[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

7 hours ago, loopo said:

P.S. pls give Chi Hong happiness, and also of course Song Hwa, love them both, Ikjun already has Uju (p.s.s. im joking)

I am conflicted between Chi hong and Ikjun. He was burned before waiting for Looney in the restaurant. Even though that is different drama, I hate to see him broken heart again.

On the other hand, Jo Jong Seok is an expert for playing jealousy (Jealousy incarnate was a riot). So looking forward for him to get jealous. So having Song Hwa and Chi Hong dine together might be better to trigger Ikjun Jealousy. He'll find out somehow.

Btw, if reply series consistent theme were Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa as dad and mom. Could it be the Wise/Play Series theme will always have Jung Kyung Ho (in love with besties sister) and Kim Jung Han (Ahn Chi Hong)? And offcourse Baseball.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, dairymilks said:

@loopo If it's any consolation, it seems they entered the same restaurant. Someone recorded a tour of the restaurant they filmed in, and it's accurate. I hate how this show keeps teasing us, they really know how our minds work LOL. They know that once we didn't see them in a single frame we'd immediately speculate they didn't meet, and then prove us wrong the next episode

lol we viewers really don’t know how to wait, right?! :joy:  it’s amazing that they literally research that rastaurant 

But, still,

keep myself on guard, not to be too excited, because who knows, turns out the NS Dept are having lunch together there ha ha ha

Poker-Face.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

To @Cantabile I am not offended at all. I try to emphasis the fact that here just offering another angle/perspective, that this is "Play.../Wise ... Life" series not Reply. I also understand why other still see the drama with reply series perspective, coz I my self see this story as a hybrid of reply and prison playbook concept.

I know the blog. Even though she is clearly an hardcore SH-JW shipper, she was clearly toning it down in recent post by trying to divert GU with IJ. I am just sad about her naming GU dr. Maggot. No need to hate her like that even if in her opinion GU not the best girl for JW. Maybe she was chilbonged so hard to want YYS get the girl so much, I get that. I see several post hating on GU and also using dr. Maggot nickname in this forum earlier posts. But after knowing the popularity of winter garden ship in polling, I think they tone it down by also put GU with IJ in a ship together. True that people hating IJ in other medias like twitter and instagram, not in this forum.

All the resident did not impress me much in earlier episodes, but they start to grow on me. Four of them crushing on their professors, understandable coz the professor are awesome, gorgeous and single anyway. But till the latest ep, the state still one sided for all of them. If the show was planned for 3 seasons, the probability were high that none of them will get together with their crush in this season. But I don't mind that, I will just enjoy the ride.

• Like 5

Hi all,

regarding calling my girl Dr.Maggot I used to do the same.

Mianhae ( whoa! I m getting better with my Korean vocabulary :D)but I need some episodes to get familiar with the korean names.After I get them I m fine.

Hooray for Dr.Jang/Dr.JWon aka WinterGarden couple!

LOL I used to call  IkJun Iksun , little I knew its a girl's name .:vicx:

Anw, to make the long story short ,  not always  using the maggot referral means posters do it in a disrespectful manner.

It's the whole context of the comment that tells you that.

I see some like to do it in a negative way .

I personally like characters with flaws because these characters will give me the development I want to see in a movie,drama.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

Anw, to make the long story short ,  not always  using the maggot referral means posters do it in a disrespectful manner.

It's the whole context of the comment that tells you that.

I see some like to do it in a negative way .

I personally like characters with flaws because these characters will give me the development I want to see in a movie,drama.

Exactly!!! I use Dr. Maggot as a term of endearment. Hahahaha. I never meant it in a negative manner ever, Lol. It's the scene that I first noticed her and it's the scene that made me see her in a different light. 

People tend to have different opinions, so it's ok if someone hates our favourite character. It doesn't bother me, but what bothers me is that people from one ship bashing others and calling them stupid, irrational and delusional. I mean we are all guessing here, and nothing is revealed yet, so I don't know why everyone thinks their ship is the most superior and others are delusional for not following them. Whatever. Respect for other's opinion is the most basic thing. 

Ahh ok all seriousness aside, it's finally Thursday!!!! So excited for the new ep!!!!! 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Wow. I think after all ship wars are unavoidable, but I think everyone has a peculiar POV that makes the story even more enjoyable :)

I have to confess I was Chilbonged too and YYS is my bias, but instead of wishing to get the main girl I’m rooting for a happy ending for him, specially if involves fatherhood instead of priesthood :tounge_wink:

And lastly I want to ask a favor if someone can translate a vid I’m curious about. It seems worthy to watch

thank you...

