[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

I hoped there will not be a romantic relationship storyline between friends but it was implied in this episode. Or maybe Song-Hwa said in the past that she liked someone else but it was not someone from the group. Probably it was. The problem is not if she liked more than a friend one of the guys in the past, the question is if she still has those feelings now?

If they will want to explore this kind of relationship between long time friends, I hope both have the same feelings. I still do not think it is  necessary but, as I said in early posts, I won`t have anything against it. I like all five friends.

If I have to guess from today episode (it is still early to make guesses), I will eliminate Yang Seok-Hyeong. She already put him only in the friendzone. I think that the show gave us a little hint that An Jeong-Won might developed feelings later for Dr Jang.

I also think Song Hwa had feelings/ had a crush on Ik Jun in the past and I think Jun Wan is the one who had/ has feelings for her more than he realised it. But we`ll see.

I just want to watch them.

I am impressed by Song Hwa as a doctor. I like how she interacts with her interns as well. And her relationship with her mother. She says that she wants to be single but she has a romantic heart. I hope she finds Mr Right for her.

I laughed when the former patient came to Jun Wan to "save" him again. He appears a "tough cookie"  sometimes but she has a good heart. I like how he takes care of Song hwa (he talkjed with the cheating boyfriend, checked her if she is OK). And he makes me laugh when he annoys Seok-Hyeong. I like the scene where the friends have dinner and were bikkering all the time. 

I liked the scene where Ik-Jun  was in the cafeteria (I was surprised to see him there) and gave sausages to everybody . (When it was Seok-Hyeong`s turn he said>  You are a professor. Just one).:lol: I am curious to watch Ik Jun`s story. I thought he was divorced or a widower. I thought he is a single parent. But he is married. Maybe his wife is out of the country for some reason. But if she was in their life, why she did not call all this time? But I did not feel that his wife is present in their life. Something is odd.   We`ll find out more about him.

The twin medical students are so cute and funny. She seems to be in control of her emotions and he is more emotional. I hope I will see them more.
  • Like 7

When Sk confessed past rejection Jwan looks at Andrea, Ik jun look at Sh. I am not in the guessing game yet i am still human even as an audience! This drama so far give us twist reply about all of our first impression.  Priest siblings, no evil Chairman etc. For some reason to me Ik jun and Sh more like a comrade with great understanding yet sarcastic. Even if she had a crush on him ( like seriously he is the common crush material, cool,good look, good grade, charming,funny) this vibe won't come. It only my stupid feelings actually.  Andrea definitely had a crush on her and his mother knew that but crush over friendship is a big no for a softy guy like him. Jw and Sh always fight and care as well. She doesn’t like Jw approach towards many things (like telling his teacher that andrea and he is best friend where as he is clueless about his parent!) Jw strict, bitter, always fighting with one or other, serial date-er, is Polar opposite of Sh. When Jw talked to ex bf and said he is old fashion who thinks girl and boy can't be friend, he means that really. And here the problem lies. May be he know someone from group had a crush on Sh and that's can ruin friendship so he friend zone her long time ago or clueless about his own feelings. On the other hand even if Sh had a crush in Jw,  his attitude or life prospective makes her to forget it and move on as a friend.   

I am ok with anyone with Sh inside or outside group. Only friendship matter. Relationships is just an extra elements.                                    

• Like 5

It's been a good while since I last used my account for Soompi but I can't help it. I'm so hooked with Hospital Playlist so much. I'm loving the tone and vibe they have set for the drama. It all feels too nostalgic and real. The mind games between love lines have started too and it's done in the signature Shin Won Ho way. I personally think he's setting up a love triangle between Songhwa, Jungwon and Joonwan, especially during the Kalguksu scene and Mrs. Ju's funeral, but I guess it's too early to tell. Gaaaahh, I am so inlove with every characters as well especially the main cast's. They are all so distinctive and fleshed out this early. Can't wait for Thursday though it feels so far away ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tootyvirus said:

