[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

The other thing to take note of is that whole flower proposal scene.  It was meant to get someone jealous yeah?  But who was it that ended up being jealous?  That his surgery wasn’t picked?  Who was it that mouthed the words, “after all that I’ve done for you? I hate you” and stormed out?  It wasn’t Andrea who was nonplussed.  It was her boyfriend-to-be.  IJ.  I think Jang turned the tables on IJ at the last minute to gauge his response and she got what she wanted to see.  He was upset that she picked Andrea instead of him :lol:.  

• Love 1

@sakura22  There is a shot of Gyeo Ul’s glasses, phone and id card neatly arranged in the basket when she was sick. Looking at Jeong Won’s habit of cleaning and arranging things may be it was to indicate he was there while they were asleep. This is just a speculation.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, nhquan94 said:

Read this forum and I notice: "Wow you are a strong Shwa and Jwon shipper"

No I am not a shipper.  I didn’t vote in the polls. I just read what the writer is intending to do as she tells the story. And everything she’s done (and PD) has been to point at that pairing.  Just like the IJ-Jang pairing.  I believe she will reveal it by the by.  Did you know that there’s an instrumental piece in Reply1988 titled (of all things) Flower Garden?  And it’s been included as a riff in the background of the main theme song of HP (just released)?  Just like that riff is playing in the background of the theme song, FlowerGarden has been playing in the background all along and will continue to do so till the final reveal. It’s too deliberate on the part of P.D. and Writer to do that for it not to mean anything.  I am patiently waiting for her to reveal more but I realize that it’s a 3 season drama so it will take a while. :).  In the meantime I am happy to read all the other takes on her story as viewed by others.  It’s always interesting to see how others view the same piece of work. 

Flowers bloom in a Garden. Depends on which part of her name you want to pick out. Flower Garden was what that ship was called from the beginning?  I didn’t coin it someone else did.  Just like Winter Garden was coined by shippers.  :lol:

EDIT - your comment about Pine Forest inadvertently gave me another link.  The OST just released which has the FlowerGarden riff playing in the background is titled Beyond the Rainbow Forest.  Thank you for pointing that out to me. 

TBH at this stage of the drama, any of the pairings beyond the obvious ones will be a troll and a slap to the audiences' face.

so much more screentime and story have been invested (and plain obvious imo) to the pairings that everyone has been talking about.

Of course there can be further developments into the other possible pairings later in to the seasons, but im sure the writer/director will ease us into that portion if it does happen, and we will be more than willing to accept it.

Remember at the end of the day, this is a drama for korean audiences and casual drama watchers, they see what is being put plainly in front of them and will expect the drama to go a certain way. Why were there such an uproar in both the korean and intl community for reply88 pairing ? Because both pairings were given ample/adequate screentime and development, and thus no matter either taek-deoksun or junghwan-deoksun happening would have caused an uproar. I think the writer has learnt her lesson from this.

Finally, there is a difference between exploring other possible pairings and exploring possible pairings and subtly shoving it in our throats. It is honestly getting annoying. My two cents. :)

• Like 11
  • Love 6

I want point out some thing too..

1. Chocolate. JW give 2 chocopie to GW, Ik-Soon give 2 pieces chocolate to Jwan too.. So that’s mean we can symbolize it as the start their love story/loveline, right ? I think I will read someone will say IJ give chocolate too.. so I give more explanation again.. IJ make same gesture like IS n JW about give chocolate, but chocolate amount they give different.. 2 pieces VS so many.
  2. Interview n Relay-Cam. SH comment about plot twist, it’s when first interview they start shooting this drama. So she will expect plot twist coz drama just start shooting. When GW relay cam, we got name Father - Daughter for IJ n GW part n we got name Winter Garden for JW n GW part. N dont forget slip tongue JW give when he said he want pick GW but priesthood stop him, n JW tight seal his mouth after he said that.. it’s like he make mistake coz he spoil the plot. You want believe SH comment about plot twist but ignore YYS comment about want pick GW n Winter Garden nickname when he’s the one who give us name Winter Garden. So please see it as a whole thing not just what you want to see..
  3. Winter Garden. Flower garden name more make sense than winter garden name ? Check this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Garden Winter Garden it’s a thing too..
  4. Reply series VS Wise life series.. I think chingu-deul in here already post article about pre-production interview from PD-nim. First name for this drama, It’s hospital playbook. N they change it to hospital playlist coz PD-Nim will connect viewer to drama with song..