PD: it’s almost time for a new chapter :love:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, loveiskim said:

eyyy you need to insert gif which is more excited~

I think I’m also sad because this means after today’s episode, we’d only have a couple of episodes left..... :(

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Sad 1

I love the men in this show especially the Fab Four and Chi-hong. Even Jae-hak. ;) Not sure about Dr Cheon at this point though. :P They are such a beautiful kaleidoscope of masculinity and any woman in the show would be lucky to be ending up with any of them. Where else can you find such a motley crew of men with so much passion for their vocation and compassion for the people they serve? 

There's no denying of course that they are flawed. Of course they are. They are human after all. Everyone makes mistakes  and as the drama shows, life is one continuing journey of learning and understanding. No one has arrived.

I adore Ik-jun for the fact that he is such a funny, charming and wonderfully caring man. He is the quintessential extrovert and he plays the big brother to the Five, acting as their mediator when the occasion arises. He is also such a great dad to his son, U-ju. Their dynamic is absolutely to die for. All credit to JJS who is just nailing the character on every front. His incredible comedic delivery really lends itself to what the character represents in this show.  He does it with such ease. Of course having a such a great set of lungs and vocal cords is just the icing on the cake.

Jun-wan pretends to be prickly and grumpy on the outside but I love the way he is so supportive of the women in his life. I'm in awe of how JKH does indignant. The thing he does with his eyes, mouth and cheeks when he gets all defensive. From his mother to Ik-sun he's so delightful with them. He's so sweet under the thorny facade. Ik-sun should just marry him already. Because these days finding a supportive man like that must be harder than eking out a career.

Whoever thought of putting JJS and JKH together in a drama is a casting genius. Their interactions are a hoot. They bounce off each other as if they've been doing this comedy act for the longest time. The thought that we'll be getting 2 more seasons of this... I'm ecstatic. 

Words can't even describe how I feel about Chi-hong. Kim Jun-han is doing such a stellar job with him that I can't believe it's the same actor who played villainous characters in other dramas that I've seen. The halting, diffident way he speaks and the culmination of his life experiences seen in the outworking of his maturity in the hospital context are just a few things I love about the man. There's an underlying sweetness to him which is so attractive. He didn't even use his past background to garner sympathy for himself. The fact that he's a resolute plodder just makes him all the more relatable.

Jeong-won is a bundle of contradictions. He's such a powerhouse in the hospital but when a patient struggles, the poor guy loses it. A 40 year old virgin who isn't quite done with puberty. A manchild to boot. Probably explains why he's a boss in pediatrics. ;) A Yang in search of a Yin.  Boyishly adorable.

Seok-hyeong... I find his frankness, almost bluntness refreshing. His deadpan sluggish way of talking is growing on me. Love it when he smiles. Has to do it much much more often. If he finds the right life partner, I think we'll get it.

I feel so blessed to have these guys on our screens each week. I can't wait to see what they all get up to next. 

• Like 14
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 3

@Dramageek Thanks for sharing about the interview. 

I've admitted before that I've not watched the reply series so I am enjoying watching this drama the normal way, without reading into scenes like reply viewers do. I have watched prison playlist and the story line was more focused on friendship and how those in the same prison cell were able to built their relationships and just accept their differences. In Hospital playlist, I get the impression that they are protraying characters with all different personalities, styles and values together - building relationships, learning more about each other, learning from each other, accepting their differences, learning from mistakes and making effort on what they think is best. 

If I use prison playbook as a reference for the love line Kim Je Hyeok broke up with his girlfriend before he got into prison, refused to see her during visitations and pretended that he is not interested in her life anymore and that no longer loves her. Yet, he kept her picture, hoping she would come visit and still very much is in love with her. In a similar yet slightly different scenario, this seems to be in parallel with a few of the characters. At this moment, Jeong Won, although of course this is not certain yet until it comes from the horses mouth, but the focus on his reaction towards Gyeo Ul would already suggest this, infact unsubtly. Ik Jun too to a lesser extent as because of the friendship, the line is still a little grey so accompanying to get the results and going to eat together on a rainy day could be either due to a concealed feeling or because of friendship. In a group of friends, there would be at least 2 to be  tighter best friends who'd spend a lot more time together instead of the others or feel more comfortable to share some secrets with first before the others. Eventually I think Ik Jun would know first about Jeong Won's feelings before sharing it with others. Jun Wan and Song Hwa spends a lot of time together too, before another friend would barge in and Jun wan was also the one who knew about her ex without sharing it with the others. 

