Quantcast
Jump to content

[Upcoming Drama 2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2021


Recommended Posts

I love the men in this show especially the Fab Four and Chi-hong. Even Jae-hak. ;) Not sure about Dr Cheon at this point though. :P They are such a beautiful kaleidoscope of masculinity and any woman in the show would be lucky to be ending up with any of them. Where else can you find such a motley crew of men with so much passion for their vocation and compassion for the people they serve? 

 

There's no denying of course that they are flawed. Of course they are. They are human after all. Everyone makes mistakes  and as the drama shows, life is one continuing journey of learning and understanding. No one has arrived.

 

I adore Ik-jun for the fact that he is such a funny, charming and wonderfully caring man. He is the quintessential extrovert and he plays the big brother to the Five, acting as their mediator when the occasion arises. He is also such a great dad to his son, U-ju. Their dynamic is absolutely to die for. All credit to JJS who is just nailing the character on every front. His incredible comedic delivery really lends itself to what the character represents in this show.  He does it with such ease. Of course having a such a great set of lungs and vocal cords is just the icing on the cake.

 

Jun-wan pretends to be prickly and grumpy on the outside but I love the way he is so supportive of the women in his life. I'm in awe of how JKH does indignant. The thing he does with his eyes, mouth and cheeks when he gets all defensive. From his mother to Ik-sun he's so delightful with them. He's so sweet under the thorny facade. Ik-sun should just marry him already. Because these days finding a supportive man like that must be harder than eking out a career.

 

Whoever thought of putting JJS and JKH together in a drama is a casting genius. Their interactions are a hoot. They bounce off each other as if they've been doing this comedy act for the longest time. The thought that we'll be getting 2 more seasons of this... I'm ecstatic. 

 

Words can't even describe how I feel about Chi-hong. Kim Jun-han is doing such a stellar job with him that I can't believe it's the same actor who played villainous characters in other dramas that I've seen. The halting, diffident way he speaks and the culmination of his life experiences seen in the outworking of his maturity in the hospital context are just a few things I love about the man. There's an underlying sweetness to him which is so attractive. He didn't even use his past background to garner sympathy for himself. The fact that he's a resolute plodder just makes him all the more relatable.

 

Jeong-won is a bundle of contradictions. He's such a powerhouse in the hospital but when a patient struggles, the poor guy loses it. A 40 year old virgin who isn't quite done with puberty. A manchild to boot. Probably explains why he's a boss in pediatrics. ;) A Yang in search of a Yin.  Boyishly adorable.

 

Seok-hyeong... I find his frankness, almost bluntness refreshing. His deadpan sluggish way of talking is growing on me. Love it when he smiles. Has to do it much much more often. If he finds the right life partner, I think we'll get it.

 

I feel so blessed to have these guys on our screens each week. I can't wait to see what they all get up to next. 

 

 

  • Like 14
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been chatting with @kokodus offline and she persuaded me to post my thoughts on the latest episode. So blame her if you think I've gone off the rocker...    Episode 8 was beautifully pu

Re: Crossing and drawing the line   Much has been discussed about Chihong crossing the line, and Songhwa drawing the line. I plan to do a character analysis on Chihong, so more on that late

In HP, dining scenes are often used to illustrate human relationships. This one is obvious: asking someone out for a meal is an indication of romantic feelings.       And the

@Dramageek Thanks for sharing about the interview. 

 

I've admitted before that I've not watched the reply series so I am enjoying watching this drama the normal way, without reading into scenes like reply viewers do. I have watched prison playlist and the story line was more focused on friendship and how those in the same prison cell were able to built their relationships and just accept their differences. In Hospital playlist, I get the impression that they are protraying characters with all different personalities, styles and values together - building relationships, learning more about each other, learning from each other, accepting their differences, learning from mistakes and making effort on what they think is best. 