Sorry for my bad English.. It's just some point I just remember for now..

N for cigarette thing.. Let's just hear this song for now.. Check mins 1:20 :lol::lol:

• Like 17

2 hours ago, superspace said:

Friends who read hangul and understand korean, is this true? :)

Did TVN give us confirmation for the love lines? :wub:

"Right here is the chemistry restaurant! All price of love-line is increase"

Below is 4 couple.

It is kinda for shadowing or just a marketing tease, who knows. Haha

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

No I am not a shipper.  I didn’t vote in the polls. I just read what the writer is intending to do as she tells the story. And everything she’s done (and PD) has been to point at that pairing.  Just like the IJ-Jang pairing.  I believe she will reveal it by the by. . 

You might not have voted but you are steering towards the ship.

However until now, even when I saw SHwa asking JWon to get married, I still cannot see the link between the two of them. Even with your theory, it still doesn’t make sense for me personally. :sweatingbullets:

Season 1 is almost ending and right now we only saw Ikjun and Ahn moving.

@nhquan94 I also think it is a marketing method since these are the four ships which majority of koreans are focusing on?

However, i hope it could be real, LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Hello everyone. It's been quite a while! We're approaching the 11th week of the drama and yet there are still counter arguments that exist. Ah, I'm indeed watching a Shin-Lee drama. Lol. Just gonna share my two cents about my best girl Songhwa, I have mentioned before that her character is non-romance centric and I'm happy that the she still is. Regardless of the romantic advancements expressed her way, so far she's still portrayed as a caring Professor towards Chihong and a reliable friend towards Ikjun. I honestly love her most when she's the charismatic, meticulous and empathetic professor of the Neurosurgery department and an aunt who dotes on Uju. Anyway, we have yet to see her still handling a devastating case but we've got more two seasons to go. So, I'm not on a rush.

On the romantic front though, I still see three potential partners for Songhwa. 

a.) Ikjun

EX-19ijUMAccANo?format=jpg&name=large

I'm personally rooting for Songhwa and Ikjun like most. I mean, how can I not? Ever since the breast cancer scare, Ikjun has always been there for Songhwa and what really stole my heart is this,

EX-3pRCVAAA_6jp?format=jpg&name=largeEX-3p2WUMAYB-rK?format=jpg&name=large

My heart melted a million times (along side a million repeat of this scene lol), when he said this. Who wouldn't? When asked how does he give himself for a treat, he mentioned it was through doing the things with Songhwa that she loves most: drinking coffee and eating. (I can't believe Songhwa didn't faint as soon as he said that) That notion alone already screams unconditional and selfless love. The moment they showed Ikjun on Uju's door everything felt raw, warm and surreal. (I absolutely love Jo Jungsuk's acting. Gah) Their dynamics flowed so genuinely together in a manner that reminds of the way the rain naturally falls on the ground. They're so in sync and accustomed with each other. Songhwa looked like she's been living in Ikjun's for a long time.

