Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been chatting with @kokodus offline and she persuaded me to post my thoughts on the latest episode. So blame her if you think I've gone off the rocker...    Episode 8 was beautifully pu

Re: Crossing and drawing the line   Much has been discussed about Chihong crossing the line, and Songhwa drawing the line. I plan to do a character analysis on Chihong, so more on that late

In HP, dining scenes are often used to illustrate human relationships. This one is obvious: asking someone out for a meal is an indication of romantic feelings.       And the

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 8:19 PM, zonk90 said:

That line became blurred or disappeared coz of rain.. they already in same place now.. she just need make decision to stay or get out from that place..

I saw this and I compiled all the 'vertical line' moments in this scene separating the two of them. (Ikjun has a lot of vertical lines in his apartment so it's perfect!).3QZGmCV.jpg

(Ikjun's reflection is on the right...)

ooNiaWh.jpg

nNjF6Dh.jpg

(and what the original post had)

Spoiler

7X65sDd.jpg

bC6jTaD.jpg

(the line is gone b/c of the rain)

I don't know if this is on purpose but I thought it was really cool :). (first post ever btw)

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, wildcherry said:

As for IJ & SHwa, they’re cute and she will make a good mother to Uju. However if IJ never confess to SH before because of he care for  SHyeon feeling, than confessing to her now won’t make SHyeon go away. Also is it ok for SHwa, being by IJ’s side, seeing him dating all those girls, including the actress, and seeing he got married to Uju’s mom, their happy days together, their problems & divorce, would it be ok for her to accept IJ now? Its like he dated all those women, married one of them but not working, then only goes back to SH & expect her to receive him with an open arm? Sure she’s a good friend but to accept him because his fail relationship just doesn’t seem fair to her. It’s better if he meets a new woman with him current status & work it out from there. Honestly SHwa & CH isn’t bad too. 

Shwa is not an innocent child, she is not a virgin either, she dated around too. They may or may not happening, but Why wouldnt be okay to accept his love now? Why? I failed to understand this part. So people with failed marriage cant pursue the one he love? Why?

And later if shwa love him back,, you think it still unfair to her? 

Whats different with meeting a new woman or finally pursue his long time love? Shwa is a new woman in his life too, since he saw her as a friend after he give up on her for a friend. 

Chihong is a good match too.

But Seeing people saying this making me going 'huh?' whats about being a divorcee? 

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 4
22 hours ago, nrllee said:

So question I guess is if she opts to go for the undercurrent story or the obvious story?  Why bother with the undercurrent story at all?  It’s a total waste of screen time and dialogue space?

I was the same before, only going for the obvious story until I realized that there's more to this drama. Somehow I admire the writer, director, production team in putting more effort in their intricate works. I am glad that I am noticing the small details, that I am able to appreciate the works and all the planning and hard work they'd put in. For me its not just a slice of life, feel good drama, its a work of art :) 

Like for example the picture of UK Flag (The Union Jack) I wonder why it kept appearing and what it means. First ep, 1st scene, its about the Re-Union of friends. Then there it was again when Junwan was wearing a silver suit, he was going to attend a wedding (meaning a union of 2 people.) It also appeared on the side table of one of the director when Junwan agreed to be a dept.head (Contract=Union)  then ep.10 when the band was playing it was on the speaker behind Junwan, before it was revealed that Iksun got accepted for UK... 

Another example, Ep.10 at the restaurant when Chihong pushed his glass to Shwa, when they were discussing about dating in their dept., the glass was half-full. It's the proverbial phrase 'Glass half-full, half empty.' Meaning Chihong is being optimistic about dating SHwa...The harvest moon that the NS group were looking at also has an interpretation. 

