Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
larus

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021

Because shipping is all I can do   

219 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which three pairings would you most like to see?

• Kim Jun wan/ Chae Song Hwa
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/Chae Song hwa
    • Lee Ik Jun /Chae Song hwa
    • Ahn Jeong won/ Chae song hwa
    • Yang Seok hyeong/Chae song hwa
    • Kim Jun wan/Lee Ik sun
    • Ahn Jeong Won/Jang Gyeo Wool (Dr. Maggot)
    • Ahn Jeong won/Bae Jun hee (ER resident)
    • Ahn Jeong Won/The Lord ( LOLOL)
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Jang Gyeo ul
    • Lee Ik Jun/ Go Ara
    • Yang Seok Hyeong/ Chu Min ha (Obgyn resident)
    • Captain Ahn Chi Hong/ Lee Ik sun
    • Chairman Ju Jung Su/ Madam Rosa
    • Lee Woo Joo(Uju)/ Mo Ne

Our theory about Jungwon intending to pass on Daddy Long Legs to Songhwa in episode 1 was right! She is indeed the most fitting person for it. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 3

Ok but you know what would be really nostalgic of them to sing?

into the new world by snsd

• Awesome 1

dff2744af848597f651bf94236ac6ec65872a978

3121f88b4944d85be4b3bddc896391e3685cb422

eb9201adbb9f4b290e805fab552001e5d02febf0

Spoiler

97c7b7fad2d9b09291392e5cf3054b5c3ee5f268

So Ikjun is the one who is training SHwa to eat slowly. LOL

Anyway for the scene leading up to this meal together scene, I see that some people interpret that SHwa decided to eat again because Cpt Ahn message her.

However I see it differently, I see it as she replied she could eat again before reading Cpt Ahn message, she ask if Ahn could join as he has something to ask Ikjun. Think Ikjun might take more action soon as he does looks a bit disappointed when SHwa praised Ahn.

Anyway I am guessing either ship or I should say all ships will not sail at end of season 1 as this is a seasonal drama.

Please stay tune for season 2 next year, this is a bait for those shippers to keep watching and get mindblown every week.

Plus one thing to take note, SHwa could enter Ikjun house freely as shown when she enter U-ju room directly without Ikjun having to leave the room to open the door for her.

@dairymilks well SHwa is the only one who can manage, the rest of the 3 guys cannot as their characters doesn't allow them to

• Like 18
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

As usual, loved reading everyone's reactions and responses towards the series. Just goes to show the beauty of consuming art, everyone has a different take on it (albeit imo pretty extreme takes at both ends of the spectrum of the ships in the series, but i'm sure users will continue to discuss about it in the days to come leading up until episode 11 :D).

One of my favorite parts about this series are the characters, how contrasting and diverse in terms of characterization, and I undoubtedly have a soft spot for Gyeoul and will defend her lmao. The moment she was reprimanded for her borderline offensive comment to the parent she instantly caught my eye and became someone I wanted to root for despite her shortcomings (I'm a sucker for underdogs and personal growth arcs let me be)! So imagine how stoked I was with her in Episode 9 where we saw her in action, not as a love interest or clickbait material (looking at you TVn ugh) but another doctor trying her best and learning from her mistakes. Still screwing up (even though the magnitude of the screw up was mild as how some viewers make it out to be) but not without progress.

But somehow this episode regressed her progression (in terms of how she's at face value being perceived) and she's back to being a 'possible' love interest for Jeongwon and I don't know it just made me a bit sad because she's much more than that. We got the praise from Ikjun, honestly one of my favorite parts of the episode no cap, but other than that nothing was very substantial? Idk.

I hope we get a Gyeoul focused episode like Jaehak and Minha and CHihong did because so far, all we know about her are the small crumbs of information she leaves and the characters in the series' perception of her.  How does she work with other GS profs? What inner turbulence does she have other than sensitivity issues? Is her character arc limited to improved bedside manners and her love life???? I want more than that and due to her current elusiveness the writers have a lot they can work with hahah.  I hope this comes during winter (love the theory about how each season focused on one of the character's arcs) and possibly during her first solo surgery WHICH I AM SO EXCITED FOR??? Would it be too late though to focus on her specifically since there's only two episodes left with quite a number of loose ends to tie up?