 

If I use prison playbook as a reference for the love line Kim Je Hyeok broke up with his girlfriend before he got into prison, refused to see her during visitations and pretended that he is not interested in her life anymore and that no longer loves her. Yet, he kept her picture, hoping she would come visit and still very much is in love with her. In a similar yet slightly different scenario, this seems to be in parallel with a few of the characters. At this moment, Jeong Won, although of course this is not certain yet until it comes from the horses mouth, but the focus on his reaction towards Gyeo Ul would already suggest this, infact unsubtly. Ik Jun too to a lesser extent as because of the friendship, the line is still a little grey so accompanying to get the results and going to eat together on a rainy day could be either due to a concealed feeling or because of friendship. In a group of friends, there would be at least 2 to be  tighter best friends who'd spend a lot more time together instead of the others or feel more comfortable to share some secrets with first before the others. Eventually I think Ik Jun would know first about Jeong Won's feelings before sharing it with others. Jun Wan and Song Hwa spends a lot of time together too, before another friend would barge in and Jun wan was also the one who knew about her ex without sharing it with the others. 

It's not only about the hospital cases and residents that are realistic, they also put a lot of effort into the friendship and relationship with parents. With the latter, we've only seen the dynamics between Seok Hyung with his mother, Jeong Won with his and Uju with Ik Jun. I expect season 1 to set the scene and season 2 would be have a lot more drama on how all these relationships would develop further or otherwise. 

 

It is possible that, if indeed Ik Jun has feelings for Song Hwa and she reciprocate Chi Hong's feelings, we'll see more of this in Season 2 of Ik Jun accepting her choice and watching from the sidelines the same way he has during his marriage and her relationships. Then this would likely eventually transform in Season 3 due to Song Hwa and Chi Hong's break up. Because, life isn't only about smiles and laughters, there are also hardship and heartbreak - and I have not seen much of that yet. 

 

Just my two cents. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it was posted before but OST for Ep 9 was this one.  Not Met By Chance which they band played.  I like the melancholy and introspection.   Perfect for Andrea.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanna emphasize what great work they did in sculpting Lee IkJun’s character, he’s very charismatic! The type you would fall for instantly ! Smart, funny, considerate, great singer and the list goes on and on ! Idk but he feels real to me with a balance between his charm and his flaws. Both writers and JJS did a great work. I mean i came for JKH but was swayed by JJS.

 

but rly i wish they’d give JKH more time to shine i love him so much and he’s being underused :(

  • Like 6
  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

adore Ik-jun for the fact that he is such a funny, charming and wonderfully caring man. He is the quintessential extrovert and he plays the big brother to the Five, acting as their mediator when the occasion arises. He is also such a great dad to his son, U-ju. Their dynamic is absolutely to die for. All credit to JJS who is just nailing the character on every front. His incredible comedic delivery really lends itself to what the character represents in this show.  He does it with such ease. Of course having a such a great set of lungs and vocal cords is just the icing on the cake.

 

30 minutes ago, Lalazhiii said:

just wanna emphasize what great work they did in sculpting Lee IkJun’s character, he’s very charismatic! The type you would fall for instantly ! Smart, funny, considerate, great singer and the list goes on and on ! Idk but he feels real to me with a balance between his charm and his flaws. Both writers and JJS did a great work. I mean i came for JKH but was swayed by JJS

 And for his haters he is the epitome of all the flaws in the whole wide world. He is nosy, a clown, just a comic relief, not a good dad to Uju & the list goes on & on.

At what level of negativety these haters are standing to hate a character like Ik Jun is beyond me. And they don't hate him generally but just because he is not their preferred partner for their preferred ship. Well what kind of persons they are , my mind can't fathom that.:smirk:

  • Like 5
  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uaenaforever said:

I’m rooting for a happy ending for him, specially if involves fatherhood instead of priesthood :tounge_wink:

 

Lol, I just watched Korean doctors reviewing HP and they also root for Winter Garden, even wishing them to have kids!

 

I personally think if this season ends with Jungwon going to the seminary, he will come back because he realizes that medical practice is his true calling.

 

Anyway, happy Thursdsy people!

  • Like 5
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lalazhiii said:

I just wanna emphasize what great work they did in sculpting Lee IkJun’s character, he’s very charismatic! The type you would fall for instantly ! Smart, funny, considerate, great singer and the list goes on and on ! Idk but he feels real to me with a balance between his charm and his flaws. Both writers and JJS did a great work. I mean i came for JKH but was swayed by JJS.