The Lion on the head-board of woo joo's bed, means courage, before IkJun's shared his feelings for SongHwa...there are so many more... and lastly, Shwa's shoe size its UK size 3 :rolleyes:;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, wildcherry said:

To date I haven’t seen any part of Andrea showing any romantic interest towards GW

Writer is setting SHwa and Andrea (JWon) together.  Their names even foretold this.  She’s a flower and his name means Garden.  There’s a Flower Garden instrumental piece, yes that is it’s title for real, from Reply 1988.  The riff that is played is the same as that of the main theme song in HP (you can hear it in the background).  It’s too similar not to be planted (pun intended).  SHwa was impressed with Andrea this episode.  She’s seeing him in a new light when he talked about the DLL program.  I would say it’s a turning point for her. Much as I would like to think that IJ and SHwa will end up together, her response to his “confession” didn’t bode well for him.  That and the fact that that whole scene played out like a nice “dream”, a wish on the part of IJ.  SHwa kept telling him to sleep but he kept refusing to (for fear that when he wakes up again it will all disappear).  It was actually quite sad to watch.  And then the camera pans with the blurring of their figures inside as it’s filmed from the outside with no clarity.  A nice “dream” but not reality. 

And personally I think Jang’s affections have already shifted to IJ.  Her smile at the BTS coffee that the mom gave her was that of her remembering the man who gave her 2 earlier. She chose to stay with IJ in GS when she could’ve stayed with Andrea in the Pediatric department.  Funny how both she and her bestie MinHa now like their respective Professors from the same department.  

7 minutes ago, nrllee said:

That and the fact that that whole scene played out like a nice “dream”, a wish on the part of IJ.  SHwa kept telling him to sleep but he kept refusing to (for fear that when he wakes up again it will all disappear).  

This actually can make sense IF she told him to sleep after he make that confession.

But its the other way around, and after that confession, shwa be making him a coffee, so :joy:

• LOL 9
23 minutes ago, revel best said:

This actually can make sense IF she told him to sleep after he make that confession.

But its the other way around, and after that confession, shwa be making him a coffee,

Did you notice how uncharacteristically subdued he was?  He was not his usual jovial IJ self.  He was sad.  So even the coffee scene was part of the dream/wish sequence.  The blurring of their figures at the end of the scene is when the dream ends.  The whole dream/wish started when he got back.  That’s why the camera had a brief pan to the moon just before IJ walked into the apartment and took off his shoes to find SHwa with UJu.  The writer specifically had the scene earlier about “wishes” and the moon?  When SHwa and her residents were walking out of the hospital?  So that whole domestic scene where they are caring for UJu together, having breakfast, making coffee, washing up etc...all part of a dream/wish that IJ had.  That’s why he was melancholic through that whole sequence. 

8 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Did you notice how uncharacteristically subdued he was?  He was not his usual jovial IJ self.  He was sad.  So even the coffee scene was part of the dream/wish sequence.  The blurring of their figures at the end of the scene is when the dream ends.  The whole dream/wish started when he got back.  That’s why the camera had a brief pan to the moon just before IJ walked into the apartment and took off his shoes to find SHwa with UJu.  The writer specifically had the scene earlier about “wishes” and the moon?  When SHwa and her residents were walking out of the hospital?  So that whole domestic scene where they are caring for UJu together, having breakfast, making coffee, washing up etc...all part of a dream/wish that IJ had.  That’s why he was melancholic through that whole sequence. 

Well iam not gonna comment on that bcs we clearly had different meaning, i just want to pointed out that dream thingy you said that clearly didnt match, Since the blurring of the figure i actually think to erase their visible lines and make it invisible, but you can have other theory. 

About that wishes with her resident, isnt that mean she didnt have any wishes too? Not on anyone (not only for ij). She comfortable like this now, We dk about later. 

That caring for uju is not ij wishes or even his dream, its real and it happened  :joy:

• Like 10
  • Love 1

The other thing to take note of is that whole flower proposal scene.  It was meant to get someone jealous yeah?  But who was it that ended up being jealous?  That his surgery wasn’t picked?  Who was it that mouthed the words, “after all that I’ve done for you? I hate you” and stormed out?  It wasn’t Andrea who was nonplussed.  It was her boyfriend-to-be.  IJ.  I think Jang turned the tables on IJ at the last minute to gauge his response and she got what she wanted to see.  He was upset that she picked Andrea instead of him :lol:.  