And I loved this too,

EX_NCaTVAAA65z3?format=jpg&name=large

(I'm giving credit on Jo Jung Suk's acting. He's so brilliant.) I love the way they utilized the mirror shot on this one, Ikjun was trying his best to stay casual despite him being jealous inside already. (anyway, I swooned on this moment so much because of Jo Jungsuk. heh). Anyhow, I think Ikjun does suit Songhwa best. He knows her inside and out and knows how to balance her. Shin-PD mentioned on his previous interview that the Kalguksu scene from Episode 2 is so important because we can draw the direction of the relationship of the Lacking Five from there and I was reminded of this,

Spoiler

EYL7Ud5U0AAQUKB?format=jpg&name=large

Songhwa's not the fussy type. She likes dealing things on her own. She's strong and independent and still Ikjun knows exactly when to show up for her. It strongly reminded me of the times when he showed up in Songhwa's biopsy result and when he waited for her because he knew she didn't have an umbrella. Songhwa didn't ask for him for both times but he just naturally showed up because he knew she needed someone anyway and I love that about him. I also love how he's so pro-active with her. His constant office visits to Songhwa is seriously swoon-worthy. I feel giddy over how he constantly makes and takes chances to spend time with her. I sincerely hope that Ikjun finally gets his timing with Songhwa. ㅠㅠㅠ (Don't sink me twice in a row in one show, Lee-Shin. Lol)

b.) Captain Ahn

Spoiler

EX_wp5HUYAAt6fV?format=jpg&name=large

I honestly love Captain Ahn's demeanour. He's so calm and gentle. I honestly can't see him as Songhwa's partner because all throughout, I think Songhwa sees him as her student. There's too much of a Mentor-Mentee dynamic in between them that it leaves no room for romance (especially from the end of Songhwa so far). But he was so cute during this scene,

Spoiler

EYAzkvPWsAMLSCZ?format=jpg&name=medium

The amount of admiration he has for Songhwa is honestly lovely. He likes learning about her, watching her from afar and respects her as his professor first and foremost. I honestly think, he's walking the unrequited love path though. Even his character description says so. However, I'm not counting him out because until now, I still haven't seen any direct stance from Songhwa in terms of romance.  And with Shin-Lee, you never know. It's good to keep my expectations open.

c.) Jeongwon (yes, Jeongwon lol)

Spoiler

EX_H98-UYAAM72u?format=jpg&name=large

There are barely less than five minutes between them but their first conversation was honestly Classic Lee-Shin canon couple. I would have disregarded this moment if not for this pause,

Spoiler

EYMBCf1UwAIZlaf?format=jpg&name=small

There was a significant pause right after her slip-up proposal and Jeongwon honestly held his breathe, like he didn't see it coming and was unprepared. I wouldn't disregard that as meaningless because instead of Jeongwon outright reacting with, "What are you saying?" or "Have you gone crazy?", they both shared momentary silence before Songhwa broke it. Between that millisecond gap, you could interpret that moments in so many angles: romantic ones included. Their dynamics is quite different compared to the others too. Songhwa with: (a) Ikjun is like a comfortable partner that balances her in so many levels; (b) with Junwan - she's his best pal, his equal; (c) with Seokhyung - she's like a mother figure, she looks out after him and checks him from time to time; and (d) with Jeongwon (based on their short screen time), she's playful (Episode 8 stunt), child-like (Jeongwon often talks to her in a soft, cooing manner) and his counterpart (trust on her for Daddy Long Legs) all at once. I know everyone is using this as a defense of shutting down their possibility,

Spoiler

EYDsS7YUYAE_Mdp?format=jpg&name=large

But what he said right after his Mom said there must be someone else can also be translated into this,

Spoiler

EYLM1f8UMAES88B?format=jpg&name=small

This honestly shifts the context and interpretation of the  whole conversation, atleast for me. So, yep. Anyway, doesn't really help either that Rosa was just urging him to get married and moments later, Songhwa misspeaks with a proposal. I also keep in mind that drops of simple dialogues in Lee's works can always turn out as colossal later on. Like how Junwan started out with just casually addressing the existence of Ikjun's sister and look where they are now. Honestly though, with Jeongwon and Songhwa, I have no idea who likes who. Lol. They both have established pairs separately but I just don't ever disregard their possibility as a pair. (Shin-Lee habit)