I'm ranting about this when we have two more seasons for Shin PD to do that but it's also not fair because we've seen backgrounds of most of the characters?????? Anyways, at this rate I'll take whatever they hand me and there's only two episodes left hehe, have a good Friday everyone :)

Edited by winnerrrrrrrr444
mispelling and left out words
  • Like 17
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Cantabile said:

Not trying to defend Ikjun in Gyeowool's flower scene at GS office, I personally think what he did is wrong. 
But I think this is just Ikjun's personality of wanting to help others personal problems, though sometimes his help is not always the good one. His caringness for other people's business sometimes can be felt overwhelming & crossing the line, and this is Ikjun's flaw. And we know that Gyeowool is so innocent in romance thing so she just followed what Ikjun told her to do LOL. 
I believe the writer will show development of Ikjun's character in good way :)

The reason I shared this post to show different perspective about Ikjun's action. Of course what Ikjun did felt cute & swoonworthy in the drama, but if we viewed from real life, it felt kind of wrong *at least to me*. There are so many better ways in doing matchmaking without creating lies (even if it's white lies). So I understand why some felt it's manipulative and forced, and they didn't like his idea.
I think the hidden meaning of writer in creating this scene to show Ikjun's flaw. Ikjun's intention is always pure and kind, but sometimes his way is wrong. He is human after all.
And I feel so pity for Ikjun. He is always busy in helping others find their happiness, but he never think about his own happiness. His scene with Songhwa in breakfast (?) really tugged my heart and made me wanna root for him. *Ikjun-ah, you hear me, right? Find your own happiness!*

Whomever he end up with, I hope he will find his happiness (of course I will be happiest if he end up with Songhwa). :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just fyi, the English translation when Song Hwa recited "I am an intellectual" is actually quite off.

It should be "I am a civilized person" ~ meaning no need to devour her food in barbaric way.

5 minutes ago, Cantabile said:

The reason I shared this post to show different perspective about Ikjun's action. Of course what Ikjun did felt cute & swoonworthy in the drama, but if we viewed from real life, it felt kind of wrong *at least to me*. There are so many better ways in doing matchmaking without creating lies (even if it's white lies). So I understand why some felt it's manipulative and forced, and they didn't like his idea.

I understand why people would think so. I guess we have to see how close the relationship is between those people. Like when he lied in JWon's face in front of the ATM. He just simply said "I lied"... Probably if he is caught with the flowers lie, he would just immediately own up to JWon and said, "yes I was the mastermind behind it"

• Like 7
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

I've been lurking this forum for weeks now and amaze how one episode can be interpreted differently by some people. 

I am not a fan of reply series (I've watched one episode of 1988 but it was not my cup of tea :(), I never know about the husband hunting. I see the loveline really based on the storyline and I don't get how people see Jeong Won and Song Hwa can be a couple because there is no sign at all (for me).

I watched this series because JKH and now I am falling in love with all the casts. From the beginning, I never want any loveline between the five (their friendship is so precious), but I don't think it's possible.

It's okay to have your own ship but please don't belittle other characters. I love how the writer create 'imperfect' characters. They seems real. Nobody is perfect.

I am rooting for JunWan and IkSun but I don't want them to get married yet. I want JKH to have an exciting storyline in season 2 and I don't think it will be exciting if he is a married man :D. PD-nim should use JKH's acting skill more.

Edited by Ghea Ragil Ambar Prativi
Typo
  • Like 14
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, zonk90 said:

That line became blurred or disappeared coz of rain.. they already in same place now.. she just need make decision to stay or get out from that place..

WOW I MISSED THIS OMG THIS MAKES ME SO MUCH MORE EXCITED :wub:

• Like 1

I think all possibilities regarding shipping are open.

-When JWon was singing the very meaningful song the camera went to SongHwa .

-SongHwa rest her head to his shoulder and from the preview we see JWon is doing the same in next episode.

-Ik Jun is a great friend although I dont agree with his methods but certainly I want to see this

wonderful person happy with the person he admires all these years.

-I am a wintergarden fan but if they decide to go with the Flowergarden couple I think I will be more worry for IkJun 's feelings than for my unsailed  ship.

-The scene with SongHwa next to Uji and after seeing IJ /SoHwa  through the rain window gave me such warm feelings.

-Dr.Jae Haek got me emotional.He proved me that he will be a good doctor.

-I want to see similar scene for my GU too.She has so much to give .