It's been a good while since I last used my account for Soompi but I can't help it. I'm so hooked with Hospital Playlist so much. I'm loving the tone and vibe they have set for the drama. It all feels too nostalgic and real. The mind games between love lines have started too and it's done in the signature Shin Won Ho way. I personally think he's setting up a love triangle between Songhwa, Jungwon and Joonwan, especially during the Kalguksu scene and Mrs. Ju's funeral, but I guess it's too early to tell. Gaaaahh, I am so inlove with every characters as well especially the main cast's. They are all so distinctive and fleshed out this early. Can't wait for Thursday though it feels so far away ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

You and me, same! I haven't been active at Soompi too but came solely for this *wink*

I hope they all find love outside their friendzone. I don't know why, I feel that they will do that for the sake of their long time friendship.

Waiting for @packmule3  review! And ladies, keep your takes on ep 2 coming. Love reading all of them! :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kokodus said:

Ok we are going down that route again, aren't we? The one thing I didn't want from this writer. Gahhhhhhh. Who the hell did she have a crush on back then? And who the hell bought her those shoes?!?!? Don't play this game with me writernim!!!! I will not fall for it. This is the pink mittens situation all over again. Only those who watched reply 1988 will understand that reference. LOL. 

The nurse mentioned buying her new shoes for her birthday, I think that scene was a confirmation she was indeed the doctor the twins were talking about. From what we have seen so far, I doubt there is a love line as the drama subverts stereotypes found in medical drama. 

I feel this is more a prison playbook vibe than reply (less romance, more slice of life) but who knows I may be wrong 

Edited by Day
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Okay too much characters suddenly included but they seems to be all so important and their friendship will be tested with — Jeong Won using so much of his chaebol side, and many more. But I like how its being presented by the writer. The story is so slow and dragging but then again you go back — something with these inserted characters will mold their friendship to lasting more.

I’ll watch again and listen as the translations have some little differences. 

The title of this drama shouldn’t Hospital Playlist — this should be Reply 1999 :) hehehe. 

Just a note — Jeong Won has something for SH as he knows what to do in the table but he is not interested to pursue — his falling for Dr Jung but Dr Ik Jun has a thing for Dr Jung.... hehehe.  I am so touch with Jeong Won also — we will do our best.. as the only certainty we can tell to the guardians / patients. 

While Jung Wan only realize he has a thing for  Song Hwa? 

Not sure about the romance line between Dr Jang and Ik Jun. It was mentioned that all GS surgeons are very overprotective of her as she is the only resident in their hospital so they are trying to keep her in the program. 

Jung Wan's answer to her ex at the last scene kinda discredited this and makes a call back to the conversations the twins had with the neurosurgery residents. But who knows? 

• Like 5

It seems like each episode is centred around one character. 

Ep 1 - Jeong Won 
Ep 2 - Song Hwa 
Ep 3 - ???

Also interesting that ik-Jun says he is married but there is no sign of a woman in his house. 

I really hope they stick with the platonic friendship within the group. 

The twins story is the best part of the epsiode although we never get to see them say thanks to song hwa. 

I really like that the show subverts stereotypes in medical dramas and focuses on their human sides. 

At times all over the place and I have to rewind so I dont miss any bit of it but overall a breath of fresh air.

On my 2nd watch the nurse bought the shoes for her.

I feel like a minority as I am not necessarily looking for clues about who Song Hwa ends up with but who knows it may be another husband hunt drama which I will be quite disappointed about. 

• Like 3

On second watch, I am seeing these possibilities:

1. The NS head nurse bought the shoes, could possibly also be the twins

2. Based on @Ameera Ali post above, when asked,

- Shwa was looking at JWon

- JWan is clueless

- JWon , something is in his mind, look up and met Shwa eyes

- Shwa avoiding JWon eyes and quickly turn to IJ

- IJ is also clueless

Did Jwon and Shwa have a thing in the past that the others don't know?

3. Jwon's mom is on scheming mode and has roped in Chairman Ju to help her get her youngest son to walk the aisle and produce the much awaited heir to the family. She may have also do that for the remaining bachelors and bachelorette. Perhaps, Shyeong's assistance has also been included in her grand scheme.