It's not only about the hospital cases and residents that are realistic, they also put a lot of effort into the friendship and relationship with parents. With the latter, we've only seen the dynamics between Seok Hyung with his mother, Jeong Won with his and Uju with Ik Jun. I expect season 1 to set the scene and season 2 would be have a lot more drama on how all these relationships would develop further or otherwise. 

It is possible that, if indeed Ik Jun has feelings for Song Hwa and she reciprocate Chi Hong's feelings, we'll see more of this in Season 2 of Ik Jun accepting her choice and watching from the sidelines the same way he has during his marriage and her relationships. Then this would likely eventually transform in Season 3 due to Song Hwa and Chi Hong's break up. Because, life isn't only about smiles and laughters, there are also hardship and heartbreak - and I have not seen much of that yet. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Not sure if it was posted before but OST for Ep 9 was this one.  Not Met By Chance which they band played.  I like the melancholy and introspection.   Perfect for Andrea.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I just wanna emphasize what great work they did in sculpting Lee IkJun’s character, he’s very charismatic! The type you would fall for instantly ! Smart, funny, considerate, great singer and the list goes on and on ! Idk but he feels real to me with a balance between his charm and his flaws. Both writers and JJS did a great work. I mean i came for JKH but was swayed by JJS.

but rly i wish they’d give JKH more time to shine i love him so much and he’s being underused :(

• Like 6
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

adore Ik-jun for the fact that he is such a funny, charming and wonderfully caring man. He is the quintessential extrovert and he plays the big brother to the Five, acting as their mediator when the occasion arises. He is also such a great dad to his son, U-ju. Their dynamic is absolutely to die for. All credit to JJS who is just nailing the character on every front. His incredible comedic delivery really lends itself to what the character represents in this show.  He does it with such ease. Of course having a such a great set of lungs and vocal cords is just the icing on the cake.

30 minutes ago, Lalazhiii said:

just wanna emphasize what great work they did in sculpting Lee IkJun’s character, he’s very charismatic! The type you would fall for instantly ! Smart, funny, considerate, great singer and the list goes on and on ! Idk but he feels real to me with a balance between his charm and his flaws. Both writers and JJS did a great work. I mean i came for JKH but was swayed by JJS

And for his haters he is the epitome of all the flaws in the whole wide world. He is nosy, a clown, just a comic relief, not a good dad to Uju & the list goes on & on.

At what level of negativety these haters are standing to hate a character like Ik Jun is beyond me. And they don't hate him generally but just because he is not their preferred partner for their preferred ship. Well what kind of persons they are , my mind can't fathom that.:smirk:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, Uaenaforever said:

I’m rooting for a happy ending for him, specially if involves fatherhood instead of priesthood :tounge_wink:

Lol, I just watched Korean doctors reviewing HP and they also root for Winter Garden, even wishing them to have kids!

I personally think if this season ends with Jungwon going to the seminary, he will come back because he realizes that medical practice is his true calling.

Anyway, happy Thursdsy people!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Lalazhiii said:

I just wanna emphasize what great work they did in sculpting Lee IkJun’s character, he’s very charismatic! The type you would fall for instantly ! Smart, funny, considerate, great singer and the list goes on and on ! Idk but he feels real to me with a balance between his charm and his flaws. Both writers and JJS did a great work. I mean i came for JKH but was swayed by JJS.

but rly i wish they’d give JKH more time to shine i love him so much and he’s being underused :(

This is me literally, Come for jkh ( love all his drama before) but falling hard for jjs, he did a really good job potraying ikjun, now, i almost watch all his work lmao, except two cops and couple of his movie.  I even watch youth over flowers and you r the best lee soon shin for him :joy:

I think tonight episode will be more about junwan, jeongwan and seokhyong, i want to see more junwan and iksun too :rolleyes:

Have a nice Thursday everyone~

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Dramageek said:

I am conflicted between Chi hong and Ikjun. He was burned before waiting for Looney in the restaurant. Even though that is different drama, I hate to see him broken heart again.

Exactly why im on the Chi-hong train (if there is one), thanks @dairymilks @DonnaMae for making me believe hahaha, I've been ecstatic when I saw him again on this drama and vowed to support his character no matter what knowing what he went through with Looney from the previous drama

with that I would like to say, ALL ABOARD THE CHI-HONG HYPE TRAIN, choo-choo

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3