• Love 1

@sakura22  There is a shot of Gyeo Ul’s glasses, phone and id card neatly arranged in the basket when she was sick. Looking at Jeong Won’s habit of cleaning and arranging things may be it was to indicate he was there while they were asleep. This is just a speculation.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1
29 minutes ago, nhquan94 said:

Read this forum and I notice: "Wow you are a strong Shwa and Jwon shipper"

No I am not a shipper.  I didn’t vote in the polls. I just read what the writer is intending to do as she tells the story. And everything she’s done (and PD) has been to point at that pairing.  Just like the IJ-Jang pairing.  I believe she will reveal it by the by.  Did you know that there’s an instrumental piece in Reply1988 titled (of all things) Flower Garden?  And it’s been included as a riff in the background of the main theme song of HP (just released)?  Just like that riff is playing in the background of the theme song, FlowerGarden has been playing in the background all along and will continue to do so till the final reveal. It’s too deliberate on the part of P.D. and Writer to do that for it not to mean anything.  I am patiently waiting for her to reveal more but I realize that it’s a 3 season drama so it will take a while. :).  In the meantime I am happy to read all the other takes on her story as viewed by others.  It’s always interesting to see how others view the same piece of work. 

Flowers bloom in a Garden. Depends on which part of her name you want to pick out. Flower Garden was what that ship was called from the beginning?  I didn’t coin it someone else did.  Just like Winter Garden was coined by shippers.  :lol:

EDIT - your comment about Pine Forest inadvertently gave me another link.  The OST just released which has the FlowerGarden riff playing in the background is titled Beyond the Rainbow Forest.  Thank you for pointing that out to me. 

TBH at this stage of the drama, any of the pairings beyond the obvious ones will be a troll and a slap to the audiences' face.

so much more screentime and story have been invested (and plain obvious imo) to the pairings that everyone has been talking about.

Of course there can be further developments into the other possible pairings later in to the seasons, but im sure the writer/director will ease us into that portion if it does happen, and we will be more than willing to accept it.

Remember at the end of the day, this is a drama for korean audiences and casual drama watchers, they see what is being put plainly in front of them and will expect the drama to go a certain way. Why were there such an uproar in both the korean and intl community for reply88 pairing ? Because both pairings were given ample/adequate screentime and development, and thus no matter either taek-deoksun or junghwan-deoksun happening would have caused an uproar. I think the writer has learnt her lesson from this.

Finally, there is a difference between exploring other possible pairings and exploring possible pairings and subtly shoving it in our throats. It is honestly getting annoying. My two cents. :)

• Like 11
  • Love 6

I want point out some thing too..

1. Chocolate. JW give 2 chocopie to GW, Ik-Soon give 2 pieces chocolate to Jwan too.. So that’s mean we can symbolize it as the start their love story/loveline, right ? I think I will read someone will say IJ give chocolate too.. so I give more explanation again.. IJ make same gesture like IS n JW about give chocolate, but chocolate amount they give different.. 2 pieces VS so many.
  2. Interview n Relay-Cam. SH comment about plot twist, it’s when first interview they start shooting this drama. So she will expect plot twist coz drama just start shooting. When GW relay cam, we got name Father - Daughter for IJ n GW part n we got name Winter Garden for JW n GW part. N dont forget slip tongue JW give when he said he want pick GW but priesthood stop him, n JW tight seal his mouth after he said that.. it’s like he make mistake coz he spoil the plot. You want believe SH comment about plot twist but ignore YYS comment about want pick GW n Winter Garden nickname when he’s the one who give us name Winter Garden. So please see it as a whole thing not just what you want to see..
  3. Winter Garden. Flower garden name more make sense than winter garden name ? Check this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Garden Winter Garden it’s a thing too..
  4. Reply series VS Wise life series.. I think chingu-deul in here already post article about pre-production interview from PD-nim. First name for this drama, It’s hospital playbook. N they change it to hospital playlist coz PD-Nim will connect viewer to drama with song..

Sorry for my bad English.. It's just some point I just remember for now..

N for cigarette thing.. Let's just hear this song for now.. Check mins 1:20 :lol::lol:

• Like 17
9 minutes ago, superspace said:

Friends who read hangul and understand korean, is this true? :)

Did TVN give us confirmation for the love lines? :wub:

Yup, the hangeul hashtag is correct, although idk if its ad or something else

• Like 7
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2020