4. Jwon may have a new secret admirer.

By the way, I really love how Shwa handled the issue with her chief resident. Despite them having a close relationship, she was not reluctant to put him in place, told him where he did wrong, made sure he did not repeat it again and still maintain the respect he has for her. A good leader quality there. I also think she took the chance to pay back for the 'ghost' nickname ...hehehe, inadvertently.

I am ok with the introduction of many medical staff characters so far. I want to know more of the backstory of Dr. Jang, Captain Ahn (he could also be the possible love interest for Dr. Jang), and Dr. Do (still remembers him from Beautiful Mind ^_^). 

I want another feisty female doctor who can silence Jwan with just a stare or her words. Someone who will make him fall head over heels with just that. Ahhh, I am rooting for that day.

For next ep, I think something is happening and it relates to IJ's wife. A divorce, a scandal? Owhhh, it's hurting to just think about the possibilities. Aigoo, counting days start again....

• Like 2

Finished Ep 2, but plan on watching it once more. 

First half of the episode was slow (plot barely moved) as so many new characters were introduced. It was confusing and had me wondering why do I need to know all these people?! Thankfully we’re back to our main players in the second half of the ep.

The scene at the galguksu restaurant was wonderful. I love how the five friends just talked over one another and had their own conversations despite being seated at the same table. That’s exactly how my closest friends and I talk when the group of us hang out. It might seem slightly chaotic but totally realistic for me so I really enjoyed it.

The reveal of the two newbie medical students - I had a little suspicion they were related but I still liked how they revealed it. The actor looks a bit like younger Park Bogum to me (anyone else??). Wonder if their role will become more significant as the drama progresses?

And as some people have mentioned, NF subtitles leave much to be desired. One part off the top of my head was when Jong-su and Ro-sa were with our five friends and Jong-su wondered aloud why there weren’t any relationships between them and Ro-sa said something like “Why did you have to throw a stone” (literal translation from korean) and the sound effect was a stone landing in water. I laughed because of the apt sound effect and her words but the english translation meant this joke was lost on viewers who don’t understand korean. It’s at times like this I wished NF had “translator’s notes” at the top.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, miracle23 said:

- JWan is clueless

- IJ is also clueless

3. Jwon's mom is on scheming mode and has roped in Chairman Ju to help her get her youngest son to walk the aisle and produce the much awaited heir to the family. She may have also do that for the remaining bachelors and bachelorette. Perhaps, Shyeong's assistance has also been included in her grand scheme.

By the way, I really love how Shwa handled the issue with her chief resident. Despite them having a close relationship, she was not reluctant to put him in place, told him where he did wrong, made sure he did not repeat it again and still maintain the respect he has for her. A good leader quality there. I also think she took the chance to pay back for the 'ghost' nickname ...hehehe, inadvertently.

I am ok with the introduction of many medical staff characters so far. I want to know more of the backstory of Dr. Jang, Captain Ahn (he could also be the possible love interest for Dr. Jang), and Dr. Do (still remembers him from Beautiful Mind ^_^). 

I want another feisty female doctor who can silence Jwan with just a stare or her words. Someone who will make him fall head over heels with just that. Ahhh, I am rooting for that day.

For next ep, I think something is happening and it relates to IJ's wife. A divorce, a scandal? Owhhh, it's hurting to just think about the possibilities. Aigoo, counting days start again....

Yes I really liked how she handled the situation with the resident and it shows how good a leader she is for her to have the foresight to know what his end goal was. She was very diplomatic especially when dealing with Prof Min. She is really one of my fave characters. 

Given the scenes from the preview and his past statement about his marriage, I am assuming she died from a medical condition which he hid from his friends or they are unaware of or she left for another man without officially divorcing him. 

I am also looking forward to knowing more about Dr Jang, she seems to have a more affectionate side from the previews. 