--

Spoiler

EX_dHJ_UEAUhBjv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Anyhow, still. Since Songhwa is the main female protagonist, I don't expect her romantic arcs to be tied soon. Shin-Lee likes to drag things all the way to the end. Lol. But I still love how Songhwa gives everyone an equal amount of attention, she doesn't really play favorites which makes her hard to read. She's consistently caring to everyone around her but she has this habit of keeping any romantic notions at arm's length because she puts so much focus on her profession. Anyway, I love her so much. Hehe. Before shipping her with anyone else, I will always be on Team Songhwa. Whoever her character ends up, I will support. Hehe. Romance is only a slice of her character and I loved watching her on the screen holistically. I love how they portray her character as a friend, a professor, a doctor and a daughter. I'm looking forward to her scenes with her family and I can't wait to see more of them in the coming seasons.

Anyway, can't help but comment with the lazy writing slander of Lee. :sweatingbullets: That's such an old tale. :sweatingbullets: It's a classic Shin-Lee slander. I just feel like it's an insult to their hardwork because the only facet that the ones who usually calls them out for that is the narrative of romance. There's so much to their stories than that. Let's stay chill with the shipping as much as we can. :) I don't really pull myself into one solid ship (although I always just hope) because I constantly remind myself that this is not my work and whatever happens was already in the cards because the writer is only bringing out the work she made for the viewers. She has her own choices and directions and I respect that. Everyone's free to like it or not though. 

And this is for everyone with their ships,

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5114734

I hope I'll get the energy to make a celebration post for Seokhyung because my best boy doesn't get enough love. Heh. See you all in Thursday! :)

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4

For me personally why I don’t feel like flower garden not my cup of tea :mrgreen:

1- I don’t see any chemistry at all . :D
2- Captain Ahn who interests in her only find Lee Ik Jun a threat :sweatingbullets:

3 - people in Yulje , who work with her ( meet the all fab 5 ) feel there something between Lee Ik jun & her . :phew:
4 - winter garden is my bias :tounge_wink:

5ec0acf0d53dd015225979.gif?download

5ec0acd95970f454362865.gif?download

• Like 13
  • Love 11

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

That’s why the camera had a brief pan to the moon just before IJ walked into the apartment and took off his shoes to find SHwa with UJu.  The writer specifically had the scene earlier about “wishes” and the moon?  When SHwa and her residents were walking out of the hospital? 

To be honest, SHwa’s asking Ikjun “What have you done for yourself lately?” reminded me of her moon-wishing scene with her residents who were asking her if she has any selfish or materialistic wishes. The wish she thought of was camping related and Seokmin said it doesn’t count. I feel like she was bouncing off a similar question back to Ikjun. To her surprise, Ikjun said that the meals they share is what he does for himself. After the indirect confession and realizing the rain, Songhwa went to open the window and looked up with a happy smile. This to me was not just Songhwa looking at the rain. The pan to the moon was to establish the time and setting that the moon can still be seen from outside. In my interpretation, Songhwa looking out the window was her finally making a selfish wish.

SsmQedy.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

Thank you @habromanic for a balanced view.  Yes I am currently sailing on the boat buoyed by the clues in the undercurrent.  Very much the underdog because it is small compared to the behemoths that are the IkSong WinterGarden ships (as indicated by the number of likes for the various ships).  I am quietly confident paddling my little boat.  :).  As I am sure the others are in their bigger ships.  Don’t mind me. I am a dissenting voice.  And I wait for Lee-Shin to reveal who is right. FlowerGardeners who have been silent so far have popped up out of the woodwork after Ep10 gave us hope.  Hang in there FlowerGardeners.  There are 3 seasons. Let’s paddle slowly but surely.  SHwa was impressed by Andrea in Ep10.  She saw him in a new light.  And that gives me hope.  :).

• Like 1
  • Love 1