[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

23 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

How to define all kill on music chart?

get no.1 on FLO as well?

real-time #1 on every chart = All Kill (AK)

daily and real-time #1 every chart = Certified All Kill (CAK)

daily and real-time #1 plus weekly #1 = Perfect All Kill (PAK)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Andrew - said:

real-time #1 on every chart = All Kill (AK)

daily and real-time #1 every chart = Certified All Kill (CAK)

daily and real-time #1 plus weekly #1 = Perfect All Kill (PAK)

Thanks for the information.

Had never really paid attention to music charts till now. LOL

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cheesethatnotsocheesey said:

Hahaha I have known about it before and laugh about it.

But do you know that for WinterGarden that their real birthday is also close though the year is 2 years apart.

Yoo Yeon Seok : 11 April 1984

Shin Hyun Bin : 10 April 1986

:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 16

After rewatching Ep 11, I think both Jeongwon & Songhwa are look alike in facing the problems. Both of them choose to follow their minds rather than their hearts. Jeongwon choose to go to priesthood to escape the pain of his job as doctor (I know the priesthood is his childhood dream, but I personally think it's more like his way to escape the pain of his inner struggle as doctor).
Meanwhile Songhwa choose to move to Sokcho for refreshment (and maybe sort out her feeling from the awkwardness of triangle love). Both of them also decided in their own without discussing with their friends first. Even Jeongwon until now did not tell yet to his friends about his priesthood plan :sweatingbullets: (I'm still LOL-ing when Jeongwon told that Songhwa can divide to Seoul-Sokcho for band practice. Like.... Err... What about you, Jeongwon? You will leave on December! :lol:).

I think this is the reason why both characters are the hardest to read, because they like to do things in their own.
I wonder how the writer will show the character development of each of them. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, milkokoa said:

I hope Ikjun and Songhwa do a duet OST,  i'm sure it will break the chart    :lol:

I hope so! Can't wait for the next season. It better not be about being heartbroken and sad. :( The only reason why I want to tear up when I hear their song is because of their beautiful voices blending together. Mido's I knew I love is doing a lot of damage to my heart huhu

Speaking of the next season, I'm looking forward to seeing Jeung-won and Song-hwa's perspective. Can you just imagine the following:

1) How Song-hwa felt when she and Ik-jun didn't end up meeting on her birthday

2) When Ik-jun introduced Hye-jung (his ex-wife) to them and when he told them that they're getting married

3) Maybe even Ik-jun's wedding (or a glimpse of it)

4) Meeting and loving U-ju as her "nephew"

5) Her reaction when Ik-jun got divorced.

6) how their friendship turned out after 1999 and when they were all in residency (and Seok-hyeong was in the States). I think out of them all, Jeung-won, Jun-wan, and Song-hwa kept in touch the most. Seok-hyeong was abroad so for a time, I could imagine that he was out of the picture. I could imagine Ik-jun being busy with work and U-ju. 

Bonus scene: Did Jeung-won visit Dr. Jang? ;)

It's going to be torture, but seeing the scenes listed above will help us understand Song-hwa's perspective. It will make the past 20 years real. It may mean nothing to us, the viewers, but it would be nice to see things from the perspective of someone who (might have) buried her feelings for her long-time friend.

On that note, I hope they keep the OST from the first season. It would be nice to see these scenes with Mido's voice. It's too beautiful. It would be an injustice to have her voice only for two Hospital Playlist episodes. 

Definitely looking forward to next year! (And that possible duet.)

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1

I just have to say...I am afraid of next week episode. I cry so much yesterday watching it. 

And also...what would I see now..this is my only drama right now..

But I enjoyed everything of this week episode. I felt the mom sadness of the though of his son going to be a preast to. 

• Like 3

I never thought a drama with 12 episode can consume my whole week! Everything about hospital playlist make me realize how hard it will be to wait another year. I was excited when jjs and jkh joined the team cause to me they're excellent and flexible actor from their old days to now. But I never thought I will love kdy or mido that much.Big to small every cast member,their expression,become a customized playlists perfectly sync  to my daily life.Even the fox lady from ob-gyn, i will miss her. And dr. Bong and his salon.... why all the characters is so precious!!! :tears:                    

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3

18 minutes ago, midflight said:

On that note, I hope they keep the OST from the first season. It would be nice to see these scenes with Mido's voice. It's too beautiful. It would be an injustice to have her voice only for two Hospital Playlist episodes. 

Definitely looking forward to next year! (And that possible duet.)

I need a duet OST from JJS and JMD, a solo OST from the remaining three main guys and maybe a few more solo from the supporting with musical background in season 2 :joy:

Too much to wish for? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

49 minutes ago, dubuqueen said:

As you all know Shin PD employs a lot of symbolic colours in his dramas. Did you know, that red and blue is the symbol of marriage?