 

but rly i wish they’d give JKH more time to shine i love him so much and he’s being underused :(

This is me literally, Come for jkh ( love all his drama before) but falling hard for jjs, he did a really good job potraying ikjun, now, i almost watch all his work lmao, except two cops and couple of his movie.  I even watch youth over flowers and you r the best lee soon shin for him :joy:

 

I think tonight episode will be more about junwan, jeongwan and seokhyong, i want to see more junwan and iksun too :rolleyes:

 

Have a nice Thursday everyone~

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dramageek said:

I am conflicted between Chi hong and Ikjun. He was burned before waiting for Looney in the restaurant. Even though that is different drama, I hate to see him broken heart again.

Exactly why im on the Chi-hong train (if there is one), thanks @dairymilks @DonnaMae for making me believe hahaha, I've been ecstatic when I saw him again on this drama and vowed to support his character no matter what knowing what he went through with Looney from the previous drama

with that I would like to say, ALL ABOARD THE CHI-HONG HYPE TRAIN, choo-choo

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, romancetrash said:

Lol, I just watched Korean doctors reviewing HP and they also root for Winter Garden, even wishing them to have kids!

 

I personally think if this season ends with Jungwon going to the seminary, he will come back because he realizes that medical practice is his true calling.

 

Anyway, happy Thursdsy people!

 

Just some thoughts on the more interesting pairings.

 

Ahn JeongWon and Jang Gwool need each other now, in order to propel his/her bearing up a notch.  GW is struggling to be a good doctor that she can be... always distracted, ever focused on this man alone.  So enter the temptress...if only to strengthen or weaken his resolve (now)... if he is meant for it or not. Like how Adam (and Eve) were tempted to bite the "hot apple" in the frigid WinterGarden of Eden.  :P 

 

BTW....before ordination (or after Seminary life) ... potential priests are given a grace period (or last chance to hit the bar or the brothel )...by sending them out into the real world to find/live the "earthly way of life" including taking a girlfriend/relationship, etc... short of a married life. Only then, that those who return committed... are ordained.

 

Switching gears on another Ahn...

 

Capt Ahn Chi-hong needs SeunghWa too... to grow (personally, and professionally). And SW just might need another man (out of the Fab4) up close... and by her side, and equally impressive to settle down. Who knows....for the next season..... as I've noticed a very interesting creativity on how the writer chose this military man to be in this field... for this is not the usual path to the profession. While it is no longer rare, it is still the harder and longer route to take. And when it does, it takes on an added aura/glory on its own.  

 

As an aside.... years ago, featured in 60Minutes... was a distinguished West Point Grad who went straight to fight in the Korean war, and earned medals for heroism in combat. Thereafter went to Med School...and later became a world renowned pioneering NeuroSurgeon at Mayo Clinic.  This is a noteworthy storyline, because Capt Ahn in NS, has some kind of similar illness as him. Nonetheless, I suspect the writer is using this template for this SeungHwa protegee to perhaps... achieve similar prominence despite the illness... And Dr Chae SeongHwa should reap the accolade with him as well....medical skills, romance or otherwise.

 

Finally, I am refreshed at the image of JeongWon (earlier ep), at the starting line of a marathon ....and then ran full speed against the crowd of runners... away from (or opposite) the finish line (a change of heart?)...as a bystander said...  "crazy".  Was this a metaphor for his new life...in medicine, personal or the clergy?   .... an omen GW wins?...  No?

 

To me, a marathon epitomizes life... because it is a struggle... 26 miles of pure struggle ... it is just too hard... and only determined ones cross the finish line. Whether it has correlation to anything must be my LockDown imagination on overdrive... or just weary eyes. ........

...ah nevermind.  :blink:

 

Edited by RWinger47
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RWinger47 said:

BTW....before ordination (or after Seminary life) ... potential priests are given a grace period (or last chance to hit the bar or the brothel )...by sending them out into the real world to find/live the "earthly way of life" including taking a girlfriend/relationship, etc... short of a married life. Only then, that those who return committed... are ordained.


