their views.

I afraid I might reply something inappropriate instead, LOL

• Like 4
  • Love 8

We’re allowed 3 ships yeah (as per the poll above)?  My 3rd is Capt Ahn and SeonBin (the female NS resident).  Should SHwa refuse him (previews for tomorrow have him sitting in his bunk looking sad (like Jang did when Andrea refused her dinner offer)), SeonBin for him.  Yong is leaving soon to “study”.  So that clears the deck for these 2.  Yong thought they were a couple in the beginning when he talked to the twins and asked if they were a couple.  :wub:  Okay my 3 ships are now public.  I am no longer a closet shipper.  I am coming out.  MinHa and SH don’t count because they seem to already be well on their way - they have set sail.

• Love 1