If you notice, in this scene (see ep 8 and ep 10 for reference) the hospital entrance was red and everything else was totally blue (the background, the colours of their clothes and even the camera filter). In Korean culture, red and blue are the symbols of marriage (there is a deeper meaning to this, which I won't elaborate further. Just look up "korean wedding tradition red and blue" and you will find the answer). Some people also said that at the end of ep 11 when Rosa talked with Dr. Jang wedding jingles could be heard in the background.

But not only that, red and blue is also the symbol of the Ying and Yang philosophy which is totally fitting for Gyeo-Wool who is stoic when necessary and gets straight to the point, but comes across as too blunt at times and Jeong-Won who is easily affected by the tragedies of his patients due to his deeply empathetic nature. As the drama shows, things we perceive as our weakness can also become our biggest strength. It's partly due to his compassionate nature, that JW is such a good doctor (the only downside being, that everything becomes more emotionally taxing for him). The operation scene in ep 11 demonstrated to me that they complement each other very well.

Yes, red and blue are the colours that symbolise marriage in Korea, and I've briefly talked about them in this post. And you're absolutely right about them symbolising Yin and Yang.

49925275751_10a2afca5b.jpg

The red and blue Taegeuk (太極) in the middle of the Korean flag represents the "balance in the universe: the red half represents positive cosmic forces, and the blue half represents the opposing negative cosmic forces." (Wikipedia)

Gyeoul's weakness also proved to be her biggest strength. It's amazing how she could stay calm and collected, even when performing her first surgery in front of her crush. Jeongwon and Gyeoul complement each other perfectly. They'll become great doctors if they continue to learn from each other. Was just talking to my friend ytd, and we could totally imagine Jeongwon and Gyeoul joining Doctors Without Borders.

• Like 16
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, milkokoa said:

btw is it really confirm that this drama will have 3 seasons ? not only 2?

or was that just a speculation?

It was mentioned by Shin PD during HP press confrence.

Shin Won Ho explained why “Hospital Playlist” is planned to have multiple seasons. He said, “I wanted to create a drama that didn’t initially have a decided ending or an ending at all. However, the viewers have to give us love for there to be another season. Holding meetings and discussions while leaving the finale open-ended allowed for a lot of new ideas and directions.”

You can read full article from soompi: https://www.soompi.com/article/1387568wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-actors-of-hospital-playlist-talk-about-casting-why-the-drama-will-only-air-once-a-week-and-more

He also confirmed that bcs HP will have multiple seasons, the finale will be open-ended as well. So, we need to set low expectation on the romance. :D

Maybe this season will get us confirmation about their feelings (who 99 squad love interest), and maybe the relationship development will be showed more on Season 2-3.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

37 minutes ago, midflight said:

I actually want four or five or six or seven HAHAHAHA is that too much to ask? :bawling:

me too as long as the FAB 5 and Winter GARden  with mini garden is still in the cast thats very much ok with me hehehehe:blush:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Knetz talks about the current situation of Melon 1st, 2nd and 3rd place between IU, Jo Jungseok and Jeon Mido!

cr. Story Kpop

Original Post: Instiz

ba8e9e3da54cf7aef1818a0b2af1d1ab.jpg

Spoiler

9341ddecf23619a7e9dca90b15d1617d.gif

0cb1831c4b4ac2ce14e094d66fcf1d3f.gif

Ah Jieun... The things is.. 

675d1711854ee15891a55e335ddae448.jpg

03550cf93469477d7b48e5f4b7233d47_mp4.gif

Spoiler

1d6364f152cf46f83ed2c9cd66973607_mp4.gif

Netizens comments :

- What is this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- The last one ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- Woah I think about You're The Best Lee Sunshin,  it's been a while.

- ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- That's the best Lee Sunshin's Jo Jungseok? I didn't know because I saw him when I was too young.

- Midoring I love you ㅠㅠ

- Midoring fighting!

- I mean, what is this ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- Soonshin ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

- The point : Jo Jungseok is living happily with another strong singer. (Hint: his wife LOL)

LMAO, so funny!!! :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

40 minutes ago, superspace said:

It was mentioned by Shin PD during HP press confrence.

Shin Won Ho explained why “Hospital Playlist” is planned to have multiple seasons. He said, “I wanted to create a drama that didn’t initially have a decided ending or an ending at all. However, the viewers have to give us love for there to be another season. Holding meetings and discussions while leaving the finale open-ended allowed for a lot of new ideas and directions.”

You can read full article from soompi: https://www.soompi.com/article/1387568wpp/pd-shin-won-ho-actors-of-hospital-playlist-talk-about-casting-why-the-drama-will-only-air-once-a-week-and-more

He also confirmed that bcs HP will have multiple seasons, the finale will be open-ended as well. So, we need to set low expectation on the romance. :D

Maybe this season will get us confirmation about their feelings (who 99 squad love interest), and maybe the relationship development will be showed more on Season 2-3.

Aww thanks! Multiple seasons meaning it could even be more than 3 seasons (I wish)

But at the same time, it seems they need to make sure the rating is good to have the next season. 

Knetz need to make sure the rating is good for season 2 as well huhu

• Like 7