Like an Amish Rumspringa?  Can you tell me where you sourced this information from?  Or is this hearsay?  I am not Catholic but I know for the Protestant Ministry, there is a “grace period” or more like Bible Colleges encourage students to work in the real world (have a normal job) and gain real world experience before deciding to go into Ministry full time.  But they are still bound by their Christian principles and morals?  It is NOT a licence to be hedonistic and to visit a brothel or have a one night stand or get blind drunk?  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nrllee said:


Like an Amish Rumspringa?  Can you tell me where you sourced this information from?  Or is this hearsay?  I am not Catholic but I know for the Protestant Ministry, there is a “grace period” or more like Bible Colleges encourage students to work in the real world (have a normal job) and gain real world experience before deciding to go into Ministry full time.  But they are still bound by their Christian principles and morals?  It is NOT a licence to be hedonistic and to visit a brothel or have a one night stand or get blind drunk?  

No. It isn’t like a bachelor party at all. They have to show commitment and morals according to their status 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nrllee said:


Like an Amish Rumspringa?  Can you tell me where you sourced this information from?  Or is this hearsay?  I am not Catholic but I know for the Protestant Ministry, there is a “grace period” or more like Bible Colleges encourage students to work in the real world (have a normal job) and gain real world experience before deciding to go into Ministry full time.  But they are still bound by their Christian principles and morals?  It is NOT a licence to be hedonistic and to visit a brothel or have a one night stand or get blind drunk?  

 

Certainly,  they know their boundaries...but are allowed to experience what they want to experience... short of committing the horrible deeds....like breaking the commandments.

 

Because according to a priest...the devil/satan is strongest  (or super active) inside the church.

 

Yes... I am a Catholic.

Edited by RWinger47
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Not sure if it was posted before but OST for Ep 9 was this one.  Not Met By Chance which they band played.  I like the melancholy and introspection.   Perfect for Andrea.


I remember Shin PD saying that this song will be the main theme song for the drama so I listened to it a few times and read the english translation. For a drama that seems so chill and happy, I agree the song if full of melancholy. Though quite ironic I think the song still matches the drama well especially if they wish to emphasize its humanity. As discussed in some of the posts here, all of the characters are flawed. And as the song implies, we can work through all our flaws and move past our conflicts surrounded by the people we love and growing through relationships. If there’s one thing PDnim and writernim would bring from their past series for sure, it’s their talent in beautifully portraying various relationships:

 

Friendship

Romantic interest

Parent-child

Siblings

Mentor-Mentee

Between colleagues

Doctor-patient

 

We’ve already seen a lot of this and I’m sure there will be a lot more.  Definitely looking forward to witnessing the characters grow through these relationships. Can’t wait for the next episodes (a few more hours until the next one :lol:) and seasons.

 

Here’s the song with eng subs:D

 

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:


I remember Shin PD saying that this song will be the main theme song for the drama so I listened to it a few times and read the english translation. For a drama that seems so chill and happy, I agree the song if full of melancholy. Though quite ironic I think the song still matches the drama well especially if they wish to emphasize its humanity. As discussed in some of the posts here, all of the characters are flawed. And as the song implies, we can work through all our flaws and move past our conflicts surrounded by the people we love and growing through relationships. If there’s one thing PDnim and writernim would bring from their past series for sure, it’s their talent in beautifully portraying various relationships:

 

Friendship

Romantic interest

Parent-child

Siblings

Mentor-Mentee

Between colleagues

Doctor-patient

 

We’ve already seen a lot of this and I’m sure there will be a lot more.  Definitely looking forward to witnessing the characters grow through these relationships. Can’t wait for the next episodes (a few more hours until the next one :lol:) and seasons.

 

Here’s the song with eng subs:D

 

 

Yes. I put the link to the lyrics, though I think the translation could be not that accurate, certainly has a sad vibe. But I’m positive we will get happy ending for all our five99ers. Fighting :blush:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RWinger47 said:

Certainly,  they know their boundaries...but are allowed to experience what they want to experience... short of committing the horrible deeds....like breaking the commandments.


So no fornication.  Unlike what you mentioned in your first post.  I would count visiting a brothel as definitely within the realms of commandment breaking.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was not JWon that said for IJ that he never was after a woman? even with his marriage it was his ex wife that chased him.

I am waiting to see in season 2 who will be the lucky one  that will make IJ to go out of his regular way

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still cuts for today's ep. So those are really flower bouquets. Nice. Why do I feel like it's IkJun who is being his crazy self and sent her those flowers to test Jeong won? LOL

  • Like 11
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Hospital Playlist/Wise Doctor Life, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 2 second half 2020

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...