[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

9 hours ago, larus said:

Why you have to choose? I like all three, plus the lady friend. And KDM. He plays a mama boy but he is funny to watch. :D

Yes, totally agree with you! :)

I know the charming of this PD is the richness of story and characters, and that's the reason why I always watch and love all his dramas. However, every time I am watching Kdrama, I usulaly still have my no. 1 favourite character. Like in Reply 1998 is Junghwan and Prison Playbook is Jung Kyung Hoo. But in Hospital Playlist, all my favourite actors are there! I mean I am big fan of Jung Kyung Ho since Fall in Love with Soon-Jung. Jo Jung Suk since he was still a supporting character in What's up. And Yoo yeon seok since Reply 1994.

So this is one of my biggest dilemma in watching Kdamas :D:wub:

That's why I am very exciting with this drama and 1st episode already passed my anticipation. :heart:

Their chemistry is amazing!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@superspace YYS totally loves children — watch him as music mentor in “We Kid”. Until now his “kids” spends time with him and he visits them often since most of his “kids” in the show are now good young musical actors. Also, he usually volunteers in events relating to children and writes-photography to support children. Sorry that I am too YYS but totally into JJS and JKH too — totally watched all their works. 

Agree with with everyone — not to choose.  Let us just enjoy watching the drama. I totally trust the PDNim and WriterNim’s capacity. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

“Hospital Playlist” Highlights Warm Friendship Between Main Characters In New Posters

Mar 16, 2020
by C. Hong
754868fb75fb476083c177392cd83adf.jpeg?s=

tvN’s special Thursday drama “Hospital Playlist” has unveiled new posters of its principal cast!

“Hospital Playlist” stars Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do as five doctors who have been friends for 20 years. The drama focuses on telling the ordinary stories of ordinary doctors.

hospital-playlist-jo-jung-suk-yoo-yeon-s

The moving poster shows the five friends enjoying each other’s company in the hospital, on their way home from work, and on break. The tagline reads, “In our ordinary lives, a little bit of specialness every day. More special because we’re together with friends of 20 years.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388563wpp/hospital-playlist-highlights-warm-friendship-between-main-characters-new-posters

• Love 2

Watch: Yoo Yeon Seok Takes Viewers Behind The Scenes Of Poster Shoot For “Hospital Playlist”

Mar 16, 2020
by S. Park
387d2f749b96478dbbf2aff8a3348d79.jpeg?s=

Yoo Yeon Seok took viewers onto the set of “Hospital Playlist”!

On March 16, tvN shared the actor’s self-taken video.

After introducing himself as pediatrician Ahn Jung Won, he revealed, “Today is the day of the ‘Hospital Playlist’ poster shoot. We will take turns filming a self-filmed video, and I’m the first one. I, the youngest cast member, will kick this off.”

Yoo Yeon Seok walked around the set where his co-stars Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do pretended to be mad at him for being late. Jo Jung Suk joined in and the cast said hello to viewers together.

After posing for the poster, Yoo Yeon Seok took viewers on a tour of the hospital set. He was especially amazed by the intensive care unit (ICU) and commented that it was so well-made that it could be mistaken for a real hospital. He then ran into Jeon Mi Do. Yoo Yeon Seok asked, “How can you wake up without any bloating? My eyes are puffy every morning.” With a laugh, she replied, “No, I’m really bloated right now.” She then told him her secret, and recommended a cup of green tea with a drop of syrup.

The two actors then walked over to Jo Jung Suk, who was listening to his heart with a stethoscope. He listened to Yoo Yeon Seok’s heart before commenting, “Wow, Yeon Seok’s is definitely faster than mine. I guess it’s because he’s young.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388654wpp/watch-yoo-yeon-seok-takes-viewers-behind-the-scenes-of-poster-shoot-for-hospital-playlist

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hospital Playlist: Episode 1

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist01-00285.jpg

After delving into 1997, 1994, 1988, and then prison, the spotlight turns to hospitals and the doctors who work there. This is a story about a group of friends who stumble across each other one fateful evening, and though they may all be different, their shared bond and memories hold them together for decades. Whether you’re expecting another husband hunt or hospital politics, the show subverts expectations and delivers an entertaining watch with lovable—albeit odd—characters.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

hospitalplaylist01-00003.jpghospitalplaylist01-00007.jpg

Thunder and lightning rumble outside as a woman, CHAE SONG-HWA (Jeon Mi-do), stands in a dark house waiting for her friend, YANG SEOK-HYUNG (Kim Dae-myung), to turn on the lights. As soon as the lights are on, Song-hwa notices the dust and cobwebs strewn over the furniture, and Seok-hyung explains that the house has been empty for years.