-I would love to see more screen time with Dr.JWan. Kyoung  Ho basically brought me here and I am complaining his scenes are not enough.

lol taking back his mandarin orange from DR.Ahn.

-IJ playing footsies lol this manboy.

-JWon's headaches start to worry me.The  xrays next to his office when he closes the drawer with the rosaries gave me a headache too.

-I wanted to scream from happiness when JWon acknowledged to IJ GU 's hard work.YEP he said '  " I know" .lalalalala 

-I am borrowing IJ 's sentence and use it as my last sentence in my post:

"I want to see GU happy next to my friend JWon"

• Like 11
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, winnerrrrrrrr444 said:

But somehow this episode regressed her progression (in terms of how she's at face value being perceived) and she's back to being a 'possible' love interest for Jeongwon and I don't know it just made me a bit sad because she's much more than that. We got the praise from Ikjun, honestly one of my favorite parts of the episode no cap, but other than that nothing was very substantial? Idk.

I agree. But if we go with symbolism, I think we would know her deeper around December aka Winter.

Coincidentally, Jungwon too hasnt explicitly told us anything about his condition, feeling, and thoughts. We only got some implications so far. Episode 10 just happens to take the viewers to his mind deeper. But its mostly done by other characters, like Ikjun probing on him, and Rosa talking about his temperament and aspiration from childhood.

I guess we just have to wait again to understand AJW and JGW as characters in deeper way

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2005150909414990.jpg

OST part 10 is a release by the 5, hope there will a MV to it and a behind the scene for this recording

Based on google translate, there are 3 tracks to Part 10.

This is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be Canon and Deep Into The Night which are highly requested by viewers.

'슬기로운 의사생활' 의대 5인방, 미도와 파라솔로 15일 OST 음원 발매

• Like 11
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Ketu R said:

I am so convinced of ik joon song hwa that I really think i will be shattered if they dont happen. Cant see how it wont happen after this episode. I have never been wrong about a reply pairing before. Even though I liked jungpal I knew it was taek who was the husband almost 3rd episode itself. Why would they interview otherwise?I was always team trash. With both those I would have been ok with either outcome but with this one am sure I will be devastated cause it will make no sense to me to actually pair anyone else with song hwa. 

Ik joon said to andrea dont end up like me. He obviously regrets not proposing to song hwa before. Am sure he would do so soon.

Ok am so silly but I wrote a iksong fanfiction could not contain myslef. Stupid obsessive me wrote a ff with my broken English. Let me know if any of you are interested in reading..

My reading of the writer from reply series is that she does 180 from previous drama because she expects her audience to read into those "signs"

97 - Girl is confident, not the one who is trying to please - ignores the well educated, old guy she respects even if he was the 1st choice for boyfriend.. went for the one with whom she could be what she wanted to be - childhood trope, girl goes for whom she has known the longest and loves to fuss over/ can fuss over

The one who clearly proposed got rejected :P

94 - I haven't watched this drama, assuming from the few episodes that I did - girl is not super underconfident, she is pretty but feisty and just angry all the time (plz blame go ara, my only takeaway based on her acting is that she is female underworld fighter)

- ignores soft, sweet boy, blatant about liking the girl, always happy in company, nobody sees him suffer but he suffers.. just absolute cutire pie, and a winner in baseball  - and he didn't get the girl  but  accepts the older man, well educated ---- Childhood trope, girl goes for whom she has known the longest and loves to fuss over

The one who clearly proposed got rejected :P

88 - Girl is not confident, inferiority, wanting to please, feel she is always overlooked, and really seeking her importance in lives of people that surround her - she subverted the trope from 94 - who got the girl? - not the typical kdrama hero.. but a motherless, oldest of the lot but because he is quiet he flew under radar, so clear about liking the girl etc etc ---- childhood trope, girl goes for whom she has known the longest and loves to fuss over

The one who clearly proposed was senior from her college, got rejected :P

So, if teasing has to continue, final choice would be someone who is somehow more of JH's character than Taek's. And i don't mean rough personality but maybe someone who shied away a lot from confessing to SHwa or.. some sorta strong disconnect from Taek, but connect with JH.  - lol, all of them have shied away. Except for SH

Will definitely not be the older/mature guy :) Question is who is the oldest/maturest

And SH proposed, got rejected, so we are safe :P

• LOL 1

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 14. 

