[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

6 minutes ago, milkokoa said:

Aww thanks! Multiple seasons meaning it could even be more than 3 seasons (I wish)

But at the same time, it seems they need to make sure the rating is good to have the next season. 

Knetz need to make sure the rating is good for season 2 as well huhu

Korean dramas are good with 2-3 seasons. No more.. to be honest, i dislike the idea if they lengthen the series to several seasons - it will be stale. how about 16 episodes in next season 2 please....

It had that unique identity unlike American or British show that spans several seasons. My bias is Shin Hyun Bin.. I want her in more drama!! My 1st film with her is the Lost Choices and then Sunset in My Hometown. Then due to 2PM junhoo from Good Manager Kim, I catched up with her in Confession 2019 drama. I like her droopy eyes! She is my type tho!! Hahahahah

• Like 11
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Think JMD's OST will not achieve all kill since the song had been hanging around #4 on FLO for several hours. :lol:

My theory, sorry if offensive, is because FLO is a platform launched by SKT with partnership of Bighit/SM/JYP :vicx:

FLO is reliant on number of unique listeners every 24 hours rather than number of streams..so it counts a bit differently.

Her OST is already doing spectacularly, there is no need to ask for an All-Kill as that is too unrealistic. Melon #1 is already amazing in itself. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Kathy345 I actually noticed SHwa's clothes at the end of the preview as well and like you I was also wondering whether there's some sort of time jump to a warmer month. However later on I also realised it could still very well be in December. She could simply leave her coat/jacket inside if she's not planning to stay outside for too long:D 

Anyway, time jump or not, I'm looking forward to how they're going to end S1. With what are they going to hold the interest of the viewers (so we're going to be really invested in S2)? I feel if they resolve all the lovelines, then they might lose viewers. But if they leave them very unclear, then they might lose some viewers too. Although this show isn't only about relationship, I think honestly that's what majority of the people are invested in. 

In regard to IkJoon, I have a feeling he probably didn't 'plan' to have exclusive romantic relationship with SHwa (not at this point of time at least). What I mean by that is, he too probably is considering their 20-year-old friendship and how a romantic relationship with her will affect the friendship among the group if something bad happens along the way. He definitely didn't plan both his confessions. Both happened due to someone else's questions. I wonder if at first he was just happy to have SHwa eat and drink coffee with him without needing to change their status into 'in a relationship'. And maybe that's why after 1st ever-so-subtle confession, he didn't seem to chase SHwa's for answer and neither after the 2nd one (at least not that we could see unless something happened but the writer chose not to reveal it at this point of time). 

But now it's all sort of out in the open and with SHwa's moving to Sokcho, will he then ask her for her answer? I also think, since now the information is known to the NS residents, the other 3 friends will surely find out about it soon *gasp*? 

ACH is definitely desparate. I feel he's trying his luck one more time to see whether her feeling has change. But I'm also with some of the people here who disagree with how he went about it. 

I'm glad JMD got to do the OST this time but I do like JJS version (in karaoke) a bit better. Maybe because it relates directly to his feeling - it conveyed so much feelings T_T

One more episode ... 

I'm still unsure about the role and significance the band plays in their friendship but I'm guessing that it has a deep connection with SH. The very first scene of the drama was about SH discussing the band with SHwa. And now that our doctors are faced with the possibility of parting ways, there’s a threat that the season may end with the band breaking up. I can't really recall if this was already discussed in the past posts but I'm also wondering about SH's intentions in restarting the band. I just find it interesting why someone who'd rather spend his time alone watching shows like SH would be the one to push for the band. 

When I rewatched ep 4 where they were still planning to start the band in the past, I noticed a few things:

• SH hesitantly claimed that he was good at piano and came from a musical family hence they owned various musical instruments.
  • This confused Jwon who knew SH ever since, implying that SH was lying.

This made me think that there is a possibility that SH studied to play the piano and bought all those musical instruments just for the band. If this were true, I guess the band is quite special to SH given that from then until now he insists on it. Upon reading SH's character profile, it says that he is thankful of his choice "that day" which gave him his 4 friends. And now that he's 40, a big change came into his life making him want to restart the band. It makes me wonder if there's any connection between his intentions in lying in the past for the band and his intentions in restarting the band in the present. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

ddxvlxt-38bd5215-1630-4005-8b90-caaff510made a lil tribute since season finale is next week ^^

canon and met you by chance are my fav 

I was thinking and if you were to recast the actors, how would you do it? For me:

joJungSuk : still ikjun, no one can bring ikjun to life better, i dont even know who’s JJS and who’s IkJun

jungkyungho: seokHyung.. ever since LifeOnMars, i’ve loved JKH as an introvert 

jeonmido : still SHwa obviously..

kimdaemyung: i can picture mr. bear as a pediatrician ^^

Yooyeonsuk I want to say Kimjunwan but i cant picture YYS as an angry loud surgeon XD

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

I'm still unsure about the role and significance the band plays in their friendship but I'm guessing that it has a deep connection with SH. The very first scene of the drama was about SH discussing the band with SHwa. And now that our doctors are faced with the possibility of parting ways, there’s a threat that the season may end with the band breaking up. I can't really recall if this was already discussed in the past posts but I'm also wondering about SH's intentions in restarting the band. I just find it interesting why someone who'd rather spend his time alone watching shows like SH would be the one to push for the band. 

When I rewatched ep 4 where they were still planning to start the band in the past, I noticed a few things:

• SH hesitantly claimed that he was good at piano and came from a musical family hence they owned various musical instruments.
  • This confused Jwon who knew SH ever since, implying that SH was lying.