When one of the lights flickers off, Seok-hyung immediately calls his mom and asks for help. Song-hwa jokes about him being a “mama’s boy,” asking if he needs permission to drink coffee. To her exasperation, Seok-hyung already has his mom’s permission: “She said one cup a day is fine.” Pffft.

Seok-hyung asks if Song-hwa will do “it” with him, but she declines since all he needs is Ik-joon. She changes the topic, mentioning Seok-hyung’s younger sister Ji-eun, and he tells her that he bought her some treats and a speaker.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/hospital-playlist-episode-1/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to say good bye to AJW's love life even before it happened lol. According to his character description, he really wanted to be a priest so bad I doubted he would get tangled up in any loveline. :sweatingbullets:

I was wondering about any translated character description of the other 4, too curious. ^_^

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 3/16/2020 at 1:51 AM, anjelikaeyes13 said:

YYS totally loves children — watch him as music mentor in “We Kid”. Until now his “kids” spends time with him and he visits them often since most of his “kids” in the show are now good young musical actors. Also, he usually volunteers in events relating to children and writes-photography to support children. Sorry that I am too YYS but totally into JJS and JKH too — totally watched all their works. 

Agree with with everyone — not to choose.  Let us just enjoy watching the drama. I totally trust the PDNim and WriterNim’s capacity. 

Don't be sorry that you're too into YYS. I came across him in Mr. Sunshine, loved his acting, and fell in love with him after watching Coffee Friends. And you have just made me crush over YYS even more. 

I have a feeling there's a love line in this drama, Songhwa might end up with Ikjun or Joonwan. But it's too early to tell. I don't want to get my hopes up and root for a couple only to be traumatized (looking at you, Reply 1988). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, nrllee said:

@packmule3’s watching!  Always loved (and still do) her insights.  Her breakdown of Ep1. :D

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/03/16/hospital-playlist-first-impressions/

Thank you for sharing the review. It's really a good review. There are definitely a number of subtleties going on in the drama. The expressions of Seon Hwa when she read the news and the sms were both showing too concern and as if something is bugging her mind. Jeon Mido did really well in those scenes. I wish I knew what were she thinking in those moments. Tomorrow is Thursday, yeay!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@nrllee @packmule3Nope please don't do this to me. I feel like the writer/director duo knows well now to not go into that path. I'm still scarred from Jung hwan's fate in R88. I too want a love line but let it be neat like the ones in Prison playbook. No unrequited love stories. That's the last thing I want, especially from this writer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2

Has anyone else noticed that Netflix's subtitles already lowkey revealed the Chairman's son before Jungwon's face was shown? The mom calls him "maknae-ya", but the subtitles already referred to him as Jungwon. I totally missed it on my first watch because I was too busy trying to understand what was going on. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

Has anyone else noticed that Netflix's subtitles already lowkey revealed the Chairman's son before Jungwon's face was shown? The mom calls him "maknae-ya", but the subtitles already referred to him as Jungwon. I totally missed it on my first watch because I was too busy trying to understand what was going on. 

Yeah ikr?!?!? I came to the thread to point that out too. Netflix subs sucks. I mean it's not a big reveal or anything, but still it matters. I missed at first too, because I was not familiar with all the names at that time. I sincerely hope Netflix sub team will do a better job than this in the following eps.

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Yeah ikr?!?!? I came to the thread to point that out too. Netflix subs sucks. I mean it's not a big reveal or anything, but still it matters. I missed at first too, because I was not familiar with all the names at that time. I sincerely hope Netflix sub team will do a better job than this in the following eps.

I get that they probably couldn't find an English translation to the word, but I think it would've been best if they maintained the maknae and simply added a translator's note. It can really ruin the experience for the viewer. 

• Like 1

i like that even though it is 1 episode per week, we got 80-90 minute duration so its feel like we dont miss much. 

most of the 2 per week drama only 120 minute run time so we miss like 1/4 of it. 

and by this the waiting can be more exciting! i wonder what will be the rating of this week episode. the premiere already did amazing with 6.325% beating the premiere of both CLOY and Hi bye mama. and last week being the highest rated drama from ongoing tvn drama. 

this week they need to beat 6.7% because the cursed last episode got that high ( this one is a late bloomer from 2.5% debut into 6.7% ending ) and also hi bye mama to not surpass Hospital playlist ( although i believe hospital will be higher because hi bye mama seems to get stable 5-6% rating with fixed viewers because the drama is not everyone taste but those who already invested like me love it so much ) 

so yeah i am looking at 8%. i think the drama can reach higher rating like 10%+ when mister trot is over.

their rating is crazy. 34% for cable is just too much. every drama on thursday got hit hard by it. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1