"Hospital Playlist" leads rating of viewers aged 30~40

AAF42B19-8E5E-4D29-B601-C5C1DD067822.jpg

"Hospital Playlist" is receiving passionate love from viewers in their 30s~40s.

According to the viewers data of TNMS, episode 10 of the Thursday drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) aired on May 14 has achieved No.1 place with the highest viewership ratings among the TV programs aired on the same day on viewership rating ranking at the ages of U40 and U50.

The first episode broadcast on March 12 of "Hospital Playlist" - the drama that is receiving tons of love from the audience thanks to solid acting of actors such as Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Suk, Kim Dae Myung, Kim Hae Sook, etc. - started with the viewership rating of 6.5%. Then, just after 5 episodes, the drama reached a 2-digit viewership rating and hit 12.2% with episode 10 (TNMS, the standard of households using charged platform).

In episode 10 aired this week, the drama received positive reviews as bringing sympathy to the audience through concerns of Jo Jung Suk (as Ik Joon), Yoo Yeon Suk (as Jeong Won), Jung Kyung Ho (as Joon Wan), Kim Dae Myung (as Seok Hyung), and Jeon Mi Do (as Song Hwa) when they had to face up with decisive turning point of work, love, and life. In particular, the triangular relationship among Jo Jung Suk, Jeon Mi Do and Kim Joon Han (as Chi Hong) is gradually deepening, and Kim Dae Myung has also been confessed by Ahn Eun Jin (as Min Ha). 

After deciding to be a doctor until the end of the year and choosing to become a pastor, Yoo Yeon Suk began to rearrange every single thing in his life. In the midst of that, the audience noticed the change in his feelings for Shin Hyun Bin (as Gyeo Wool). What are Yoo Yeon Suk's true feelings? Additionally, Jung Kyung Ho was confused when he received the news that his girlfriend Kwak Seon Young (as Ik Soon) entered a doctoral program and had to come to England to study for 3 years. The audience is now focusing their attention on both of their choices when facing the risk of breaking up.

"Hospital Playlist" is a story of 20-year close friends who can understand each other just by having eye contact, and the people who are going through seemingly normal but special days in the hospital - a miniature version of life where people are born and pass away. The drama is currently airing at 9 pm (KST) every Thursday. Episode 11 will air on May 21.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

——-

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 14.

"Hospital Playlist": Jo Jung Suk begins to show affection to Jeon Mi Do

78D8A5C3-BD45-446E-80C0-E08E9C4E6849.jpg

The exquisite romantic love triangle between Jeon Mi Do, Jo Jung Suk, and Kim Joon Han in the drama "Hospital Playlist" has become more profound.

Episode 10 of the drama "Hospital Playlist" (tvN) aired on May 14 opened with the scene of Jeon Mi Do (as Song Hwa) and Kim Joon Han (as Chi Hong) having a meal together.

Jeon Mi Do drops by a European restaurant where Kim Joon Han is waiting for her. While Kim Joon Han quietly watches and cares for Jeon Mi Do, she also praises him for suffering so well as a doctor despite his sick body.

This is not a date, but a party of Neurosurgery department. Seeing the other doctor colleagues come, Kim Joon Ha mutters, "Why are they so on time?" and expresses regret for not having more time to privately chat with Jeon Mi Do.

The next day, Jeon Mi Do orders food with Jo Jung Suk (as Ik Joon) as usual. Jo Jung Suk enters Jung Kyung Ho's (as Joon Wan) professor room without knocking. However, he knocks on Jeon Mi Do's door. This is because Jo Jung Suk previously made a mistake when he entered Jeon Mi Do's room without knocking. The subtle change in attitude shows that the relationship between the two has changed, thereby stimulating the audiences' curiosity about the romance between the two.

At the end of the episode, Jeon Mi Do goes to Jo Jung Suk's house to take care of his son U Ju. Despite being busy with work at the hospital, Jeon Mi Do always loves U Ju, and this time she came to take care of the boy's health. Next, while talking about everyday life with Jo Jung Suk - who came home, Jeon Mi Do asks, "What have you been doing these days?" and shows him the camping equipment she bought.  Although he used to be puzzled by Jeon Do Mi's ambition to buy camping tools, this time, Jo Jung Suk praises "You did well" and expresses his feelings naturally, "To me, it's having meals with you. That's what I do for myself."