Hi, sorry to cut short your post but to answer your questions. 

Based on my understanding, (I could be wrong) SH lied about his piano abilities in the past because then, he had a crush on  Songhwa so he was desperate to be accepted into the band. Haha. 

As for the current situation, I believe that it’s related to his sister. He requested it just before Jeongwon dad’s passing. So it was prob Feb/ Mar 2019. I think he just came back from the States (his sister passed away in Dec 2018?) I remember he mentioned his sister teaching him Canon so I’m guessing the instruments and music were a huge part of her life. He could be using the band to help him cope with his loss. 

Storywise, the director & writer mentioned before that they love music from the past. It was easy to incorporate them in the reply series because they were set in the past era. So in order for them to have an excuse to do so in this show, they decided on a band which will also give the show a more fun element. :)

Hope it helps. Pls correct me if I gave any inaccurate info. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, Snow0 said:

Storywise, the director & writer mentioned before that they love music from the past. It was easy to incorporate them in the reply series because they were set in the past era. So in order for them to have an excuse to do so in this show, they decided on a band which will also give the show a more fun element. :)

Thanks, Chingu! :lol: I also read an article about the band being an avenue to bring past music HAHA just wondering if it had contributions to the narrative. I guess I’m still having trouble understanding how they’ll tie together the band scenes with the rest of the story.

I wasn’t able to catch the date of his sister’s passing so I assumed that it was a while back. It does makes sense if it was to help him cope. :lol:

• Like 2

Actors and Actresses of drama 'Hospital Playlist' showed off their good chemistry in the making film of the drama!

cr. Story Kpop

Original Post: Nate

202005231732292510_2.jpg

Netizens comments :

(+475,-10) We can't keep up with the drunk acting of Yoo Yeonseok~

(+417,-11) Jo Jungseok is going to be a father soon and he's a good father in the drama. How good will he be in real life when his baby is born? I'm so jealous of his wife, Gummy. Have a safe delivery.

(+356,-6) Woah Jo Jungseok... The man named you ㅠㅠㅠ

(+43,0) Yoo Yeonseok's drunk acting is more realistic than his sober acting. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(+30,-10) Go Ara... Woah so pretty.

(+28,0) Jo Jungseok keeps getting caught in the Truth or Dare.
Why he's the only one who gets caught?
It was so cute to do it.

(+15,-2) So envy with Sooyoung and Gummy!

@Andrew - Haha, maybe I am greedy for her chart :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Thanks, Chingu! :lol: I also read an article about the band being an avenue to bring past music HAHA just wondering if it had contributions to the narrative. I guess I’m still having trouble understanding how they’ll tie together the band scenes with the rest of the story.

You’re welcome! :D

I think the music is very very important in this show. After all, it wouldn’t be named Hospital Playlist if music was not relevant to the story.  If I’m not wrong, there’s a thematic approach to the appearance of the songs in their relative episodes. The lyrics all seemed to help express the characters’  thoughts or they have some significance when they appear during a scene. I too didn’t catch some of their significance until many of the talented friends here pointed them out in their previous posts. :D

• Like 6
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Snow0 said:

You’re welcome! :D

I think the music is very very important in this show. After all, it wouldn’t be named Hospital Playlist if music was not relevant to the story.  If I’m not wrong, there’s a thematic approach to the appearance of the songs in their relative episodes. The lyrics all seemed to help express the characters’  thoughts or they have some significance when they appear during a scene. I too didn’t catch some of their significance until many of the talented friends here pointed them out in their previous posts. :D

Ah, yes! I agree about the music and songs playing a vital part of telling the story. :lol: I was actually referring to the existence of the band HAHA. Sorry for the confusion. As much as I love the scenes, sometimes I still feel the disconnect perhaps because of the lack of context of how it started. So aside from the POVs and flashbacks of the specific characters, I hope to see flashbacks of their friendship and how the band played a part :D.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

Ah, yes! I agree about the music and songs playing a vital part of telling the story. :lol: I was actually referring to the existence of the band HAHA. Sorry for the confusion. As much as I love the scenes, sometimes I still feel the disconnect perhaps because of the lack of context of how it started. So aside from the POVs and flashbacks of the specific characters, I hope to see flashbacks of their friendship and how the band played a part :D.

Oops. Sorry about the misunderstanding...my bad. 

Knowing the director/writer duo, they’ll prob serve us those scenes in crumbs scattered throughout the seasons... like dangling some carrot in front of us and we’ll be baited anyway... <_<

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

7 hours ago, snowlou said:

@Kathy345 I actually noticed SHwa's clothes at the end of the preview as well and like you I was also wondering whether there's some sort of time jump to a warmer month. However later on I also realised it could still very well be in December. She could simply leave her coat/jacket inside if she's not planning to stay outside for too long:D 

Hi, sorry for jumping in.

It just hit me. What if the ending isnt songhwa in sokcho? But a flashback in hawaii? :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 2

45 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

Hi, sorry for jumping in.

It just hit me. What if the ending isnt songhwa in sokcho? But a flashback in hawaii? :lol:

Lol, it seem to make sense as well.

finally giving us the hawaii story before the season end

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I’m so glad to find a place to discuss this drama. I think Songhwa will end up with SEok Hyeong. Her first love was either the pediatrician or Ik Jun .....or the cardiologist! But she will finish with SEok Hyeong for sure. Does anyone else think this? Please reply if you do. 

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 2