Edited by Day
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

By the way — the next week preview of IJ sad face — I hope its not something about the prostate that YSH was telling his mom. Okay rewatching and listening because PDNim is all about details. Usually, everything has a purpose of inclusion of the scene for him — eg. 225 shoes (same as the description of one of the twins) and translation sucks. 

I find that  AJW is so familiar with CSH needs - pain reliever, he prepares what she likes, how he speaks to her is so sweet while rude to everyone, the tissue, the spoon,  etc. Those are too much but as you could see he was preparing for everyone before he prays and eat (have anyone watch him in Youth Over Flowers — his best friends call him eomma....hahahahahah) 

• Like 5

Just now, anjelikaeyes13 said:

By the way — the next week preview of IJ sad face — I hope its not something about the prostate that YSH was telling his mom. Okay rewatching and listening because PDNim is all about details. Usually, everything has a purpose of inclusion of the scene for him — eg. 225 shoes (same as the description of one of the twins) and translation sucks. 

I find that  AJW is so familiar with CSH needs - pain reliever, he prepares what she likes, how he speaks to her is so sweet while rude to everyone, the tissue, the spoon,  etc. Those are too much but as you could see he was preparing for everyone before he prays and eat (have anyone watch him in Youth Over Flowers — his best friends call him eomma....hahahahahah) 

The gift, it reminds me of an interview YYS had when asked about what he would give as a gift. He said that to consider what the person really needs and giving that as a gift, wouldn't it be more meaningful. :smile:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

How did Songhwa find out that Dr. Yong had an ulterior motive in getting her on-board the surgery? I love her character, she's kind to everybody but she can also be confrontational when necessary. I'm just worried she might spread herself too thin, because she's always at the service of others. 

I also love how Jungwon called out Dr. Jang's behavior towards the mother, that was really mean! Even I would know not to say such things to a guardian/loved one, because they'd carry that burden for the rest of their life. But I'm curious why Dr. Jang looked a bit dazed when the Professor (the one who did Songhwa's dad's surgery) was talking to her. She seems to be the quiet and hardworking type who gets the job done with no complaints. 

• Like 7

Watch: Red Velvet’s Joy Enthralls With MV For “Hospital Playlist” OST “Introduce Me A Good Person”

Mar 20, 2020
by J. Lim
f46c39015c8f41c5b89e1862052a861b.jpeg?s=

Red Velvet’s Joy is delighting both fans and drama viewers with her OST for tvN’s “Hospital Playlist”!

Joy has released the second OST for the drama, and the music video was shared on March 20 at noon KST with the release of the song. Not only does the video contain clips of the characters, but it also shares a look into the process of Joy recording the song.

The song “Introduce Me a Good Person” is a remake of the song released by Basis in 1996. Producing team Lundi Blues was in charge of arranging the song and the rhythmical and acoustic elements add to Joy’s clear vocal tone to create a captivating song.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389288wpp/watch-red-velvets-joy-enthralls-with-mv-for-hospital-playlist-ost-introduce-me-a-good-person

• Like 2

4 hours ago, miracle23 said:

- JWan is clueless

- IJ is also clueless

You might be right about the shoes. Maybe we are thinking too much. Hahaha. But you can only blame the PD and writer for this, they have a history directing us one way and taking the exactly opposite way in the end. I was thinking that the shoes might be gifted to her previously by a special person that's why she has not replaced it eventhough they worn out. There is still something about the shoes that doesn't put my mind to peace. LOL. 

As for the highlighted part in your post above, I think Jeong won might be the only one who knows who she had a crush on, that why they shared that look? Jun wan and IK Jun looked completely clueless, but Jeong won looked like he might have known something. His character is generally observant of small things. So it's highly likely that he caught Song hwa redhandedly when she was ogling at his crush. LOL. 

Jun wan is the one who reminds me of Jung hwan more. He is this tsundere type who is prickly on the outside but a marshmellow on the inside. As of now, he clearly doesn't have any feelings for Song hwa as he told off her ex and I want him to stay that way. He will only get his heartbroken if he starts falling for her. Sighhhh. 

• Like 7