On the other hand, Yoo Yeon Suk (as Jeong Won) - who often helps patients through the nickname "Long-legged Uncle" - asked Jeon Mi Do to become "Long-legged Uncle" instead of him and was accepted by her.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

While I do understand your concerns and where you're coming from, the fact is, Gyeo-ul is written in for the most part to be Jeong-won's love interest. At least in this first season while he's on a trajectory to the priesthood, her role is primarily to be some catalyst in what most of us hope is the disruption of his present trajectory. That's why I believe this priesthood matter will have to be resolved sooner rather than later because the two of them are currently in a relationship limbo of sorts. Like it or not because he is one of the Fab Five he gets (first dibs) some degree of primacy in how the storytelling unfolds. With that in mind, they're actually doing reasonably well with her in the various roles that she's juggling in this show.

The urgency to complete her arc with Jeong-won in the first season is there in a way that it isn't with someone like Min-ha and Seok-hyeong. That's why we can't really compare because they're all on different trajectories.

Look it's pretty much the same with Ik-sun. We don't really see her in her professional capacity at all. She's for the most part Jun-wan's love interest and Ik-jun's younger sister. We are expected to accept certain facts about her even if we can't see her in action because the focus of this drama is really on the medical side of things. She's part and parcel of Jun-wan's arc... his growth as a doctor and a human being. 

It's what happens in a cast of thousands.

So, one of the most important dialogues- 

When IJ was "selling" his product "GY" .. lol.. that she works the hardest for her patients but doesn't understand how to be sympathetic (and he means it in a good sense)... JW says "I know!"(and positive connotation)

Given, until now we as audience has only seen him get exasperated at GY - be it when she ran after abusive dad (lol JW's reaction was super annoyed), and almost every other incident..

But, under the radar, we get a "I know" - acknowledges her strengths

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, romancetrash said:

I agree. But if we go with symbolism, I think we would know her deeper around December aka Winter.

Coincidentally, Jungwon too hasnt explicitly told us anything about his condition, feeling, and thoughts. We only got some implications so far. Episode 10 just happens to take the viewers to his mind deeper. But its mostly done by other characters, like Ikjun probing on him, and Rosa talking about his temperament and aspiration from childhood.

I guess we just have to wait again to understand AJW and JGW as characters in deeper way

True, it's all a matter of waiting since that's all we can do :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Just fyi, the English translation when Song Hwa recited "I am an intellectual" is actually quite off.

It should be "I am a civilized person" ~ meaning no need to devour her food in barbaric way.

I understand why people would think so. I guess we have to see how close the relationship is between those people. Like when he lied in JWon's face in front of the ATM. He just simply said "I lied"... Probably if he is caught with the flowers lie, he would just immediately own up to JWon and said, "yes I was the mastermind behind it"

LOL... I can imagine Ikjun saying this :D
Yes, I just feel bad that some judged Ikjun's character without try to analyze his personality's trait. He is flawed but so are all human.
And this episode showed another layer of his character, so I am curious how the writer will write up the development of his arc :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

22 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

While I do understand your concerns and where you're coming from, the fact is, Gyeo-ul is written in for the most part to be Jeong-won's love interest. At least in this first season while he's on a trajectory to the priesthood, her role is primarily to be some catalyst in what most of us hope is the disruption of his present trajectory. That's why I believe this priesthood matter will have to be resolved sooner rather than later because the two of them are currently in a relationship limbo of sorts. Like it or not because he is one of the Fab Five he gets (first dibs) some degree of primacy in how the storytelling unfolds. With that in mind, they're actually doing reasonably well with her in the various roles that she's juggling in this show.

The urgency to complete her arc with Jeong-won in the first season is there in a way that it isn't with someone like Min-ha and Seok-hyeong. That's why we can't really compare because they're all on different trajectories.

Look it's pretty much the same with Ik-sun. We don't really see her in her professional capacity at all. She's for the most part Jun-wan's love interest and Ik-jun's younger sister. We are expected to accept certain facts about her even if we can't see her in action because the focus of this drama is really on the medical side of things. She's part and parcel of Jun-wan's arc... his growth as a doctor and a human being. 

It's what happens in a cast of thousands.

Yeah, I definitely get what you mean. Like I said she's one of my favorite characters hence I'm a bit greedy with wanting more especially since she gets an adequate amount of screen time!! :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1